World completion

World completion

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Leriol.8421

Leriol.8421

Weren’t WvW (PoIs, WP, etc) removed from the world completion requirements?
If they were, why do my characters still require them, and how can I get this fixed?

Thank you.

Leriol

World completion

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Has it gone into effect yet? They said next release but no date at that time.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/changes-to-world-completion/
“As part of our ongoing efforts to align the systems of Guild Wars 2 more closely with their connected content, we’re changing the way that world completion works in the next release. Specifically, we’re removing the World vs. World maps from world completion requirements.”

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

World completion

Posted by: friggarn.5360

friggarn.5360

It was removed awhile ago – my character that was missing it instantly received map completion.

World completion

Just a flesh wound.3589

I guess it depends on if OP has gotten 100% on the PvE maps then and how much he is missing. Sometimes it’s possible to miss a whole PvE map, such as the Fields of Ruins. Maybe he did that.

ANet may give it to you.

World completion

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

As friggarn said, they were removed from map completion at least a month ago (probably farther back, actually). OP is probably just mistaken and has maps unfinished.

Edit: WvW was removed from completion with the March 16th update.

World completion

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

I have some characters that I got 100% on a while ago, these no longer have 100% because of the new POIs, tasks etc that were added from LS and the NPE update.

Perhaps OP is in the same boat. Mouse over all of your maps to see if you are missing any individual points. Remember that cities count as well. A common area that gets missed is Chantry of Secrets (1 POI).

World completion

Leriol.8421

I have checked every PvE map percentage three times and confirmed 100% for all of them. One character shows 98% map completion — 477/486 WPs, 633/652 PoIs, and 221/226 Vistas. Looking at the WvW map, those are the only ones I’m ‘missing’.

I know about the “new PoIs” and made sure to get them done.

World completion

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Did you do all the skill challenges? Those are part of map completion as well.

World completion

Posted by: Azurem.9468

Azurem.9468

I have checked every PvE map percentage three times and confirmed 100% for all of them. One character shows 98% map completion — 477/486 WPs, 633/652 PoIs, and 221/226 Vistas. Looking at the WvW map, those are the only ones I’m ‘missing’.

Well your totals are the same so I doubt you have some weird bug where only you have to do WvW maps when nobody else does. I definitely have never completed a WvW map.

Attachments:

World completion

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

The 486 doesn’t include wvw maps, as that’s what my newest map completion character has for her total waypoints. You’re missing part of at least one map, if not more than one.

World completion

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

You’re missing Rata Sum by the sounds of it

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

World completion

Posted by: Azurem.9468

Azurem.9468

Lol yes, that has exactly the 9 WPs, 19 PoIs and 5 Vistas that he’s missing.
How do you completely miss one of the racial capital cities?

World completion

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

Lol yes, that has exactly the 9 WPs, 19 PoIs and 5 Vistas that he’s missing.
How do you completely miss one of the racial capital cities?

From the ground, you can’t miss it, as it’s a giant floating cube! :p

But looking at the map, it is kinda camouflaged by the surrounding brown rock. I’ve done map completion a fair few times, one of my characters forgot about Hoelbrak once, and another completely missed Dredgehaunt Cliffs!

It’s strange, but I’ve found it seems easier to forget some zones the more times you’ve done map completion, because you seem so sure you’ve already done a map you’ve missed.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

World completion

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

It’s the Chantry of Secrets in Blood tide Coast. If you haven’t been there, it does not show on the map. If you hover over the map and you don’t have it, it still shows 100%, even though you don’t have it!!! Go there. Be happy.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

World completion

Just a flesh wound.3589

It’s the Chantry of Secrets in Blood tide Coast. If you haven’t been there, it does not show on the map. If you hover over the map and you don’t have it, it still shows 100%, even though you don’t have it!!! Go there. Be happy.

He’s missing 9 WPs, 19 PoIs and 5 Vistas (which is identical to Rata Sum). I don’t think the Chantry is the answer here.

ANet may give it to you.

World completion

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

He’s missing 9 WPs, 19 PoIs and 5 Vistas (which is identical to Rata Sum). I don’t think the Chantry is the answer here.

Probably skipped one of the Orr zones.

Or yeah, maybe rata sum after glancing at what’’s there

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

World completion

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

Yeah well he is probably missing Chantry of Secrets too :p

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

World completion

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

Yeah well he is probably missing Chantry of Secrets too :p

He’d have one more POI missing if he was.

Unless he forgot to grab the chest for that map.

World completion

Leriol.8421

<MASSIVE facepalm> with a kitten tat on the forehead. How could I have completely missed Rata!! <groans> Thank you, guys! Ya’ll are the bom’!

World completion

Leriol.8421

PenelopeHannibal and Azurem hit it on the head. Somehow I totally skipped that zone … after looking at the big map probably 15 times.

World completion

Posted by: mcwurth.2081

mcwurth.2081

i had this, go in bloodtide coast (where the island is with the whisper people cave) instant 100%. I think it is a bug.