Would you like a time jump storyline?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Would you all like a time jump storyline like WoW did with some kind of time portal to the past that was added in a major patch, in which GW2 players jump 200 Years into the past to have some kind of dual gameplay with GW1 players. That would be the story to explain it of course. GW2 can patch it in into some random location to explain this.

In other words, GW2 and GW1 players would have a game mode that is shared between games.

Maybe it can be Co-op PvE, or some kind of Co-op PvP.

it can even be the lore to explain a way to bring in the instanced PvP from GW1 into GW2 game like old AB for example. Much better than SPvP. But thats for another discussion.

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

“In other words, GW2 and GW1 players would have a game mode that is shared between games.”
Having in mind that GW1 and GW2 is hosted in different servers and EU can’t play with NA I’m going to say that that is impossible.

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

“In other words, GW2 and GW1 players would have a game mode that is shared between games.”
Having in mind that GW1 and GW2 is hosted in different servers and EU can’t play with NA I’m going to say that that is impossible.

Oh so GW1 has no NA Server? I didnt know that.

Posted by: Anthony.7219

Anthony.7219

I would love a time jump story but I don’t see why it has to physically tie into the original GW game in order for this to be interesting.

A few pre-searing Ascalon missions perhaps?

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

Oh so GW1 has no NA Server? I didnt know that.

GW 1 is on different servers
GW 2 EU is on different servers
GW 2 NA is on different servers
People can’t play with people that are stored on a different server. What’s so hard to understand?
Plus
The only fair way to optimize the now different engines (due to heavy modifications) would be to strip GW2 of its combat and give it GW1 combat back to be able to sync with GW1.
In short – technically impossible.

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

Completely unworkable. 2 completely different games running on completely different servers using different engines and game mechanics.

Posted by: Have No Faith In Me.1840

Have No Faith In Me.1840

The less sci fi elements the better…

And if your idea is to allow people in both games to play together it is impossible in more than 5 ways.

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

Fractals of the mist do this already, some of the fractals reflects stories from the past like the Charr assault to Ascalon where the humans used to live.

And yes, I’d love to see more of this! (becoming the chosen one in Elona again would be nice )

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

(edited by Mesket.5728)

Posted by: Serelisk.6573

Serelisk.6573

Anet can’t even get the TP to filter armor types or back items. There’s no way they can bridge the game between games working on different servers, and also on different engines.

Kegmaster