Wrongly removed GWAMM

Wrongly removed GWAMM

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: anx.7549

anx.7549

So I had an e-mail in game saying my account was wrongly given the GWAMM title and now it was being removed. I have no issue whatsoever in it being removed, but my account wasn’t one of those that it was awarded to!!!

I had GW1, had about 32/50 points and a few titles that went with it, but they have all gone. In GW2 I have lost AP, (I only had 2,500 odd anyway now I’m back to 2,200)

Um, anyone else had this issue?

Anx

Wrongly removed GWAMM

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

If you have 32/50 points, I’m not sure how you can have GWAMM. Seems unlikely at very least.

Wrongly removed GWAMM

anx.7549

I should have been more specific sorry. I never had GWAMM at all. Ever.

Anx

Wrongly removed GWAMM

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

As for losing your AP and such, try logging out of GW2, logging into GW1 and then out again, and then going back to GW2. Several people have said that doing this made their AP and titles reappear as normal. If that doesn’t fix it, create a support ticket.

Wrongly removed GWAMM

anx.7549

Thanks Rose, I’ll try that. Thank god I didn’t uninstall GW!

Anx

Wrongly removed GWAMM

anx.7549

Ok, I logged back into GW1 then back into gw2 and it is sorted. Titles back, AP points back. Sorted! Phew!

Attachments:

Anx

Wrongly removed GWAMM

anx.7549

So – I thought the ‘issue’ was fixed. Just created a new character. And ta-da, in my in game e-mail is the lovely message saying my account was wrongly given the GWAMM and boom, there goes my AP and titles again! Really??? So I have to log back in to GW to reset this issue? Come on Anet, this just isn’t good enough. I appreciate that there will always be a few issues with any update but this is just really frustrating.

Anx

Wrongly removed GWAMM

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

I would submit a ticket to support to see what the issue is.

When did you earn GWAMM?

Wrongly removed GWAMM

anx.7549

Seera – I never had GWAMM. At all. Ever. I never got it in GW1 and when the bug happened my account wasn’t one of the ones that had it enabled. I have never had it!!!!

Anx

Wrongly removed GWAMM

Seera.5916

Seera – I never had GWAMM. At all. Ever. I never got it in GW1 and when the bug happened my account wasn’t one of the ones that had it enabled. I have never had it!!!!

Ah, the thread title led me to believe you had earned it.

Your best bet is to contact support and work with them on the issue. There’s not much we can do on the forums.

The only other suggestion is to actually earn GWAMM and see if that clears it up permanently.

Wrongly removed GWAMM

anx.7549

I put ‘wrongly removed’ in the title thread as it was removed wrongly, but I never had it activated in the first place to be removed!!! Confusing I know!!

Anx

Wrongly removed GWAMM

Posted by: Exeon.4358

Exeon.4358

I had some issue as well, but i solved it by linking my GW1 account again, this might solve the issue for you

Wrongly removed GWAMM

anx.7549

Thanks Exeon. I’ve done that and it works, but as soon as I create a new character it re-sets the AP points, so I have to log back into GW1, and then back to GW2 and visit HoM and yeah it’s annoying as I am always re-rolling characters!

Anx

Wrongly removed GWAMM

Seera.5916

Thanks Exeon. I’ve done that and it works, but as soon as I create a new character it re-sets the AP points, so I have to log back into GW1, and then back to GW2 and visit HoM and yeah it’s annoying as I am always re-rolling characters!

Have you submitted a ticket to support?

Wrongly removed GWAMM

Posted by: Mojo Gris Gris.5941

Mojo Gris Gris.5941

I just tested this in game. I have 33 HoM points, myself. I created a new character, and sure enough, when I checked (yes, I got the mail from LOR-748, again) my HoM achievement list was completely blank. I switched to another character, and they all came back. They even showed up as recently completed. I didn’t note achievement points themselves, but when I switched back to the newly created character, all the achievements remained. This should probably be moved to the bug section because it seems what is happening is the points are being removed and reapplied every time a new character is created. It’s not game breaking, but it’s there and causing confusion.

Check it out when you get a chance, anx.

Edit: Just looked at the bug forum, and they’re aware:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/HoM-rewards-gone-when-creating-new-character/first#post5337883

(edited by Mojo Gris Gris.5941)