You think I forgot? Build save? :D

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Dantert.1803

Dantert.1803

Still waiting for the build saving system here… Just saying!

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

^^ Would be an amazing feature in this game. (please include gear, traits, and skill change; so that switching builds is seamless) Thanks.

Posted by: TEKnowledgy.1760

TEKnowledgy.1760

Would be nice . I mean GW1 had it, I don’t see why it could not be implemented into a more advanced game like gw2. Just make it save to HDD rather than their servers, like gw1. Unless some sorta exploit in the build files would exist, which i doubt.
People have been asking for it even back 4 years ago.
Maybe they just have higher priorities who is to say?

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

switching between WvW, PVP and PVE at least keeps your traits intact so there is no need to revamp them every time. So at least for traits it should be easy to implement. But the reason it’s not in the game yet is because they want to make sure they include everything in the builds, including weapons and armor, which gets complicated. I believe some dev said that they will first implement it in PVP, once it’s done for PVP builds, moving it to the rest of the game shouldn’t be far.

Posted by: Yunjii Sun.3512

Yunjii Sun.3512

But the reason it’s not in the game yet is because they want to make sure they include everything in the builds, including weapons and armor, which gets complicated.

Maybe they should play their own games first. In GW1, saving builds and switching gear wasn’t the same thing but both actions were actually quite easy. I really hope they will do something similar. It has been bugging me since they launched the game :/

Anet, please remember that perfect is the enemy of good.

“We don’t make grindy games — we leave the grind to other MMOs.”

-Mike Obrien, President of Arenanet

Posted by: gin.7158

gin.7158

playing ranger in pve without build template is painful. up for visibility ;p

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

this was a great tool in GW1. It really should be in GW2 also, with luck we’ll get it at some point.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I remember about a year before launch reading that we wouldn’t have an easy way to switch between builds because they wanted each character’s build to feel like an important part of that character, or words to that effect. I remember wondering how that would work out. I had a build panel full of builds in gw1, many grabbed from chat as people pinged them. Most were never used but it made that game so flexible and easy to change to fit your needs instead of this “one size fits all” cookie cutter approach to any challenge the game gives you. (I can’t remember the last time I changed my build for any PvE event).

So +1 for builds then +1 for a reason to use different builds in the open world.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: NumenorLord.6539

NumenorLord.6539

+1

Please make it also include armor/trinkets/weapons/food/utility

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

Another 4-year-old game will get it soon.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I remember about a year before launch reading that we wouldn’t have an easy way to switch between builds because they wanted each character’s build to feel like an important part of that character, or words to that effect. I remember wondering how that would work out. I had a build panel full of builds in gw1, many grabbed from chat as people pinged them. Most were never used but it made that game so flexible and easy to change to fit your needs instead of this “one size fits all” cookie cutter approach to any challenge the game gives you. (I can’t remember the last time I changed my build for any PvE event).

So +1 for builds then +1 for a reason to use different builds in the open world.

I personally would like it just for when ok changing weapons, so if I’m running around with GS and A/A, I can have my build set up for that. I know it’s mot that big of a deal theses days, but I have to day I’m a bit lazy like that, so I end up with the same weapons as I can’t be bothered to change my build, don’t think I’ve changed my builds since HoT came out.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Mithos.9023

Mithos.9023

Yea we really need a feature like this. When I think about how much time I lose just by switching between the two most needed builds I have on my main character. It would be so much better to have more QOL here. Furthermore, those builds are not optimal but a compromise. Luckily I can use the same statts for WvW and PvE as back line player. But with the choice of runes I always feel that I am lacking in things like fractals as it is optimized for wvw. Therefore, I really can’t understand the original approach, there is no build for all occasions. You will always be sub optimal, especially when it comes to pvp encounters like wvw were optimizing your gear can make a difference between success and loss. When I think about it I can come up with three different builds alone for wvw, back line, front line and roaming. Then another one for pve or even two if you want to specialize for things like raiding. 5 builds in total and with the current system managing more than two builds seems already more or less impossible.

At least I can remember a few statements that a systems like this might come in the future. From my perspective the sooner the better.

+1 for build templates

We need build and gear-templates!!!!!!!!!!

maddoctor.2738

At least I can remember a few statements that a systems like this might come in the future. From my perspective the sooner the better.

Yep. Last one I remember was from 2 years ago.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Suggestion-Favorite-builds-button/first

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Had a need for this just the other day. For my warrior, I usually run double-melee, but sometimes I just need a bowzerker. Because lazy, or something. I ended up not bothering with anything more than swapping one trait around, because I didn’t want to have to load the Berzerker elite and then swap back after the fight was over.

Build templates, please.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Mithos.9023

Mithos.9023

Wow heaven’t heard of this one, I had something different and more vague on my mind. Sounds promising to me, if it was just not two years old.

We need build and gear-templates!!!!!!!!!!

maddoctor.2738

Wow heaven’t heard of this one, I had something different and more vague on my mind. Sounds promising to me, if it was just not two years old.

That post is mostly about pvp so it’s a bit more complicated than a possible pve version, for example runes and sigils don’t make much sense to be included in a pve template, they come included inside armor/weapons.

Even in GW1 they didn’t have a full build system, there were two different systems, one for skills and traits and a separate one for items. I don’t understand why those 2 years ago they wanted to make a system for both, make two systems like GW1, and a trait/skill system shouldn’t even be hard to implement, there are already build websites out there that are using text strings to represent whole builds.

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Don’t hold your breath. Nearly all of Arenanet’s effort seems to be being poured into the Play-It-Once™ Living Story. Granted, it looks great, but that only makes players of other content more resentful.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Posted by: Dantert.1803

Dantert.1803

Don’t hold your breath. Nearly all of Arenanet’s effort seems to be being poured into the Play-It-Once™ Living Story. Granted, it looks great, but that only makes players of other content more resentful.

That is not true! Only because the LS is more visible it doesn’t mean they are not doing anything for the other modes.
Also I’m talking about buid saving for every mode, also for PvE

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

playing ranger in pve without build template is painful. up for visibility ;p

+1