"You did not meet the requirements"

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Vakirauta.6397

Vakirauta.6397

Hey,

I’ll cut this short. I’ve been to the event from start, got dc’d before the boss was down and wasted 3 hours for nothing; sorry, I did not have fun at all. Sent a ticket just after the event was finished and been answered (or delayed would I say) to this day.

Today I’ve been told that I didn’t meet their requirements to receive the rewards that reminds me of a joke. I’d really like to know what the requirements was.

Anyways, here’s both the answer I got and a proof-like screenshot I got while I was in the event.

their answer, http://i.imgur.com/b522Z.jpg

and the proof or sth,

Attachments:

The Iron Butterfly

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

Can’t believe they’re sending this out already. The script is clearly bugged, and they’re clearly going to have to resolve it given that the latest mails have made matters worse. A “we’re sorry, we’re dealing with the problem” would have done, but this is just silly.

I’ve been really defending and supporting ANet all day, but this lack of communication is upsetting.

Posted by: Budchgon.2108

Budchgon.2108

So… those that DID the event, got the chest and loot are also meeting the criteria to get ANOTHER chest full of loot while those that did the event crashed/dc’s during the event that we attended are not deemed worthy?

Anyone else see a problem here?

Lyssia Iceblood of Gandara – I sometimes win… but not often :-(

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

The forum is full of it, and it is sad. People who did loot the chest get the mails, people like you don’t.

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

Posted by: Max Lexandre.6279

Max Lexandre.6279

ANet can’t deny you wasn’t there this time…

Far I see in their replies they said something isn’t right in the deliver of the boxes, just now:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/Karka-Chest-Distribution-merged/944512

I’m The Best in Everything.
Asura thing.

(edited by Max Lexandre.6279)

Posted by: Dradiin.8935

Dradiin.8935

I am betting the thread gets closed.

Vakirauta.6397

ANet can’t deny you wasn’t there this time…

Far I see in their replies they said something isn’t right in the deliver of the boxes, just now:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/Karka-Chest-Distribution-merged/944512

Thank you, we’ll see what they’re gonna come with.

The Iron Butterfly

Posted by: Keiran.1896

Keiran.1896

I was disconnected too during the boss. No reward, no mail.
And those people abusing the chest, opening it several times during the event.
And those people getting 2 precursors per chest.
And those people receiving the mail after opening the chest.
And those people receiving 2 mails instead of one…

I had lost faith in Arenanet, and that just achieved me.
You just burned the fun I had in this game like an old paper.

(edited by Keiran.1896)

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

I understand that it’s up setting not to get the reward, but if you based your fun in this game on getting a chest drop then I feel completely sorry for you. You are welcome to play any game you want, but GW2 does not encourage this type of fun.

RIP in peace Robert

Posted by: Keiran.1896

Keiran.1896

I understand that it’s up setting not to get the reward, but if you based your fun in this game on getting a chest drop then I feel completely sorry for you. You are welcome to play any game you want, but GW2 does not encourage this type of fun.

No, the game was growing boring. I wanted to come back to get this reward, and maybe get a bit of faith back like everyone and play again… and I did not get it. Arenanet is failing in everything, even in courageous attempts to help us. This is how it achieved me.

Posted by: noother.2190

noother.2190

No, the game was growing boring. I wanted to come back to get this reward, and maybe get a bit of faith back like everyone and play again… and I did not get it. Arenanet is failing in everything, even in courageous attempts to help us. This is how it achieved me.

I don’t think achieved means what you think it means, at least not in this context lol

Posted by: Sky.9347

Sky.9347

They thought they had it right. They thought you were all liars.

Until, of course, screen shots proved them wrong once again. (like hacking, bots, bugs)

These guys are good at what they do.

Sky – [tSA] – Stormbluff Isle
November 15, 2012 – The day a dream died.

Posted by: azurrei.5691

azurrei.5691

An “easy” solution would be to just send every account in good standing a ring/bag – they have little vendor value and can not be traded or salvaged.

Of course, there will still be the people who whine that they didn’t get the rares or exotics…

I’m willing to bet because of this incident the rewards will never again be as good…sad, really.

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

for all i know this could be PHOTOSHOPED.

anyway, to all kids crying “i didnt get my toys”.
im quite certain 99% of people that deserved it got it.

for the other 1%, it scks, i agree.
but its ONLY A CHEST.

please rethink your priorities

This is a forum dedicated to GW2 so its not as though we can talk about Egypt, natural disasters or famine. So what should we talk about? The ascended/fractals mess? Anet doesn’t care about that either.

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

It’s so unfortunate, even when they’re belatedly trying to fix their mess, it’s just more of a mess.

I’m still uncertain why I got an extra chest, and neither my fiance or son got an extra. I didn’t send a request for the chest, but I did attempt a failed second instance of the event on my other lvl 80. But I never told ArenaNet I was there or wanted reimbursement. It’s puzzling.

Murphy’s Law on steroids for the entire Lost Shores thing.

Posted by: Phoenix.3416

Phoenix.3416

Photoshopping an event picture seems like a lot of work for the reward, I doubt its shopped.

I haven’t had a reward and i was there until the end when i died and had a huge spike, when i clicked the waypoint my pc froze and I had to do a hard reset.

Seems to have stopped me been eligible :/

Vakirauta.6397

This is a raw screenshot. If I were to photoshop anything I’d first start off with the chatbox.

The Iron Butterfly

Posted by: Siphaed.9235

Siphaed.9235

Hey,

I’ll cut this short. I’ve been to the event from start, got dc’d before the boss was down and wasted 3 hours for nothing; sorry, I did not have fun at all. Sent a ticket just after the event was finished and been answered (or delayed would I say) to this day.

Today I’ve been told that I didn’t meet their requirements to receive the rewards that reminds me of a joke. I’d really like to know what the requirements was.

Anyways, here’s both the answer I got and a proof-like screenshot I got while I was in the event.

their answer, http://i.imgur.com/b522Z.jpg

and the proof or sth,

Here’s what I can tell by looking at that photo you provided as your “proof”: You’re on an overflow very late in the evening and just about to hit that dreaded ‘Server Will Reset’. I know this by the quoted people in your chat log, even without a proper timer showing it on your map.

The events running late into the evening was a bug that wasn’t supposed to happen, nor properly run. The real event, the only proper one, started at 12pm PST (i.e. noon) and ended roughly 3 hrs later, depending on the server/overflow. That was the one-time event that was qualifying for rewards as well as the only one meant to happen, others later were bugs only.

Vakirauta.6397

Here’s what I can tell by looking at that photo you provided as your “proof”: You’re on an overflow very late in the evening and just about to hit that dreaded ‘Server Will Reset’. I know this by the quoted people in your chat log, even without a proper timer showing it on your map.

The events running late into the evening was a bug that wasn’t supposed to happen, nor properly run. The real event, the only proper one, started at 12pm PST (i.e. noon) and ended roughly 3 hrs later, depending on the server/overflow. That was the one-time event that was qualifying for rewards as well as the only one meant to happen, others later were bugs only.

The screenshot was taken at 23.56 GMT+2, go figure yourself. Maybe my computer is lying, who knows. Does it matter? Do you know what’s sad, people who already got to loot the chest had a mail with rewards sent. Which means double reward for them, none for us. This is like a joke.

PS. See the guys in my party? They’re my guild-mates who got to loot the chest.

The Iron Butterfly

(edited by Vakirauta.6397)

Posted by: Kymaera Stormweaver.1069

Kymaera Stormweaver.1069

Yeah, people in map chat the otherday who already got the chest said they also got mailed the chest loot…

Variety, multiplicity are the two most powerful vehicles of lust.
– Marquis de Sade

Posted by: Saraneth.6021

Saraneth.6021

I didn’t even do the event and still got the chest.

Posted by: RedBaron.6058

RedBaron.6058

In the company I work for, after today´s debacle people would have been fired already…

“Blackadder: If you want something done properly, kill Baldrick before you start.”

Posted by: phototed.6192

phototed.6192

What the heck? I guess this would make me “unqualified” for this as well, regardless of being disconnected 7x times during the fight against the Ancient Karka. Seriously lame.

Posted by: Necrochild.1497

Necrochild.1497

You just got copypasta’d.

When the support guy is looking at 200+ of essentially the same emails, they are all going to receive essentially the same email in reply. It’s just how it goes, unfortunately.

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

So… those that DID the event, got the chest and loot are also meeting the criteria to get ANOTHER chest full of loot

Really! If they do this why not just send a chest to every active player. This sucks.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Posted by: RedBaron.6058

RedBaron.6058

I hope the handling of this unfortunate affair opens the eyes of all players…

“Blackadder: If you want something done properly, kill Baldrick before you start.”

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

I feel sorry for you, and don’t want to play devil’s advocate, but….

A screenshot like that doesn’t prove anything. I participated in the event, and completed it. I can easily have taken screenshots of me doing the event and claimed I got DC’d. Basically, that screenshot only proves that you participated. Not whether you DC’d or not.

Anet keeps track of lots of data. (Example of a player activity heat map: https://twitter.com/mkerstein/status/170659741574496256/photo/1/large). I tend to lean towards Anet when a player claims to have done something, because they, most of the time, have the data to prove things.

Of course this may not apply to you individually. But I suppose my main point is that screenshot is not a proof of anything.

Vakirauta.6397

I feel sorry for you, and don’t want to play devil’s advocate, but….

A screenshot like that doesn’t prove anything. I participated in the event, and completed it. I can easily have taken screenshots of me doing the event and claimed I got DC’d. Basically, that screenshot only proves that you participated. Not whether you DC’d or not.

Anet keeps track of lots of data. (Example of a player activity heat map: https://twitter.com/mkerstein/status/170659741574496256/photo/1/large). I tend to lean towards Anet when a player claims to have done something, because they, most of the time, have the data to prove things.

Of course this may not apply to you individually. But I suppose my main point is that screenshot is not a proof of anything.

I completely understand, but there is no other way for a player to prove anything. Though since they sent mails to the players who already got to loot the chest (doubled their reward for no reason) I think this isn’t much of an issue. Maybe they could see that I was there and disconnected by their so-called logs if they manually checked. The script basically failed, that is all.

My post is nothing personal, do not misunderstand.

The Iron Butterfly