Wow!!! This is AMAZING!

Wow!!! This is AMAZING!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Rem.9627

Rem.9627

So now that this is here, along with the Elonan Hype Train….

I cant help but wonder….IS DERVISH COMING!?!?!?!

If so OMG OMG OMG OMG (nerdgasm)

If not …and its just an outfit I HAVE ONE REQUEST!!! Make Halbreds or Scythes or Staffs…a physical weapon option for melee classes!!!!!! PLUH EEEEEZ!!!

I have never been this excited for content as I am now..

Also PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make the male one similar to the female one… and not just some different skin!

Attachments:

Wow!!! This is AMAZING!

Posted by: Tuomir.1830

Tuomir.1830

Because Assassin outfit meant Cantha confirmed, am I right?

Only fools and heroes charge in without a plan.

Wow!!! This is AMAZING!

Posted by: Furesy.6935

Furesy.6935

Amazing skin. If not an outfit, would be medium I suppose?

Wow!!! This is AMAZING!

Posted by: Mental Paradox.3845

Mental Paradox.3845

I see no reason for that. Dervish would likely be a medium armor class, meaning they don’t need class-specific armors. They would look exactly like rangers, thieves and engineers.

Wow!!! This is AMAZING!

Rem.9627

If Dervish was the 3rd heavy class…this would make a lot of sense!

And its not just the Outfit/armor its the whole fact that the next patch is most likely elonan themed… Abbadon…AND IF YOU LOOK CLOSELY AT THE ARMOR ITS WHITE MANTLE! O_O

(edited by Rem.9627)

Wow!!! This is AMAZING!

Tuomir.1830

As a side not, I’m pretty sure that will be an outfit – if you look at the waist, there really is no point where you can cut it into chest and leg pieces. It would also fit the unfortunate current trend…

Wow!!! This is AMAZING!

Posted by: Galphar.3901

Galphar.3901

Dervish are a light armor class in GW, Paragon were Heavy. Ritualist were also Light. IF A-net were ever to add another profession it would probably be Paragon because it would give us 3 professions of each armor weight and they could introduce Javelins as a new weapon.

Wow!!! This is AMAZING!

Posted by: Aguri.2896

Aguri.2896

I can’t believe I am saying this, but that better be an outfit because I really want that for my guard. Looks like an armor set though… really hope it’s not legendary armor or something.

I’m only here because sometimes I just like to watch things burn.

Wow!!! This is AMAZING!

Tuomir.1830

Dervish are a light armor class in GW, Paragon were Heavy. Ritualist were also Light. IF A-net were ever to add another profession it would probably be Paragon because it would give us 3 professions of each armor weight and they could introduce Javelins as a new weapon.

Wrong. Dervish was medium.

Wow!!! This is AMAZING!

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

Pretty sure Dervish are a medium armor profession. I could be wrong, haven’t played my Dervish in years.

Tuomir beat me to it.

Wow!!! This is AMAZING!

Rem.9627

Yes dervish was a medium…but with the loss of their Gods they could have changed…to heavy for gw2 purposes…

I am totally nerding over this…ITS A DEFINITE want

Wow!!! This is AMAZING!

Tuomir.1830

Conceptually dervish don’t fit into the GW2 profession template, though. They’d have to get a new name and a new concept for it – so essentially, it wouldn’t be dervish, at the best it would resemble a dervish in playstyle.

Wow!!! This is AMAZING!

Rem.9627

Conceptually dervish don’t fit into the GW2 profession template, though. They’d have to get a new name and a new concept for it – so essentially, it wouldn’t be dervish, at the best it would resemble a dervish in playstyle.

I would so accept this…I just want the playstyle tbh….I want it so bad.

Wow!!! This is AMAZING!

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

this one is nice, i like the snowy outfit though

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

Wow!!! This is AMAZING!

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

The only class that I could see making it into GW2 at some point is Monk. Doesn’t need to be a pure healer either, can be a weaponized warrior monk.

Dervish is just junk, like a Scythe weapon, or dragon mount, or any other kid candy “stuff”.

Honestly I don’t want to see ANY of the remaining GW1 classes in GW2. Dervish, Assassin (which the Thief really is, poorly renamed), Ritualist, etc. No thanks…

Moving along.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Wow!!! This is AMAZING!

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Scarf shoulder armor skin also.
The way That Shaman phrases it, I think OP’s picture is an outfit and the scarf is an armor piece.

Attachments:

Wow!!! This is AMAZING!

Posted by: Alga.6498

Alga.6498

Still hoping to see GW1 classes to return to GW2!! [ Ritualist, Paragon, Dervish mostly! ]
But the picture might be an upcoming outfit, indeed..

|GW1 2008~|GW2 BETA player|Separatist|Nightmare Court|Ebonhawke|Ascalon|White Mantle|71 characters|

Wow!!! This is AMAZING!

Posted by: Dehuang.2053

Dehuang.2053

oooohhh scarf for wintersday update?? thats awesome!!!
hopefully they wont be a RNG drop from wintersday gifts

Wow!!! This is AMAZING!

Posted by: Vexander.9850

Vexander.9850

Sadly a lot of the classes we’d like to see just wouldn’t fit anymore.

Paragon got rolled into Guardian.
Dervish is pretty much Elementalist when you think about it.
Ritualist got spread around a bit, with Guardian having some similar skills.

Some new Professions would be nice and a welcome change of pace, but it’s hard to implement any when you realize that the current line-up is fairly complete, each one unique. If we did get a new profession I imagine it’d be for a Heavy Armor Profession, since there are only 2 of those, and 3 of Medium and Light. Just what a Heavy Armor Profession could be with its own unique skillsets that still mesh into the Guild Wars lore is anyone’s guess.

Wow!!! This is AMAZING!

Posted by: Sorean.5379

Sorean.5379

Welp…I’m not a fan of outfits because it takes away customization…But I would gladly be just another clone for that armor.

I hope it is an outfit

Wow!!! This is AMAZING!

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

I hope it’s not an outfit. I hope it’s a legit armor.

Wow!!! This is AMAZING!

Posted by: UnitedChaos.8364

UnitedChaos.8364

Please, please, please make multiple armor sets revolving around this ‘elonian’ style. Probably the nicest set to date.

Add “United Chi” to your friends list or guild!

Wow!!! This is AMAZING!

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

Please, please, please make multiple armor sets revolving around this ‘elonian’ style. Probably the nicest set to date.

Oh, I agree. The Arabic themes in Elonian culture (particularly Vabbian) lend themselves to some beautiful armor designs and fascinating profession/race concepts.

I would kill to have playable Djinn and Elonian centaurs, a Dervish-inspired profession, and more Arabian armors and weapons like the pictured one and Whispers armors.

Wow!!! This is AMAZING!

Posted by: Furesy.6935

Furesy.6935

So sad this outfit wasn’t released (yet) D;