Worst Day of My Life

Worst Day of My Life

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: IEatCabbage.1907

IEatCabbage.1907

Got Toxin dye from the gem store but didn’t know it was worth so much.
Used it.
Found out it was close to 500 gold.
Hate my life.
=;(

Worst Day of My Life

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

T_T .

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Worst Day of My Life

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Ow.

Wear it proudly.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Worst Day of My Life

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

You got a free 500g dye and it’s your worst day?

Worst Day of My Life

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

Aw, I hope this makes you feel better: I bought the permanent harvesting tools for 1000 Gems each just THREE DAYS before the sale in March (I did not expect a sale at this time of the year, especially not a harvesting tool sale). I could have saved 600 Gems total! I’m still kicking myself, haha.

(edited by Mea.5491)

Worst Day of My Life

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Missed opportunities are more painful than ones you never get.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Worst Day of My Life

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

[gets 500g dye that most people never get a chance to use]

Attachments:

NSPride <3

Worst Day of My Life

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

Aw, I hope this makes you feel better: I bought the permanent harvesting tools for 1000 Gems each just THREE DAYS before the sale in March (I did not expect a sale at this time of the year, especially not a harvesting tool sale). I could have saved 600 Gems total! I’m still kicking myself, haha.

In your situation, you could have sent in a ticket to Anet. They are pretty good about doing refunds like that if the sale is really close to purchase time.

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

Worst Day of My Life

Mea.5491

In your situation, you could have sent in a ticket to Anet. They are pretty good about doing refunds like that if the sale is really close to purchase time.

Would they really do that? Oh well, it’s too late already, it was 2 months ago. I’m getting over it… :P

Worst Day of My Life

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

Would they really do that? Oh well, it’s too late already, it was 2 months ago. I’m getting over it… :P

They have for others. If you are polite in your request and explained what happen, they are pretty good about it. I think it’s like a 2 week limit they do it. So if any sale item ispurchased within 2 weeks before the sale, they help out.

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

Worst Day of My Life

Mea.5491

They have for others. If you are polite in your request and explained what happen, they are pretty good about it. I think it’s like a 2 week limit they do it. So if any sale item ispurchased within 2 weeks before the sale, they help out.

That’s good to know, thanks for the info.

Worst Day of My Life

Posted by: IEatCabbage.1907

IEatCabbage.1907

I have like 10 different green dyes and Toxin dye is so ugly, like how is it worth 500 gold?

Worst Day of My Life

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

I have like 10 different green dyes and Toxin dye is so ugly, like how is it worth 500 gold?

A few reasons:

1. What’s ugly to you is nice to someone else.
2. The color may work for the theme of their character or fit with the colors they’ve chosen.
3. Rarity.

Worst Day of My Life

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

Wow, wish that could be the worst day of my life. Sounds like you’ve lived a rather charmed life. Anyway, congrats on the dye.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Worst Day of My Life

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

I kinda feel the same way when I got a Kaiser Snake weapon box during SAB. I thought it was account-bound.

Worst Day of My Life

Posted by: Skyworn.5920

Skyworn.5920

So if this makes you feel any better. One of the first few days the “Permanent blank Contracts” came out in the BlackLion chest, i managed to actually get the Perma haircut kit. I had never seen the item, thought “Oh cool, sounds useless as hell but whatever i’ll use it” ONLY to find out, at the time it was selling for 2.3k…..TWO POINT THREE KAY! Now its on up to the 3k mark, and here i have a Perma Haircut kit, that i have only used 3 times. And all three times ive use it was solely to just say “okay, i got my 3k worth..” Still to this day beat myself up over it. Would give it away to someone, honestly, if i could. BECAUSE now, after a few more BL chest have been opened the game has decided to give me 39 Total-makeovers and 33 mother trucking Self-hairstyle kits…/sigh So OP… i know you’re pain, on a very emotional level.

Worst Day of My Life

Posted by: Zet.9130

Zet.9130

The worst day of your life? I suspect you have lead a short and sheltered life. What happened is called a lesson – and it was painless. Here is a sample of worst day – my mother got sick and died (true story).

Worst Day of My Life

Posted by: Pockethole.5031

Pockethole.5031

i boosted my character to level 80 along with HoT and while i was picking dyes i imagined i could sell them in trade. but the same toxin dye you had came out account bound for me. before i was thinking its a nasty puke-coloured dye.
different situation but same feelings with you here
because
i could have gotten glint’s isolation as choice. or shadow abyss dye maybe. it included most dye kits except for mad king dye that had crushed bone. if i had known its account bound…

(edited by Pockethole.5031)

Worst Day of My Life

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Got Toxin dye from the gem store but didn’t know it was worth so much.
Used it.
Found out it was close to 500 gold.
Hate my life.
=;(

Especially for the color, i have toxin its a pretty nasty green.

Worst Day of My Life

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Allways preview the price of unknown things, specially if they seem to be rng dependant. You could have a barefeet skin that’s worth a thousand gold.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Worst Day of My Life

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

So if this makes you feel any better. One of the first few days the “Permanent blank Contracts” came out in the BlackLion chest, i managed to actually get the Perma haircut kit. I had never seen the item, thought “Oh cool, sounds useless as hell but whatever i’ll use it” ONLY to find out, at the time it was selling for 2.3k…..TWO POINT THREE KAY! Now its on up to the 3k mark, and here i have a Perma Haircut kit, that i have only used 3 times. And all three times ive use it was solely to just say “okay, i got my 3k worth..” Still to this day beat myself up over it. Would give it away to someone, honestly, if i could. BECAUSE now, after a few more BL chest have been opened the game has decided to give me 39 Total-makeovers and 33 mother trucking Self-hairstyle kits…/sigh So OP… i know you’re pain, on a very emotional level.

That’s bad. Lol.

I don’t have a story as bad as that but when I was playing Guild Wars 1, I got a black dye from the starting area on my low level char. I knew black dyes were worth a lot of gold, particularly for someone like me that was just starting out, so I carefully picked it up, clicked on my starter 5 slot inventory bag to open it, and accidently dyed the 5 slot bag black.

NOOOOOOOO!!!! /cry

I still have that black dyed 5 slot inventory bag. It’s one of a kind.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Worst Day of My Life

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

My worst story pales in comparison to the hairstyle kit.

I forgot to extract the +11 agony infusion from my Unbound before forging it into Ad Infinitum. The worst part is that during the last few steps I needed to do to complete the final gift, I kept telling myself not to forget to extract that infusion. Also, I dumped thousands of +1 agony infusions after they went up in price a bit when people were gearing up for level 100, and was left with none of them to make a new +11.

Worst Day of My Life

Posted by: wouw.5837

wouw.5837

It’s even more funny because you can get Toxin Dye for free in your third birthday dye pack.

Elona is Love, Elona is life.

Worst Day of My Life

Posted by: Grumpkin.2671

Grumpkin.2671

Well kitten , you just made my day too Cabbage…I got one this past week and used it too. I like the green but I like 500 gold more