Wrong 4th birthday gift backpack!!!!!!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Radiobiology.6185

Radiobiology.6185

Wow, i too thought it was a once per character thing. Actually didnt find out about it until i read this thread, once again the veterans get screwed over. The 5k karma thing was also a joke, i mean come on, 5k? really?….

Posted by: TooHuman.4370

TooHuman.4370

Not sure what the fuss is all about, the skins for those backpacks are all terrible in design and looks imo. Not really a loss to choose the ‘wrong’ one.
Looks more like a lazy attempt at ‘rewarding’ vets for sticking with the game this long, whether you’ve played or not.

Posted by: Laurelin.2658

Laurelin.2658

Just chiming in to say I did the same: I picked the Sylvari backpack because I was on my eldest character, my Sylvari Ranger.

I have 7 characters who will be 4 years old before New Years, and while I’m excited about all the fancy dyes I’ll be getting, I’m disappointed that the backpack skin was a reward for an achievement, and not a birthday present.

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

Not sure what the fuss is all about, the skins for those backpacks are all terrible in design and looks imo. Not really a loss to choose the ‘wrong’ one.
Looks more like a lazy attempt at ‘rewarding’ vets for sticking with the game this long, whether you’ve played or not.

Maybe to you. However beauty and ugliness is all opinion. What’s good looking to one is ugly to someone else and vice versa. I happen to like the Asura one. I like all but the Sylvari one, but only the Asura one really fit with my current characters.

And if players thought they were going to get them all eventually this year with their 4 year old characters and they had one of each race turning 4 this year, they may have decided to do it by race to make sure they didn’t get a duplicate before they had unlocked all 5 skins.

Posted by: Meridian.4983

Meridian.4983

A big THANK YOU to the GM that helped me out and exchanged backpacks for me, I’m really happy to have my top choice instead of my first pick

[NA] | BP
Zombie | God | For the Pass!

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Maybe to you. However beauty and ugliness is all opinion. What’s good looking to one is ugly to someone else and vice versa. I happen to like the Asura one. I like all but the Sylvari one, but only the Asura one really fit with my current characters.

And if players thought they were going to get them all eventually this year with their 4 year old characters and they had one of each race turning 4 this year, they may have decided to do it by race to make sure they didn’t get a duplicate before they had unlocked all 5 skins.

The only one I thought was abhorrent was the Divinity’s Reach one. That one is awful. The others are cool.

I chose the Grove one cause I thought it might go better with one of my Sylvari than the shoulder flower she’s currently using. I was wrong. But if I’d known I would have chosen the Hoelbrak one. I put in a ticket and was told that if I deleted the one I had he would replace it with the one I wanted. So I did. It’s their bad that the skin unlocked for the other one, but honestly I’m not going to use it, the shape clips with her body in exactly the worse ways.

I could definitely find uses for the Black Citadel one and probably for Rata Sum

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker