Working on Bifrost....

Working on Bifrost....

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

And I got stopped cold by… the low level wood I needed! I salvage pretty kitten near everything, and I have so much high tier stuff I figured i’d be good, so when I started making the spirit planks and such, and suddenly realized… holy crap, I need lots of the LOW level stuff!

Ugh. And it will cost more than I’d like to spend to buy the wood. So, I guess I’ll be farming for a bit. In the meantime, does anyone know of any other gotchas I need to watch out for as I advance?

(BTW, I have just about everything else aside from the precursor; all the gifts, mystic clovers, etc, so thats good, just need the precursor quests to finish this off)

Working on Bifrost....

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

simple rule :

old legendaries → buy precursor. some cost more to craft than buying direct from TP.

new legendaries → no option, craft them.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Working on Bifrost....

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

simple rule :

old legendaries -> buy precursor. some cost more to craft than buying direct from TP.

new legendaries -> no option, craft them.

That simple rule only applies if you want it the cheapest, most efficient way possible. Which not everyone does.

If you care more about the journey to the legendary than the legendary itself, then craft it.

If you’re using the legendary as a long term goal since you need one when playing games with open ended play, craft it.

I’m a combination of the journey and long term goal player. I’m crafting my precursor and collecting the mats. But that’s because that’s the best option for me. I fully get and understand that that’s not the best option for others.

But your rule isn’t so simple. It’s dependent on the reason for the legendary and how a player wants to go about obtaining it.

Working on Bifrost....

Posted by: Khyan.7039

Khyan.7039

simple rule :

old legendaries -> buy precursor. some cost more to craft than buying direct from TP.

If you don’t want to rush it, the craft option is cheaper for weapons like bifrost.

Working on Bifrost....

Posted by: onevstheworld.2419

onevstheworld.2419

Legendary crafting was never designed as a cheap way to get an older legendary, just a more predictable way. Before that, you’d be spending all your time buying exotic staves and tossing them into the toilet.

That said, the wiki is quite confusing when it comes to legendary crafting because it doesn’t present the mats you need for the whole process in a readable manner. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/ gives a better summary of this.

(edited by onevstheworld.2419)

Working on Bifrost....

Morfedel.4165

simple rule :

If you don’t want to rush it, the craft option is cheaper for weapons like bifrost.

I suppose that was my concern. Is it cheaper to acquire the crafting items and make it, or buy the precursor outright? Not a gambling man, so don’t feel like risking the mystic toilet.

And since I’m terrible at farming (I get so bored so fast farming for gold I’d rather punch a fork up my nasal pathway), I thought acquiring the crafting materials might be better… but then I have to farm for the crafting materials lol!

Working on Bifrost....

Posted by: Keypek.5716

Keypek.5716

I suppose that was my concern. Is it cheaper to acquire the crafting items and make it, or buy the precursor outright?

It depends on what you’re making. Since you mentioned Bitfrost I’d guess it’s better to make the precursor since the The Legend usually is selling for around 1200 gold on the market. As where if you were trying to make something less popular like The Flameseeker it’s precursor The Chosen usually sells for under 500 gold so I’m guessing it’d be cheaper and far less of a pain in the rear to just buy it out right.

Working on Bifrost....

Posted by: gricks.1897

gricks.1897

The Bard was going for about 90gp the other day. Picked it up and stuffed it in the bank.

The Wrecking Krewe[NYE] – [Maguuma] Arum Bloodclaw

Working on Bifrost....

Posted by: onevstheworld.2419

onevstheworld.2419

Shoot, I meant to link this https://www.gw2bltc.com/
Not the wiki

Working on Bifrost....

Posted by: Rasgalinj.2763

Rasgalinj.2763

I’m currently grinding everything needed to craft the precursor for my legendary as I know I’ll want to dish out the gold for gifts later on. Currently from what I’ve seen on my spreadsheet I’m gathering about 2500 resources per day, spending between 2 and 4 hours. It’s really not bad considering it’s a legendary and you should have to spend some time on it.

Almost fainted when I saw the total number of mats needed, but as long as I’m grinding out one square of Elonian Leather per day (since you can only craft one thread per day) as well as one plank and ingot, it’s more than fair tbh.

Have about 1300 mats left to grind, shouldn’t take too long. Knowing where to look for items + having more than one character so that you can station them at these spots helps a lot.

(edited by Rasgalinj.2763)

Working on Bifrost....

Morfedel.4165

I came to a decision and I only have one character with 100% map completion so I will start taking my other characters through and gather resources while map complete at the same time

Working on Bifrost....

Posted by: JamesT.3645

JamesT.3645

I’ve just finished tier 2, and it was definitely the hard wood that was the most tedious. I’ve a route through Sparkfly Den that gets about 60 logs in 5-10 minutes, and I’d try to do that 2 or 3 times a day. That, and having 10 alts parked at Pagga’s waypoint helped.