WvW armors can't be salvaged

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sinister.5792

Sinister.5792

Please I want to salvage my WvW armor because I wanna take out the runes of perplexity… its so freaking expensive and I cant afford to buy new set of perplexity runes… please let the WvW gear be able to salvaged..

I kill 2 birds with over 9000 stones

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

curious, i’ve seen this before, but is it the badges only gear, the badges + gold, or both?

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

Jerus, it’s both. It’s been that way since the start of the game. I believe it was meant as a way to keep the market from being flooded since badges are relatively easy to come by.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Yeah it costs both badges and gold, not a lot of gold (1g per piece I think?).

I can understand them not wanting to flood the market with ecto, or inundating people with dark matter, but badges aren’t necessarily any more readily available than dungeon tokens. Dungeon armor can be salvaged, let wvw armor be salvageable as well.

If ecto is that much of a concern (which I don’t see how it is considering – again – what people do with dungeon armor), then just remove it from the salvage table for those items. Same for Karma armor. There really is no good reason why they can’t be made salvageable.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Jerus, it’s both. It’s been that way since the start of the game. I believe it was meant as a way to keep the market from being flooded since badges are relatively easy to come by.

Same reason karma gear was made un-salvageable.
Though it would be nice to be able to get the slotted item (or at least a chance at them), even if we don’t get the material. IIRC, all karma/badge gear have empty slots (except the temple armors), so normally any slotted item were/are put there by the player, so we should get a chance at getting them back.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: Umut.5471

Umut.5471

Instead, they can remove material drops from salvage for these items. So we can get our runes/sigils back.

Posted by: Sinister.5792

Sinister.5792

problem is, the sigils/runes are so freaking godkitten expensive and i / we cant even get them back if ever want to transfer it on other armours…

I kill 2 birds with over 9000 stones

Posted by: data.4093

data.4093

Does the armor even mention this? It’s kind of like the ascended rings being unique and not telling anyone you must equip 2 different versions…except you can lose huge amounts of gold on the wvw gear. I’m not sure ectos are the reason anet is concerned, you’ll salvage dungeon armor and get those. You could salvage certain gear and get orichalcum inscriptions I guess. Other than that I really don’t understand the logic here. If Anet thinks it’s too cheap to be salvageable then just increase the cost of badges or something…

Posted by: Kincaidia.3192

Kincaidia.3192

They broke this with the wardrobe release. It was a crap move. They don’t care.

Moving on.

Jerus.4350

Well there are the extractors, but are there any runes that those are really cost effective? They seem absurdly high priced.

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

Well there are the extractors, but are there any runes that those are really cost effective? They seem absurdly high priced.

Not likely, I don’t think there is ever a situation where the extractor is worth it’s weight in gems when you look at the current gold —-> gem conversion rates.

MAYBE with the really high cost runes such as….strength I think….but even then that might be just barely, and I don’t remember the current going price on those.

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

Ya, I personally don’t understand this. As another poster mentioned, dungeon tokens are probably more easy to come by than badges, yet you can salvage that stuff. Makes no sense. Even if we didn’t get materials, it should be absolutely allowed to salvage to get back any upgrades.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Not likely, I don’t think there is ever a situation where the extractor is worth it’s weight in gems when you look at the current gold —-> gem conversion rates.

MAYBE with the really high cost runes such as….strength I think….but even then that might be just barely, and I don’t remember the current going price on those.

High +AR value agony infusions. Those are the only things that can cost high enough to justify extractors.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Nope not even close. Even at the bulk rate of 25 for 5000 gems, that is 200 gems per extraction. At current going rates that is 24g per rune. Or a loss of 6g per rune in the case of strength runes.

There is no rune in the game this is worth it for.

This was an issue introduced in the megafail patch. Previously you could just use a trans stone to transmute the rune onto a cheap armor and then salvage it for the rune. The patch removed that ability and didn’t replace it with anything.

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

High +AR value agony infusions. Those are the only things that can cost high enough to justify extractors.

Ah forgot about those, thanks.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Ya, I personally don’t understand this. As another poster mentioned, dungeon tokens are probably more easy to come by than badges, yet you can salvage that stuff. Makes no sense. Even if we didn’t get materials, it should be absolutely allowed to salvage to get back any upgrades.

Have you ever been in a EotM Zerg? Dungeon tokens are NOT easier to get than Badges (tho, before EotM, they may have been about equal in difficulty to obtain).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Jerus.4350

It’d be nice if they could make WvW gear salvageable, with or without other items, but just for runes at the bare minimum. Glad I’ve only used it for alts with ruby orbs in it.

Sounds like it’s time to drastically reduce the price on the extractors. I’m thinking 1/3 the cost or there abouts, even half seems like not enough except for a select few overly expensive runes, and even 1/3 would still be too expensive for a lot of the runes/sigils out there.

Jerus.4350

Have you ever been in a EotM Zerg? Dungeon tokens are NOT easier to get than Badges (tho, before EotM, they may have been about equal in difficulty to obtain).

/shrug, even an EoTM zerg I’m not getting more than a piece maybe 2 a day. That’s no more than I get for a dungeon tour, sure I may not be able to get that dungeon gear that day, but give me a couple days of tours and suddenly I have like 10 pieces of gear i could buy and salvage.

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

My whole point is that the (possible) argument that being able to salvage WvW gear would WRECK THE ECONOMY is invalid when you consider how easy it is to get dungeon gear, which IS salvagable. And I truly believe that a great many players would be happy just to get the runes out on salvage. Personally, I could care less if I get an extra 3 scraps of silk when I have 50g worth of runes sitting there.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Posted by: data.4093

data.4093

Can we get a response from Anet on this issue? I’d really like to understand the reasoning behind making some items un-salvageable especially without telling people beforehand. Although they probably don’t want to respond and players will easily provide a solution(if we didn’t already).

Posted by: Johnathan Ralston.5871

Johnathan Ralston.5871

Incorrect sir

The armor up until the 4 winds update would let you by full exotic WvW armor of 5 or 6 preset stats of your choice for badges only. The weapons have been badges + gold until that point.

Anet retired some of the vendors so the armor now costs badges + gold.

The badges only exotic armor about 3 weeks ago and prior could not be salvaged but could be forged and sold for tons of profit. That is why they turned the badges only armor to a cost of gold as well.

I must say that your statement is false

P.S. weapons could not be salvaged or forged / armor could not be salvaged but could be forged just a few weeks ago (GOLD GOLD GOLD GOLD GOLD)

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

They broke this with the wardrobe release. It was a crap move. They don’t care.

Moving on.

They didn’t “break” anything, transferring runes off of unsalvageable gear was a side-effect of how the old transmutation system worked. It wasn’t strictly intended, but it wasn’t really an exploit so Anet left it be (much like the similar process that let you transfer soulbound skins between characters).

Can we get a response from Anet on this issue? I’d really like to understand the reasoning behind making some items un-salvageable especially without telling people beforehand. Although they probably don’t want to respond and players will easily provide a solution(if we didn’t already).

wubwub and karma gear were made unsalvageable a long time ago, probably shortly after launch (I’d imagine shortly after, and in response to, some of the big exploits that happened at that time), it’s not a new thing.

Posted by: Cuddy.6247

Cuddy.6247

Up until EotM, I always thought WvW armor should’ve been salvageable. Now with EotM though my view has changed because badges drop like hotcakes in there.

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

anet should at least make it possible to salvage the runes even if the wvw armors give only crap loot from salvaging…

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

Up until EotM, I always thought WvW armor should’ve been salvageable. Now with EotM though my view has changed because badges drop like hotcakes in there.

ok then
nerf badges in eotm.
allow wvw armour to be salvageable.

Posted by: calyx.9086

calyx.9086

While they obviously should allow us to pull runes and sigils out of wvw armor, I’m kinda surprised this is still popping up. Haven’t people learned by now to stop buying karma and wvw armor except for the skins?

Posted by: Cuddy.6247

Cuddy.6247

ok then
nerf badges in eotm.

Yeah, if badges in EotM were on the same scale as badges from regular WvW – WvW items should be salvageable in a heartbeat.

Shouldn’t occur now just due to how easy it is to obtain badges in the current EotM structure – where every single cap guarantees badges and some empyreal fragments (dragonite ore for the keeps). In just 2 weeks someone can get 10,000+ badges fairly easily. At least before EotM, badges were about as scarce as dungeon tokens because it really required riding out WvW for a while.

Need to change the precedent before making something salvageable though.

Jerus.4350

ok then
nerf badges in eotm.

Yeah, if badges in EotM were on the same scale as badges from regular WvW – WvW items should be salvageable in a heartbeat.

Shouldn’t occur now just due to how easy it is to obtain badges in the current EotM structure – where every single cap guarantees badges and some empyreal fragments (dragonite ore for the keeps). In just 2 weeks someone can get 10,000+ badges fairly easily. At least before EotM, badges were about as scarce as dungeon tokens because it really required riding out WvW for a while.

Need to change the precedent before making something salvageable though.

Even if the salvageability was purely for the sigil/runes you put in them? You’d be gaining no monetary value other than what you had put in there yourself.

Posted by: Carnius Magius.8091

Carnius Magius.8091

I was satisfied with the old function of transmutation crystals. I bought a bunch of them for the purpose of transferring runes from unsalvageable armor to ascended gear. Since only the rune was transferred , the armor remained unlabeled as transmuted. My investment in crystals are now rendered useless. Now I have 12 pieces of armor with upgrades I have no choice but to destroy. I can’t even flush them down the mystic toilet.

Posted by: mageesty.7196

mageesty.7196

I think the issue is that it doesn’t even say you can’t salvage them. I have some wvw gear with some runes that I wanted to salvage to get back but I can’t even do that. At least update the vendors and the items saying how this crap can’t be salvaged. If I knew this I would NOT have bought the junk. Even karma items can be placed in the mystic forge but these can’t..

Posted by: Exeon.4358

Exeon.4358

It never made sense to me that you can’t salvage them, I mean having to still pay a fair amount of money kinda beats that point(as dungeon armor isn’t hard to get either but is salvagable and doesn’t require money)