Worried guild wont be able to get Guild Hall?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

So with HOT who knows how far off and the little addressing for this situation it is understandable that some people may be worried their guild may have problems unlocking their hall. I am in a similar situation as I am in a 2 person guild who both joined this game from another game.

Not to fear I have a possible solution for those of us in this situation. I propose that you (we) find similar guilds who are facing the same problem and have them ready for if this is indeed the case upon HOT release so we can all help each other out.

Example upon release if you say need for example 10+, no biggy all small guilds can TEMP join each other’s guilds to help ALL said guilds to unlock their hall and then they can all go their merry ways playing solo, duo or whatever your particular guild does.

On the second post here we can start a list featuring those guilds applying to be included in case such a thing does occur. Feel free to have your guild leader or an officer to post here that they are open to such an idea. Guild name and leader/officer name submitted would be good enough. I will start this off and continue to update the second post as you fine people start to sign up.

Ps you may also want to make note of how many members your guild currently has.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

(edited by Paulytnz.7619)

Paulytnz.7619

SAS – Paulytnz. (2 members)

(edited by Paulytnz.7619)

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

It might be easier, at the time, to just use the LFG tool.

Unless, you are going to administer this for everyone in a couple of months, or whenever HoT launches.

Good luck.

Paulytnz.7619

It might be easier, at the time, to just use the LFG tool.

Unless, you are going to administer this for everyone in a couple of months, or whenever HoT launches.

Good luck.

Well that could be an option but I know of a lot of ppl who ignore the LFG tool for other reasons or bad experiences. The idea here was to simply put down some names of other people/guilds to have as a short list ready for if/when the time came .

So lets say HOT comes along, and we see that we DO need more ppl, instead of panicking or seeing if the LFG tool is a viable option we can remember that there was a list somewhere of ppl who are willing do this. Next step is to go back to that list, locate some names of guild Leaders/officers, send them ingame mail or whisper to see if they are still willing to help or need help and then go from there.

Of course contact could even be made beforehand, who knows maybe people will meet cool new people and who knows maybe even smaller guilds merge or something in time? You never know lol…

Inculpatus cedo.9234

That’s great. As long as everyone keeps the list handy. Unfortunately, the list will drop off the front page rather quickly, and the search function in-house is non-existent. That’s why I asked if you were planning on being the administrator. I know I will probably look for people to help with my Guild Hall.

If so, best of luck! =)

Paulytnz.7619

It will no doubt fall off the front page fast and often. No biggy tho I can redirect posts to it that concern the matter. Not sure if I remember the bumping rules but I could do a bump once in a while as well.

As the time gets closer to the launch I’m sure more and more ppl will get worried about this, that is if no new info comes about it. So I’m sure there will be a lot of opportunity to re-bump or redirect here. And who knows if it gets a lot of attention and the mods think it may be needed for when HOT launchs it could be made a sticky, but we will see I guess lol.

Sooooo Inculpatus why not just jam your name down here if a guild leader or officer lol?

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

The only option will be to join a large guild for guild hall activities – you can still remain in your little one too but forget about getting it a guild hall.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

Paulytnz.7619

The only option will be to join a large guild for guild hall activities – you can still remain in your little one too but forget about getting it a guild hall.

Sorry but I don’t agree with you at all. If a larger group is needed simply to open up the hall then it would be easy to take in “temp” members for that. How can they possibly stop this? Why should they have small guilds left out?

In fact just as we have people “selling dungeon runs” etc I should imagine you may get those parasites (personal opinion no harm meant :P) trying to make gold off helping ppl open up their halls as well. What I propose here is an option BEFORE that starts happening.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I think this is an excellent idea and I’ll certainly be suggesting it to small guilds after HoT is released.

But I think it’s a bit early to start planning the specifics. At the very least we need to know what is involved in getting a guild hall and how many people it requires.

It would be very frustrating if multiple guilds got themselves organised for launch day, got a schedule together for unlocking guild halls and then found out that actually they need to buy an item or complete some pre-events or research guild halls or whatever before they can even start claiming one.

Likewise it’d be frustrating to carefully coordinate 50 people from 10 different guilds only to find that the minimum group size is 10 and you actually just needed a couple of extras. (Or even worse that the maximum group size is 25 and half of them can’t even come along.)

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Paulytnz.7619

I think this is an excellent idea and I’ll certainly be suggesting it to small guilds after HoT is released.

But I think it’s a bit early to start planning the specifics. At the very least we need to know what is involved in getting a guild hall and how many people it requires.

It would be very frustrating if multiple guilds got themselves organised for launch day, got a schedule together for unlocking guild halls and then found out that actually they need to buy an item or complete some pre-events or research guild halls or whatever before they can even start claiming one.

Likewise it’d be frustrating to carefully coordinate 50 people from 10 different guilds only to find that the minimum group size is 10 and you actually just needed a couple of extras. (Or even worse that the maximum group size is 25 and half of them can’t even come along.)

I do admit that I may have posted this early. But I have also seen posts from people concerned that this may happen to them, so I figured if this can get posted up and those players sign up to it, it might just stop further posts of people worrying about it. That or give something, no matter how small or lame it is for them to grasp on to as a possible work around if it comes down to it.

To address your concerns with regards to organising before hand I seriously doubt Anet would limit the max number to be able to take part in the guild opening up the hall. Yet at the same time I do wonder how it will work, maybe an instance working similar to how the new instanced guild missions are to work? If anything tho I think the limit would be similar to map limitations at worst or maybe I am too optimistic there lol.

But again lastly I say this is not meant to be a super duper, organised thing as such. For now in the least just a guild saying they are open to the idea and putting forth a members name to be contacted if and when needed as the time to launch gets closer.

Thanks for the feedback so far guys.

This may become obsolete if Anet does release new info soon but either way at least it’s something for now so people not worry so much.

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Honestly, I wouldn’t even call a 2 person guild a ‘guild’.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

And yet, there are plenty of those around. I’m sure no one wants to support size discrimination, else some fellas I know might be upset!

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

The dev’s could or should do two things. One is add a Guild tab in the LFG tool. I’d certainly try to help small guild grab the hall. The Second is raise the maximum capacity of Guild Memberships we can have. 5 certainly isn’t enough now with this new system coming in.

On a brighter note, in the trailer for Guild Halls they show 10 players grabbing the crystal in the hall. So if it only took 10 Dev’s to do it, that’s what 3-4 regular players?
<zing!>

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: TheMurkMuffin.8213

TheMurkMuffin.8213

Renaissance Vector – The Murk Muffin (4 members)

Kaliabell – 80 Norn Reaper
-Retired Thief

Posted by: TheMurkMuffin.8213

TheMurkMuffin.8213

The dev’s could or should do two things. One is add a Guild tab in the LFG tool. I’d certainly try to help small guild grab the hall. The Second is raise the maximum capacity of Guild Memberships we can have. 5 certainly isn’t enough now with this new system coming in.

On a brighter note, in the trailer for Guild Halls they show 10 players grabbing the crystal in the hall. So if it only took 10 Dev’s to do it, that’s what 3-4 regular players?
<zing!>

Well played, sir. Well played.

Attachments:

Kaliabell – 80 Norn Reaper
-Retired Thief

Posted by: ImTasty.2163

ImTasty.2163

I don’t think 2 people will be able to do it, but there are other options.

1) Everyone will have access to an instanced area that works similar to a Guild Hall.

2) Get some temp members to join the guild to help you capture your own Guild Hall. This option may cost you some gold though because I have this feeling people will offer up “Mercenary” services to help smaller guilds get their halls.

Posted by: Pirlipat.2479

Pirlipat.2479

@ OP: I personally think your idea is great, but I think you should start such a list, when the expansion is launched. Btw I think it would be good if interested guilds would add if they play on EU or NA servers.

Posted by: Robyn Yew.6072

Robyn Yew.6072

Just saying. You get temp members to open ur guild hall. What happens when u have to defend it? As I saw from the luvestream it’s an on going thing……

}|{Rhbyn Yew}|{ Sylvari Ranger 80
born to Isle Of Janthir

Posted by: Tere.4759

Tere.4759

It may be better to start a forum on enjin for it. That way it won’t get lost, if you want to bring it to the top you only need post the link. BTW, The Black Court is very willing to help others out.

Guild Leader of The Black Court, we’re small, friendly and active.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I don’t think this is going to be much of an issue especially with the change to have every guild getting the same mission for the week. Even now if we do our missions we often end up doing our missions with other guilds whether we need to or not.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Just saying. You get temp members to open ur guild hall. What happens when u have to defend it? As I saw from the luvestream it’s an on going thing……

I don’t think it’s ongoing. I think the “defend it” is lore, but mechanically a claimed hall is a permanent hall. A lot of people in the CDI (including me) expressed strong opinions that there should not be hall “decay” requiring constant attention to maintain one’s gained progress.

Regarding temp joining guilds, what I’m hoping is that the mission to claim the hall is like other missions currently are. A guild member has to kick it off, but then anyone can come help without tagging up to that guild. So OP, people might not need to agree to let others into their guilds (with possible bank theft issues etc) to get their aid. I hope it can just be a big cooperative effort. Or people could sell their help for gold (but sellers beware, a lot of players including me will be happy to join in for free) and be mercenaries for hire. RP potential: no game money changes hands but crack teams get “hired” to help clear out mordrem nests.

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Imho 2 people isn’t a guild. Just join a guild and you have your guild hall. A guild should consist of at least 10 people.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

Posted by: shion.2084

shion.2084

Honestly, I wouldn’t even call a 2 person guild a ‘guild’.

My guild DAWN – “Dances With No-One” disagrees with you It is prehaps the second most exclusive guild in all of guildwars, having a mere two members whom qualify

Posted by: Galandil.9641

Galandil.9641

Imho 2 people isn’t a guild. Just join a guild and you have your guild hall. A guild should consist of at least 10 people.

As it was in GW1, the numer of maximum members of a party should define what’s the minimum amount of players required to do everything inside a guild. And that’s 5 in GW2.

Posted by: Feirlista Xv.1425

Feirlista Xv.1425

I realy think small guilds with under 20 active players are going to have a rough time with the new guild hall system

Inside the Guild Initiative Headquarters, you’ll find explorers who have scouted out particularly large infestations of Mordrem in remote ruins in and around the western jungle. Given the incongruous concentration of Mordrem in these locations, they’ve been determined to be of strategic importance to Mordremoth. The explorers are seeking guilds willing and able to mount expeditions to liberate these ruins, and Tyrian world governments have agreed to cede ownership of the ruins to successful guilds so long as they maintain a presence in those places and defend them from recapture by the dragons.

So the problem as I see it is defending the guild hall from recapture the question is how aften will these dragons attack and try to take back the hall and if they succeed do we lose everything we built, do we have recap the guild hall and start all over again I hope defending the guild hall doesn’t turn this game into a full time job and take the fun out of it.

Opinions are like ______ everyone has one I could
put the correct term in but not everyone has kittens

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

The way they showed and explained GHs made it sound like only a few guilds could get a GH by taking the area over~ so it made me worried not all guilds can get one.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Serephen.3420

Serephen.3420

My guild and I would be willing to help as well as receive help in return :P

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

This concerns a lot of us. I want Building feature.