WvW Siege Master Helmet skin

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Xzaander.4123

Xzaander.4123

Has anyone ever noticed that, as the title says, the Siege Master Asura in WvW has a helmet skin on his head that isn’t available to us, the players?

I’ve tried to search the forums to see if anyone has brought this up before, but to no avial. So… this is my plea to ArenaNet: Please make that helmet skin available for players too!

Attachments:

Posted by: RedCobra.7693

RedCobra.7693

why, just looks like the scaled helmet, its boring imo and im sure many agree

RedCobra – Ranked PVP Druid
Current Season – Platinum (Soloq)
Retired GW2 ESL Tournament Admin

Posted by: BigfootArisen.6509

BigfootArisen.6509

I’m not at home, so I can’t check HotM, but that helm doesn’t look like any of the Scale helmets I’ve seen on the wiki.

Xzaander.4123

1.) It’s not the scaled helmet. I know my GW2 armor, and that’s not it.

2.) I couldn’t care less if you think it’s boring. I like the helmet personally, and I’m sure many would agree. (See what I did there?)

3.) Helmets are among the easier armor parts to skin to characters, and since the actual model is already in-game, it wouldn’t take that much effort to make it available for the players as a purchasable skin maybe. If you don’t like it, don’t buy it. Easy-peasy.

RedCobra.7693

1.) It’s not the scaled helmet. I know my GW2 armor, and that’s not it.

2.) I couldn’t care less if you think it’s boring. I like the helmet personally, and I’m sure many would agree. (See what I did there?)

3.) Helmets are among the easier armor parts to skin to characters, and since the actual model is already in-game, it wouldn’t take that much effort to make it available for the players as a purchasable skin maybe. If you don’t like it, don’t buy it. Easy-peasy.

1) I never said it WAS the scaled helmet, look at the uproar about flamekissed being reskinned armour, now imagine the sameviewpoint on an armour piece with no effects

2) touche, its still a boring armour piece

3) all items still have to go through a time consuming proccess involving procedures, id rather not have the devs time wasted with boring skins such as this

Posted by: Tuomir.1830

Tuomir.1830

Not only is the helmet not available, the shoulders too are out of players’ grasp.

Only fools and heroes charge in without a plan.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I’ll agree with the not-boring contingent. It doesn’t have sparklers and rainbows and massive protrusions and whirling gears? EVEN BETTER. It looks real.

I’d rather not have the dev’s time wasted with unrealistic tackily overdone sfx helms …

… except it’s not wasted if players like it. Which many would on the nicely detailed practical helms as well. Stop with the “I don’t like it so no one can have it” arguments already!

Posted by: Talonblaze.3175

Talonblaze.3175

This… actually might be a helm I actually keep visible on a toon. On an Asura no less!

Duty is heavier than death.

Posted by: smekras.8203

smekras.8203

that’s actually a really nice looking helmet. as others said, a lot more realistic than some of the others (named pirate bucket i’m looking at you)

Server: Kaineng | Guild: Blackflame Legion [BFL]
Perhaps the only RP-oriented guild on the server
Main Character: Farathnor (sylvari ranger) 1 of 22

Posted by: Kit.3986

Kit.3986

1) I never said it WAS the scaled helmet, look at the uproar about flamekissed being reskinned armour, now imagine the sameviewpoint on an armour piece with no effects

2) touche, its still a boring armour piece

3) all items still have to go through a time consuming proccess involving procedures, id rather not have the devs time wasted with boring skins such as this

Flamekissed was complained about due to being reskinned/the light armor being human cultural T3 (which was why it was changed), this helmet wouldn’t be a reskin if it didn’t exist in the game prior for players to use.

The rest is subjective “I think it’s bad” which is all fine for an opinion, but it doesn’t trump the opinion someone else has of “I like this and would use it if it were available.” Just because you don’t like it doesn’t mean Anet would be wasting their time making it available for people who would want it.

Xzaander.4123

Not only is the helmet not available, the shoulders too are out of players’ grasp.

Oh didn’t even notice them at first! Thanks for pointing that out, now I want those too!

I’ll agree with the not-boring contingent. It doesn’t have sparklers and rainbows and massive protrusions and whirling gears? EVEN BETTER. It looks real.

I’d rather not have the dev’s time wasted with unrealistic tackily overdone sfx helms …

… except it’s not wasted if players like it. Which many would on the nicely detailed practical helms as well. Stop with the “I don’t like it so no one can have it” arguments already!

I agree!

Flamekissed was complained about due to being reskinned/the light armor being human cultural T3 (which was why it was changed), this helmet wouldn’t be a reskin if it didn’t exist in the game prior for players to use.

The rest is subjective “I think it’s bad” which is all fine for an opinion, but it doesn’t trump the opinion someone else has of “I like this and would use it if it were available.” Just because you don’t like it doesn’t mean Anet would be wasting their time making it available for people who would want it.

I agree again!

RedCobra.7693

at a time were the feature patch is taking quite literally every devs time, yes. it would certainly be a waste of time to start implementing this

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Funny, because I’m pretty sure the art department person who normally spends their time making armor is DOING THEIR JOB by… making armor.

Hopefully we’ll see it soon. There’s no question we’ll see it as a player asset eventually.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

RedCobra.7693

Im pretty sure the art department will have 0 involvment if this armour is decided to be implemented since its already created, however there is still a process, not only that, im pretty sure the art department would be busy with LS Season 2

RedCobra.7693

tbh i think this armour may already be in game, possibly the unique helm you get for throwing 4 hems in the MF, just like the coat piece

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

Honestly, either that helm or the shoulders would make me play WvW more often if the possibility to get them were there. They both look pretty cool.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]