Wurm's Bane vs. The Blazing Light

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Stonecaduceus.5638

Stonecaduceus.5638

Well which PVE title would you be more proud wearing and why?

80 Guardian/Elementalist/Warrior
Wurm’s Bane
Jade Quarry

Posted by: sirflamesword.3896

sirflamesword.3896

Blazing Light, because it’s done with your own skill not the skill of 50+ other people.

Pinnacle of Responsibility[Mom]-Yaks Bend
Unstable Shield, Unstable Light

Posted by: raptor.1064

raptor.1064

Those are for people who think they are good, but are both actually easy to get. I would be embarrassed to wear either.

Posted by: Cicada.3596

Cicada.3596

Those are for people who think they are good, but are both actually easy to get. I would be embarrassed to wear either.

o’rly ? if that tittle would make u embarrassed to wear, what tittle good enough for u ? looser Golden ? lame dungeon master ? thats wurm’s bane, wurm slayer, blazing light is the best tittle PVE player can get. And dont said bullkitten about u dont need to be good to have that, and easy to get ? like easy u can spam 1 join random pugs to get wurm’s bane ? realy ? spam 1 to kill liadri without orb , evade ? so when we can timing our dodge we’re not good ? dem kitten u must be elite player that able to solo everything in game

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

Wurm’s Bane =/= Wurmslayer. The second you can get without a successful kill of the wurm at all. Wurm’s Bane takes far more skill and luck. Especially since you’re relying on 149 other people to not kitten it up like a bunch of dolyak kitten eating trolls. Oh, and Liadri can be beaten pitifully easy with the right build.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

At the same time though, you could get Wurm’s Bane just by happening to show up to a TTS kill and autoattacking a Wurm just enough to get credit, then die and stay dead for the rest of the kill.

But on the other hand, there are those who’ve cheesed past Liadri using life-steal builds.

At the end of the day though, OP, wear whatever you like better. Trust me, most players won’t care what title you’re using.

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

If there was a title for 8 orbs….

but neither of them are good, since they are easy.

Posted by: cmud.5689

cmud.5689

I would go for The Blazing Light because it sounds the best, stricktly from the aesthetics, roleplay, whatever point. IF you want a title that commands somewhat “respect” within at least some parts of the community, you need a WvW or PvP title.

banished from time and space

Posted by: Lyralei.5920

Lyralei.5920

I would go for The Blazing Light because it sounds the best, stricktly from the aesthetics, roleplay, whatever point. IF you want a title that commands somewhat “respect” within at least some parts of the community, you need a WvW or PvP title.

Yakslapper. Best title.

Posted by: Trice.4598

Trice.4598

Just go with a title the fit your character or one that you like. I have been using The Emperor forever, not because I want to show off how money I spent on a stupid title, but only because it fit my character and look dam sexy in German Der Kaiser.

The Blazing Light, The Sunbringer, Avenger and even Golden sound pretty nice.

Posted by: Kaiser.8504

Kaiser.8504

You called?

Secretly an elitist jaguar
[Noob] Info Desk | [LOD]

Zaxares.5419

Yeah, I use titles on my characters that suit them from an RP perspective.

Human Female Mesmer – “Chosen”. She’s a descendent of my GW1 Ascalonian Warrior, so that made sense to me.

Norn Female Ranger – “Wurm’s Bane”. She’s a Norn hunter. ’Nuff said.

Asura Male Elementalist – “Honors in Applied Jumping”. Seems fitting due to their academic-style society.

Charr Male Warrior – “The Blazing Light”. He used to have “Flameseeker”, and I honestly might go back to it, seeing as he does wield mostly flame-themed equipment.

Sylvari Female Necromancer – “The Sunbringer”. As a chipper, Dawn cycle Sylvari, it was the perfect title for her. XD

Oh, and my Guardian mule has “Volunteer”. XD

Posted by: virtualtourist.6438

virtualtourist.6438

The value of a title also depends on how much personal significance it has.

If I get a title after pressing “F” 1000 times to rez random NPCs and PCs outside of combat, it has no real significance for me.

If I get a title after putting in the effort to learn how to overcome a challenge, then it has great personal significance.

Guess which title gets used?

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

Combat Healer. Why is this even a question?

Posted by: virtualtourist.6438

virtualtourist.6438

Combat Healer. Why is this even a question?

…because a lot of people have difficulty finding 1000 dead NPCs due to all the other annoying players rezzing them? :-)

Posted by: winterchillz.2564

winterchillz.2564

Blazing Light sounds much better in my opinion, because well … Wurm’s Bane .. wat?

And since Zaxares posted his chars and their titles, I feel an urge to do it as well

Aurora Nightblossom, guardian: The Sunbringer – Aurora is the Roman goddess of dawn as well as the word aurora itself means a light in the sky;

Nyx Soulreaver, thief: Mist Runner – Nyx is the Greek goddess of the night, therefore and the Mist Runner title;

Luna Nightblossom, elementalist: The Sunbringer – Sadly, I didn’t manage to kill Liandri, otherwise I’d have had Blazing Light on this one as when the full moon shines in the night sky, but oh well

Cloud of Sparrows
Fluffiest Blood Legion Charr
“At least I die knowing my sisters are free”

Posted by: Lévis.5489

Lévis.5489

Why not using God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals? Still better than 99.9% of the GWII titles.

Posted by: HardRider.2980

HardRider.2980

“Omnomnivore”
As a Sylvari I find this funny and not many people use it.
I like using titles not everyone uses.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Crabgrabber and proud.

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

I only use Flameseeker or Ascendant

Both The Blazing Light and Wurm’s Bane hold merit too, one being a good solo challenge and the other a big team challenge requiring 120+ people to do their job.

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

Posted by: Lalocat.6793

Lalocat.6793

Crabgrabber and proud.

Same, or sometimes Sanctum Sprinter. The only other title I really want and would be really envious of seeing on someone else is Yakslapper, but I saw the thread where someone broke down what you’d have to do to get it. (Was 37 years of fulltime yakslappin iirc)

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

I’ve seen far too many people with Blazing Light titles for me to care about mine anymore. At first I was pretty proud, especially because I was able to do it on my Guardian after like 20 attempts in PVT gear.

Then someone told me about the necro lifesteal trick, looked up some vids, instantly destroyed any credibility that title could have had.

For fun I whipped out my necro, who luckily was already in zerker gear. Swapped some traits, skills, runes, and sigils, and gave it a shot.

First time. Beat her. No joke I don’t even think I went below half health and there had to have been 50secs left on the timer. I was dumbfounded.

So that Blazing Light title is a joke to me now.

Wurm’s Bane is OK, but really it just means you joined the correct server.

I prefer my Distinction in Applied Jumping title, or Omnomnivore.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Kibazuka.1390

Kibazuka.1390

No title best title

Ranger – Drakkar Lake[DE]
Full melee Ranger since August 2012

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

Or they just like the title.

But god forbid that be true right?

Posted by: Miroe.2054

Miroe.2054

We’re playing Guild Wars, so I’ll go with “Guild Warrior”.

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

Anything higher than marauder sounds nice. Except for ravager. Sounds weird. Champion titles also sound nice too. I usually wear champion phantom.

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

As far as effort goes, any higher tiers from HoM (or, obviously, GWAMM) completely overshadow anything that can be gained in GW2. And most of them do that while being especially cool as well.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

the blazing light works excellent with my predator aura, i just need to wait until no one uses it any more so its actually cool. volunteer until that happens.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: rincewind.9528

rincewind.9528

I don’t have any, but I would use the Blazing Light because sounds waaaay cuter than the other.
Wurm… ack… disgusting.

Posted by: Shanaeri Rynale.6897

Shanaeri Rynale.6897

Wurm’s bane because it requires you to play and coordinate with others. Blazing light may as well be a single player game achievement.

Guild Leader of DVDF www.dvdf.org.uk since 2005

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

The coolest title I have that I rarely see people wearing is Closer to the Stars. I could wear Ascendant, but that doesn’t sound as interesting imo. I wish I had GWAMM. Do people still play GW1? Is it viable to go back and get that title? How long would it take?

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

Volunteer is the best title.

It was also very hard to get, because it’s hard pressed to find people who were willing to go through the boredom of fixing signposts

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

Definitely The Blazing Light, because it’s earned solo and simply sounds better.

However, I typically rank titles not by the effort that goes into them, but by the aesthetics of the wording and how well they fit with a character’s theme. Chosen, Slayer and Mercenary are the sort of titles I prefer.

Emissary of the Mad King is probably my favourite title of all though. Sucks that I wasn’t around for that.

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

The Omnomnivore title rules. Everyone knows that.

Draknar.5748

As far as effort goes, any higher tiers from HoM (or, obviously, GWAMM) completely overshadow anything that can be gained in GW2. And most of them do that while being especially cool as well.

Legendary Champion is a pretty legit title to get in GW2 and have only seen one or two with it.

Also, there’s only one person I know that has Kegmaster title and he wears it all the time because its awesome and literally no one else has it.

Posted by: Bunschii.2918

Bunschii.2918

Champion Paragon

Zaxares.5419

@Draknar: I’ve seen two separate Kegmasters, and you can bet there’s more out there in the game.

Another title I rarely see nowadays is Emissary of the Mad King, although it usually goes up around Halloween.

Posted by: LegacyOTS.4681

LegacyOTS.4681

Great Jungle Wurm Slayer is hands down the best title. It requires work unlike the ez Blazing Light and I just showed up wheres my title Wurms Bane. Is it even possible to do GJWS in one go ….. I think not even with the nerf to the achievement.

Posted by: Kibazuka.1390

Kibazuka.1390

I only ever once saw a person with the Ultimate Dominator title but i dont know how hard that title is to get at all since i dont wvw that much

Ranger – Drakkar Lake[DE]
Full melee Ranger since August 2012

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I think both are somewhat impressive, although most players will be aware that there’s a chance the person wearing it got it easily through some trick or other.

But like many other people I think the important thing is to wear a title you like or are proud of. I have ‘The Blazing Light’ on my main character at the moment because I know for me it was a major achievement and I’m proud of it. My guild leader also wears it, but for a totally different reason – it’s a running joke that her character is so shiny she blinds everyone around her.

Later on I’ll probably go back to Distinction in Applied Jumping or Emissary of the Mad King or whatever else I feel like. My most commonly used titles are probably Traveler or Volunteer, just because it seems appropriate when I’m roaming around the wilderness.

Having said all that if the achievement Wurmicidal Maniac gave a title of the same name it would be easily the best title in the game, next to Yakslapper.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Yakslapper > Crabgrabber > Omnomnivore. Everything else is just meh.

Posted by: BlacPlague.4208

BlacPlague.4208

Emissary of The Mad King

one of the first titles in the game + sounds epic

Posted by: Vylor.3276

Vylor.3276

I would be ashamed to use either of those(Or any PvE title) because of how easy the PvE in this game is. But if I had to pick one The Blazing Light, just because it sounds better but keep in mind it doesn’t mean kitten because anyone who can walk out of some circles and does a decent amount of damage can get it.

Kizger Scorchclaw
Champion Magus/Paragon
80 Elementalist of [APeX]

Posted by: VodCom.6924

VodCom.6924

Such a concentration of snobbish and elitist people around here. Hilarious.

If you could look at the proportion of people who have the so called blazing light title, you would not say it’s “kitten easy”.

Please remember dear posters that you are neither a representative sample of the population nor the absolute paragon of what a GW2 player should be.

Yakkslapper or crabgrabber is not a display of skill, it’s a display of grind. Omnomnivore can be scammed with a friend.

As far as I am concerned, I still recieve MPs of congratulations when I show up with wurmslayer title from times to times.

Known as Reegar Else, Linda Else, Xiana Else and Thorgall Breakstone

Draknar.5748

I would be ashamed to use either of those(Or any PvE title) because of how easy the PvE in this game is. But if I had to pick one The Blazing Light, just because it sounds better but keep in mind it doesn’t mean kitten because anyone who can walk out of some circles and does a decent amount of damage can get it.

It’s so much more than walking out of circles….

But you must be simply far too superior of a player to degrade yourself by playing that peasant PvE content. It’s sPvP/tPvP or you suck, right?

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Pride in a title???? pfft… lol
This person knows how to use a title

Yeah, I use titles on my characters that suit them from an RP perspective.

Human Female Mesmer – “Chosen”. She’s a descendent of my GW1 Ascalonian Warrior, so that made sense to me.

Norn Female Ranger – “Wurm’s Bane”. She’s a Norn hunter. ’Nuff said.

Asura Male Elementalist – “Honors in Applied Jumping”. Seems fitting due to their academic-style society.

Charr Male Warrior – “The Blazing Light”. He used to have “Flameseeker”, and I honestly might go back to it, seeing as he does wield mostly flame-themed equipment.

Sylvari Female Necromancer – “The Sunbringer”. As a chipper, Dawn cycle Sylvari, it was the perfect title for her. XD

Oh, and my Guardian mule has “Volunteer”. XD

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.