Wvw, Spvp and Dungeon left to rot

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lufti.4309

Lufti.4309

Hello forums.
I have played this game since the release and i have about 3k hours put into this game.
Since the beginning of 2014 i have been losing hope for this game.

Many areas of the game have been left to “rot” because of the Living Story.
Spvp is pretty much in the same shape it was during the release. (one really meaningful map has been added to the map pool)
Wvw has seen some few additions/tweaks but its also pretty much the same as during the release (the new Map Edge of the Mists is really just big farm and uncoordinated zerging that matters little to none to “real” wvw). Dungeons are also in the same spot.

Big thing that GW2 is also lacking is the content for more hardcore players. (and i don’t mean gear grinding lets make that clear). Most of the dungeons are just facerolling bosses that rarely manage to do anything because:

A. They are melted by Berzerker gear and with that they skip mechanics. or
B. Because they are melted by Berzerker gear and they do absolutely nothing!

What i suggest is to redesign encounters that they need more than just dpsing the boss and outliving it like the Clockwork in Aetherpath (which has very simple mechanic mind you) Also adding new full dungeons (with story mode and 3 explorable modes) would be very much appreciated.
I am also aware that raids are most likely coming in near or far future and i am very happy to hear that.

For SPvP i suggest that they add new gamemodes, even just one. Conquest is very good gamemode but its starting to get pretty monotonous. Normal Deathmatch would be easy and welcoming addition to the arena matchmaking.
Gamemodes like HA in gw1 would be absolutely amazing addition to the spvp and i still find it odd that they didn’t have something like it in the release. I don’t mention GvG because its most likely coming in the future.
The big thing that makes Mobas so successful and “balanced” PvP games is that they are updated much often regarding the balance. GW2 is getting balance update every 4-6 months and that is just too long time in some cases.

WvW in my opinion needs a new map. Replacing Eternal Battlegrounds with some other map would be good idea and Eb and the new map would rotate between the weeks, making matchups a bit more diverse.
Reworking existing borderlands to all have their own theme would keep things balanced (Tundra, Desert, Grassland) and more varied.

Each of these also need to have more rewards that you can only get by doing them. Glorious armor for spvp was very good decision and they should add more.
Wvw also needs these kind of unique skins that you can only acquire by playing wvw.

I enjoy Living Story a lot because i am huge lore fan, but i am seeing it hurting many areas of the game in exchange for few hours of new lore and gameplay.

*Edit Grammar

(edited by Lufti.4309)

Posted by: Butter.3024

Butter.3024

Doubt they will listen

Anet is obsessed with releasing contents that only fun for the first 30 mins and doesn’t care about good quality replayable contents for some reason

It’s dungeons PVP and wvw that keep people playing this game for 2 years, not some living story bullcrap. But most of us are already burnt out, the same response I get from everyone is there’s nothing new and interesting

Might as well patent GW2 amazing combat system and develop a new game cus if Anet think LS is the future then GW2 will die in a year or two

(edited by Butter.3024)

Posted by: VodCom.6924

VodCom.6924

Doubt they will listen

Anet is obsessed with releasing contents that only fun for the first 30 mins and doesn’t care about good quality replayable contents for some reason

It’s dungeons PVP and wvw that keep people playing this game for 2 years, not some living story bullcrap

No. It’s grinding for a reward that keeps a lot of people playing, be it in dungeons/megabosses or any other kind of PvE content. And the living story is great and fun for more than 30 min for me at least

This focus on dungeon is just the legacy of classic MMO game design model. You should not it obscure you.

As for PvP : is that creating multiple tournament series not enough ?

TL; DR : the more the devil has, the more he wants.

Known as Reegar Else, Linda Else, Xiana Else and Thorgall Breakstone

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

I went to play one of those holy trinity mmorpg. And find out how plain the dungeon design is.

Yet the holy trinity mechanism is enough to make some strategy and fun out of really plan boss design.

Anet probably need to work double hard to make interesting fight with their combat system. I think that’s partially what attributes to the lack of adding more dungeons.

And even if they added more dungeon, people are reluctant to do it unless the rewards is really good.

I’m personally a dungeon guy. That’s what keeps me from playing mmorpg. So if anyone tells me dungeon isn’t important, that’s to you, not me.

Posted by: Butter.3024

Butter.3024

Doubt they will listen

It’s dungeons PVP and wvw that keep people playing this game for 2 years, not some living story bullcrap

No. It’s grinding for a reward that keeps a lot of people playing, be it in dungeons/megabosses or any other kind of PvE content. And the living story is great and fun for more than 30 min for me at least

This focus on dungeon is just the legacy of classic MMO game design model. You should not it obscure you.

As for PvP : is that creating multiple tournament series not enough ?

TL; DR : the more the devil has, the more he wants.

Im not sure about you but everyone I know never ever wanna redo the Living Story again. Only about half or more do it again for the achievements, but then bye bye never touch it again. Not to mention there’s also a ton of people who doesn’t even touch the LS

PvP has been the same since launch, there’s no new game modes or maps (PLS don’t say skyhammer), the ladder itself is broken, 4v5, if the game itself is not even interesting to play who would watch it #esports

GW2 is getting stale because the good replayable contents have been played for 2 years, all we get is 30 mins of facerolling in LS which requires no skill no depth nothing. LS is cool but it shouldn’t be the primary content that Anet focus most of their resources into. Dungeons, PvP, WvW, and possibly raid, is.