World bosses are a mess

World bosses are a mess

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: wKmike.6318

wKmike.6318

I hope they are working on world bosses right away.

You got jungle wurm which can be instantly killed by any random feedback.

You got taidha trying to give her death speech forever unless people stop attacking.

You have the megadestroyer pre-event causing the NPCs to not spawn, therefore preventing it from spawning.

Dredge commissar has not been working either. I’ve been on dredgehaunt for an hour, completing pre-events and it has not spawned. I also tried to do the collection event nearby only to find it glitched as well….

I wonder if triple wurm has had it’s problems fixed?

I have not heard any news of these problems being worked on

World bosses are a mess

Posted by: Skan.5301

Skan.5301

Its probably safe to say once the China hype is over, things will start getting looked at and fixed. Until then, it is how it is.

“Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.”
– Euripides

World bosses are a mess

Posted by: Klonex.4562

Klonex.4562

~ just a few seconds ago the jungle worm came up and then just decided to go back down again…

it would also be nice if they finally implemented a(n) in game boss clock to know which bosses are up. while i thank the community from those other sites that had them, since the release of the megaservers i have absolutely no idea which events are currently up.

~Krystal <3 Angela ~
~ I taught cows how to Moo! ~

World bosses are a mess

Posted by: Lankybrit.4598

Lankybrit.4598

http://guildwarstemple.com/dragontimer/

is a pretty good one. Just select your realm and off you go.

My Life in Tyria: http://lankygw2blog.blogspot.com/
Updated every Monday

World bosses are a mess

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

They released a time table back on the blog post regarding world bosses and megaserver. There’s only a slight error in their table.

But we all know that an update without a major bug is impossible. What’d be nice though would be for those bugs to be fix under a week or two…

World bosses are a mess

Posted by: Goldberg.4831

Goldberg.4831

http://dulfy.net/2014/04/23/event-timer/

I have some luck with dulfies timer. FYI

World bosses are a mess

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Its probably safe to say once the China hype is over, things will start getting looked at and fixed. Until then, it is how it is.

Why is it safe to say that?

World bosses are a mess

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

The events generally seem to be running as well as they have ever done. There needs to be a solution for the contested state of waypoints/events on megaservers but other than that it seems to be business as usual.

World bosses are a mess

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

As far as I know, commissar was removed from the world boss schedule as there is a new one that is in the works. This appears as a TBD in the schedule that anet released a while back

World bosses are a mess

Posted by: Grimezy.5679

Grimezy.5679

I just think they need to sort out mega-servers. Jormag used to be fun when 20-30 of you took it on. Now it’s just a lagfest with hundreds of low res pixels on my screen.

World bosses are a mess

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

It’s been like a year and we still get stuck in the ground for 5 seconds when we build siege.

I think the Anet devs are working on another game.

World bosses are a mess

Posted by: Rentapest.6503

Rentapest.6503

The events generally seem to be running as well as they have ever done. There needs to be a solution for the contested state of waypoints/events on megaservers but other than that it seems to be business as usual.

It’s nothing like “business as usual” at all! The events have been completely ruined in the last nerf.

Putting timers on things means that you would have to spend an ENTIRE day playing to complete the events that you could have done before the nerf in a matter of 2-3hours!!!

Also, the mega-fail-servers are a joke! It’s basically overflow without the tag on the minimap, that’s all. So you try and do an event like Failquatl, it’s impossible on “overflow”.

World bosses are a mess

Posted by: darkkinder.7926

darkkinder.7926

It’s been like a year and we still get stuck in the ground for 5 seconds when we build siege.

I thought this only happened to me (I’m new to WvW),

a year this is lame.

(edited by darkkinder.7926)

World bosses are a mess

Posted by: wasted.6817

wasted.6817

Add to this the bug with Tequatl, it bugs out if you skip the phase. Bug’s been around for months, still no fix.

World bosses are a mess

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

I thought this only happened to me (I’m new to WvW), a year, this is lame.

Your stunned…if you do not want to wait 5 secs to move use a stun breaker utility skill.

Yeah…I think this bug as been in WvW since release day…pretty lame its never been fixed. Only a million+ players have told them about it. But WvW is never part of the Living Story so no resources are devoted to it and Anet always seem to have bug fixing on a very, very low priority.

World bosses are a mess

Posted by: Dean Calaway.9718

Dean Calaway.9718

You got taidha trying to give her death speech forever unless people stop attacking.

That’s actually pretty funny, just shows how “clever” people are, you have people on /s (so it shows over head, no excuse like “I didn’t see it”) telling them in caps to stop attacking and they keep their rotation.

I’d love the fix for this to be insta kill, not even down state, just insta kill. And preferably no loot for those players.

Also, the mega-fail-servers are a joke! It’s basically overflow without the tag on the minimap, that’s all. So you try and do an event like Failquatl, it’s impossible on “overflow”.

Teq fails because players run zerker gear on it, that’s the number one reason followed by clueless people.
And believe it or not, you have people like that on EVERY server, if you think your home server is some kind of bastion of holy amazingly skilled players you have something else coming.

Even on a successful attempt, just 30~40% of the players did 95% of the work while the rest just leeched, but still got their ego boost and a high opinion of themselves.

The reason why the event was more successful on main servers was because those guys were there for hours and hours, a whole day even, those are dedicated players, being on main was just a testament on time invested, and people with that kind of dedication are clever enough not to use useless zerker gear on Teq.

And because all of this, a 50 player guild can go on what ever map (including overflow in the old days) and secure a kill while the rest of the people there go “hell yeah, I rock”, never mind if most of the time they were either dead on the ground or rez rushing.

In short, it’s people that are to blame, and some people are still under the impression there are maps specifically filled with bad players and think “why am I here, I belong with the winners”, pointing the finger to everything but themselves.

Victoria Cross [VC] – Desolation [EU]

(edited by Dean Calaway.9718)

World bosses are a mess

Posted by: megakittytron.5971

megakittytron.5971

Triple trouble achievements are still broken also…