Would A Weekly Be More Casual?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Beorn Saxon.4762

Beorn Saxon.4762

What I love about GW2

• No trinity. Being able to play any profession/play style that I feel like playing that day without hindering my party.
  • 3 games in 1. The fact that I can hop into PvE, PvP or WvW really opens up the longevity of the game for me. As I get bored with one I can hop into another format and cycle around.
  • Player progression. Almost anything I feel like doing that day tracks who I am as a player. Rewards, achievement points, vanity items, titles. I love them!
  • Social gaming. I can easily tag along with what friends are doing, or seamlessly fight along side people in the open world, changing skills and and adjusting play style depending on what’s needed.

As A Player

All of these things make the game very fun to play. But let’s face it, we all have long term goals. Mine have been to get all 8 professions to lvl 80 and geared, get a few legendarys, hunt achievement points/titles, be proficient in most areas of the game, keep up with current trends in gear/vanity items. I know this is a lot, but when I bought GW2 I was planning on playing it for several years, as I did GW1.

Despite my hardcore goals, I’m a casual player. As in, my schedule is up in the air and I never know when I’ll be able to log in, and when I log in, I always feel like doing something different. But everything that I do, typically rewards and helps me get closer to my long term goals (ei. leveling an alt, getting tokens for armor, mats for legendary etc).

The Issue

The current reward system feels like I’m being punished as a casual player. On a heavy work week, I might not be able to log in all week. So on Saturday I just feel like vegging out all day and think to myself “I’d love to go bust out 10-20 dungeon runs and get that armor” or “I’ve been wanting ascened items for a while, I’d like to go farm a stack of fractal relics”. But with the current system we get max rewards for doing everything, once per day, no more, no less. If you miss a day, you can never get that reward, if you do it more than once, and you hit DR, getting less and less.

This stinks.

Suggested Solution

Instead of rewarding hardcore players for logging in every day and doing all of the daily’s and dungeon runs and meta events, why not make these things weekly based?

Example: Your account could run CoF 25ish times on your account per week before hitting DR. This way, you can use any profession, and run them any time. A few a day, or all at once. Dailys would be Weeklies and reward 10 laurels instead of 1. This way I don’t have to log in every day, but I can still earn the same amount as everyone else once I do log in.

TL;DR. The current system rewards you for logging in everyday and in order to maximize your efficiency you must do what anet tells you to. Your Daily, one dungeon run, one FotM etc. Why not make them all weekly based, so you can play what you want to that day, without being afraid of missing out on potential max rewards.

What do you guys think?

Tarnished Coast
Critical Impact [Crit]

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

I would like a weekly in addition to the daily and monthly.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

Posted by: Jrunyon.3012

Jrunyon.3012

So an extra 28 laurels (7 per week), in addition to the 10 for monthly, plus the 30ish dailys?

You crazy.

Nesmee – Thief
[OHai] – Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

First post kinda misses the point, lol.

A weekly instead of daily may actually be a good idea, as long as it still loads tons of xp onto my alts as it does currently. It would be better if it stacked too~ Like if you miss 1 day, you can do 2 dailys next day~ not all 7 at once (unless it’s sunday). Same thing could be done for Dungeons I guess.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

CreativeAnarchy.6324

So an extra 28 laurels (7 per week), in addition to the 10 for monthly, plus the 30ish dailys?

You crazy.

Help out those with multiple characters.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

Posted by: Jrunyon.3012

Jrunyon.3012

Help out those with multiple characters.

And trivialize laurel rewards for people with one character. I enjoyed my months working towards the endless cat tonic. I didn’t see it as a chore at all.

Nesmee – Thief
[OHai] – Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

I think casualplayers should learn how to post in the right subforum.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Beorn Saxon.4762

The goal is to get rid of dailies completely. Dailies and daily DR need to go bc they inadvertently turn the game into a chore and greatly penalize ppl that can’t log in everyday. If you miss a day, you can’t catch up bc you hit DR for doing something more than once on the days that you can play.

Tarnished Coast
Critical Impact [Crit]

Posted by: nesh.7234

nesh.7234

Nice idea, few comments below.

Weekly should be awarding same amount as 7 dailies (7) and require to do 7x of the daily tasks — simply put it, they should be daily x 7 packed so they can be done in one go. Not as addition to existing daily rewards, they should be just alternative way of finishing them. Monthly is fine IMHO.

Dungeon DR sounds OK — take DR “timeout” and then put weekly cap instead per day.

Open world DR should not be changed at all.

EU / Aurora Glade

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

I like this idea.

Posted by: Leablo.2651

Leablo.2651

I do find the expectation to play on a daily basis a little demanding, and would prefer that they extend the rotation and scale the requirement/reward so that people can do it on their own schedule.

Dailies are ostensibly supposed to be small rewards for small, frequent play, but that’s not the case on most days. Getting a daily done usually takes at least an hour and that’s if you’re actually focusing (on most days you have to focus at least a little). Anet should rethink their daily approach: it should either be much faster so it can be obtained casually, or the rewards should be better so that it’s actually worth investing the time. They need to decide whether dailies are for casuals or core players. As it stands right now, I find the requirement to be more hardcore but the reward to be casual, and that is the worst possible outcome. The fact is that you get a better reward from browsing dragon timer and dropping in on a boss for 10 minutes than you do from completing the daily. There’s clearly an imbalance of risk/reward.

Converting to or adding a weekly might help balance what they want players to do for and get from these achievements.

Beorn Saxon.4762

I will add that the daily never felt like a requirement or chore until laurels were added with ascended items via laurels. Since dailies are account based instead of character, I feel like I have to log in every day if I want to gear my alts in a reasonable amount of time. So if Anet wants to keep some sort of daily reward, make them easier with less reward and put laurels some where else (like a weekly).

DR has always made dungeons and FotM feel like a daily chore.

Tarnished Coast
Critical Impact [Crit]

(edited by Beorn Saxon.4762)

Posted by: Meluna.1764

Meluna.1764

I understand completely that you can’t login each day. Same here. But wouldn’t a weekly hurt people like us even more? The achievements would have to be balanced that they take more time. Weekend players would then only have two days to finish while others have seven. If they do get that balanced somehow, I would appreciate an additional tier of laurel income. Could backfire on us casuals though ^_~

Beorn Saxon.4762

I understand completely that you can’t login each day. Same here. But wouldn’t a weekly hurt people like us even more? The achievements would have to be balanced that they take more time. Weekend players would then only have two days to finish while others have seven. If they do get that balanced somehow, I would appreciate an additional tier of laurel income. Could backfire on us casuals though ^_~

Right now we have 8ish achievements everyday. We pick 5 to complete and get a laurel. What if every week we had 10 possible achievements tiers. We would pick our 7 favotite and get a laurel for each one we complete (up to 7 max) as you conplete each achievement. This way you are still rewarded one laurel at a time, up to 7 per week, but didn’t have the daily time restraint. Either do a little everyday, or all at once.

I’d even suggest scrapping the monthly and instead, if players complete 7 weekly tiers, they get a bonus 3 laurels, giving 10 for the week. You could still get 40 per month (10 per week x 4 weeks) as the current system (30 dailies + 10 for the monthly.)

Tarnished Coast
Critical Impact [Crit]

(edited by Beorn Saxon.4762)

Posted by: Meluna.1764

Meluna.1764

Right now we have 8ish achievements everyday. We pick 5 to complete and get a laurel. What if every week we had 10 possible achievements tiers. We would pick our 7 favotite and get a laurel for each one we complete (up to 7 max) as you conplete each achievement. This way you are still rewarded one laurel at a time, up to 7 per week, but didn’t have the daily time restraint. Either do a little everyday, or all at once.

I’d even suggest scrapping the monthly and instead, if players complete 7 weekly tiers, they get a bonus 3 laurels, giving 10 for the week. You could still get 40 per month (10 per week x 4 weeks) as the current system (30 dailies + 10 for the monthly.)

Wow, that’s… a really good concept. I could totally see that working. That would be a great improvement over the daylies since you can decide better what to do when.
It would however make monthlies even more easy, but dragged out, timewise. Some people would probably complain that atm finish their monthly in the first or second day.

CreativeAnarchy.6324

The goal is to get rid of dailies completely. Dailies and daily DR need to go bc they inadvertently turn the game into a chore and greatly penalize ppl that can’t log in everyday. If you miss a day, you can’t catch up bc you hit DR for doing something more than once on the days that you can play.

You don’t have to do dailies.

I don’t care to get rid of them.

If you think it is necessary to do dailies, you are looking at it the wrong way. They are not required for anything, only satisify what you want, not need.

I’ve missed plenty of dailies and I really want some of the ascended stuff obtained but I’m not going to sweat it or ask for a game change to suit my life schedule.

They don’t take long, maybe about 30 minutes typically, and I like little objectives like that to accomplish. Taking that away from me is not something I care for as I like having those mini objectives on a daily basis for me to complete and see how fast I can get them done.

Changing it to a weekly would take that away from me so no thanks.

Add in a weekly. You get what you want, a weekly, and I get to keep my daily and get somethign else to set personal goals for. Weekly would also help those with alts, I’ve seen them upset that it takes too long to get laurels for all their characters.

(edited by CreativeAnarchy.6324)

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Yes I would vastly prefer weeklies instead of dailies.

Edit: if not, then at least give us the option to hide all achievement trackers on the screen to remove hud clutter.

(edited by Curunen.8729)

Beorn Saxon.4762

You don’t have to do dailies.

I don’t care to get rid of them. I like my karma jugs since I can turn it into gold eventually.

If you think it is necessary to do dailies, you are looking at it the wrong way. They are not required for anything, only satisify what you want, not need.

I’ve missed plenty of dailies and I really want some of the ascended stuff obtained but I’m not going to sweat it or ask for a game change to suit my life schedule.

I like them anyway. They don’t take long, maybe about 30 minutes typically, and I like little objectives like that to accomplish. Taking that away from me is not something I care for as I like having those mini objectives on a daily basis for me to complete and see how fast I can get them done.

Changing it to a weekly would take that away from me so no thanks.

Add in a weekly. You get what you want, a weekly, and I get to keep my daily and get somethign else to set personal goals for. Weekly would also help those with alts, I’ve seen them upset that it takes too long to get laurels for all their characters.

I understand some people don’t have beef with it as it is. But Anet pitched gw2 for casuals and the current system is not casual and very restrictive. I’ve already addressed your concerns in comments but ill quickly recap: either take laurels out of the daily and put them somewhere else or thread the dailies together so you can still complete 7 per week, but at any time during the week. I don’t see it as an either/or, but a both/and. Daily goals plus flexibility.

Tarnished Coast
Critical Impact [Crit]

Posted by: Torpian.9142

Torpian.9142

I’m against it as I think it would hurt the game in the long term.

There’s a reason they want you to log in every day, it makes you join the rest of the community and keeps the game populated. There are a lot of players who would complete the achievements in a day, then not log in for the rest of the week. They’d go to another game to get their ‘sense of accomplishment’. For a few weeks they might log in and keep doing their ‘required’ content to keep up with everyone else. Then the other game they’re playing to feel satisfied will be more appealing to them and they’ll stop logging in altogether.

If you log in once a day and you complete a handful of quests you’re likely meeting other players along the way, selling things or buying things on the broker and you’re exposed to whatever it is they’re selling in the gem store. They shouldn’t be encouraging players to log in less often.

At the end of the day, the rewards are not required by players to achieve anything in the game. They’re purely cosmetic – designed to reward players that contribute to the community. Logging in once a week shouldn’t be rewarded in the same way logging in once a day is – you’re not contributing as much to the community. That’s just my opinion.

Wardens of Myth, Tarnished Coast

Posted by: killcannon.2576

killcannon.2576

There’s a reason they want you to log in every day, it makes you join the rest of the community and keeps the game populated. There are a lot of players who would complete the achievements in a day, then not log in for the rest of the week. They’d go to another game to get their ‘sense of accomplishment’. For a few weeks they might log in and keep doing their ‘required’ content to keep up with everyone else. Then the other game they’re playing to feel satisfied will be more appealing to them and they’ll stop logging in altogether.

If you log in once a day and you complete a handful of quests you’re likely meeting other players along the way, selling things or buying things on the broker and you’re exposed to whatever it is they’re selling in the gem store. They shouldn’t be encouraging players to log in less often.

At the end of the day, the rewards are not required by players to achieve anything in the game. They’re purely cosmetic – designed to reward players that contribute to the community. Logging in once a week shouldn’t be rewarded in the same way logging in once a day is – you’re not contributing as much to the community. That’s just my opinion.

Refreshing to see that someone understands the concept behind dailies.

Beorn Saxon.4762

Sure, and I’d agree with that to a degree. And for those reason I doubt Anet would ever get rid of dailies. Dailies were originally designed to give players a daily perk for logging in and doing whatever they do. But more and more emphasis has been put on dailies (and daily meta events, daily dungeon DR, daily FotM chest etc) and I think the emphasis either needs to be scaled back, or more flexability added to attaining the rewards.

And for the record, pre launch devs said in a video that they were designing gw2 as a casual game so ppl could put it down, go play other games and come back. And that they themselves enjoyed doing this and playing other games. But IMO the strong emphasis on dailies can really screw you if you don’t log in daily.

Tarnished Coast
Critical Impact [Crit]

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

Remember that it’s a small minority of players (game-wide, not just forum posters) who feel compelled to complete the daily every day. This is not a casual player attitude, not doing the daily does not put you behind everyone else, it just means you don’t get a small bonus. Most players don’t care, such as me – I can usually complete the daily but I don’t worry about it if I don’t. I don’t have Ascended gear, I use the laurels to buy unidentified dyes that I sell for a little bonus gold.

If you need the BIS gear, or feel you are falling behind if you don’t get all those achievement points then you are not a casual player.

Now, the effect of combining all the dailies into one weekly makes it easier on the non-casual compulsive player – he gets everything for the week done in one day and doesn’t feel the pressure to log in every day. But it makes it HARDER for the casual player, because if he wants to complete the weekly he may only have a single day to do it. So instead of 50 kills, 5 events, 20 harvests, etc. to get a bonus laurel and some coin, he has to do 350 kills, 35 events, 140 harvests, etc. or get nothing.

The sheer numbers involved would turn off casual players. They made the system multiple choice in the first place because people complained they had to do things they wouldn’t normally do, like seek out downed players to revive or attack veteran mobs. So now that you have a choice, and different options every day, you want the choice taken away!

The devs don’t have the luxury of looking at this from Beorn Saxon’s point of view. What is good for you is not necessarily what is good for hundreds of thousands, even millions of other players who log in every week. They have to think of the guy who works all week and logs in on Saturday to relax for a few hours, and what it means to tell him “go do a week’s worth of dailies in three hours or no loot for you!”

Maybe someone who logs in a few times a week doesn’t care about the laurels but likes having some direction to where he goes, there’s a daily in Ascalon today so he’ll play there for a while… many people complete three or four daily choices without even knowing it, like kill variety, # of kills, # of veteran kills, gathering… and then decide what to do to finish the daily. This is a casual approach to the game, and there’s nothing wrong with it.

What you want is not a casual approach to the game, you are putting more emphasis on the reward than the activity. Concentrating the reward into a single activity gives you the rush without the pressure to do it every day. But that’s not good for the game, even if it’s good for a small subset of players.

The only thing they could do to solve this dilemma is remove the laurels and acheivement points from the reward, and/or remove the Ascended gear from the laurel vendor. Without these carrots to lure the obsessive compulsive players into doing every daily choice every day, there is less compulsion to do them every day.

Then you can complain there’s no reason to do the dailies any more.

Posted by: killcannon.2576

killcannon.2576

Sure, and I’d agree with that to a degree. And for those reason I doubt Anet would ever get rid of dailies. Dailies were originally designed to give players a daily perk for logging in and doing whatever they do. But more and more emphasis has been put on dailies (and daily meta events, daily dungeon DR, daily FotM chest etc) and I think the emphasis either needs to be scaled back, or more flexability added to attaining the rewards.

And for the record, pre launch devs said in a video that they were designing gw2 as a casual game so ppl could put it down, go play other games and come back. And that they themselves enjoyed doing this and playing other games. But IMO the strong emphasis on dailies can really screw you if you don’t log in daily.

Dailies were designed to make people login and play. The rewards for it are used to accomplish this. If people are allowed to only login once a week and complete these tasks it fails it’s intended purpose. The gameplay for GW2 is casual, but regardless of how many casual gameplay mechanics there are you still need people in the game, everyday, so the world is populated. If the game is populated only for four to five hours on weekends it fails at providing an mmo experience.

It’s part of the mmo schlock, they want people here everyday, they introduce mechanics to help with it.

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

The dailies also make sense from a population point of view.

Think about it: If you could choose to farm a bit every day or a lot over the weekend, most people would go for the latter. The result would be much less players on during the weekdays coupled with population spikes on the weekends.

If you think the world is empty now, imagine that it had a fraction of the population 4 days every week. That would be truly empty.

And naturally, what happens to the people who really only can play on the weekends? They end up with having to do 7 days’ worth of stuff in 2-3 days. And that’s insane. If it takes 45 minutes to do the daily now, you’d be asking those people to play 1.5-2.5 hours a day on their weekend.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I think the OP has missed the point of dailies. Dailies serve a purpose that has nothing to do with the ability to do them or not do them. Dailies get people into the game daily. It’s their purpose.

Every MMO has the same problem. It needs to keep people in the world. If it doesn’t keep people in the world, it ceases to be an MMO, at least a successful one.

Sure it would be more casual to have a weekly instead of a daily. But that doesn’t benefit the game, only certain percentage of the player base.

The reason why every MMO has dailies and even why they were instituted in Guild Wars 1 was to increase the number of people playing daily. And since a weekly wouldn’t do that, it will never happen.

That said, it would be nice if Anet could do what they did with the Z-quests in Guild Wars 1 and give you three days to finish them…but I don’t see it happening. Unless you have to start it on the day, which would get people to log in which is the point of them being there in the first place.

Posted by: JarofFlies.9012

JarofFlies.9012

As for the comment about make the dailies worth less, they were at one point and people didn’t really care to do them. Take away the reward, you take away the population. Lose the mentality that you have to “keep up” and you’ll have a much happier playing experience. It only took me 500 hours to figure that out. I never use to miss dailies, I probably missed half of April and only got 5 for May so far. It’s not the end of the world and why should I be rewarded for it.

While you actually came up with a decent idea to change things up, another reason to have the dailies the way they are is to push people to other parts of the world. It’s harder to do that when the same objectives are up there for a week.

tolunart.2095

As for the comment about make the dailies worth less, they were at one point and people didn’t really care to do them. Take away the reward, you take away the population. Lose the mentality that you have to “keep up” and you’ll have a much happier playing experience. It only took me 500 hours to figure that out. I never use to miss dailies, I probably missed half of April and only got 5 for May so far. It’s not the end of the world and why should I be rewarded for it.

That’s why I consider it a player problem, not a game problem. You can choose to view it as a nice bonus that happens once in a while, and be happy when you get it, or you can view it as other players getting something you lose out on unless you complete all the choices, and be upset when you don’t.

The game isn’t forcing anyone to do the dailies, the player’s mind is.

Beorn Saxon.4762

Wow. A lot of great comments and feedback. At first I was kind of offended you all didn’t agree with me, but there is in fact a lot of truth in what y’all are saying.

Here is how this thought is evolving for me:

As previously stated, I’m a casual player with hardcore goals. And the only reason I feel compelled to keep up with dailies is because anet has tied hardcore rewards to them.

You guys are saying that dailies give casuals something to focus on, and help spread out the population more evenly through out the week, and in certain areas. BUT anet has tied hardcore rewards to them (ascended items, minis, EL tonics etc), causing folks in my position to feel required to get on every day.

Typically when I do log on, I just feel like doing one thing or another. Like a day of farming CoF, or a day of doing FotM, or whatever. But the current DR system penalizes me for doing this. So it’s not just dailies, its the fact that everything in the game rewards you for doing it only once per day, no more and no less.

So it’s like I have to log on every day, and do a little of everything, instead of just a lot of one thing.

And I think this mindset, in the long hall, will hurt the player base (or at least me). Because it will either wear you ragged from logging in every day for tedious game play, or you will log in occasionally, doing what you want, but receive far fewer rewards for it.

Here is an example of just this past week: Never before had I wanted the shiny FotM back capacitor piece. But then it hit me, I had to have it. I was so giddy about earning one. So excited. I felt like running a FotM marathon. But I soon realized there was little point to running more than one fractal a day, because you get less rewards. So my marathon joy was crushed, and now I have the chore of doing one fractal per day for a month.

So I get the need for an MMO to have dailies and such, but do they really need to penalize players for doing what they love more than once a day on the days they can log in?

Tarnished Coast
Critical Impact [Crit]

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Except for amulets, the laurel items are very unreasonably priced. Weekly serves as a decent goal for players beyond the day. Besides, anyone that’s “hardcore” will finish the monthly within a week, so they need more stuff to do anyways.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Wow. A lot of great comments and feedback. At first I was kind of offended you all didn’t agree with me, but there is in fact a lot of truth in what y’all are saying.

Here is how this thought is evolving for me:

As previously stated, I’m a casual player with hardcore goals. And the only reason I feel compelled to keep up with dailies is because anet has tied hardcore rewards to them.

You guys are saying that dailies give casuals something to focus on, and help spread out the population more evenly through out the week, and in certain areas. BUT anet has tied hardcore rewards to them (ascended items, minis, EL tonics etc), causing folks in my position to feel required to get on every day.

Typically when I do log on, I just feel like doing one thing or another. Like a day of farming CoF, or a day of doing FotM, or whatever. But the current DR system penalizes me for doing this. So it’s not just dailies, its the fact that everything in the game rewards you for doing it only once per day, no more and no less.

So it’s like I have to log on every day, and do a little of everything, instead of just a lot of one thing.

And I think this mindset, in the long hall, will hurt the player base (or at least me). Because it will either wear you ragged from logging in every day for tedious game play, or you will log in occasionally, doing what you want, but receive far fewer rewards for it.

Here is an example of just this past week: Never before had I wanted the shiny FotM back capacitor piece. But then it hit me, I had to have it. I was so giddy about earning one. So excited. I felt like running a FotM marathon. But I soon realized there was little point to running more than one fractal a day, because you get less rewards. So my marathon joy was crushed, and now I have the chore of doing one fractal per day for a month.

So I get the need for an MMO to have dailies and such, but do they really need to penalize players for doing what they love more than once a day on the days they can log in?

See but that’s the whole point. Anet doesn’t want people with megatime to be so far ahead of casual players that they can never catch up. You want to bang out your gear and that’s fine…but what do you do after that.

I have friends that bang out their gear as fast as possible, they get it and leave the game because there’s nothing left to do. Is that really better than chancing you leave the game because you can’t get it fast enough.

I’d wager more people by percentage will leave the game because they have nothing to do, than it takes to long to get something to get.

Indeed, you may get bored and leave. That’s a possibility. But the question is, which way does Anet lose more players.

Previous experience suggests to me that people who have nothing to work towards leave games sooner than people who are bored working on stuff. Again, not everyone, but by percentage, I think Anet has gotten it right.

CreativeAnarchy.6324

Except for amulets, the laurel items are very unreasonably priced. Weekly serves as a decent goal for players beyond the day. Besides, anyone that’s “hardcore” will finish the monthly within a week, so they need more stuff to do anyways.

A monthly can be done in a day as long as you do not have to do dailies to complete a requirement or a daily kind of thing to complete the requirement.

This months I completed in 3 days and I had to work one of those days and I wasn’t even trying to focus on it.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

actually it would, slightly larger versions of the dailies would be in order especially for us filthy casuals.

I’d like to see them do this and we actually suggested it to them when they started making the change from fixed to randomized to chosen dailies but it fell on deaf ears again.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I didn’t even know about the daily until about 9-10 days after I started playing. All of a sudden this chest popped. I must have done them all by accident

I like the daily because I often don’t play for a few days at a time. A weekly would make me feel obligated to play more to achieve it.

The Burninator

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

We could use a WvWvW Weekly,end of matchup..Winner gets decided.The winner gets the best chance on a better reward, 2nd place , 3th place.Should work like a daily,chest pops up when the matchup is over,and reward is given based on how your server did thiis week vs the other servers and wich place you ended up.Currently,there is no real reward for wvwvw,wich i don’t really understand tbh.We got Pve daily,Pve monthly,PVP daily,pvp monthly…and a Wvwvw achievement section that will take you 4 years to complete the entire list…Give us a Weekly allready.

tolunart.2095

It’s a choice, made by the Devs, to focus on the game as a whole instead of the typical MMO strategy of “ignore the old stuff, here’s a new raid to keep you busy for a few months, oh and thanx for renewing your sub.”

People who are used to the hamster wheel may take a while to realize that in this game, you can get off and on whenever you like.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

A monthly can be done in a day as long as you do not have to do dailies to complete a requirement or a daily kind of thing to complete the requirement.

This months I completed in 3 days and I had to work one of those days and I wasn’t even trying to focus on it.

Yes, I know, but it also depends on what you’re playing.

If you run fractals or do wvw, it can go really fast.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.