WvW Map Completion.

WvW Map Completion.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sophia.2854

Sophia.2854

Anyone else find it troubling to have WvW as your last maps and unable to get them done in a timely fashion? :c I’m stuck on Blackgate trying to get my last few maps here, and I’m about to just give up. There’s no one in my maps and I’m not too sure how else to go about it. Anyone have tips?

WvW Map Completion.

Posted by: dirtynwah.3851

dirtynwah.3851

Here’s thread with a lot of helpful tips, hope it helps
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/players/Been-there-almost-done-that/

WvW Map Completion.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

It can take weeks to get it done. I used this site while playing in PvE to keep an eye out for places I needed.When I saw them show up I could jump to WvW, run over and grab it. Its possible to make runs into enemy camps to grab the point of interest and sneak around to get the skill points. Most of the time you’ll survive.

Generally it’s recommend that people get WvW fairly early during exploration as it can take the longest and be the most frustrating. If your map isn’t strong you’ll have to get the places as they come up.

Live WvW maps: http://wvwintel.com

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

WvW Map Completion.

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

Another tip: Once the area is open (Stonemist for one lol) get it on all the characters you have right then.

WvW Map Completion.

Posted by: Elothar.4382

Elothar.4382

It took me a couple of months…but I kept at it. I am not a WvW’er so I watched the maps. When my color had a section, I jumped in and got everything there. I also spent some time, while in WvW, just studying the maps so that, when the map situation changed, I would be ready to go.

It took a while but eventually I got it. On the other hand, I did not have any pressing need to do it quickly so waiting was not much of an issue for me.

I had not considered the tip that CMM gave…great idea, though. I wish that I had thought of it at the time I was clearing.

WvW Map Completion.

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

The hardest objectives to grab will be your opponent’s keeps and garrison. For those sometimes you’ll just need to wait until your server rotates to that color.

Get in at weekly reset if possible, objectives flip many times during those first 24 hours before servers have a chance to accumulate supply and siege up their bases.

These will be the hardest maps you’ll ever complete in this game. Check your server’s forum for guilds and groups running – safety in numbers while you are still learning the maps.

WvW Map Completion.

Posted by: Nightshade.2410

Nightshade.2410

It took me 7 weeks to finally be in all 3 rotations. It takes a lot of going out behind your lines and getting the places and points. It also involves a lot of getting killed and starting your 15 minute walk all over again. Patience is the most important thing, and it is best to go in the evening when lots of people are on. gl!

WvW Map Completion.

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

I’m stuck on Blackgate … There’s no one in my maps

What?

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes

WvW Map Completion.

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

I’m stuck on Blackgate … There’s no one in my maps

What?

I said the same thing lol, we flip enemy maps every day, all day, are you just going in for like 2 minutes to check or something or actually playing?

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

WvW Map Completion.

X T D.6458

Usually the way people do it, is to wait for colors to change, its not that hard to just map it all one week, Ive mapped all wvw maps on 9 toons. Its really not that hard

WvW Map Completion.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

I am not sure why they can’t just randomize the colors more at times. That would solve like most of these complaints.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

WvW Map Completion.

Posted by: Anyandrell.6238

Anyandrell.6238

The better idea would be to not make WvW part of map completion. Just sayin’.

WvW Map Completion.

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

For us WvW players, the better idea would be to not make PvE part of map completion. Just sayin’.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

WvW Map Completion.

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

I also think dungeons shouldn’t be a part of the process to make legendaries.. this coming from a WvW player.

WvW Map Completion.

X T D.6458

Before AP chests and EoTM gave badges of honor away like candy, players actually had to do WvW for them, to get the gift of battle, and finish the gift of mastery. So WvW mapping was never the only part of the legendary making process. Also now you have to be Rank 14 minimum to get it, so again mapping is not the only part.

WvW Map Completion.

Posted by: Dasenthal.6520

Dasenthal.6520

Before AP chests and EoTM gave badges of honor away like candy, players actually had to do WvW for them, to get the gift of battle, and finish the gift of mastery. So WvW mapping was never the only part of the legendary making process. Also now you have to be Rank 14 minimum to get it, so again mapping is not the only part.

Unfortunately though now that we have EotM people think they should just be handed the third thing (wvw map completion).
Personally I think if I had to suffer through PvE maps then PvE’ers should be forced to go to wvw.

“A conquered people will always resist you,
Edair. But allies-allies will fight by your side”~Cobiah Mariner

WvW Map Completion.

Posted by: Dasenthal.6520

Dasenthal.6520

Found one of my old posts that applies:

I’d prefer the removal of WvW from map completion entirely. I imagine it’s a nightmare for people that only play PvE.

Agree with this. Have completion for one character & still play world vs world on a part time basis.
Also understand the idea is to get people into world vs world, yet players with no interest in this format of the game are kittened.
Generally the easiest opportunity is when your server is lucky enough to be on the dominating end of lopsided world vs world rounds.

How do you guys feel about players who wvw exclusively though? Are we not allowed to like shinies? We have to go PvE if we want any shiny weapon, and yet we don’t make forum posts complaining (largely because we realize we’re the minority)about being locked out of dungeon skins, or luminescent skins (specifically referencing things available in Spvp, because Spvp still does not equal wvw).
Yet you’re complaining about 4 maps:
76 Points of Interest
13 Skill points
40 vistas.
25 Waypoints (All given btw)
and yet…
There are
301 hearts (Not included in wvw)
646 Points of interest (722 total- 76 listed above)
189 skill points (202 total- 13 listed above)
226 vista’s (266 total -40 listed above)
482 Waypoints (507 total – 25 listed above)

Total all that up (using totals)= Hearts + POI’s+ SP+ V’s+ WP’s =1998 things need for map completion.
Things need for wvw map completion = Hearts (0) + POI’s (76) + SP (13) +V’s (40) +WP (Functionally 0, but i’ll give you the benefit of the doubt 25)=154

154/1998= roughly 8%
You guys (PvE’ers exclusively) have to play 8% of the game you don’t like to get your legendary (or your achievement, what ever the motivator is). We (WvW’ers exclusively) have to play 92% (more than 11 times as much) of the game that we don’t want to for our legendaries (I don’t know a single WvW’er who actually has the nerve to say “I just wanted the achievement” so…)
And guess what: we do it, we might cuss and moan to our guild mates, but we do it. So, like I said earlier:

SideNote:
If you want legendary but don’t want wvw: Buy the kitten.
If you don’t want legendary but want map completion: Deal with the kitten
If you want map completion but refuse to deal with the kitten: Live without the Kitten.

Cheers!

“A conquered people will always resist you,
Edair. But allies-allies will fight by your side”~Cobiah Mariner