Would this work as a CoF compromise?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

Okay, first of all, I like CoF P1. I’ve farmed it quite a bit, and I don’t think it should be nerfed completely. But I think most people agree that it does seem to be a bit too generous, and it does seem to be the default option for farming now, as well as causing some divides in the community with the whole 4 warr/mes thing.

So, given it seems possible to limit chests as the original world events showed, how about this. Every chest inside every path, of every dungeon, including the bonus chest, can only be farmed once per day per account.

This would mean that people could do CoF P1, once a day, so the builds and teams wouldn’t be rendered useless. They could still do P2 and P3 (by this, probably just P2), and they could then move on to the next best dungeon path to farm.

This would avoid the issue of farmers just moving to the next best path and farming that. It would also make dungeon farming actually interesting, because you would need to learn several paths and, unless you optimise several builds, varied tactics for each farm. Moreover, this is a way for people who like CoF P1 not to lose it completely if and when something gets done to nerf it.

This may be a terrible idea (which is why I’m putting it up for community discussion and not putting it in the suggestions forum), but I hadn’t seen it suggested and I thought it was a neat way to keep everyone as happy as possible, if we assume that something has to be changed about that path. So… thoughts?

Posted by: PearlGore.7419

PearlGore.7419

Realy do not like to idea of limiting what I can do like that, other MMOs do that and it sucks hard. And punish alt players even further? No!

Posted by: Tuck.4095

Tuck.4095

I am fine with once a day chests. As long as it is once per day per character

Posted by: Poplolita.2638

Poplolita.2638

Realy do not like to idea of limiting what I can do like that, other MMOs do that and it sucks hard. And punish alt players even further? No!

You’d rather see everyone and their grandma farm it all day, every day, forever?

Posted by: Anjhouli.7049

Anjhouli.7049

Well, the thing is, why do people farm cof p1 like crazy? It’s got a decent reward for the time it takes. Several other dungeons I really enjoy don’t make as much “sense” to do – you can’t salvage the bought yellow pieces for ecto, they take much longer etc etc. So to just nerf something (especially in this manner – I hate stuff per day, really.)
All those “daily things” are a bad idea in my opinion, because some players don’t have time each day to do their “let’s do x dungeon paths once” – but they have time to farm for some hours on the weekend.
A better option would be to make all the buyable yellows from dungeons lvl 80, and put some interesting skins in each dungeon via chest drop.

Posted by: PearlGore.7419

PearlGore.7419

You’d rather see everyone and their grandma farm it all day, every day, forever?

Yes, I do not care. Just make other dungeons with at least 1 equaly viable path for farming.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Too much reward for too little time, compared to anything else in the game. That’s precisely why it needs to be nerfed. The idea of a get rich quick scheme shouldn’t exist so obviously in an MMO. It causes inflation. It causes divides in the community.

Just kill it and let the farmers find something else to do. They’ll just pick the next easiest farming route, but that’s okay. As long as it’s harder/takes longer than CoF path 1.

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

All those “daily things” are a bad idea in my opinion, because some players don’t have time each day to do their “let’s do x dungeon paths once” – but they have time to farm for some hours on the weekend.
A better option would be to make all the buyable yellows from dungeons lvl 80, and put some interesting skins in each dungeon via chest drop.

I’d thought about that, and I reasoned that people who can’t play during the week either:

1) Would benefit more from having the farmers slowed down seven days a week than being able to farm two days a week.
2) Would actually want to spend their two days playing the rest of the game.
3) Would farm intensely, but be a small minority.

I realise this is harsh on the (3) group, but this seemed acceptable and, as I said in the OP, would actually lead to varied farming for them even if it is a bit less profitable.

I agree on the rares though, that hadn’t occurred to me. I’d be in favour of adding those regardless, as I can’t see many people having dungeon tokens to spare at low levels, though that’s another issue.

Posted by: autoduck.2837

autoduck.2837

COF1 needs a buff so that these zerk warriors will finally need to use some skill rather than face tanking everything in the dungeon. This solves everything, it encourages class diversity and reduces the over-generous rewards of COF1. Two birds in one stone. So simple.

Kaineng 11/2012-04/2013
Sanctum of Rall 04/2013-