Yak's Bend - BV- Event Thread

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

Hello players,

We, Blackwater Vanguard, will be hosting a event every 2 weeks that will have a reward of 10g! The event may be lore related, hide and seek, or something else that is fun!

How it works : A few days before the event, we will post the location that it will take place and any other information we wish to give out about it. We are trying to choose locations that are not visited often, but are very cool.

Requirements: None! Doesn’t matter your level, guild, or class; you can participate!

Tonight we had our first event and it was a great turnout! It was around 15 members! We had a tie between two lucky winners, so we gave them both 10g! Some pics from the event are linked here, http://imgur.com/a/HPeSQ . It was held in Ebonhawke (an amazing mini capital city) at the local tavern. It was very fun!

If you have any questions please post them. We will be happy to answer them.

This event is funded and brought to you by Blackwater Vanguard.

If the turnout is big, we may increase the prizes or offer a 2nd and 3rd place.

(edited by Deified.7520)

Posted by: Tulki.1458

Tulki.1458

Uhhh you might want to revise your reward. Apparently the gold buyer detection algorithm is lazy and will automatically and permanently ban accounts of characters that receive large sums of gold in the mail with no investigation. So you might end up getting the winner banned.

Posted by: Boose.6201

Boose.6201

We gave two people 10g last night, i will check with them to see if they had any issues!.

Yea we don’t want to get people banned.

EDIT i was able to contact one of the two winners and they are still playing and have had the gold since yesterday.

(edited by Boose.6201)

Posted by: markob.4398

markob.4398

Uhhh you might want to revise your reward. Apparently the gold buyer detection algorithm is lazy and will automatically and permanently ban accounts of characters that receive large sums of gold in the mail with no investigation. So you might end up getting the winner banned.

Where’d you come by this information?

Posted by: Bastion.2457

Bastion.2457

Don’t be a turnip. I work for a massive MMo myself, and that’s not in any way how things work. There are literally thousands of things going on in the background to monitor unusual transactions, and tonnes of criteria, aswell as appeals when incorrectly actioned.

It continues to amaze me how people think the people running these insanely complex and fantastic works of art are bottom dwelling braindead morons. These people are very very smart, very well educated, and while they make mistakes, they don’t run things on simple algorhythms. These games are literally running on an entire language of complexity above that which the playerbase in general could never understand.

(edited by Bastion.2457)

Deified.7520

We will take your concern into consideration. However, I don’t feel small amounts of gold such as 1-20g will raise an alarm. If this were true, then those people who are making 50g+ on items in the TP would be in trouble, this is also true with Gem buyers. But we will look out for it.

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

Where’d you come by this information?

Dulfy is a VERY well known player. She runs the namesake MMO fansite Dulfy.net, is a shining example of the community; she even has an NPC named after her they added in the fractals patch.

After someone sent her some gold thanking her for all the nice stuff she does, arenanet banned her for gold buying; they unbanned when they realised their error of course; but if they knee-jerk ban players as upstanding and well known as Dulfy; what hope do we plebs have?

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

Posted by: Diviner.7405

Diviner.7405

A friend of mine was banned for sending his girlfriend 39g. A shame really, cause if he is not unbanned, half of his guild is likely to quit and move on to a different game.

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

Arena net will not care if they leave, you know this right? Why? Because they already earned their money off the retail box or software download. Since there is no monthly fee there really isn’t a reason to care.

I don’t think they would really do anything over 10 gold to be honest though. I mean that is a low amount. If they did ban a legit account then I’m pretty sure all heck would break loose. I mean we all can see with our own eyes how bad of a bot problem we have regardless of how many they have already taken out. Any zone sit at a gather node, any type, and watch out many people are using the teleport hack to gather

Better yet, hit any of the lvl 70 – 80 zones and sit at the portal spawn. Tell me what you see? I’ll tell you since I frap’s it yesterday while working on my world map completion. All you see are bots teleporting to a known location to start their routine. Nothing but guardian after guardian after warrior after ranger. Insta pop up, then poof, gone. Same thing over and over all with names like asf, aadc, etc. 90% of the time you can’t even click them to report because their programs are so quick.

So yeah, they ban someone for sending 10 gold then might as well ban everyone because that is nothing compared to the bigger issues on hand. Personal opinion.

To the OP – nice idea and good way to get people together.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

Posted by: Tulki.1458

Tulki.1458

Don’t be a turnip. I work for a massive MMo myself, and that’s not in any way how things work. There are literally thousands of things going on in the background to monitor unusual transactions, and tonnes of criteria, aswell as appeals when incorrectly actioned.

It continues to amaze me how people think the people running these insanely complex and fantastic works of art are bottom dwelling braindead morons. These people are very very smart, very well educated, and while they make mistakes, they don’t run things on simple algorhythms. These games are literally running on an entire language of complexity above that which the playerbase in general could never understand.

Thank you for stating you work on -another- MMO (not this one), which is a fancy way of saying you have no knowledge of how this one works. Also, this happened to Dulfy, a well-known player. Automatic ban with no investigation.

Deified.7520

A little update for everyone. The event will be held this Saturday, Jan 12th at 8-9 EST (5-6 Server time).

We have chosen the location: Kormir Shrine in Divinity reach. http://imgur.com/a/2uNhJ#3
Location on Map: http://imgur.com/7bi5A , a little south of the Ebonhawke Asuran Portal (look where my player marker is)

As we get closer we will release information on what the contest are going to be (we have a lot planned) so stay tuned!

Deified.7520

Hello everyone, I will be announcing the first contest to give you guys some time to prepare! The best dye combo contest! People who enter the contest will design their best dye combinations! We will be judging on looks, not on who is wearing the most expensive dye. The winner will receive 10 unidentified dyes! The rest of the contests that will take place in the event will be announced tomorrow, a few hours before it starts! Right now we have over 40g in rewards that are being offered!

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Might want to post in yaksbend.com too.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Deified.7520

Done. Also let me clarify the start time. It will be at 5pm tomorrow, Saturday the 12th. It will start at 5pm SERVER TIME (This is 8pm EST)

Deified.7520

Today is the day for our 2nd event! Remember it will be at 5PM server time. I will now reveal the final contest information!

1. Lore Trivia. We will be asking questions about both Guild Wars 1 and Guild Wars 2 Lore! So read up on it! First place wins 15g, Second place wins 10g, and third wins 5g. The way it works is that we will ask a question. First person to say the answer in say chat gets a point. 1 point per question. If there is a tie for any of the 3 places, we will have a tie breaker question. Person with the most points wins 1st.

2. Find the hiding Norn. A norn, which will be me, will hide some where in Divinitys Reach. It could be anywhere in the city. This contest will be done 3 times. The first person to find me each time will win 5 ectos. So if you find me all three times, you get 15 ectos!

So three contest all together. Dye, Trivia, and find the hiding norn! Hope to see everyone there

Deified.7520

We had a great turnout tonight! Lots of fun all around. We had about 20+ people show up (so many that we had a culling issue for a bit haha). Everything Went smoothly, trivia had a 3 way tie for 2nd. it was very interesting.

Pictures before event beings: http://imgur.com/a/4rG5F#0

Pictures of some of the winners from all the events: http://imgur.com/a/4rG5F#1

Next one will be in about 2 weeks!

Deified.7520

Hello Yak’s Bend! Its the time again! For this week we will be doing something a bit different.
Costume Brawl tournament! This is in part to celebrate the coming of Flame and Frost!

How it works

There will be two teams. 5 people per team! One to represent Flame (all red shade dye) and one to represent Frost (all blue shade dye). These two teams will each send one member to go against the other team members, so 5 1v1s. The team with the most overall wins will win the game! The winning team gets a gold reward!

How to Join.
If you wish to participate, you must first assemble a team of 5 players (including yourself). Once you have found your team, you must send me a message on here or in game (by sending a mail to Deified.7520). The first 2 people to send me the message will be the two teams. So it is a first come first serve!

Rules:

1v1 Only. First player to lose all of his costume health will lose. Once a player has lost, the next two people will enter the arena.

Location and Time. The event will take place on Saturday between 1:00 PM and 7:00 PM server time. The exact time and location will be disclosed once the teams have been selected (only to the participants).

So you have about a day to form your teams! It is a first come first serve basis, so whoever forms their team first and sends me their names (there should be a total of 5 counting yourself) will be selected to partake in the event!

I wish all the participants luck! If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Remember, only players who are apart of the yak’s bend server! If I find your team is not a part of our home server, you will be disqualified and another team will be selected. So even if I say your team was too late, you may still want to be on hand! Just in case one team has a problem.

Deified.7520

Just to clarify the amount of gold being awarded to the winning players is still being decided. (It will be a reasonable amount however, nothing cheap)

Deified.7520

Hello Everyone. I know its been awhile. If you hadn’t noticed, we decided not to keep doing events every 2 weeks. We just weren’t getting a lot of people to come, so we thought that doing one so often made it less special. So we decided to try to tie them into big server events from anet (such as big patches) and real life holidays. With Easter coming and the release of the most recent march patch, we decided to host one in celebration of Easter!

The event will be simple. In the Busted Flaggon in Divintys Reach (West commons, west of the entry when you enter Divintys reach from queensdale). It will be a mix of a party/dye contest. It will start out with a banquet at 6pm EST and will last about an hour. We will stick around and socialize. Discuss tactics, the game, things like that. Everyone is invited. Sometime during the party we will begin the Dye contest. Just like our 2nd event a few months ago, people will pick out their best clothes and dye them to their satisfaction (just like when you dye an egg for easter! Teehee). How we will be judging will not be disclosed, however pick your best clothes and dye them to look great! The winner of the dye contest will receive 10g.

So in short. Tomorrow, 3/31/2013, a Server wide Party/ Dye contest will be hold at The Busted Flaggon in Divinitys Reach. It will begin at 6pm EST and will last about an hour. The winner of the dye contest will receive 10g. Everyone is invited, no matter your level!

Deified.7520

The Easter Day Party/ Dye will begin in about 5 hours and 40 mins! The winner of the dye contest will receive 10g, so bring your A game. This is also a social occasion so come on down and talk with the players. Ask questions about classes and the game, discuss upcoming games, etc.

Hope to see you all there, have a good easter.

Deified.7520

The event will be starting in about 5 mins!

Deified.7520

The event was a smashing success and was very fun! Congratulations to the person who won the 10g! Here are some pictures form the party.

http://imgur.com/a/jJooy#0