World Bosses & the Megaserver

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: lucykate.6920

lucykate.6920

I want to start with the positives because i feel so many people post rants on the forums about how terrible things are and how badly Anet have done. I think they do an amazing job and i just wanted to make this forum post to possibly help in a constructive criticism way.
I love the megaserver as a whole, having more players around makes things so much more exciting. Events have become more popular and map chat has become a hub of chatter. I’ve found there are more people around to help when i need it and leveling has become a lot more enjoyable too with people around.
I have always been a fan of world bosses too, there a fun way of making some gold and fighting something a more interesting and challenging than other mobs.

As far as the downsides go..
I have had problems with load screens becoming a lot longer and areas get very laggy when events are running because of the large increase in people. It is not unbearable and i can still play but i feel sorry for those with computers not quite as quick as mine.

My main worry is for world bosses, specifically Teq and Triple trouble. These require a lot of team work and communication, previously this has been done server wide normally on a VOIP service meaning that sometimes (not always) the events have been completed successfully. With the new megaserver there seems to be a large decrease in success rate..in my experience anyway.

All in all megaservers are brilliant but i do worry about my beloved world bosses.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Moderator.8539

Moderator.8539

Hi there!

Please make sure to leave your feedback in the established main-threads for the Feature Patch. You are welcome to repost your comments, questions and concerns here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Game-Updates-Guild-World-Events-Megaservers-WvW/first

Thank you!