Worth Using Max-Level Boost?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Shane.4023

Shane.4023

I am wondering if it is worth using the Max-Level Character Boost and wanted some opinions on it. I have purchased HoT expansion, but have not done anything in it, my highest character is a level 30 Elementalist. Are there any pros/cons to using the boost? My main concern is not knowing where to go/what to do after using boost. Thoughts and help greatly appreciated on this

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I wouldn’t, if your highest level is level 30. I’d try out different professions in the Silverwastes to see what it’s like but save the actual acceptance of a level 80 till later.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Shane.4023

Shane.4023

I wouldn’t, if your highest level is level 30. I’d try out different professions in the Silverwastes to see what it’s like but save the actual acceptance of a level 80 till later.

Ok, thanks for info
Does the boost item have a time limit?

Posted by: Trinnitty.8256

Trinnitty.8256

Its worth using. You’ll get an instant lvl 80 with exotic gear. Then all extra stuff like 15 slot bags etc. you don’y have to use it on your lvl 30 ele, try another profession. If you don’t like that character you can leave and undo you lvl 80 boost to try it on anoth character.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Ok, thanks for info
Does the boost item have a time limit?

No, no time limit. You can try out different professions as often as you like. However accepting the level 80 is not reversible so either accept when you’re sure you want that level 80 or accept to delete it to get the account wide inventory slot and the extra items you get.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

It’s definitely worth using, especially beause you can actually try every profession with it and choose whatever you like. As a mainoholic, I only used my boost to free up that shared inventory slot, lol. Still worth it… XD

Posted by: cokerms.2503

cokerms.2503

So I recently boosted my character over the weekend and now I’m a tad lost on how to start the Prologue: Rally to Maguuma quest line to unlock the glider and mastery points. I obviously didn’t complete the personal story for my character, so I’m wondering if I need to go back and do that or what? I log into the Silverwastes, but don’t see any indicators.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

So I recently boosted my character over the weekend and now I’m a tad lost on how to start the Prologue: Rally to Maguuma quest line to unlock the glider and mastery points. I obviously didn’t complete the personal story for my character, so I’m wondering if I need to go back and do that or what? I log into the Silverwastes, but don’t see any indicators.

Go to your story log in the hero panel and select the first HoT story and it will direct you where to go and how to get started. You don’t have to finish the core personal story to do so.

The Burninator

Posted by: cokerms.2503

cokerms.2503

Go to your story log in the hero panel and select the first HoT story and it will direct you where to go and how to get started. You don’t have to finish the core personal story to do so.

OMG, I feel like an idiot. Thanks!

Posted by: Redfeather.6401

Redfeather.6401

Use your boost to see what other class you like. Once you sure of that class use the boost to make it permanent and then do the very beginning of HoT to unlock the gliding!
Then go back and play your lvl30 elementalist, but now with gliding!

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

If you’re unsure what the level boost does, exactly, I highly recommend this video Anet made explaining it.. It answered all of my questions.

If you’re having fun leveling up normally, just keep on doing what you’re doing. You can save the boost for your next character, or if you ever get bored of the road to 80 and just want to skip to the end. If you’re having a good time, though, don’t mess with that—Exploring the world normally will let you discover new skills and challenges on a curve, instead of skipping straight to the end, where you might find it a little overwhelming.

The boost is great for alts, and it’s great if you have friends playing Heart of Thorns and you want to join them directly, but don’t feel like you have to use it right away. The core world is still tons of fun to explore, and you won’t do yourself any favors by skipping ahead just because you can. You only get to experience that learning curve once, so enjoy it!

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~