You can't just nerf...

You can't just nerf...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Come on ArenaNet!
You can’t just nerf things like in guild wars 1! At least in GW1 your build didn’t depend on gear, at least not as much as in GW2. People invest a lot in their builds, they buy the right armor, trinkets, weapons, sigils and runes for it. If you keep nerfing things, a lot of people wil end up with a broken character that needs a complete revamp, which is expensive.

Now, I can rant for hours about how I utterly despise nerfs and the terrible concept of nerfing someone’s character is (a character he/she is proud of and put a lot of work in), but that’s not going to change anything anyway.

Just think about what you’re doing, you can’t just nerf things into the ground when builds depend a lot on gear.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

(edited by Windu The Forbidden One.6045)

You can't just nerf...

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

So, because people jump on the bandwagon and buy gear for the Flavor of the Month build ArenaNet should not balance the game?

A rather high number of people most likely think before jumping on the whole “OMG THAT BUILD IS THE BEST I MUST USE IT!!!” thingy, and therefore don’t spend a huge amount of money on a overpowered build, since it is quite logical to assume that said build will be changed sooner or later.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

You can't just nerf...

So, because people jump on the bandwagon and buy gear for the Flavor of the Month build ArenaNet should not balance the game?

Oh the irony..
It is you who ‘jumped on the bandwagen’ by assuming everyone has the so called ‘flavor of the month’ build. The elementalist for example, not only do these nerfs harm the D/D bunker elementalist, but also the staff elementalists (which are already underpowered).

~Sincerely, Scissors

You can't just nerf...

Posted by: Snow White.9680

Snow White.9680

Can we please refrain from freaking out until the changes are set into place and we actually see the effect they have?

You know, like rational human beings.

You can't just nerf...

Posted by: ShadowMaster.5708

ShadowMaster.5708

Let me guess… You are warrior, you used to use this combo:

1. Bulls charge
2. Frenzy
3. Hundred blades

Am i right? 95% of the warriors did that, and i was SO HAPPY when it was nerfed. if you were one of them, please dont complain. You KNOW it was OP yourself, therefor if you didnt see the nerf coming.. Your problem, you should

but if your not one of them warriors, then i can KIND OF see what you mean. But when you find a build which absoloutly destroy everything you should expect a nerf

You can't just nerf...

1. Bulls charge
2. Frenzy
3. Hundred blades

Am i right? 95% of the warriors did that, and i was SO HAPPY when it was nerfed. if you were one of them, please dont complain. You KNOW it was OP yourself, therefor if you didnt see the nerf coming.. Your problem, you should

but if your not one of them warriors, then i can KIND OF see what you mean. But when you find a build which absoloutly destroy everything you should expect a nerf

I did not. In fact, I try to avoid the really powerful builds because I know Anet will nerf them eventually. I intentionally handicapped my elementalist by using a staff, which I should never have to do, because I knew how overpowered and awesome the D/D bunker build was.

But the thing is, a lot of these nerfs just don’t harm 1 specific build.
This for example: Mist Form: Can no longer use utilities and heals while active.
That’s a nerf that weakens eles in general, not just the faceroll builds.

~Sincerely, Scissors

You can't just nerf...

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

No, it is a balance fix.
Which other class can heal and use utilities while being completely immortal?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

You can't just nerf...

Posted by: My Sweet Lily.1952

My Sweet Lily.1952

No, it is a balance fix.

Mesmers… and they don’t even have to use an utility skill to do that.

Nymeriali #Druid
[TLA] Desolation (EU)

You can't just nerf...

No, it is a balance fix.

sigh..
What class can’t? Ever heard of stealth or Endure Pain?

~Sincerely, Scissors

You can't just nerf...

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

My friend just got his ele to 80 and is very sad about the ele changes but, hey, such is life. I just think you guys should have rolled ranger. Nothing but smooth sailing for me! :p

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

You can't just nerf...

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Nerfs/balances are a part of the genre. There’s really no escaping them. Every MMO does it, and usually, it’s for the good of the game. Sometimes that means you have to rethink your builds…and if that’s the case, there’s not much you can do.

However, I’ve made that a part of my game. In other words, when I go into a dungeon and they change the dungeon, I play differently to beat the dungeon. I do the same with nerfs to skills I like.

My all reckoning they’re going to nerf my confusion build mesmer this patch. I can cry about it, but it won’t change the fact that they’re doing it for a reason. They have all sorts of numbers we don’t have access too. They’re not balancing them on our info, they’re balancing on theirs.

All you can really do is roll with the punches.

You can't just nerf...

Posted by: Mumu.6203

Mumu.6203

1. Bulls charge
2. Frenzy
3. Hundred blades

They nerfed frenzy build but you can still make good use of your zerk gear (or whatever gear you used) with a different build.

And come on, gear aquisition in GW2 is not that hard (unless you want to be full ascended on every character), you have many ways to get a new exotic gear : karma, dungeon farming, crafting, buying on TP …

You can't just nerf...

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

1. Bulls charge
2. Frenzy
3. Hundred blades

so nerfing engineers is good, even though engineers barely deal average damage? The most and engineer can pull with a grenade kid is 1000 damage a second. Guardians can pull more than that, thieves can do more than that, elementalists can do more than that, warriors can do more than that… Then they talked about nerfing the bomb kit again. You know what engineers got in exchange? Turrets that deal close to no damage now will have more health! Oh boy! Dungeon bosses will only take me hours to beat!
Nerfing mesmers is okay? Yes, nerf a condition that one can just avoid taking damage from by not attacking the caster for a bit. Nerf the condition that’s really hard to properly set up. And you know what? Nerf it by full 50%! That means that that’s one less build that mesmers can use.
Elementalist nerf just doesn’t make sense. You know where most people in pve used “ride the lightning?” to get to events faster. What’s the point in that ability now if it will stun you at the end?

Nerfs/balances are a part of the genre. There’s really no escaping them. Every MMO does it, and usually, it’s for the good of the game. Sometimes that means you have to rethink your builds…and if that’s the case, there’s not much you can do.

However, I’ve made that a part of my game. In other words, when I go into a dungeon and they change the dungeon, I play differently to beat the dungeon. I do the same with nerfs to skills I like.

My all reckoning they’re going to nerf my confusion build mesmer this patch. I can cry about it, but it won’t change the fact that they’re doing it for a reason. They have all sorts of numbers we don’t have access too. They’re not balancing them on our info, they’re balancing on theirs.

the thing is their nerfs don’t make sense. Now there’s one less class that can barely out put the same damage as a warrior. And you know what? The most OP class – warriors – gets a buff this patch. Now if their enemy has any kind of boon on them they get 3% higher damage for every boon. The game was more balanced at beta. Engineers were less broken then they are now.

(edited by Mirta.5029)

You can't just nerf...

Posted by: Vayra.3290

Vayra.3290

The problem is when they say the want to nerf one build and avoid nerfing others and then they barely nerf the OP build and make the already UP builds even weaker. That’s why we’re complaining.

The Unnamed[ThUn] – Desolation
Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

You can't just nerf...

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

The problem is no one has actually seen the nerfs yet, and it’s all just speculation. When I see the nerfs, I’ll cry. lol

You can't just nerf...

The problem is no one has actually seen the nerfs yet, and it’s all just speculation. When I see the nerfs, I’ll cry. lol

Here’s a list of the changes that have been confirmed so far:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/April-SotG-CliffNotes/first

~Sincerely, Scissors

You can't just nerf...

Posted by: Soundchaos.3450

Soundchaos.3450

The most OP class – warriors – gets a buff this patch

Considering a wide margin of the spvp/tpvp community consider the warrior the weakest pvp class, I’d like to see your reasoning as to why it is OP in pvp. You’re the first player I’ve encountered calling warrior overpowered while referencing pvp.

Rururrur – Warrior – Yak’s Bend
^Try to say that name while drunk

You can't just nerf...

Mirta.5029

The most OP class – warriors – gets a buff this patch

Considering a wide margin of the spvp/tpvp community consider the warrior the weakest pvp class, I’d like to see your reasoning as to why it is OP in pvp. You’re the first player I’ve encountered calling warrior overpowered while referencing pvp.

why is it weakest then? Last time I checked you can deal 50k damage as your burst damage making you the highest burst damage class in the game. You’re also the hardest class to crowd control, now you will be impossible to crowd control and some of your damage will be absolutely unblockable, meaning non burst classes now have no way of avoiding it. You have more dodges than anyone else, your damaging abilities recharge faster than most classes and most classes have problems with warriors already.

You can't just nerf...

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

A rather high number of people most likely think before jumping on the whole “OMG THAT BUILD IS THE BEST I MUST USE IT!!!” thingy, and therefore don’t spend a huge amount of money on a overpowered build, since it is quite logical to assume that said build will be changed sooner or later.

I think its a completely reasonable complaint, especially with time gated ascended gear. If they nerf a class so a particular kind of soulbound gear is essentially useless to the class (ahem, condition damage on a mesmer) then we have a right to complain.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

You can't just nerf...

Soundchaos.3450

Last time I checked you can deal 50k damage as your burst damage making you the highest burst damage class in the game.

You’re using a pve min/max build as a pvp example. The only time Hundred Blades hits 50k is with a min/max glass cannon build with banners that has no business in any organized pvp. That 50k only works in pve where targets are stationary. Warriors are lucky to land more than 3 hits with HB on anyone that knows where their evade button is. It’s incredibly easy to avoid. Thief burst damage is more reliable.

You’re also the hardest class to crowd control

Warrior has the weakest condition removal in the game without running a soldier/shout build which sacrifices utility slots that warriors need for survivability and/or crowd control skills.

some of your damage will be absolutely unblockable, meaning non burst classes now have no way of avoiding it.

Three unblockable attacks does not mean one cannot avoid damage with evade or use skills to make themselves immune to damage. This is also you speculating since we have not seen Sig of Might in practice. I want to know what makes you consider warrior OP in it’s current state.

You have more dodges than anyone else

With a Warhorn and traited for dodges, yes. This also significantly reduces damage output to achieve Vigor uptime. Elementalist, ranger, and guardian sustain much better than a warrior evade build does.

most classes have problems with warriors already.

As said previously, most spvp/tpvp players consider warrior the worst pvp class for a reason. Anyone that understands how a warrior works will avoid the high damage, telegraphed attacks that warriors need to land to be useful in organized pvp.

You can't just nerf...

Posted by: Apollo.7583

Apollo.7583

No, it is a balance fix.

sigh..

Stealth doesnt make you invulnerable. But Im a Necro and Im pretty sure I dont have such a skill to heal while being invulnerable. Tbh the only class that had a similar ability was Engi with Potion S and that is getting nerfed the same way. You may have to just use Earth Armor as a weaker endure pain but with stability and adding regen if traited.

You can't just nerf...

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

I’m not against balance changes, but they’ve done a lot of large nerfs without any compensation…

I remember reading from the devs early on that they wouldn’t be doing massive nerfs without any compensation in other areas… but time and time again they do this sort of thing. 50% nerfs without anything to help in other ways happen far too often. I’m really sick of it and this sort of thing will probably be why I quit gw2 one day.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

You can't just nerf...

Mirta.5029

You’re using a pve min/max build as a pvp example. The only time Hundred Blades hits 50k is with a min/max glass cannon build with banners that has no business in any organized pvp. That 50k only works in pve where targets are stationary. Warriors are lucky to land more than 3 hits with HB on anyone that knows where their evade button is. It’s incredibly easy to avoid. Thief burst damage is more reliable.

because stun locking and one hit killing is not a viable option? You have plenty of immobilization abilites. Use them.

Warrior has the weakest condition removal in the game without running a soldier/shout build which sacrifices utility slots that warriors need for survivability and/or crowd control skills.

let’s see, you have mending and shake it off, which is not less than other classes.

Three unblockable attacks does not mean one cannot avoid damage with evade or use skills to make themselves immune to damage. This is also you speculating since we have not seen Sig of Might in practice. I want to know what makes you consider warrior OP in it’s current state.

and the only ones that can go immune to damage efficiently are… Warriors! Okay – how about stun locking and killing with 100 blades? How about being the top in Spvp every match? How about being on the rampage constantly in Spvp?

With a Warhorn and traited for dodges, yes. This also significantly reduces damage output to achieve Vigor uptime. Elementalist, ranger, and guardian sustain much better than a warrior evade build does.

may I ask how? By running away? You have gap closing abilities too you know.

As said previously, most spvp/tpvp players consider warrior the worst pvp class for a reason. Anyone that understands how a warrior works will avoid the high damage, telegraphed attacks that warriors need to land to be useful in organized pvp.

most of Underworld’s Spvp is – warriors. Because they CAN kill outright with one ability. They can stun. They can go invulnerable and they can dodge for years. Not being able to kill with a warrior is just not knowing how to play one right. Oh well now bad players will be able to rofl stomp as easy mode warriors. ~Especially against guardians that heavily depended on boons.

You can't just nerf...

Soundchaos.3450

No, it is a balance fix.

sigh..

Endure Pain only reduces direct damage to zero. Indirect damage and condition damage apply normally.

You can't just nerf...

No, it is a balance fix.

sigh..

Endure Pain only reduces direct damage to zero. Indirect damage and condition damage apply normally.

What about distortion? Can a mesmer with distortion be harmed/interrupted in anyway?

~Sincerely, Scissors

You can't just nerf...

Posted by: Vanthian.9267

Vanthian.9267

1. Bulls charge
2. Frenzy
3. Hundred blades

OP? That is laughable at best. It still took more time for a Warrior to pull that off than a Thief with Mug+CaD+Backstab+Heartseeker+Heartseeker. Also, the Thief deals more damage along with putting on one of the best anti healing conditions: poison.

Just because you have trouble dodging the most obvious utility skill in the game and do not have a stun breaker on your utility bar doesn’t make the very over rated combo OP. That combo has only ever been dangerous to new players or those who don’t dodge.

Hundred blades is by far one of the worst sPvP skills there is in this game. Self root, three and one half second channel (you can be crowd controlled and damaged while doing it unlike a Mesmer with Shatter+Blurred Frenzy). Blurred Frenzy is on a similar cool down as Hundred Blades and offers so much more to the Mesmer profession.

You can't just nerf...

Posted by: Vanthian.9267

Vanthian.9267

sigh..

Classes that can be invulnerable to all forms of attacks:
Guardian (Elite skill: Renewed Focus http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Renewed_Focus)
Engineer (Utility Skill: Elix S http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Elixir_S)
Elementalist (Utility Skill: Mist Formhttp://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mist_Form)
Mesmer (Class ability: Distortion http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Distortion)

Classes that can’t be invulnerable to all forms of attacks:
Warrior
Thief
Necromancer
Ranger

Just a short complied list. For a fuller version that includes PvE check here:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Invulnerability

You can't just nerf...

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

And now ele and engineer’s invulnerability will be near useless. Oh, sure, we will be able to move for 3 seconds while doing absolutely nothing, sure that’s useful. Especially when it activates automatically at 25% due to a minor trait (engineer – Self-regulating defenses). Enemies won’t be ready to kill us after that, since we couldn’t even heal ourselves.

You can't just nerf...

Soundchaos.3450

because stun locking and one hit killing is not a viable option? You have plenty of immobilization abilites. Use them.

The stun still telegraphs the incoming burst. Like I’ve said before, any player that understands how a warrior works will negate that damage by either avoiding the stun/immobolize or removing it and evading the followup damage. This doesn’t even factor the bugs and pathing issues with bola and bull’s.

One shot kills only happen with Kill Shot (3 seconds telegraphing the shot is coming) and full duration HBs. The players that are one shot be either of those have no clue how to build and/or respond to a stun/immobilize in pvp.

let’s see, you have mending and shake it off, which is not less than other classes.

Thief: 3 skills
Elementalist: 7 skills
Guardian: 10 skills
Necro: 4 skills
Engi: 7 skills
Ranger: 6 skills/pet skills
Mesmer: 4 skills
Warrior: 3 skills

This isn’t even touching on traits that remove conditions, availability of cooldowns, sacrifices to sustain, or number of conditions removed in comparison to the other classes.

and the only ones that can go immune to damage efficiently are…

Shield Stance (3 seconds out of 30) and Endure Pain (4 sec out of 90) have plenty of damage types that still get around their mechanics. Once those are on CD, warrior is left with evade like every other class but with less sustain to keep them alive in a drawn out fight.

Okay – how about stun locking and killing with 100 blades?

The only way a HB will go full duration on anyone that knows how a warrior works is when teammates do followup stuns to prevent the target from removing it and moving away while the warrior is rooted. In this situation, the team is building around the warrior which makes the team less versatile. Most tpvp teams will opt for using another class over a warrior so they don’t sacrifice versatility.

may I ask how? By running away? You have gap closing abilities too you know.

With higher HPS and Protection. They don’t have to run when they can draw the fight out and outlast a vigor specialized warrior.

most of Underworld’s Spvp is – warriors.

Can the same be said for tpvp where players are generally more skilled and organized?

Not being able to kill with a warrior is just not knowing how to play one right. Oh well now bad players will be able to rofl stomp as easy mode warriors.

Not being able to survive a warrior is just not knowing how to play against one right. Oh well, currently easy mode warrior will rofl stomps bad players.

Sorry, I couldn’t resist that one. All in good fun. Warrior eats people alive that don’t understand how warrior works, which is often the case in unorganized spvp when skill/experience imbalances are prominent. Those imbalances are much less frequent in tpvp.

~Especially against guardians that heavily depended on boons.

Even with the upcoming Boon Hate, a guardian with every boon will still take less damage from a warrior than someone without any boons. The percentage increase does not surpass the damage reduction from Protection. You are speculating again as well. I stated previously that I want to know why you think warrior is OP in it’s current state, not speculating as to what will happen in an upcoming patch.

(edited by Soundchaos.3450)

You can't just nerf...

Posted by: Vargs.6234

Vargs.6234

Okay, let’s all pick really garbage builds and gear around them. That way, since our build is awful and doesn’t synergize with anything, it won’t get nerfed! Except wait, that’s not true. Bad builds get nerfed constantly because anet doesn’t think about how their nerfs will affect other things.

You can't just nerf...

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

Ouch, probably should have rolled ranger for this patch.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

You can't just nerf...

Posted by: Kaleban.9834

Kaleban.9834

While it may be logical to assume changes, it is not logical to assume that the entire playstyle of a class will be altered several months after release.

Some of the changes, and specifically the heavy handed nerfs to Eles are akin to changing the way chess pieces are allowed to move mid game. The Knight no longer moves in an L shape, and the Castle can only move 5 spaces.

Given that top end exotic gear is required to be competitive, that it is quite expensive especially for new players without a thousand hours of playtime, that ANet continues to release new currencies and is establishing a gear treadmill (contrary to everything they’ve said), and all the other shenanigans ANet seems to be pulling, it is not wrong for players to be angry.

ESPECIALLY since ANet’s business model revolves around inevitable cash transactions for gems, which allows gearing through BLTC gold buying, they’re actually ethically wrong to alter classes to the point of unplayability or at least making them much more difficult. The reason being, if a player spends money to gear a character, ANet then makes that character undesirable, forcing said player to roll a new character, and then spend more real money to gear up.

Its a bad precedent both business wise and gameplay wise.

You can't just nerf...

Posted by: pullnointer.1476

pullnointer.1476

what they should do is implement a way to change the stats on your gear anytime, very cheap. aka max 1 gold for a complete gear stat change(does not include sigils/runes/jewels/gems obviously).

You can't just nerf...

While it may be logical to assume changes, it is not logical to assume that the entire playstyle of a class will be altered several months after release.

Some of the changes, and specifically the heavy handed nerfs to Eles are akin to changing the way chess pieces are allowed to move mid game. The Knight no longer moves in an L shape, and the Castle can only move 5 spaces.

Given that top end exotic gear is required to be competitive, that it is quite expensive especially for new players without a thousand hours of playtime, that ANet continues to release new currencies and is establishing a gear treadmill (contrary to everything they’ve said), and all the other shenanigans ANet seems to be pulling, it is not wrong for players to be angry.

ESPECIALLY since ANet’s business model revolves around inevitable cash transactions for gems, which allows gearing through BLTC gold buying, they’re actually ethically wrong to alter classes to the point of unplayability or at least making them much more difficult. The reason being, if a player spends money to gear a character, ANet then makes that character undesirable, forcing said player to roll a new character, and then spend more real money to gear up.

Its a bad precedent both business wise and gameplay wise.

Okay, let’s all pick really garbage builds and gear around them. That way, since our build is awful and doesn’t synergize with anything, it won’t get nerfed!

^So much this.
In GW1 I always picked the build of the month because.. why shouldn’t I?
If I can choose between a weak and powerful build why should I go for the weak one? The only reason I didn’t do that in GW2 is the same reason I made this thread, builds are expensive and, unlike gw1, can’t just be changed on a whim.

~Sincerely, Scissors

You can't just nerf...

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

yes, they can…

You can't just nerf...

Posted by: Titan.3472

Titan.3472

Game balance has nothing to do with in game gold. Consider nerf as another gold sink lol.

You can't just nerf...

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

Come on ArenaNet!
You can’t just nerf things like in guild wars 1! At least in GW1 your build didn’t depend on gear, at least not as much as in GW2. People invest a lot in their builds, they buy the right armor, trinkets, weapons, sigils and runes for it. If you keep nerfing things, a lot of people wil end up with a broken character that needs a complete revamp, which is expensive.

Now, I can rant for hours about how I utterly despise nerfs and the terrible concept of nerfing someone’s character is (a character he/she is proud of and put a lot of work in), but that’s not going to change anything anyway.

Just think about what you’re doing, you can’t just nerf things into the ground when builds depend a lot on gear.

This is why you level 1 of everything to 80. >_> Disposable classes 4tw!

You can't just nerf...

Posted by: g e o.2589

g e o.2589

No, it is a balance fix.

Mesmers… and they don’t even have to use an utility skill to do that.

Rangers can do that, in fact they have two invulnerability utilities if they trait it. Let me guess, a WARRIOR’S endure pain is attack damage protective and guardian’s Sanctuary is healing heaven. Let me think, Thieves? they dont need invulnerability because they have million stealth and necro has 2 health bars. OMG Engie’s Elixir that shrinks you. And also mesmer’s Distortion protects only against attacks.

You can't just nerf...

Posted by: g e o.2589

g e o.2589

sigh..

Classes that can be invulnerable to all forms of attacks:
Guardian (Elite skill: Renewed Focus http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Renewed_Focus)
Engineer (Utility Skill: Elix S http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Elixir_S)
Elementalist (Utility Skill: Mist Formhttp://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mist_Form)
Mesmer (Class ability: Distortion http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Distortion)

Classes that can’t be invulnerable to all forms of attacks:
Warrior
Thief
Necromancer
Ranger

Just a short complied list. For a fuller version that includes PvE check here:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Invulnerability

Distortion has same effect as endure pain, they both are invulnerable to attacks but still damaged if conditions were applied before activation. Rangers can trait to have 6 secs of invulnerability upon activation of signet and can use “Protect Me” Necromancers have 2 health bars, that covers invulnerability for them, and thief has kittenload of stealth.

You can't just nerf...

Posted by: Buzzcrave.6197

Buzzcrave.6197

I can’t believe there is one joker on this thread stated Warrior is the most OP class in spvp. Anet should stop listening to the bunch of you, as it is making the game worst than ever.

You can't just nerf...

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

No, it is a balance fix.

sigh..

I can get interrupted with EP and I can get conditions with EP.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

You can't just nerf...

Posted by: Star Ace.5207

Star Ace.5207

If I can choose between a weak and powerful build why should I go for the weak one?

Totally out of subject, but many players do NOT enjoy the supposedly more powerful build, but rather devise their own which is fun to them and also may be effective to them.

No offense, though; most players probably think like you do, and that’s OK too.

It would be nice if we could change stats on the fly, but I am not sure if the developer’s agree, for better or worse. It would make several sets of currently expensive gear on many characters useless, and I assume some will complain. It would be convenient, but I can’t see it happening without issue.

You can't just nerf...

Mirta.5029

If I can choose between a weak and powerful build why should I go for the weak one?

Totally out of subject, but many players do NOT enjoy the supposedly more powerful build, but rather devise their own which is fun to them and also may be effective to them.

No offense, though; most players probably think like you do, and that’s OK too.

It would be nice if we could change stats on the fly, but I am not sure if the developer’s agree, for better or worse. It would make several sets of currently expensive gear on many characters useless, and I assume some will complain. It would be convenient, but I can’t see it happening without issue.

when you devise your own build you’ll still depend on power, or condition damage, or healing, or toughness, or critical damage. Whether you took a build or are using your own, chances are one of the extreme nerfs/ buffs will affect your own build too. Example: I’m stated and geared wrongly for a d/d ele, but I’m using daggers. Ride the lightning would affect me too. Though it’s a small change and I can accept that.
I have an engineer and tried grenade kit on it. I mostly depend on my bomb kit, but that doesn’t mean that I’m going to turn my head to the other side when the grenade kit, that is not overpowered, is getting nerfed.
My mesmer is so low level at this point that I can build it any way I want. But I know a person that used confusion build before and how hard it is to set up.

You can't just nerf...

Posted by: Brtiva.9721

Brtiva.9721

No, it is a balance fix.

sigh..

Should be mentioned that stealth has no immunities of any kind at all to damage as well; it is in no way “invulnerability”.

Just wish they would totally separate wvw/pvp/pve, so nerfs to balance pvp at least would not affect pve. Doubt that will truly come to be, but it would a welcome change.

You can't just nerf...

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

No, it is a balance fix.

sigh..

Rangers can’t..