WvW is Forced on players crafting legendary!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Whitehawk.5398

Whitehawk.5398

I find it extremely frustrating that i need to sit in WvW and grind out a reward track for gift of battle.I do not like WvW even a little i have no clue what anet was thinking when they decided to add this im sure most PvE players can agree its absolute crap! just let us buy it with badges or put the track in PvP anything but this.

Posted by: Serkit.7836

Serkit.7836

Here’s a tip: you can get WvW reward track potions from WvW dailies. There’s always 4 dailies and they give 1-2 potions. Using 80 potions at once completes a full reward track. It takes about 15 days to complete a reward track this way, depending on which dailies are given. Some days you can even complete all the dailies in less than 10 minutes.

Posted by: borgs.6103

borgs.6103

I think you were not playing yet when Map Completion requires all three borderland maps and Eternal Battlegrounds to get. That was worse than grinding a reward track.

Whitehawk.5398

I think you were not playing yet when Map Completion requires all three borderland maps and Eternal Battlegrounds to get. That was worse than grinding a reward track.

I have been playing since launch and yes i had to map comp all 3 plus Eb.

Posted by: Chad.6104

Chad.6104

PvE in WvW dailies. The easy, no pvp but slow and sure way to do it. Monuments, vet mob kills and sentry kills with land claiming. At least one and sometimes 2 are available each day on the daily list.

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Do you need gift of battle to play this game these days?

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: cranos.5913

cranos.5913

It’s bs isn’kitten I’m generally just afking keeping a spot from someone else in the queue. Oh well, great design I guess lol…

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

To play the game, no. To make a legendary, yes.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Whitehawk.5398

It’s bs isn’kitten I’m generally just afking keeping a spot from someone else in the queue. Oh well, great design I guess lol…

Exactly!

Posted by: Batelle.1680

Batelle.1680

Yep. It’s mandatory- if you don’t earn a gift of battle within 100 hours of playing, you are instaported to WvW on log-in until you do.

Posted by: borgs.6103

borgs.6103

I have been playing since launch and yes i had to map comp all 3 plus Eb.

Lucky for you, I played 2 months after launch and took me like 3 months to get mine because the colors won’t even rotate weeks straight. I had to play real WvW, which was good since it made me like the game mode and is now my favorite. Compare that to finishing a reward track.

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

Ah this post again, think how WvW and PvP players feel they are forced to grind pve for any Legendary and it takes a lot longer than 8 hrs max of WvW.

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

and are you forced to make a legendary in order to play the game these days?

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

cranos.5913

Since they hardly give enough other rewards to keep me busy without making them, kinda?

Posted by: Chad.6104

Chad.6104

Not forced on me because not only did I buy a Gift of Battle long ago when I got enough badges even though I had no plans to craft a Legendary but also because I’m working my way along the WvW reward track by murdering vetwargs and standing in a circle. Sometimes I’ll even get really brave and kill a sentry and stand in that circle.

Posted by: Nozzle.8031

Nozzle.8031

Hmmm, it always makes me laugh that people are so blinded to think that only their preferred game mode should be how to earn a legendary, ever thought about how people on the other side of the fence feel? people like myself who dont enjoy PvE but are forced to complete the whole tyria world , which takes hell of a lot more than 8 hours for a WvW reward track, but you seem happy enough to let us have to sit through that grind, strange…

cranos.5913

Hmmm, it always makes me laugh that people are so blinded to think that only their preferred game mode should be how to earn a legendary, ever thought about how people on the other side of the fence feel? people like myself who dont enjoy PvE but are forced to complete the whole tyria world , which takes hell of a lot more than 8 hours for a WvW reward track, but you seem happy enough to let us have to sit through that grind, strange…

Right because we as PvErs are horrible ppl that make you do all that lmao. We quite obvs decided this for you poor wvwers just to make you suffer.

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

And how do you think the WvW players feel about map completing PvE to get their Gift of Exploration?

Unless you wish to make a legendary weapon that was released after HoT, there is a means to get a legendary without stepping a foot into WvW: buying one straight off of the TP.

One should research how to make something before starting it.

However, I do think giving a PvP track for the Gift of Battle would be a good alternative means to do so given that players can now use legendary skins in PvP.

Posted by: nagr.1593

nagr.1593

I had a full post written out and hit ‘reply’ and it sent me to an error page (Oops something went wrong, were looking into this). So ye I keep it short cos I frustrated atm

Took me 2.5 days and I’m 3k away from gift of battle. That’s 85% u do some quick math (don’t need calculator eithr). So that’s 3-4 hrs per day, 1 hr on today so doesn’t rly count. I afking like half the time too. How u ask?

I’m terrible and wvw, just like u. So can solo cap those flag markers (dunno what u call em) and camps, esp when ur near keep so u just run off at that time cos u have enough time return back. Then once max participation.. /afk mode or clear bags. Till 10min run out, u get 30s warning after so u do something anything at all like k ill npc scout or cap a flag point. Then /afk again or browse on tp and repeat

I dislike wvw as well.. if way to buy with tokens I would. But it not bad honestly less than 10hrs if u do long stretch but ye I agree it huge waste of time

Arun Kar

(edited by nagr.1593)

Posted by: zionophir.6845

zionophir.6845

pearl weapons are rarer than legendary because no one wants to use pearl weapons.

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Not me. Since they changed the way one gets a Gift of Battle, I’ve pretty much lost all interest in making a legendary.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: nagr.1593

nagr.1593

And how do you think the WvW players feel about map completing PvE to get their Gift of Exploration?

Unless you wish to make a legendary weapon that was released after HoT, there is a means to get a legendary without stepping a foot into WvW: buying one straight off of the TP.

However, I do think giving a PvP track for the Gift of Battle would be a good alternative means to do so given that players can now use legendary skins in PvP.

Wat u mean when say this? Eureka ab.. can’t on tp buy. Nor is GoE being require. So just GoB but explore only hot so yes.

(hes right to say so)

and what hard for explore hot? not entire world but just handful of annoying map

Allow me to edit ur s..

‘one should research how something make before post make’

Arun Kar

(edited by nagr.1593)

BlaqueFyre.5678

Wat u mean when say this? Eureka ab.. can’t on tp buy. Nor is GoE being require. So just GoB but explore only hot so yes.

(hes right to say so)

and what hard for explore hot? not entire world but just handful of annoying maps

We are still forced to PvE for any legendary and it takes longer than the 8 hours maximum that it takes for anyone to obtain GoB, but The players that make these threads and defend them don’t care that others are forced into game modes they don’t like for even longer to get the same items.

Nozzle.8031

Right because we as PvErs are horrible ppl that make you do all that lmao. We quite obvs decided this for you poor wvwers just to make you suffer.[/quote]

Likewise for us then, no?, if you dont like to do something buy it of the TP its simple. why not let us buy gift of exploration instead of having to do anything? its asking same thing, just other way around.

cranos.5913

(hes right to say so)

and what hard for explore hot? not entire world but just handful of annoying maps

We are still forced to PvE for any legendary and it takes longer than the 8 hours maximum that it takes for anyone to obtain GoB, but The players that make these threads and defend them don’t care that others are forced into game modes they don’t like for even longer to get the same items.

This is a ridiculous statement. I’m not a WvWer, why would I suggest more WvW friendly legendaries? That’s up to you ppl, not PvErs. The topic at hand is that the reward track is a pain. It’s long and boring and I’m still not actually being useful there. If you feel you should have WvW only legendaries by all means make your own topic about it, but there’s rly no need for this salty bitter QQ about how heartless we PvErs are.

cranos.5913

Right because we as PvErs are horrible ppl that make you do all that lmao. We quite obvs decided this for you poor wvwers just to make you suffer.

Likewise for us then, no?, if you dont like to do something buy it of the TP its simple. why not let us buy gift of exploration instead of having to do anything? its asking same thing, just other way around.

I guess the sarcasm was lost on you. Anet made these decisions when they launched the game. Blaming PvE players is not logical.

BlaqueFyre.5678

(hes right to say so)

This is a ridiculous statement. I’m not a WvWer, why would I suggest more WvW friendly legendaries? That’s up to you ppl, not PvErs. The topic at hand is that the reward track is a pain. It’s long and boring and I’m still not actually being useful there. If you feel you should have WvW only legendaries by all means make your own topic about it, but there’s rly no need for this salty bitter QQ about how heartless we PvErs are.

Legendaries were originally designed to require all Game modes to complete, we as WvW players and pvp players have asked time and again to get access to Legendaries without farming gamemodes we don’t enjoy. All they do is add more Legendaries that require Pve, so I have no sympathy for you having to spend 8 hours in WvW to complete a legendary. Just saying you don’t care that other don’t like you game mode but have to grind it for a lot longer time and only want your preferred method of play to be validated…. so get over it you only need to ark for 8 hrs in WvW per legendary and be done with it.

Nozzle.8031

Im sorry but, its not the WvWers complaining here, its the PvE guys moaning about a little bit of WvW and making these threads, but as soon as anyone who does not enjoy PvE counters anything about legendary’s and how we dont enjoy having to spent silly amount of time in PvE you get all defensive, and try and spin off to make it look like its us complaining.

cranos.5913

(hes right to say so)

Legendaries were originally designed to require all Game modes to complete, we as WvW players and pvp players have asked time and again to get access to Legendaries without farming gamemodes we don’t enjoy. All they do is add more Legendaries that require Pve, so I have no sympathy for you having to spend 8 hours in WvW to complete a legendary. Just saying you don’t care that other don’t like you game mode but have to grind it for a lot longer time and only want your preferred method of play to be validated…. so get over it you only need to ark for 8 hrs in WvW per legendary and be done with it.

More WvW bitterness, I don’t need your sympathy but I also don’t need your blame. The players decided none of this. Aside from the reward tracks ofc, I’m actually quite grateful you guys voted for such a broken system. Luckily I just need to afk to get it not actively play that terrible game mode.

And I know full well that anet won’t change this, nor did I start this topic. Still a terrible decision tho lol.

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

Ah this post again, think how WvW and PvP players feel they are forced to grind pve for any Legendary and it takes a lot longer than 8 hrs max of WvW.

Seriously. World competition? The collections/jumping puzzles making Astralaria were horrible. Let us trade 10 gift of battles for one world competition.

Seera.5916

Seriously. World competition? The collections/jumping puzzles making Astralaria were horrible. Let us trade 10 gift of battles for one world competition.

Only thing really comparable to WvW that applies to all legendaries, core and HoT. Especially now that there are dungeon tracks in WvW.

Seera.5916

(hes right to say so)

and what hard for explore hot? not entire world but just handful of annoying map

Allow me to edit ur s..

‘one should research how something make before post make’

OP never mentioned which type of Legendary he was going after.

So he could be going after one of the core Legendary weapons which require the Gift of Exploration. And really, I’d think the WvW players wouldn’t want to deal with exploring the HoT maps either, not to mention the collections for the precursors for those weapons require a lot more PvE than the core ones making up for the quicker overall world completion.

So maybe you should read carefully before you try to correct anyone next time.

And what I meant by the comment was that the OP should look into what it would take to make a legendary before he/she starts to make it. So that he/she doesn’t find any other surprises.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Two wrongs don’t make a right.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Seera.5916

But it’s also not fair to make it so that PvE players can make a legendary without going into a mode they don’t like but at the same time not allow the WvW player who doesn’t like PvE to bypass PvE in order to make the legendary. That’s what BlaqueFyre is alluding to. It always seems like it’s the PvE players complaining about WvW requirements when I’ve yet to see a single thread started by a WvW player complaining about being forced to PvE.

BlaqueFyre.5678

Neither is wrong, it’s the design of the game, some pve players just feel more entitled to the game and not play by the requirements set forth.

cranos.5913

Is it being entitled to say it’s a kitten design? I honestly don’t rly care that I have to wvw, I make too many legendaries and don’t give enough of a crap about achievements that I had to wvw for badges anyway. But this reward track is so terribly passive and long. There’s no efficient farm, no way to speed it up. It’s all locked behind being there for a million years with boosters capping a momument/killing a sentry every 10min and/or more daily crap (as if we don’t have enough of that already). TBH by defending the reward tracks you’re just sabotaging your own gamemode, especially if you’re on a high pop server with queues.

Posted by: Mikal Dynath.6195

Mikal Dynath.6195

A lot of these replies seem focused on the PVE perspective versus the WVW perspective … I think that needlessly clouds the issue.

For myself, I used to play WVW. I enjoyed it and played daily. However, I no longer enjoy it. The friends that I fought alongside have quit long ago and the game, in my opinion, has changed for the worse. That’s just my opinion but it’s mine nevertheless.

Right now, I’m sitting on tens of thousands of Badges of Honor. I have already spent my time in WVW. I have already played more than enough to buy many, many Gifts of Battle … but now I can’t. For some reason, the decision was made to invalidate the time I already invested. This is what seems unfair to me.

Currently the only thing preventing me from finishing C&C is my Gift of Battle. Now I need to go into WVW and pick away at the reward track by getting the dailies.

True, no one is forcing me to do this, (anymore than any of us are ‘forced’ to make any Legendary). The complaint though is that I must to “redo” a task I’ve done countless times over, in order to accomplish this goal.

BlaqueFyre.5678

Is it being entitled to say it’s a kitten design? I honestly don’t rly care that I have to wvw, I make too many legendaries and don’t give enough of a crap about achievements that I had to wvw for badges anyway. But this reward track is so terribly passive and long. There’s no efficient farm, no way to speed it up. It’s all locked behind being there for a million years with boosters capping a momument/killing a sentry every 10min and/or more daily crap (as if we don’t have enough of that already). TBH by defending the reward tracks you’re just sabotaging your own gamemode, especially if you’re on a high pop server with queues.

A million years with boosters?? Ha! It’s only 5 hrs. And takes less than 10 minutes to build full participation. You do care or you would make these largely exaggerated claims.. and no it doesn’t hurt the game mode and I am on a high pop server the farm is faster than any Pve farm that is for sure….

Seera.5916

A lot of these replies seem focused on the PVE perspective versus the WVW perspective … I think that needlessly clouds the issue.

For myself, I used to play WVW. I enjoyed it and played daily. However, I no longer enjoy it. The friends that I fought alongside have quit long ago and the game, in my opinion, has changed for the worse. That’s just my opinion but it’s mine nevertheless.

Right now, I’m sitting on tens of thousands of Badges of Honor. I have already spent my time in WVW. I have already played more than enough to buy many, many Gifts of Battle … but now I can’t. For some reason, the decision was made to invalidate the time I already invested. This is what seems unfair to me.

Currently the only thing preventing me from finishing C&C is my Gift of Battle. Now I need to go into WVW and pick away at the reward track by getting the dailies.

True, no one is forcing me to do this, (anymore than any of us are ‘forced’ to make any Legendary). The complaint though is that I must to “redo” a task I’ve done countless times over, in order to accomplish this goal.

Yea, they should have put in for at least a month afterward a vendor for cashing in Badges of Honor for the Gift of Battle. Especially given how poorly the change was communicated. The announcement that the option would be removed once the reward tracks were out of Beta was in the WvW section of patches which PvE only players tend to skim and may have missed the announcement and then no warning that the reward track was going to be out of beta.

cranos.5913

A million years with boosters?? Ha! It’s only 5 hrs. And takes less than 10 minutes to build full participation. You do care or you would make these largely exaggerated claims.. and no it doesn’t hurt the game mode and I am on a high pop server the farm is faster than any Pve farm that is for sure….

Sure completely misread what I wrote and add more salt lol. At least it’s amusing.

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

it is called Legendary weapon for a reason…. not something that you can simply make by tossing few trivial items into mystic forge… duh !

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

BlaqueFyre.5678

Sure completely misread what I wrote and add more salt lol. At least it’s amusing.

How did I misread?let’s look over your main points.

You say you don’t care you have to WvW, but complain vehemently.

You say that the Reward track is long. Equivalent to a million years as you put it,

But it only takes 5hrs minimum with boosters and 8 hrs max without, yet is a slight fraction compared to the farm of Map completion.

Saying it sabotages the WvW gamemode, yet to get it you have actively participate at least every 10 minute by either capping a Sentry/killing a Doly or take a Shrine that can be used for Bloodlust seems to help out slightly so not a total waste..

No salt I am just stating you guys are blowing this out of proportion for entitlement when this has been a requirement to WvW since launch. And it’s one of the fastest materials needed besides dungeon gifts..

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Follow a blob or get on a dead map if you can. Wvw becomes pve that way.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I find it extremely frustrating that i need to sit in WvW and grind out a reward track for gift of battle.I do not like WvW even a little i have no clue what anet was thinking when they decided to add this im sure most PvE players can agree its absolute crap! just let us buy it with badges or put the track in PvP anything but this.

ANet’s thinking that spending the WvW currency, Badges of Honor, to buy Gift of Battle while you can get said currency outside of WvW contradictory to the intent of playing WvW to get said currency. So now no currency needed just participating in WvW. It’s not that bad, faster if you do the WvW dailies and use the Guild Hall WvW track point booster.

And you don’t even have to be good at player kills.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

cranos.5913

You say that the Reward track is long. Equivalent to a million years as you put it,

But it only takes 5hrs minimum with boosters and 8 hrs max without, yet is a slight fraction compared to the farm of Map completion.

Saying it sabotages the WvW gamemode, yet to get it you have actively participate at least every 10 minute by either capping a Sentry/killing a Doly or take a Shrine that can be used for Bloodlust seems to help out slightly so not a total waste..

No salt I am just stating you guys are blowing this out of proportion for entitlement when this has been a requirement to WvW since launch. And it’s one of the fastest materials needed besides dungeon gifts..

Read over my posts again. I never said pvers shouldn’t have to wvw. I only responded to your salty bs of “how the pvers don’t care QQ”. I still stand by that it’s a horrible design. Timegated stuff rarely feels rewarding and I find the whole thing extremely boring. While map completion is just as bad, at least there’s a sense of progression, but in wvw it’s just doing your time…

Seera.5916

Read over my posts again. I never said pvers shouldn’t have to wvw. I only responded to your salty bs of “how the pvers don’t care QQ”. I still stand by that it’s a horrible design. Timegated stuff rarely feels rewarding and I find the whole thing extremely boring. While map completion is just as bad, at least there’s a sense of progression, but in wvw it’s just doing your time…

And how is it not “just doing your time” in PvE for map completion? There’s progress in WvW. Every few minutes as long as you’re actively playing, you get some progress towards filling up the reward track.

Even if you assume that a player does the WvW reward track for the gift of battle and the PvE map completion with the best efficiency, PvE map completion takes a lot longer to do. Meaning that players that prefer WvW to PvE have more “just doing their time” than you do for WvW.

cranos.5913

And how is it not “just doing your time” in PvE for map completion?

Because you’re actually doing smth, not just waiting around. Defend the system all you like. It promotes afking and keeps WvWers from actually entering wvw.

Posted by: Black Iris Flowers.3418

Black Iris Flowers.3418

For them to be truly legendary weapons, I think it makes less sense to have them bound to a single game mode. Sure it’s more convenient, but the purpose of legendaries is prestige and effort.

cranos.5913

For them to be truly legendary weapons, I think it makes less sense to have them bound to a single game mode. Sure it’s more convenient, but the purpose of legendaries is prestige and effort.

Just effort rly, if it was to be prestigious there would have to be some actual difficulty behind obtaining them and you wouldn’t be able to buy them with a creditcard.

Posted by: Yuigahama.6312

Yuigahama.6312

Why is this argument still going on? PvE people have to spend time in WvW(8hrs) and WvW people have to spend time in PvE(extremely high hrs), and if you don’t like afking in WvW then don’t try actually playing the game whether roaming or following a zerg and give the game mode a go