World Completion Rush & Hearts in Squad?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Solaxo.7409

Solaxo.7409

Hi Anet!

Big fan of all the work you do to make this game great. Been a fan since GW1 Launch! I have met a lot of wonderful players in this community running Hero Point Rushes weekly, and now I am planning a new project.

That project is a World Completion Rush in Core Tyria, and we are working out the schematics on how to make this work. I have some ideas with the upcoming squad changes, but I wanted to ask a question to the devs watching.

Is there any possibility of a change that could be made to allow parties and squads being able to help complete Renown Hearts? It would be great if we could get a squad that could all work towards a goal at a heart instead of having to wait on each person in some cases to get an item etc.

A few brainstorming ideas:

- This change could happen to Commander Squads only and those in the squad to promote large grouping in the core world, but still retain the solo feel for those working alone. Plus it would add more value to the Commander Tag, and all those great squad changes you have added!

- If Squads are too big, the change could be made to affect people within a subgroup or party.

- There could be a radius around the heart that promotes people being close to the action.

I know I am asking for a long shot, but if there was a switch to flip and it could happen; would you think about doing it? Pretty Please =) I also know coding is not a switch either so thanks for any consideration!

For those reading this interested in a World Completion Rush, I am planning on starting this in February. I want to wait until we can GLIDE!

- The goal right now is to do 1 zone per week if we are doing hearts.
- If we find that hearts are too much to manage with a large squad; then we will drop them and do everything else in a zone.
- If the latter happens then we will plan to do 2 – 3 zones a week instead. I plan to set aside one night per week for this similar to how I have been doing Hero Point Rushes since Sept.

For those that can’t glide; I made a new mesmer alt the other day just for this event, and tomed him to 80 =) (Thanks Spvp!)

You can contact me at solaxo.7409 ingame if you have any questions

Also be on the lookout here:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/community/events

or: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/

I will be posting event info on both each week when I run them! We are in the NA Region as well.

Looking forward to a new adventure soon in Tyria!

Solaxo | [MF] Malum Factum – Officer
www.malumfactum.com
Yak’s Bend

(edited by Solaxo.7409)

Posted by: Rayden.3695

Rayden.3695

I must say I am at a loss, you use the wording “world completion rush” but it more or less looks like slow mode of world comp. Other than that I support the idea of being in a party should make all players contribute towards, and that way also finish, a renown heart together.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

hearts were designed and scaled for completion by individual characters. It would require re-inventing the mechanic to make them work (& scale) for a squad. That said, some hearts need reworking because they are very difficult to finish if multiple people are in the area without local events contributing the right types of foes; that’s something worth working on, independent of squads.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Solaxo.7409

I use Rush, because that is how I promote my Hero Point Rushes. I have 100% complete myself and remember how long it took haha!

The difference though is that I mostly did it solo over a few months in 2012. It will be fun to have a full squad tearing through the zones for this!

www.malumfactum.com
Yak’s Bend

Posted by: WingLegacy.7159

WingLegacy.7159

2-3 zones per week, I wouldn’t call it rush. Can do world completion in 3 days. But your idea is good it will help new players a lot.

Posted by: Sourde Noire.5286

Sourde Noire.5286

Yeah, I’m sure this will be top priority above bug fixes and other things that actually need implementation.

But hey, you’re mostly doing this as an advertisement for your event anyway, so what gives.

While some hearts can take long without events, I don’t see how this is a really needed feature, since most can be done rather quickly and solo. You already have benefits playing with others, i.e. for mobs that spawn performing heart actions, that you can kill once for every player doing it.

Posted by: Falanu.4289

Falanu.4289

2-3 zones per week, I wouldn’t call it rush. Can do world completion in 3 days. But your idea is good it will help new players a lot.

How could a open-world-rush help new players? I don’t see it… or is it the same kind of help many guilds provide, when new players get abandoned during the first story video in AC?

Solaxo.7409

Try to think of Rush as more of a good time feeling here :P It’s a long term project to knock out with new friends. But once a week we plan to “Rush” one zone and knock it out too!

An example of our current hero point rush this week:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/41hvwq/hero_point_rush_legends_of_the_hot_wednesday_120/

Videos / Picture Links in the reddit post for those that want to see us helping, / meeting / having a great time with players!

I also know it was a long shot asking the devs here, but it never hurts to ask!

www.malumfactum.com
Yak’s Bend

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

How could a open-world-rush help new players? I don’t see it… or is it the same kind of help many guilds provide, when new players get abandoned during the first story video in AC?

Finding new friends.

Getting that one skill point that just seems to be too hard for them solo

Someone else right there doing those pain in the rear end hearts so you can complain about it and have an audience.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Try to think of Rush as more of a good time feeling here :P It’s a long term project to knock out with new friends. But once a week we plan to “Rush” one zone and knock it out too!

An example of our current hero point rush this week:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/41hvwq/hero_point_rush_legends_of_the_hot_wednesday_120/

Videos / Picture Links in the reddit post for those that want to see us helping, / meeting / having a great time with players!

I also know it was a long shot asking the devs here, but it never hurts to ask!

So more of a world completion leisurely stroll.

Solaxo.7409

Maybe a post holiday jog :P

www.malumfactum.com
Yak’s Bend