Yay, news: Point of No Return!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

I’m perfectly happy with all the activities, the decorations and NPCs, minis, mobs, random events, and heck even the rewards returning exactly the same as they were. I wanted a continuation of the story, even if only presented in a few short instances like the Bloody Prince was last year.

Posted by: narwhalsbend.7059

narwhalsbend.7059

“stories with roots deep in the very heart of Guild Wars lore”
AKA
“we changed everything you remember and loved from Guild Wars so that its now all about elder dragons and nothing else”

Posted by: Arewn.2368

Arewn.2368

Yay holidays. Holidays are good, and no change is no surprise. They’ve said from the beginning that these would be re-usable things (disappointing they didn’t do so for Dragon Bash though).

Posted by: LostBalloon.6423

LostBalloon.6423

I think they’re going to muck it up and do something stupid with the LS ending.

That’s the spirit!

. (-:

Chris

Well, as much as I won’t get my hopes up, prove him wrong with the content.

Posted by: KngGilgamesh.3481

KngGilgamesh.3481

Why couldn’t they have used the 2012 version of the festivals??

So we’re both disappointed, me I wanted an Halloween that made sense you know, a real 2014 Lion’s Arch the one that is destroyed, not going back in time and pretend it wasn’t because it saves on new work.

However if it does happen in the LA that was destroyed I’ll be happy. If we have to go back in time and pretend, I’ll most likely will pretend there is no 2014 Holloween.

We won’t be going back in time. It will still be the new LA, at least according to the pictures released in China.

Posted by: Chris Whiteside.6102

Previous

Chris Whiteside.6102

Studio Design Director

Next

That’s the spirit!

. (-:

Chris

Exactly. We are doing our very best to do just that.

Chris

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

Shouldn’t we hurry up and finish rebuilding LA? King Thorn might not be pleased if he sees his favorite city in ruins and he didn’t even get to do it.

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Well that would be consistent with the entirety of the LS so far, so.. why not!

That’s the spirit!

. (-:

Chris

Lets all make fun of Palador instead of the “story”, Woooo!

Not making fun of Palador at all. He has been a good contributor on the forums and I have read many of his ideas and discussions on CDI. It’s a friendly dig.

Chris

::nods::

What I’m actually worried about is that they’ll have something set up that sounds outstanding to them, but when it hits live and we get a chance to play through it, either unforeseen problems or just seeing things from a different point of view than the devs that worked on it will cause it to be less than well received.

Take the part of Season 2 where they used a lot of open world events. Seemed good on paper, and I’m sure they worked well on their test sever. But when a ton of players hit, things went wrong and opinions soured quickly.

This is going to be the end of Season Two LS. I don’t worry about them saying “It’s the big climax, let’s do something boring and lame.” What I worry about is them saying “Let’s do something huge and awesome”, and then the game itself failing them when the time comes. It’ll be a bad decision to have done things that way, but only in hindsight and it’s not something they can live in fear of.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Malkavian.4516

Malkavian.4516

Looking forward to the new update.

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

Posted by: DarkOcean.8746

DarkOcean.8746

• Holiday event (beloved holiday event) tomorrow

Shadow of the Mad King?
Please say there can be some combination of the 2012/2013 Halloweens to bring back Ascent to Madness and the backpiece scavenger hunt for those that missed it. I know the decision isn’t yours to make; it’s just Shadow of the Mad King blew away Blood and Madness in every aspect possible, in my opinion.

1. The lore and scavenger hunt were a ton of fun. It pushed you to visit places that you’d normally never go. I know I’ve never been back to the catacombs in Bloodtide Coast since 2012. It also, obviously, enriched Tyria with some nice juicy history.

2. Beating up on Mad King Thorn in Ascent to Madness while playing Mad King Says. I mean, really. Amazing and fun stuff. The dungeon disappeared without a word in 2013.

3. The Labyrinth not being overly snare happy (Immobilization was changed to stack with Blood and Madness) and the bosses not being ultra damage sponges.

4. The failed Mad King cutscene that didn’t render for me, but I still remember it fondly.

5. Debatable, but I liked the Clocktower jumping puzzle in 2012 because I could see other players in their normal attire while we attempted it. It was a bit cluttered, sure, but I found it entirely hilarious when a big meaty Norn fell to their demise as opposed to some faceless wisp. It was really like watching a horror movie where people were slowly being picked off. If I also remember correctly, you couldn’t queue with friends in 2013’s edition. Another deal breaker.

I resented Blood and Madness for taking all these things away from me (and other players).

Previous

Chris Whiteside.6102

Studio Design Director

Next

Well that would be consistent with the entirety of the LS so far, so.. why not!

That’s the spirit!

. (-:

Chris

Lets all make fun of Palador instead of the “story”, Woooo!

Not making fun of Palador at all. He has been a good contributor on the forums and I have read many of his ideas and discussions on CDI. It’s a friendly dig.

Chris

::nods::

What I’m actually worried about is that they’ll have something set up that sounds outstanding to them, but when it hits live and we get a chance to play through it, either unforeseen problems or just seeing things from a different point of view than the devs that worked on it will cause it to be less than well received.

Take the part of Season 2 where they used a lot of open world events. Seemed good on paper, and I’m sure they worked well on their test sever. But when a ton of players hit, things went wrong and opinions soured quickly.

This is going to be the end of Season Two LS. I don’t worry about them saying “It’s the big climax, let’s do something boring and lame.” What I worry about is them saying “Let’s do something huge and awesome”, and then the game itself failing them when the time comes. It’ll be a bad decision to have done things that way, but only in hindsight and it’s not something they can live in fear of.

Agreed. We have to work darn hard!

Chris

Previous

Chris Whiteside.6102

Studio Design Director

Next

Looking forward to the new update.

Me to!

Chris

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

If there’s not an asura-firing catapult designed for, I mean, by Councilor Phlunt . . . there is no justice.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Previous

Chris Whiteside.6102

Studio Design Director

Next

If there’s not an asura-firing catapult designed for, I mean, by Councilor Phlunt . . . there is no justice.

I want trebuchet launched Asuran Special Forces so bad…..

Chris

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Chris

Maybe if we wish really hard, Toymaker Tixx can set something up.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

Re-used holidays are a staple.

Only in Guild Wars is the content completely recycled. Most games use previous events but add more content, not just rewards.

Personally I am not pleased that the focus of Halloween has been shifted to the dire living story. Anyway if last year is anything to go by, we will have even less Halloween content to play with.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

Posted by: Jaher Dal.9503

Jaher Dal.9503

Can we have Tix visit all the main cities again like the first year?

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

Any teasers or hints as to what we’ll see in these new Wintersday rewards?

(I love spoilers)

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Posted by: Malkavian.4516

Malkavian.4516

I have to say, the months of a lack of LS since then isn’t very ideal considering the momentum felt broken to me. I hope that once November rolls around and the update does get released, it will be worth the wait. Because as I play the Living Story chapters, as good as they are as additional levels, the episodes beat around the bush a bit more than I would have liked and that’s not a good thing for me.

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Only in Guild Wars is the content completely recycled. Most games use previous events but add more content, not just rewards.

Really? I poked my head in Brewfest in WoW, and have done some of the Halloween stuff these past few days (I’m not deeply invested in going back to WoW — heck, waiting in queue for Headless Horseman until a guildie joined as a healer to make the queue pop reminded me fast of some real pitfalls — but I have some unresolved RP from years ago, and I wanted to see the new models). They looked identical to what I remember from years past, just with some vaguely new rewards, and of course more candy buckets thanks to the whole island of Pandaria having them. All my event achieves are still there; for Halloween the only new achievement lies in doing the aforesaid Pandarian candy buckets.

So yeah, I think “only in Guild Wars” doesn’t fly, here.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Really? I poked my head in Brewfest in WoW, and have done some of the Halloween stuff these past few days (I’m not deeply invested in going back to WoW — heck, waiting in queue for Headless Horseman until a guildie joined as a healer to make the queue pop reminded me fast of some real pitfalls — but I have some unresolved RP from years ago, and I wanted to see the new models). They looked identical to what I remember from years past, just with some vaguely new rewards, and of course more candy buckets thanks to the whole island of Pandaria having them. All my event achieves are still there; for Halloween the only new achievement lies in doing the aforesaid Pandarian candy buckets.

So yeah, I think “only in Guild Wars” doesn’t fly, here.

Yeah, CoH recycled a lot of their holiday stuff, too.

Mind you, I loved and miss CoH Trick or Treat and the Ski Chalet from the winter event.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: ipan.4356

ipan.4356

None of this will make me re-install.

Where’s the expansion?

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

Honestly Chris, I am not interested.

I am not interested in the LS and it’s direction.
I am not interested in re-hashed holliday material.

I am interested in an expansion that is long overdue.
I am interested in trebuchet launched Asuran Special Forces.
I am interested in an expansion….oh, ya I said that already

Little reason to login
GL tho GW2 has potential still !

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

Posted by: Deathmond.7328

Deathmond.7328

Guys, just stop to hype…

Posted by: ipan.4356

ipan.4356

“Point of No Return” may have been a prophetically accurate title for the next episode, as I think many people will never be returning to GW2…

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

All I want for Christmas…errr Wintersday….is Super Adventure Box, even if only available through my personal instance or something, I just want it back

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

Posted by: BenGrech.3912

BenGrech.3912

Agreed. We have to work darn hard!

Chris

You can dooooo iittt

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

“Point of No Return” may have been a prophetically accurate title for the next episode, as I think many people will never be returning to GW2…

Based on your opinion, but certainly the game hasn’t seen the falloff of players so many doomsayers are claiming.

You don’t like the game, you don’t play the game, but it makes your opinion completely biased. Plenty of people do like and play the game, as evidenced by sites that track player hours and unique log ins.

Just stop making stuff up all already.

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

If the event is going to be a repeat anyway, I’d love to see Ascent to Madness return. I was busy with the end of a Masters in 2012 and didn’t get the chance to do it (partially, admittedly, because I mistakenly thought it was a five-man dungeon and, well, at the time trying to get a group was just too much effort).

I really want to know what’s being done in terms of adding to character progression. I distinctly remember back a year a ago, there was a blog by Colin in which he said Anet will regularly add new skills and traits to progress characters.

Has there been a change of plans?

We’ve had a few – the new heal skills and the new grandmaster traits. It’s been a slow pace, though – I’d love to see some more significant additions like new weapons (or opening up existing weapons to more professions) or the pace being accelerated in general.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

Sigh more new pve content , when the spvp community is on LIFE SUPPORT

Good luck gw2 !

[WM]give us in game ladder

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Sigh more new pve content , when the spvp community is on LIFE SUPPORT

Good luck gw2 !

They are adding a Halloween PVP Track!!!!!! YAY

Posted by: KarlaGrey.5903

KarlaGrey.5903

Here’s hoping the 2012 skins/minis are available this year.

They’ll be coming back for sure! In a special limited-time offer at the gem store, of course.
Or in exchange for killing a million skritts (pve), doliaks (wvw), or players (pvp).

RIP ‘gf left me coz of ladderboard’ Total views: 71,688 Total posts: 363

Posted by: VergilDeZaniah.3295

VergilDeZaniah.3295

The only thing I’m disappointed about re-used Halloween events is that it somehow “breaks” the continuity of the Halloween storyline. It was fun to have this kind of Underworld Madness unleashed on Tyria just for some days.

However, I do assume that re-used events mean less time to work on them, so it’s easy to believe that most of their time and resources went into something big for LS2.

I try to mitigate myself but I can’t help being thrilled to see what’s coming next especially since it is stated to be focused on the lore, something that the game was lacking! Also I try not to believe the “we are so hyped” from the devs (sorry guys) because, as stated before, sometimes it was more of a damp squib than an experience that left me speechless.

I do however have faith in you (eternal optimistic), and I do hope that some of your mistakes were the best experience you had to release something worth the name of Guild Wars I am looking forward to being Nov. 4th (two weeks) and I do believe it’s gonna be unforgettable, and this time in a positive way

Guild leader of The Nephilim of Elysium.

Son of Elonia.

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

just my 2 cents i am quite excited about the living story and think connecting to existing lore is the way to go.
i took a break not long before halloween last year and didnt come back until the start of season 2 because the stuff that was happening felt so disconnected from the lore, there were some cool ideas but i was always thinking what is the point when all these other cool things that already exist are being sidelined. learning it all led to mordremoth made that connection but unfortunately by that time due to the format of season 1 it was too late to play that missed content.

on the positive side that news brought me back to the game and another bonus is that i didnt play last years halloween and wintersday content so any new stuff that was added that year will still be new for me this year

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

Vayne.8563

OP, reused holidays is the industry standard for a reason. Not many companies want to make a brand new 2 or 3 week event every year, just for that week. It’s a terrible waste of resources, just as making one time, temporary content for Guild Wars 2 was a terrible waste of resources.

People complained about that one time content and now you’re saying if we don’t get a hint of something new it’s time to move on?

Maybe if every game had completely new stuff every year, you’d have some kind of point, but most new stuff on holidays are small changes here and there, not big massive ones.

I think you’re expecting way too much from a developer.

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

You know, I play this other, enormous MMO called Real Life. And every year the holiday events are pretty much the same. There is this big one in the Winter called Christmas and every year we do the exact same things to prepare for the festivities and pretty much the same things over the few days the main event lasts. The rewards, a.k.a. presents, are usually not all the same as previous year, but some may be.

It is called tradition to do things the same way to celebrate the same thing year after year.

Posted by: Boneheart.3561

Boneheart.3561

That’s the spirit!

. (-:

Chris

Exactly. We are doing our very best to do just that.

Chris

Cantha expansion confirmed and promised, get hyped!

Thanks, you guys, I almost lost hope. RNG, Barack Obama, manifesto, content. Did I cover all the buzzwords?

VergilDeZaniah.3295

OP, reused holidays is the industry standard for a reason. Not many companies want to make a brand new 2 or 3 week event every year, just for that week. It’s a terrible waste of resources, just as making one time, temporary content for Guild Wars 2 was a terrible waste of resources.

I’m talking about the continuity of a side-storyline. I don’t mind having re-used events, it is indeed a waste of resources, but we were used to get something about MKT & family around this time. We are on 2 extremes here: either we get news temporary things we will never see again (2012), or we will repeat last year’s events with tiny additions (2014). What could have been done was adding a new tiny chain of quests each year, re-using last year’s events.

People complained about that one time content and now you’re saying if we don’t get a hint of something new it’s time to move on?

This time I’m talking about the general direction of the game. The game is still young and, if after 2 years, all we have is re-used content without any hint of new things, that’s pretty much as waiting for GW3 to be released, as we would be on auto-pilot.

Maybe if every game had completely new stuff every year, you’d have some kind of point, but most new stuff on holidays are small changes here and there, not big massive ones.

I do agree. As I said, 2012 and 2013 were so different from one another that 2014 was expected to be so too (most people on the forum complained about the re-used 2013 theme). I don’t expect too much of developers, I know it’s hard to fight on many fronts at once. However, we are advertised to witness such hard work, nobody ever said “we were too optmistic it will be slower than expected”. I know it is, but it never appeared as such, therefore it is safe to assume they will stick to their commitment.

To be clear: I don’t mind re-used overall shapes of events with tiny twists to give a new experience, but I do hope than 3 months break + re-used events mean we are getting huge improvements and fixes on the game in general. If LS2 happens to be a damp squib, and if most bugs are still present, I hope you won’t mind if many people complain about the time they took to do nothing. However I do believe that we will be quite surprised by LS2, its ending, and the future of the game.

Son of Elonia.

Vayne.8563

I’m talking about the continuity of a side-storyline. I don’t mind having re-used events, it is indeed a waste of resources, but we were used to get something about MKT & family around this time. We are on 2 extremes here: either we get news temporary things we will never see again (2012), or we will repeat last year’s events with tiny additions (2014). What could have been done was adding a new tiny chain of quests each year, re-using last year’s events.

This time I’m talking about the general direction of the game. The game is still young and, if after 2 years, all we have is re-used content without any hint of new things, that’s pretty much as waiting for GW3 to be released, as we would be on auto-pilot.

I do agree. As I said, 2012 and 2013 were so different from one another that 2014 was expected to be so too (most people on the forum complained about the re-used 2013 theme). I don’t expect too much of developers, I know it’s hard to fight on many fronts at once. However, we are advertised to witness such hard work, nobody ever said “we were too optmistic it will be slower than expected”. I know it is, but it never appeared as such, therefore it is safe to assume they will stick to their commitment.

To be clear: I don’t mind re-used overall shapes of events with tiny twists to give a new experience, but I do hope than 3 months break + re-used events mean we are getting huge improvements and fixes on the game in general. If LS2 happens to be a damp squib, and if most bugs are still present, I hope you won’t mind if many people complain about the time they took to do nothing. However I do believe that we will be quite surprised by LS2, its ending, and the future of the game.

People will complain anyway. If the game is buggy they’ll complain about bugs. If it’s too hard, or too easy or too hot or too cold, or too blue or too green….people are going to complain. This forum isn’t close to as bad as most MMOs forums so many would think we have less to complain about.

I have my own complaints…but I’m pretty sure most of them will never be addressed. So I either play the game and enjoy it, or I don’t play the game. I don’t suggest leaving or threaten to leave if something I don’t like happens.

VergilDeZaniah.3295

People will complain anyway. If the game is buggy they’ll complain about bugs. If it’s too hard, or too easy or too hot or too cold, or too blue or too green….people are going to complain. This forum isn’t close to as bad as most MMOs forums so many would think we have less to complain about.

I have my own complaints…but I’m pretty sure most of them will never be addressed. So I either play the game and enjoy it, or I don’t play the game. I don’t suggest leaving or threaten to leave if something I don’t like happens.

I care too much about the game to simply leave it and uninstall it. I’m just underlining the general idea of people who are passionate about the game: all I personally do is wait for new content, as I barely play any other game. However, I will certainly take a break if the game keeps on going round and round. Most of us always have been way too optimistic, and on some emotional rollercoaster (to exaggerate), and we would like to show that not keeping the flame ablaze could be harmful in the long term, even to the new recruits the game seems to be aiming for.

If people complain about problem A or B and nobody follows, that’s just human nature. If people unite under the banner of problem C and nothing is done about, it’s normal to keep on showing their concern (hobosacks for example, or clumsily implemented trait system).

Do you think people would complain if they didn’t like the game? They complain because they do. They could simply ignore the fact some parts of the game are now less enjoyable, or some game breaking bugs that take way too long to be fixed, and leave never to come back. But they want to be part of the game and keep it enjoyable. Those who complain are those who want to stay, but I assume that there are many more who don’t complain and simply leave.

Son of Elonia.

Vayne.8563

I care too much about the game to simply leave it and uninstall it. I’m just underlining the general idea of people who are passionate about the game: all I personally do is wait for new content, as I barely play any other game. However, I will certainly take a break if the game keeps on going round and round. Most of us always have been way too optimistic, and on some emotional rollercoaster (to exaggerate), and we would like to show that not keeping the flame ablaze could be harmful in the long term, even to the new recruits the game seems to be aiming for.

If people complain about problem A or B and nobody follows, that’s just human nature. If people unite under the banner of problem C and nothing is done about, it’s normal to keep on showing their concern (hobosacks for example, or clumsily implemented trait system).

Do you think people would complain if they didn’t like the game? They complain because they do. They could simply ignore the fact some parts of the game are now less enjoyable, or some game breaking bugs that take way too long to be fixed, and leave never to come back. But they want to be part of the game and keep it enjoyable. Those who complain are those who want to stay, but I assume that there are many more who don’t complain and simply leave.

I’m saying the people who post on this forum are a tiny minority of the game’s population and if we suddenly evaporated, I don’t think it would affect the bottom line as much as you do.

Sure I care about the game. But no matter what I think or don’t think, this game is going to continue with or without me. It’s not going anywhere, whether I personally like something or not. That’s the difference between me and a lot of forum posters. I know I’m a minority.

So I can come here and beat my chest and threaten to leave or incite others to leave and it will accomplished absolutely nothing.

This thread has a tldr; that basically says if Halloween is a repeat is it over. Of course it’s not over. It’s not even close to being over.

It’s not even a big enough deal to stop playing over. It’s the last thing I’d worry about because it’s three weeks and it’s gone, after which new content is coming out. And people will log in to play that new content.

I’m feeling pretty disenfranchised as a confirmed altoholic lately but I realize very very few people by percentage play the way I do, or have the number of characters I do. I was discussing it was someone in my guild just yesterday, complaining about the new trait system and you know, he said it doesn’t bother him at all. Because he has one character. It’s something he does, unlocks all the traits and he’s done. He said most people don’t care, no matter what the forum says…and I think he’s right.

This problem is mine. Anet knows the problem exists. Eventually they’re either going to do something about it, or they’re not going to do something about it. The less reason I have to make new characters, the less reason I have to play, and it doesn’t matter at all. Not to the future of the game.

Making the game better for me isn’t necessarily making the game better. It’s just making the game better for me. It will either happen or it won’t.

But caring about the game and suggesting what say we leave if it’s the same holiday event…that’s just silly to me.

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

Which was essentially the GW1 model. Most of the work for the holiday events was done in the first year, but there were little things added in the repeats.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

VergilDeZaniah.3295

I’m saying the people who post on this forum are a tiny minority of the game’s population and if we suddenly evaporated, I don’t think it would affect the bottom line as much as you do.

Sure I care about the game. But no matter what I think or don’t think, this game is going to continue with or without me. It’s not going anywhere, whether I personally like something or not. That’s the difference between me and a lot of forum posters. I know I’m a minority.

So I can come here and beat my chest and threaten to leave or incite others to leave and it will accomplished absolutely nothing.

This thread has a tldr; that basically says if Halloween is a repeat is it over. Of course it’s not over. It’s not even close to being over.

It’s not even a big enough deal to stop playing over. It’s the last thing I’d worry about because it’s three weeks and it’s gone, after which new content is coming out. And people will log in to play that new content.

I’m feeling pretty disenfranchised as a confirmed altoholic lately but I realize very very few people by percentage play the way I do, or have the number of characters I do. I was discussing it was someone in my guild just yesterday, complaining about the new trait system and you know, he said it doesn’t bother him at all. Because he has one character. It’s something he does, unlocks all the traits and he’s done. He said most people don’t care, no matter what the forum says…and I think he’s right.

This problem is mine. Anet knows the problem exists. Eventually they’re either going to do something about it, or they’re not going to do something about it. The less reason I have to make new characters, the less reason I have to play, and it doesn’t matter at all. Not to the future of the game.

Making the game better for me isn’t necessarily making the game better. It’s just making the game better for me. It will either happen or it won’t.

But caring about the game and suggesting what say we leave if it’s the same holiday event…that’s just silly to me.

People are a tiny vocal minority, but how many have left without saying a word?
Also, I said “time to move on”, I didn’t say “time to leave/quit”. We are all attached to “what’s coming next?”, and basically if “Halloween re-used + 3-month break” = “no new content”, it’s fair to assume that we won’t see anything significant for months. And that’s the whole point: if they are already on auto-pilot with huge breaks before any consistent update, the game might not be worth logging on each and every day.

Well your guild mate might think most people don’t care, but I can say many people care (in-game, on social medias, and here), but many are also happy. None of us will ever win an argument about who is right and who is wrong, because no one is, or ever will. Some people don’t care about updates and either accept or reject their fate, others fight on the forum to say what they think. Fact is, everyone has an opinion and every opinion is against someone else’s, just like your optimism is most of the time seen as a White Knight defense. I do respect your views, so do respect mine when I say I will focus on something else if such a long silence doesn’t mean something worth waiting for.

My experience of the game was also renewed lately (I’m an altoholic too), some parts I liked, some I hated. But in the end, I end up doing the same things over and over and over again, and I am not connected to the game’s lore as I was in the first campaigns.

So, if you didn’t get my point right (and maybe my English is the reason why), what I said with “time to move on” is I won’t bother to play the way I do now if the content that needs 3-month break and rehashed Holiday events is not outlandish. It’s as if I invited you for dinner, spent one hour in the kitchen (leaving you alone with cold canapés) and came to you with some spaghetti served with only some oil. I assume you won’t come again soon, even if my meal was delicious

Son of Elonia.

Posted by: Simzani.4318

Simzani.4318

Is it time to see the work from the 300 workers at arenanet since 2 years ? Or will it still be hidden/non-existant and we will have a new mini-map and another 6 months break ?

Vayne.8563

People are a tiny vocal minority, but how many have left without saying a word?
Also, I said “time to move on”, I didn’t say “time to leave/quit”. We are all attached to “what’s coming next?”, and basically if “Halloween re-used + 3-month break” = “no new content”, it’s fair to assume that we won’t see anything significant for months. And that’s the whole point: if they are already on auto-pilot with huge breaks before any consistent update, the game might not be worth logging on each and every day.

Well your guild mate might think most people don’t care, but I can say many people care (in-game, on social medias, and here), but many are also happy. None of us will ever win an argument about who is right and who is wrong, because no one is, or ever will. Some people don’t care about updates and either accept or reject their fate, others fight on the forum to say what they think. Fact is, everyone has an opinion and every opinion is against someone else’s, just like your optimism is most of the time seen as a White Knight defense. I do respect your views, so do respect mine when I say I will focus on something else if such a long silence doesn’t mean something worth waiting for.

My experience of the game was also renewed lately (I’m an altoholic too), some parts I liked, some I hated. But in the end, I end up doing the same things over and over and over again, and I am not connected to the game’s lore as I was in the first campaigns.

So, if you didn’t get my point right (and maybe my English is the reason why), what I said with “time to move on” is I won’t bother to play the way I do now if the content that needs 3-month break and rehashed Holiday events is not outlandish. It’s as if I invited you for dinner, spent one hour in the kitchen (leaving you alone with cold canapés) and came to you with some spaghetti served with only some oil. I assume you won’t come again soon, even if my meal was delicious

But when you’re saying time to move on, you’re actually saying something quite arbitrary. If it’s not here by X date, it’s time to move on. If it’s not here by Y date, it’s time to move on. If you’re not having fun, then it’s time to move on, and only then. Why set a date? Why make it sound like an ultimatum.

It puts everything else into question. Either the game is fun, and you play it, or it isn’t and you stop. I’m not going to draw an artibrary line in the sand after which it’s time to leave. That just makes no sense…whether I respect your opinion or I don’t (I do btw). I can respect an opinion and still point out that it makes no sense. It’s like starting a diet on Monday. That never made sense to me either. Either you need to start eating better, or you don’t.

Posted by: Gene Archer.8560

Gene Archer.8560

Either the game is fun, and you play it, or it isn’t and you stop.

If only the world was truly as black and white as you seem to view it. Though I find it funny that in one post you mention how your logging in to the game has dropped some recently, and yet here you are saying either play or don’t.

Given that attitude, since your log ins have already started dropping, you may as well just stop, since clearly you don’t find the game as fun as you once did.

I’m not going to draw an artibrary line in the sand after which it’s time to leave. That just makes no sense…

It doesn’t make sense to try and hold on to something you once enjoyed? To give things a chance to change?

The reactions you describe as not making sense? Those would be emotions, and the human condition. Your inability to understand them would suggest you aren’t actually human, Vayne.

So what planet did you come from, and does our yellow Sun give you super powers?

VergilDeZaniah.3295

But when you’re saying time to move on, you’re actually saying something quite arbitrary. If it’s not here by X date, it’s time to move on. If it’s not here by Y date, it’s time to move on. If you’re not having fun, then it’s time to move on, and only then. Why set a date? Why make it sound like an ultimatum.

It puts everything else into question. Either the game is fun, and you play it, or it isn’t and you stop. I’m not going to draw an artibrary line in the sand after which it’s time to leave. That just makes no sense…whether I respect your opinion or I don’t (I do btw). I can respect an opinion and still point out that it makes no sense. It’s like starting a diet on Monday. That never made sense to me either. Either you need to start eating better, or you don’t.

I’m having fun with the game, especially thanks to WvW and friends, but since I am above all a PvE player, I crave for new content, stories that will leave me breathless, that I will live with every pixel of my character. First part of LS2 was really good, and too short (in the good way: I wish it had lasted more!), but the break they took is really sad: it’s like we don’t care about the Pale Tree fading, Ritlock being in the Mists, etc. I has been really present for two months, and now it has been three months and my hype for the story began to fade, that’s when the fun began to slip away from me. But being quite optimistic, according to me this wait was for the greater good. Yet, if it is actually barely interesting, or quite transparent, I cannot say I will still have the same fun as before, knowing ANet is working on things that barely enrich players’ experience (lore-wise).
Edit: I can grow bored of the game even if I still have fun while playing it, it’s just that I might not feel like diving right into it the way I used to.

About a bad analogy, GW2 feels like the SoulCalibur series: SCV was rushed, full of bugs. People have been asking for fixes, but barely got any. The team said “yes, we know our game is unfinished and buggy, we’re working on it”. Between the release and now, we only got costumes (aka gem shop armors/outfits), and new pay-to-win games (that are a cheap rip-off SCV itself). And from the team? Silence. Most hardcord players and veterans of the series have left because of the “give us money, we will remain silent for years, and once you get something it’s buggy and requires more of your money” policy.

I’ve lost enough fun in the SCV game to feel the analogy with GW2 (even though the content and the games are really different), and I’m not threatening to leave, I’m just stating that, if all the wait and silence was for nothing, it will be hard for many people, and they will feel the need to take a break from the game until some fleshy content come out.

However, I do believe the devs have read most constructive complaints and criticisms, and LS2 will leave us speechless, but I try not to get too hyped and somehow try to save myself.

Son of Elonia.

(edited by VergilDeZaniah.3295)

Posted by: Zok.4956

Zok.4956

Chris

Give me the root password and I build it for you.

Greetings.

P.S. just kidding
P.P.S. And now something not so completely different: Have you maybe thought about the idea of user generated content/maps/quests/events (not just housing)… for PvE-maps? I want to build a (small but fun) own map so bad ….

Posted by: wasted.6817

wasted.6817

Re-used holiday events are to be expected really. It’s how it was in GW1 and it’s what AN was saying all along when they were talking about making a portfolio of events to re-use them later. I only wish they would bring back more of the good ol’ 2012 Halloween, that one was great.

Posted by: Antara.3189

Antara.3189

I’m interested to see how ArenaNet decides to place GW1 lore back into the living story. It’s been awhile since I’ve found the story interesting, but if the lore brings meaning and purpose into the living story it could be worth checking out. Hopefully it brings back true depth and mystery to the story without the need for pop culture references and frivolous dialog.