You could make tons of money on skins if...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

You used the current system of Zenith skins and added a skin slot on Hero panel like in gw1 where u put the skins over ur armor.

I know you want to make money via transmutations but to me that is a bad system for several reasons, each transmutation removes the existing look and people like me, who worked hard to get the looks they wanted are not prepared to overwrite them and therefore don’t spend any money on the new skins or trans crystals.

But no matter how good something looks, you feel like a change after a while and it would be totally awesome to be able to change ur looks at whim. You would sell a lot more skins from the shop and by all means put them all in there just like in gw1. i’ll be happy to give u money for such a system.

I’m not saying you should remove trans crystals all together, they still may have their uses, but should not be primary focus.

For eg: i would buy all 3 zodiac skins if the skin system worked as i stated above and there many others i would have bought….will buy if such a system was implemented. But as it stands, I won’t be buying any, as i don’t want to lose my current looks.

Imagine this. I have 9 characters, each have a look i like atm but i would like to change it often if it were possible, except i can’t without loosing the original look. I bought flamekissed armor, which i think is awesome on my ele, but i also like the new zodiac light, so if want to change to that, i would have to overwrite the flamekissed! No way? Or have many separate armor sets with different looks! Again, no way!

However, if the above system was in place, i would probably have 4-5 different looks for each of my 9 chars, think about it Anet, each set of 3 armor pces would give you 2400 gems just from me! As it stands, you get 0. Nor will you make any gems on crystals from me as i do not intend to overwrite my existing look. Hence, why i’m not even gonna bother crafting ascended which i don’t like the look of and would have to transmute….which i think is a shame and a waste.

So you already have a system in place for Zenith skins, all you would have to do is add that skin slot on Hero panel like in gw1 and i don’t think that would be too difficult to implement.

I love the new zodiac skins, really, really beautiful work, kudos to the designers but sadly, i won’t be enjoying them any time soon and that makes me sad.

Comments appreciated especially from Anet.

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

I was looking for tldr but couldnt find.

Good luck.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

If you want to be their financial advisor you should write an application and not post it in the forums.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Tiger Ashante.1792

Wow, 2 constructive comments, well done! I’m overwhelmed lol.

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

tl;dr
there needs to be a system where after you buy a gem shop skin you get get unlimited copies of it

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Tera does exactly this. I can only assume anet doesn’t because they can then squeeze more money out of us for things like extra bags and storage slots to hold all of our physical armor and weapon sets.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Posted by: Fasalina.6571

Fasalina.6571

Aye you can always count on those two for unbiased, constructive comments.

Imo it’s a great idea. Totally support this.
Heck they could even make it character bound, as in when you buy a skin it’ll be character bound so you can only use it on that toon with unlimited uses, but if you want to use it on a different toon, you could use a transmutation stone and give it to a different character as well. And since you won’t need as many stones as you do now you could even increase the price for them.

(edited by Fasalina.6571)

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

I agree with the OP. A wardrobe type system would go a long way toward encouraging some of us to buy more armor skins.

Posted by: Vissarion.6509

Vissarion.6509

I would actually buy a skin if i could use it unlimited times (even if it was bound to 1 character).

They called us TEMPESTs, but we can use our elite to cheat death instead

Posted by: Yunielesca.2850

Yunielesca.2850

I think the same, I don’t know why they didn’t do slots for the skins just like they did in GW1.
I really like the new armor, and I could have bought one, but I wouldn’t apply it on my t3 and I don’t intend to get a second armor set which would cost money and take too much place in the inventory.
So I don’t buy it…

Posted by: Darkobra.6439

Darkobra.6439

The tl;dr is the very first sentence. You don’t need to read more than that. He just rambles on and on and on and on about how it’d be a good idea.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I think this would be a good idea. I had lots of costumes in GW1, but I have not purchased any Gem Store armor in GW2. I really prefer the GW1 method of placing ‘costumes’ over our armor for the looks.

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

tl;dr
there needs to be a system where after you buy a gem shop skin you get get unlimited copies of it

I actually think if you buy a skin form the gem shop it should be “saved” at least for the first character you use it on.
I’m not the type to constantly change my armour so I don’t mind too much, but it would be nice to buy more skins and not have to worry about the previous one getting deleted, there by wasting those gems.

Maybe even charge for a “skins box” or something, where you can save your skins. Or in Black Lion Trading, have a place in styles “previous buys”, where you can download it as many times as you like.
This way they don’t have to change the transmutation or add a place for the skins, but …now that I think of this, I guess they’d end up selling less with the above as people could download the same skin on various characters?
(though they’d probably sell more, because people like to be able to change things once an awhile…)

Posted by: Nat.4029

Nat.4029

I’ve suggested something like this in the Black Lion forums. They won’t do it though because $$$$$.

Valar Morghulis

Posted by: Shakkara.2641

Shakkara.2641

Agree. Buying an armor should unlock it permanently and allow you to apply it as many times as you like.

Posted by: Nat.4029

Nat.4029

It would be a major QoL feature. It’s just a pain in the kitten to have to keep up with 4 or 5 different armor skins in your bank. But I’m pretty sure that’s what Anet wants you to do. If you didn’t have to save so much armor and weapons, then you don’t have to purchase as much bank space, so adding a feature like this would be hurting their pocket book.

Someone mentioned in another thread though, that this WAS something that was being talking about at Anet, but who knows if it’s already been scrapped because of the reasons I mentioned.

Valar Morghulis

Posted by: korelg.7862

korelg.7862

you know, Anet could still make money with Trans-Stones, just make it so to open the “skins tab” you have to use a stone and there you go.

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

I already said countless times that all armor, costume, helmets, back pieces, weapons, any SKINS whatsoever, should be account-unlocked. I’d be more inclined to buy something if I knew it’d be account unlocked, hell I’d buy everything if it was that way.

But as it stands, requiring us to buy 1 of everything for each character (if we choose) is just nickle and diming. I will not spend a dime on their store until they make all armor, costume, helmet, back pieces, weapon skins (you get the idea) account-unlocked on purchase just like the zenith skins in the hero panel.

Posted by: yayuuu.9420

yayuuu.9420

Yes please! Kty

Tiger Ashante.1792

It would be a major QoL feature. It’s just a pain in the kitten to have to keep up with 4 or 5 different armor skins in your bank. But I’m pretty sure that’s what Anet wants you to do. If you didn’t have to save so much armor and weapons, then you don’t have to purchase as much bank space, so adding a feature like this would be hurting their pocket book.

Someone mentioned in another thread though, that this WAS something that was being talking about at Anet, but who knows if it’s already been scrapped because of the reasons I mentioned.

Yea i’ve heard mention of a skin system being worked on here and there, but it’s been all quiet for a long while.

As far as not doing something like this due to people not wanting to purchase bank slots etc. well i got my bank maxed out even though there’s no wardrobe system and I don’t think that would prevent people from buying the bank slots.

In any case thinking like that simply isn’t sustainable in a game that relies on selling skins, because sooner or later people will have their bank maxed and then what? I know they can add more tabs but those things are one-off purchases while they can keep creating skins infinitely, imagination is the only limit.