WvW: give wallet for siege weapon blueprints

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: aelska.4609

aelska.4609

At least 20 slots of inventory are taken by siege blueprints (ram, treb, catapult, balista, ac, golem, shield gen; in normal, superior, and eventually guild version).

Is it possible to have the wallet for these siege weapons, as it is for dungeons token and all the new pve stuff (inbound magic, ley line crystal, etc.) ?

Thank you.

Posted by: Leon de Damasco.8105

Leon de Damasco.8105

This should be posted in WvW.
FYI dungeons token and all the new pve stuff (inbound magic, ley line crystal, etc you mention it) are not items. Those are currency,
I am not sure how an interact item could works there in wallet.

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

In general, there are too many items in the game that should go into the wallet or auto deposit, but do not. I end up with a bunch of crap to destroy across all my toons after every single holiday.

Seperate siege inventory is something we wish we could have since start of the game and it still hasn’t been implimented.

Many of these items you can’t even vendor, and some require you to type in their name so you just end up waiting until a stacks fills out and uselessly takes up inventory space.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

You can just….sell them.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Posted by: Ubi.4136

Ubi.4136

Yes please.

Lost in the Maguuma [TC]
Te Nosce [TC]

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

While they certainly could, I think this is more of an issue in regards to inventory management.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

How would you pull them out of the Wallet for the Mystic Forge? Or for the Guild-related features?

Posted by: Klipso.8653

Klipso.8653

I don’t think wallet is the answer to the siege clogging up bag space, but something would be nice. I only carry the siege I use, and it still almost fills one of my invisible bags.

Attachments:

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Clogging up inventory would imply WvW gives enough loot to actually take up much space … are you actually keeping blues and greens around to vendor or something? O_o

Posted by: Charrbeque.8729

Charrbeque.8729

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Siegemaster%27s_Satchel Is probably your best option. Doubtful they would add non-currency items to the account wallet since you have to be able to use them.

There’s something charming about rangers.

Posted by: aelska.4609

aelska.4609

It could also be a menu that can be opened in WvW. The blueprints will then be displayed that way.

Wallet or not the problem remains the same: to efficiently play WvW, the players have to give up an entire bag just to carry the siege weapon, in the most disorganized way.

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

Really appreciate Linsey Murdock’s work on expanding the collection’s storage (love her long time). This is a QoL though that should be updated each time new materials and maps are added. There are more than enough other items/armor/skin/widgets in game that players will find to fill their storage that will still spark sales in inventory storage expansions outside of crafting/zone mats that are now more of a priority to store. Expansion of key chains & wallets are also high on those lists though if those items are seen differently then materials in storage, which I could see why they are. Anyone that runs solo or in a havoc in WvW can attest to how much siege you might need to carry. I am fairly confident it has helped sales in shared inventory slots(yes ANet we need a few more of those too please) as well. Any HoT PvEr can also attest to how many slots differing keys for that each zone acquires. You have to remember that the average player is looking to play. Aka if you require them to stop and go back to a bank to acquire items for a zone they just as likely to skip that activity then stop and go get items needed to play that activity from a bank or another toon. Its a lost sale at that point and people just might as well decide to go play another game.

So +10 here for expanding any wallets and keychains. Players that already buy bag/bank expansions will do so anyway since we are packrats and those that don’t now probably wouldn’t ever anyway. Plus odds are only more stuff will added in the future since shinny is of the now and is dull tomorrow and therefore new shinnies are needed then. Good gaming!

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

Clogging up inventory would imply WvW gives enough loot to actually take up much space … are you actually keeping blues and greens around to vendor or something? O_o

A player might be carrying upwards of 20 slots of seige/trick/traps, 22+ of WvW gear ranging from foods/utils to differing gears and weapons and then whatever else they might have for other game mods. Would be a funny stat if it was at all track-able to know the number of deaths caused by players clearing bags as they run.

I admit I am a packrat, but I also run with all potential bags and max shared inventory and could see how people might quickly fill up their space if they were weren’t doing so. And since map queues are currently higher odds are if your toon doesn’t have stuff you need and its on another toon you might not be playing if you switch to get it. Though this does have a price attached for not being prepared its a bit steep. Good hunting!

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.