You'll love this! Call me Mr.Offmap :)

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Farothion.7604

Farothion.7604

Before you any read further. Know that I have reached these places in a legitimate way. I did not Glitch, Bug or Distort the game in any way to get to these places.
Also, these places do not give me an advantage over any other player. I can’t reach or complete objectives/achievements/quests/events faster through using these places I like to call “Off-map” locations. I do this because I love the challenge and enjoy how the scenery looks from places you don’t ordinarily get to. My sole purpose of reaching these places and placing this post is to make screenshots for myself and everyone else to enjoy.

I see these places as Extreme Jumping Puzzles. But Game-Masters, if you think of punishing me for this in any way. Please contact me in-game first so we can talk about it. No harm is done by leaving these places open to enjoy for enthusiasts like me. It is one of the things in the game I enjoy the most. And I bet I am not the only one.

Other than that. I hope everyone enjoys some of the most beautiful locations in Guild Wars 2!

Posted by: jimkew.5601

jimkew.5601

Awesome pictures

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Some of those look familiar. Especially number 3.

I’d be curious to know how you get up there, I know one way but I’ve always suspected there are more so it’d be interesting to see if you use the same one I do. I’ll PM you.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

What/where is number 5 and 7?

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: captainteemo.6537

captainteemo.6537

Nice work! I think it would be a sad state of this game if they started limiting us even more where we can go in a ‘world’. It won’t be a world anymore, just a box. Hope this will stay for dungeons as well! Keep up the good work exploring the world!

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Why is it Mr.Offmap when your toon is a female?

The Burninator

Farothion.7604

Both 3, 5 and 7 are in Caledon Forest Just on different sides of the map. I’m glad you are enjoying the screenshots. Put a word out for me will you? I’d love people to know there is more to GW2 than meets the eye!

Posted by: Xiem.4719

Xiem.4719

Shame you didn’t shared pictures we took together :C

Farothion.7604

I wanted to but I noticed I didn’t put my quality up high for those pictures. So they looked like I was in a Minecraft world Sorry buddy!

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Miss Offmap*

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Farothion.7604

Why is it Mr.Offmap when your toon is a female?

Miss Offmap*

Hahah well… My character is Female. So then it would be Mrs.Offmap. But since the person playing is a Man. I named it, Mr.Offmap

Posted by: Elrey.5472

Elrey.5472

You are not the only one Miss.Offmap! xD

I was also random jumping around in TA (not gonna say what path or what way or how to get there) and i managed to get to “the end of the world”. Here there’s a video that I recorded about it.

Well, maybe i can say a bit:
1- To the players and Anet: The entrance to this place it’s after all final bosses or events are completed, so it can’t be used to glitch or skip or cheat in any way. It’s not an advantage and it helps nothing to go here, it’s just a random fun place i guess. We didn’t used special jumps or skills, so any proffesion can get there, but i’ll be happy to show Anet where to block the way if you are willing to.
2- To Anet: This video is private (nobody can find it without the link, won’t appear in search lists), in case there’s a problem with the footage, you can tell me and it will be removed ^^.
3- Also to Anet (just in case): I forgot to disable the chat, but none of the characters speaking in it (or in my group) were actually doing the same as i was doing except the charr, however, they did help me to complete the dungeon in a legit way. Me and the charr were just hanging around after final boss died when we found this.
3- To everyone: I don’t suggest to try this out, our characters were doing really weird weird weird things and when we tried to “exit the world” we became perma-flying, forcing us to go to a Teleport. In some places (just walking or standing around) we couldn’t teleport because i guess we were in a place not attached to teleports. I can guess if those 2 problems happens at same time by bad luck (perma-stuck + can’t teleport) you might get your character corrupted or broken or stuck forever. So… please, don’t try it out, you are warned :P

Anyway, it was fun for the day, i think i won’t try to get there again, is like a just for fun 1-time place that i wanted to share ^^.

P.S. Seriously, if there’s any problem with the video, i’d appreciate if Anet can contact me in a private message :P

ES Wiki Sysop. Vanquiser of the Marionette, Lover of the Aetherpath.
Aens / Ellantriel / Nao To Mori / Saelyth. Commander
Guias de Raids en español / Spanish raiding guides

(edited by Elrey.5472)

Farothion.7604

You are not the only one Miss.Offmap! xD

P.S. Seriously, if there’s any problem with the video, i’d appreciate if Anet can contact me in a private message :P

Nice video! I might try that out sometime!

I am not claiming to be the only one practicing the art of “Off-mapping” though. I am claiming the title though for I only know 1 player in the entire game that knows as many places as I do. (Xiem/Trix – We play together sometimes)

Posted by: GoogleBrandon.5073

GoogleBrandon.5073

Sometimes you need company though:

Attachments:

Guild channel with PvP uploads
Lost? Confused? [TCS] – A guild for every state of body and mind

Posted by: Khezekiah Bellamy.5016

Khezekiah Bellamy.5016

I show the full area around the cerebro room over at https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Hidden-Dungeon-Spoilers/

Posted by: Erick Alastor.3917

Erick Alastor.3917

Sometimes you need company though:

Is he Rahn? If yes, where/how?

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
- Mike Obrien

Farothion.7604

I’m not quite sure what you mean. I am not Rahn and GoogleBrendon most likely isn’t either. As a side note. If we wanted everyone to get on that ledge or anywere else on one of these pictures we would have posted a detailed explanation. I didn’t because I don’t want all these places blocked and fixed within a weeks time. Hope you understand.

Posted by: CMstorm.8679

CMstorm.8679

I want to know how you got there in that first picture. Its driving me bonkers :P I’ve never been able to get there, only carefully walking around the bottom of Rata Sum so i don’t end up in jail :o

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Mr. Offmap has ladyparts. :O

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Erick Alastor.3917

Erick Alastor.3917

I’m not quite sure what you mean. I am not Rahn and GoogleBrendon most likely isn’t either. As a side note. If we wanted everyone to get on that ledge or anywere else on one of these pictures we would have posted a detailed explanation. I didn’t because I don’t want all these places blocked and fixed within a weeks time. Hope you understand.

This was Rahn:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Rahn
If it’s not him, it seems devs like putting young boys in high and odd places :|

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
- Mike Obrien

Posted by: Angry Dutch.2439

Angry Dutch.2439

Cool theres a few in there i havn’t yet been to. Have to check them out you can get higher on the reactor and look at the fire ele from up top

There is no shame in fear of the dutchman.

Farothion.7604

Cool theres a few in there i havn’t yet been to. Have to check them out you can get higher on the reactor and look at the fire ele from up top

You mean as in like… Picture 10? Don’t try Mr.Offmap son. Haha.

And Erick Alastor, I finally get you. Sorry I am not into the Lore that much. It could or could not be him. I don’t know. But there is a little kid on there yea. If you want me to take a closer picture send me a whisp!

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

yeh map glitching is very fun
i think i have at least 3000 screenshots from mapglitching alone ^^

i already glitched out of every single PvE map (needs a title for this!) and i know how to get under 11 (LA, Hoelbrak, Divinitys Reach, Black Citadel, The Grove, Diessa Plateau, Iron Marches, Cursed Shore, Mount Maelstrom, Caledon) of them (not counting in dungeon maps now) which is always fun since you can let the game teleport you on top of everything then
(been under 12 but the other one was a random bug)
—> we need new maps to glitch out of!

[…]

I am not claiming to be the only one practicing the art of “Off-mapping” though. I am claiming the title though for I only know 1 player in the entire game that knows as many places as I do. (Xiem/Trix – We play together sometimes)

i bet i know more places and glitches :P
we can make a fun competition to see who is more map-glitch addicted

funny thing is that i discovered 3 jumping puzzles by map glitching…
i glitched around since its so much fun to explore whats beyond the invisible walls and high rocks and suddenly… jumping puzzle achievement xD

this game is full of possible glitches in every map…

you can get easily under every wvw borderland and under eternal battleground
also under obsidian sanctum

you can then port into keeps, towers, walls in SM etc…
and also skip half of the obsidian sanctum jumping puzzle…
all without any hacks just by jumping and using port skills…
they really need fix pls!!!

except for ONE thing in wvw:
glitching under obsidian sanctum and then swimming to EB and then glitching out again and you have the WHOLE EB map for yourself its all empty and all walls and doors are down

we already played some superfun private special tournament games there like 30 vs 1 and the 30 players had to search that 1 other player in the whole map and kill him in a certain time but with no other players to interrupt our nice game^^
so much fun!

but not even the spvp maps are safe…
you can glitch out of most of them
luckily it doesnt bring any real advantage since in the time you waste for glitching out of the map your enemies will have a bigger advantage and you need certain weapons/skills for it and you cant switch weapons in tournaments so you would sacrifice something there

but map glitching makes you find so many really nice places for awesome screenshots!

and @ Elrey
you can definitly get there before you finished last boss etc….
don’t you know the skip jump that everyone uses for fw?
you can just continue from there and jump to the edge of the TA map and explore further^^
and that fear of jumping to the edge of the maps… is totally unnecessary…
you can have funny 30 second jumps because you slide down in the air at the edge of maps so slowly
and if you use your legendary with footprints there you will have like 20 footprints per second which looks pretty amazing

Attachments:

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

(edited by Orangensaft.7139)

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

Kewl secret locations guys, I have been to the OPs locations #2, 5, 7, 8, and 10, haven’t figured out the lighthouse yet.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Elrey.5472

and @ Elrey
you can definitly get there before you finished last boss etc….
don’t you know the skip jump that everyone uses for fw?
you can just continue from there and jump to the edge of the TA map and explore further^^

Uhm, no idea about that one, i honestly didn’t tried that one since i only play Aetherpath in TA, and the video was recorded after a full Aetherpath run. The entrance would be in an area only accessible after clockheart died.

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

WoodenPotatoes did a couple of videos on this kinda stuff. Pretty interesting

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

Posted by: Sweetblue Huntress.9856

Sweetblue Huntress.9856

I have a friend that has made it his mission to find how to get under the maps. My guild stumbled upon one in Iron Marches when we had a guild event using a Twisted Watchwork Portal Device. We could see the Chaos Crystal Caverns as if it were cross sectioned…very cool to see. Going under the map in Cursed Shore looks cooler though…I think he mostly uses jumping and Experimental Rifles.

Here’s a shot in front the Cathedral of Silence in Cursed Shore:

Attachments:

Leta Lorelei – Luwythea – Too many more to name
Jade Quarry

Farothion.7604

A wonderfull new place I discovered today together with my 2 Off-map buddies.
Hands down the most breath-taking place I have ever seen. Please go take a look!
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Most-breath-taking-place-in-GW2-Mr-Offmap/first#post3877316

Elrey.5472

Posted by: Thyrian.3541

Thyrian.3541

Nice places!

I also like to go off the map exploring sometimes. I know a very easy one, which i’m suprised you haven’t found it yet.

I can show it to you if you like, It’s a nice mountain climb.

Farothion.7604

Nice places!

I also like to go off the map exploring sometimes. I know a very easy one, which i’m suprised you haven’t found it yet.

I can show it to you if you like, It’s a nice mountain climb.

I didn’t post “All” the places I know here. Just the ones with an extraordinary view

Posted by: Shayne Hawke.9160

Shayne Hawke.9160

I want to know how to get where you are in that first picture.

YT channel - GW2 Activity vids and more
Activities are dead.
Sanctum Sprint record times: any checkpoints – 39.333, all checkpoints – 1:55.633

Farothion.7604

That’s under Rata Sum. At the portal to the Polymock Arena’s