Worth Updating Builds Before Future Pack?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Archaeopteryx.7409

Archaeopteryx.7409

I’m in need of changing my current Build, really badly… I want to know whether it’s wise or not to spend gold on the new build I have in mind before the Feature Pack is released?

(edited by Archaeopteryx.7409)

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

You can change for free in about 5-6 hours. I would wait.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

It’s actually a “feature pack”, not a “future pack”. And it won’t be in the future for much longer. It’s coming today.

Archaeopteryx.7409

It’s actually a “feature pack”, not a “future pack”. And it won’t be in the future for much longer. It’s coming today.

Typo. Please don’t comment about my grammar if you’re not willing to help me >:o

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

orthography, not grammar :P And I doubt a typo can bring you from future to feature :P Anyway, hold on for a few hours, not only can you save the cost, you may actually want to rebuild cause who knows what will be in the new traits box.

Posted by: Nage.1520

Nage.1520

It doesn’t cost you gold to make a new build. Go to a trainer and spend a couple of silver, I think it’s 3.5 silver to change your build.

Sure it’s worth it. You can make it back easily.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

If you are talking about spending Gold on Trait Reset, why would you want to do that when it will be free in a few hours?

If you are talking about spending Gold on Runes, Sigils, whatever, they are likely to change very soon, so that might be a waste.

Probably best to wait. =)

Jornophelanthas.1475

Typo. Please don’t comment about my grammar if you’re not willing to help me >:o

Actually, I was helping out. The poster above me already said that the game update will make trait refunds free, and I seconded their suggestion to wait until later today, when the patch goes live.

I just tied it in with a reference to the way you spelled the name of the update, emphasizing that it will be soon, very soon.

I did not intend to insult, degrade or ridicule anyone.

Posted by: Nage.1520

Nage.1520

It seems to me like the OP thinks you have to buy a book to reset your traits, otherwise, why even ask the question.

Jornophelanthas.1475

It doesn’t cost you gold to make a new build. Go to a trainer and spend a couple of silver, I think it’s 3.5 silver to change your build.

Sure it’s worth it. You can make it back easily.

I just want to point out that this is not good advice. The 3.5 silver fee for retraiting will be removed in a few hours.

Archaeopteryx.7409

I was thinking the same, Jorn, and by “Build”, I mean buying new gear stats…. Nvm, I’ve got my answer.