Yes....Ascended gear effects everyplayer

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Evalia.7103

Evalia.7103

My point was that people don’t use those buffs, and yet find time to complain about ascended gear making some people a very slightly bit stronger.
They are much more available, and yet you don’t pick up the possibility.
So why care about ascended gear? It is also another possibility you do not pick up. Yes, it is harder. But you didn’t do something as easy as buying consumables off trading post(85% of people in wvw do not have food buff, 95% don’t have wrench buff).
And they matter much more, really. Unless you’ve already bought them as well as did another tricks(stacking sigils be4 combat and karma stat buffs is what i mean), why would you care about ascended gear?
It is just such a minor stat % increase as of now. Of course it would be a problem if it would be released and you could only get full ascended only from fractals. Now that would be ridiculous, but I don’t see that happening.

Posted by: darghe.3072

darghe.3072

Ascended gear doesnt affect me in any way.
Because ANet mostly created DPS stats again and ignored the Clerics again.
My self crafted Exotics give me more Healing Power then a single Ascended Ring can give me

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

It is just such a minor stat % increase as of now. Of course it would be a problem if it would be released and you could only get full ascended only from fractals. Now that would be ridiculous, but I don’t see that happening.

As of now. I am not concerned about today, even though, as can clearly be seen, they already heavily impacted the game, even with only a minor stat advantage that the 3 pieces give (because perceived advantage is even more important than actual one to the community at large). I am worried about tomorrow. Devs clearly said that not only we will get full ascended set before the end of the year, but that won’t be the end of their “item progression” plans. So, the difference will eventually become too big to be ignored if the current trend will continue. I prefer to check for fires as soon as i see smoke, instead of adopting the “wait and see” approach till the whole house burns down.

I can also see, that – no matter how they acknowledged that new items being accessible only from fractals is a problem – they did nothing to fix that for whole two months now (and everything points to it not being fixed for at least one more month, since the next update seems to be about minor bugfixing only). In other words, they don’t really consider this a serious problem at all. Nor were the extraorbitant crafting proces of backpieces addressed – which is even more worrying, because it suggests that, even if/when new avenues of getting ascended eq become available, their price/difficulty might also be ridiculously high.

What worries me the most, however, is the newly-seen attitude (both ingame and on devs side) that only the most dedicated players (read – content locust and heavy farmers) deserve to get top tier eq. Especially since it goes in direct opposition to the original game ideology (the one that made me buy that game).

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)