World Bosses Melting

World Bosses Melting

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Charles Peter Nystrom.5923

Charles Peter Nystrom.5923

While doing Karka Queen today it had died before I could even run to the boss itself. I was involved in the capture events leading up to it so it wasn’t an issue of me arriving too late. This is ridiculous, no world boss should die in under two minutes!

World Bosses Melting

Posted by: Sthenith.5196

Sthenith.5196

It’s not that, i was at Karka today(with events) and as soon as i arrived on the scene when she spawned, it was already a quarter down. And that normal because of the full map and the amount of dmg done to it.

You want to see insane ? Go HoT to one of the HP champs, see it being taken down by 3 players in less then half the time available. Players are getting really good at what they do. That’s the result.

p.s. :

http://www.digitalstorm.com/slade.asp
That’s the system i have, only better cause i built it myself. And cheaper.

(edited by Sthenith.5196)

World Bosses Melting

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Oh yeah .. please let after every 5 seconds fighting spawn some portals for 5 minutes
that would really be much fun o.O

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

World Bosses Melting

Posted by: MissSinfully.2478

MissSinfully.2478

Oh yeah .. please let after every 5 seconds fighting spawn some portals for 5 minutes

Did someone say Shadow Behemoth?

MissSinfully
Sonyanna
Dragonhunter

World Bosses Melting

Beldin.5498

Did someone say Shadow Behemoth?

It was just the last genious answer ANet had to these kind of requests .. and i’m sooo
exited now to do Shadow Behemoth .. so i expect they do that to all bosses, maybe
with even shorter damage times, and much more portal time .. since that is really
sooooo exiting.

And mostly i always wake up after crashing with my head on the keyboard after
falling asleep.

Oh .. or she can maybe spam fear 10 times in a row every 5 seconds, that is also
soooo exiting .. and another good result that came from a “mob is to easy” request.

Maybe both .. Portals + Fear Spam …

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.

World Bosses Melting

Posted by: Llethander.3972

Llethander.3972

The only one that I ever see die surprisingly fast is Karka Queen, in all honesty. It can be a bit surprising when compared to the rest of the open world boss events, to be sure.

World Bosses Melting

Posted by: Neyjour.3921

Neyjour.3921

The Fire Elemental is another one that goes down insanely fast. It’s such a pity, really. A Boss fight should not be over so quickly.

If I’m on a Boss train I’ll do those two, just for the loot. But I personally find them to be really anticlimactic, and not much fun at all.

Hopefully the Devs might consider at least adding some more HPs to them…

World Bosses Melting

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

The Fire Elemental is another one that goes down insanely fast. It’s such a pity, really. A Boss fight should not be over so quickly.

If I’m on a Boss train I’ll do those two, just for the loot. But I personally find them to be really anticlimactic, and not much fun at all.

Many whelps! Handle it!

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

World Bosses Melting

Beldin.5498

The fire elemental does take a while longer now i have noticed. Its still fast but for
me the main problem is the overlond pre-quest. So for me they can make the
fight longer but only if they shorten the “Waiting for Godot” pre.

I really wish more pre-quests were like Svanir Shaman, were you start at Point A
and on your way to point B where the boss is, you do some short events, instead
of having pres that are so far away from the boss that mostly nobody does them.

World Bosses Melting

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

No, but it would be nice if the players who did the pre events were able to kill her. I’ve always been amazed that a level 80 world boss (with 1.5 health bars, even) dies faster than those in starting zones.

World Bosses Melting

Posted by: Tumult.2578

Tumult.2578

Cant you make a steel parka
for that lightweight Karka?

The Queen, should be seen, with a sheen.

Catch a glimse as quick as you can,
This Queen has a short life span.

Ok, I’ll stop.

World Bosses Melting

Posted by: Manu.6078

Manu.6078

Scaling is broken, megaserver made it worse.

World Bosses Melting

Posted by: Faab.8049

Faab.8049

Yes indeed, they do melt. They did so even faster before. ANet doubled their HP in an attempt to make them ‘harder’. It’s stop gap measure to hide a lack of mechanics.

Look, working out a challenging, diverse, failure prone but still achievable boss fight is not easy. The current Tequatl we have is, I think, a good example of a good set-up.
Difficult start phase where you need interaction from other teams at different sites to avoid invulnerability. Then split everyone to cover three battery sites and knock Tequatl down for a burn phase. At any moment during those phases the challenge can fail.

Golem Mk2 (current) is actually more challanging because you really have to pay attention to the surroundings and not get KD, shot or electrocuted.

But bosses like Kralkatorik, Jungle Wurm and Fire elemental are just straight forward. Lots of HP to chip off, stand mostly in one place and spam skills.
Why oh why, on the Kralkatorik battle does eveyone stand on the rocks to his right and he completely ignores that? Why not have huge AoE flanking areas to force players to his front? Why does the Jungle Worm does not do the same huge Knockback as Golem mk2 can do? And what does the fire elemetal do anyway, other than hang there…?

Maybe I’m underestimating the amount of work it takes to make these things work, but why no make large AoE attacks based on where the most players are around a boss? That will spread everyone out, keep you on your toes and have actually dodge out of harms way. Instead of just standing there….

The mordrem bosses in SW have some nice mechanics that you need to keep in mind of (no AoE, lure to bubbles to weaken etc). THe new HoT area also has some nice mechanics, such as both Wyvern Fights in VB.
It would be nice if the old bosses could see some updates to their challenge.

World Bosses Melting

rhapsody.3615

Golem Mk II is a great example of why it doesn’t work, Faab. They recently removed the stack spot, (in an attempt to get people to move around or get closer to him?)… But the majority of people now stand on the stairs, close to the stack spot, lol. They’re trying to still stack and range, with the added effect of getting knocked around. Now he’s taking longer to kill than before because people simply refuse to learn the mechanics and dodge or use stability (or look at the lightning on the ground).

World Bosses Melting

Posted by: SirServed.5693

SirServed.5693

(or look at the lightning on the ground).

The lightning on the ground chases me around, I swear it does.

World Bosses Melting

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

The karka queen is dying faster because breaking her breakbar breaks her armor, and karka take a lot more damage after that happens.

Why does the Jungle Worm does not do the same huge Knockback as Golem mk2 can do?

It does, it’s just a single one rather than the three in a row the golem’s ground pound does, and covers a smaller area. It also has an AOE fear.

World Bosses Melting

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

The fire elemental does take a while longer now i have noticed. Its still fast but for

I really wish more pre-quests were like Svanir Shaman, were you start at Point A

/map is anyone doing the pre?

Is it just me or has the shaman changed lately? It used to be a bit of grinding and he would be dead. Now he usually has time to wander around first.

World Bosses Melting

Posted by: Serval.6458

Serval.6458

The Karka Queen is pretty easy to tag in time as long you’re waiting at the central spawn point (Steampipe Steading, I think) as there’s no waypoints there. If it spawns near the Southern camp or at/between the two NE camps then you can waypoint there and end up close to it, but if you’re at one of those camps and it spawns at Steampipe then you have a long way to run while the zerg was almost definitely already waiting there.

World Bosses Melting

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Sure … if the fight actually contained anything interesting. For example the Patriarch in Verdant Brink is pretty nice. Not very complicated but enough stuff going on.

World Bosses Melting

Beldin.5498

Is it just me or has the shaman changed lately? It used to be a bit of grinding and he would be dead. Now he usually has time to wander around first.

Noticed that also some days ago. Was still way more fun when i did him before
Mega-Server with 3-4 players and chased us over half of the frozen sea

World Bosses Melting

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Yep. Something has happened and now he’s interesting again. Its much more preferable, and I like seeing the dark blue dots on the mini map. Very occasionally you can get the old school style of fight if you enter a map late.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

World Bosses Melting

Posted by: Kraggy.4169

Kraggy.4169

Maybe these fights should be changed so you have to complete at least one of the pre-events in order to qualify for loot?

I went to my first Karka yesterdey .. been several times but not enough people were clearing the camps so she never spawned in over an hour after her due time .. and the vast majority were AFKing or mindless spamming AoEs in the spawn area while seriously fewer were clearing the camps and it was still some time after her window opened that we went 4/4.

I feel for the guy above who was clearing camps and couldn’t get back before the AFKers had got her down.

World Bosses Melting

rhapsody.3615

The Karka Queen is pretty easy to tag in time as long you’re waiting at the central spawn point (Steampipe Steading, I think) as there’s no waypoints there. If it spawns near the Southern camp or at/between the two NE camps then you can waypoint there and end up close to it, but if you’re at one of those camps and it spawns at Steampipe then you have a long way to run while the zerg was almost definitely already waiting there.

That is exactly the problem. 90% of people are waiting at Steampipe, while those doing the work to make her spawn miss at least half of the fight (and most likely lose their chance at an extra champ bag from her).

World Bosses Melting

Khisanth.2948

Yep. Something has happened and now he’s interesting again. Its much more preferable, and I like seeing the dark blue dots on the mini map. Very occasionally you can get the old school style of fight if you enter a map late.

That “something” is the breakbar. The useless snares people spam on it no longer works.

World Bosses Melting

Khisanth.2948

Maybe these fights should be changed so you have to complete at least one of the pre-events in order to qualify for loot?

I went to my first Karka yesterdey .. been several times but not enough people were clearing the camps so she never spawned in over an hour after her due time .. and the vast majority were AFKing or mindless spamming AoEs in the spawn area while seriously fewer were clearing the camps and it was still some time after her window opened that we went 4/4.

I feel for the guy above who was clearing camps and couldn’t get back before the AFKers had got her down.

The same problem Shadow Behemoth used to have and to some degree the Karka Queen has had to problem since her introduction. Easiest “fix” would be eliminating the Steampipe spawn point from the list of possible spawns.

Edit: Breaking the breakbar shouldn’t remove the armor either.

World Bosses Melting

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

You want to see insane ? Go HoT to one of the HP champs, see it being taken down by 3 players in less then half the time available. Players are getting really good at what they do. That’s the result.

How is that insane?

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

World Bosses Melting

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

While doing Karka Queen today it had died before I could even run to the boss itself. I was involved in the capture events leading up to it so it wasn’t an issue of me arriving too late. This is ridiculous, no world boss should die in under two minutes!

This isn’t new to KQ. On well-prepared maps, it has died within 1-2 minutes for over a year. To be honest, that is partly why I like the event.

On the other hand, I support the idea that “world bosses” should be a challenge, commensurate with other WBs and with the reward. In particular, the KQ is easier to defeat than the Champ Karka at Camp Karka, one of the pre-events — that does seem silly.

One easy change would be to ensure the KQ doesn’t lose half her health after her shell breaks — in theory, that should be just changing data. There are probably some other low-cost changes ANet could make, if they don’t have time to retool the entire event.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”