You unlocked worldcompletion. Do you want to

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: SlateSloan.3654

SlateSloan.3654

…create this new character on level 80 with all waypoints unlocked?

let me entertain you

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

No

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

I agree with Yargesh.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: OtterPaws.2036

OtterPaws.2036

~Hart Warband~
Levi Ironhart, Cassandra Irehart, Lucio Trothart
Discord Gearhart, Naevius Soulhart, Frisk Softhart

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Yes. I do want that.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Posted by: Milkshake.4038

Milkshake.4038

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

I have completed world 9 times already with every class and enjoyed every minute. Why would I want to skip that much fun?

Posted by: Lampshade.7569

Lampshade.7569

How about an NPC that exchanges Gift of Exploration for full reveal and all waypoints (no exp)?

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Creating a character at lvl 80 too easy. Just double click and hit Accept on 79 tomes like us hardcore folks.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Togo.7094

Togo.7094

How about an NPC that exchanges Gift of Exploration for full reveal and all waypoints (no exp)?

I actually like that suggestion. Does the no exp part also include no rewards including gifts of exploration though? If yes i’m ok with that suggestion. If no i’m not ok with your suggestion.

Posted by: OtterPaws.2036

OtterPaws.2036

I actually like that suggestion. Does the no exp part also include no rewards including gifts of exploration though? If yes i’m ok with that suggestion. If no i’m not ok with your suggestion.

If it leaves out all map completion rewards then super idea

~Hart Warband~
Levi Ironhart, Cassandra Irehart, Lucio Trothart
Discord Gearhart, Naevius Soulhart, Frisk Softhart

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

I want all legendaries in my mail after hitting world completion.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

No. I actually enjoy the leveling process and opening up new map. So I neither want an instant level 80 nor do I want the maps unlocked.

An optional system where someone can get map unlocks but get no map completion bonuses, including the Gift of Exploration, is fine with me.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: TheMSR.7120

TheMSR.7120

How about one Waypoint in each region?

Posted by: Dyvor Kurozu.4893

Dyvor Kurozu.4893

No. I actually enjoy the leveling process and opening up new map. So I neither want an instant level 80 nor do I want the maps unlocked.

An optional system where someone can get map unlocks but get no map completion bonuses, including the Gift of Exploration, is fine with me.

+1 on this, it should be a given that if you want to get an instant map completion then you must in turn have some kind of payback for that convenience.

Posted by: DGraves.3720

DGraves.3720

To be totally honest and barring all nonsense it really doesn’t matter.

A fresh level 80 with no gear, nothing to sell, no gold from events, no karma, and nothing else but a singular playthrough backing it is worthless. All the gold you accumulated the first time you hit 80 and finished the world map is nowhere near enough to support or sustain three or more of these insta-80s and worse yet you won’t know how to play them even if you get them to 80.

Its not an enlightened state, it’s just a number.

Posted by: Glass Hand.7306

Glass Hand.7306

…create this new character on level 80 with all waypoints unlocked?

No.

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

No…

Unlocking all maps, would that mean:

1. get all WP’s for free?
  2. get all WP’s and Poi’s for free?
  3. get all WP’s, Poi’s and Vista’s
  4. get all WP’s, Poi’s, Vista’s and hearts?
  5. get all WP’s, Poi’s, Vista’s, hearts, JP’s and mini dungeons…?
  6. get everything? including dungeon acces& insta level 100 fractals and a full legendary set?

if you’ve entered any value above 1 -> pls move to the next game.

9 times map and 8 times all Heropoints and Waypoints… 18 times story.

-edit : added italic section

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

If they were going to offer a jump start, chances are they would sell it at luxury price. WoW for example offers a level capped boost for $60. GW2 could easily do the same, offering a level 80 character with full exotics, 20 slot bags, waypoints and maybe hero challenges.

If they were simply going to boost your character, the casual expectations would be even more severe. They should have never casually given out tomes and scrolls in the first place. See the people with X characters complaining about having to actually play the game for hero points, which is what you had to do back before scrolls existed, or alternatively, grind level 80.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

No…

Unlocking all maps, would that mean:

1. get all WP’s for free?
  2. get all WP’s and Poi’s for free?
  3. get all WP’s, Poi’s and Vista’s
  4. get all WP’s, Poi’s, Vista’s and hearts?
  5. get all WP’s, Poi’s, Vista’s, hearts, JP’s and mini dungeons…?
  6. get everything? including dungeon acces& insta level 100 fractals and a full legendary set?

if you’ve entered any value -> pls move to the next game.

9 times map and 8 times all Heropoints and Waypoints… 18 times story.

From reading other threads and posts about this, what I’m seeing is they only want the waypoints unlocked. Except for die hard PvP/WvW people, they’ve already have done map completion at least once and want the ability to go anywhere on their alts.

At this point in the game I don’t think it really requires everyone running through all the maps just to unlock waypoints. Those people who want it aren’t going to be staying on those maps to do hearts/pois anyway, so it’s not like it’s going to depopulate the maps since they’re not on those maps in the first place. If anything, it might bring more people onto the maps if they have full unlock on their level 80s.

So imo, if they want to pay for an optional all waypoints unlock and lose all map completion rewards including the Gifts of Exploration then I’m not seeing it as a big deal. imo, the game lost the argument of saying no to instant access the moment it was possible to stand in the starter instance on a brand new char and a brand new profession and tome to 80.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

The unlocking system is outdated.

WP should be account bound ideally. I’d even rather pay 50s per unlock port over having to run through again.

For many players it’s tedious, particularly those of us who have many characters.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

I personally do not have any problems with the present system, I have had 23 characters in total, 3 deleted ones (at least ones which lasted for more then a couple of months) so I’m not counting Key farming chars, or transmutation farm chars, 20 of these actually finished all story, 19 had all WP’s and all HP’s, 9 have full map…

I tomelevelled about 7 or 8 of all 23. Some had a headstart (lvl 20(/30) scroll) in the end I found I kept the characters I actively levelled more active and was more familiar with builds and effective rotations. As for my experience with mapping:

1. you will/could/should make a build to map…. get speed boost(s), perma 25% speed, and learn to travel
  2. you will learn to skip and evade efficiently, you’ll learn to instakill trash mobs
  3. you will learn maps in detail, and be able to use shortcuts via gliding, tunnels and such, learn events and their locations, you’ll remember area’s with specific spawns…

So I foresee problems…. at least in certain parts of the game… where I can imagine :

• make 1 lvl 80,
  • get map, this can be done in ~ 1-5 weeks with some <-> no grind.
  • stack tomes ( writs, fractals, WvW or PvP)
  • tome the new alt to 80
  • unlock map instant and say “now I can play this character…”
  • leaving us with a new group fast levellers who have characters they cannot use and not getting to understand their new class due to not knowing skills/traits/capabilities but having acces to all content.

I understand WvW and PvP players will objet to me saying this but I am looking at ppl with >1000 AP and just creating their 3 main characters after 1 char rushed world. At this time 90% of the players is below 3300 AP…. 60% of the players is below 1000 AP and to make sure ppl play the game as such I’d suggest an added requirement….

Unlock Suggestion:

I’d suggest:
Map Unlock will cost 1 gift of exploration/char and forfeit all map completion bonusses
(so no transmutation charges from cities, no black lion keys, no 40 mats, no armor/weapon drops and lastly no gift of exploration)
So 1 fully explored map on 1 character will buy you 2 free explores and no added gain other then just opening all waypoints, not even PoI’s or HP’s with an added restriction:

• PvE:
    Map Unlocks locked for all 1st of proffessions: so if you make a warrior, you could unlock the world for a second warrior but not for a first guardian for example. I’d rather see ppl playing and learning their class, 99% of all PvE content can be facetanked and passed by pressing 1111111111111111, including dungeons and fractals.
  • WvW
    You can unlock once you become bronze class, most ppl will learn their class very fast in WvW.
  • PvP
    You can unlock when you reached WOLF rank, most ppl will learn their class very fast in PvP.

For easy acces to end level PvE content I’d rather see:

ALL the Portals to Fort Trinity opened up…. at the moment the first character on an account got his lvl 60 (the battle for claw island) or 70 (defend for trinity) story done to ease acces into ORR (70-80)

This leaves the Dungeons and Forstgorge relatively distant, but all those maps can be accessed within a span of 2-3 hours. (AC,CM,TA all being in starter area’s, only distant ones being COF and HotW, and SE and CoE accessible fast via Fort Trinity )

This might leave the acces to area’s for guild missions (treks/bounties/world bosses) a little harder, but I do not see why the whole game should be instantly unlocked… if you want to play a specific game mode you should explore and unlock it.

An Explorer.

Note: I modded my previous post, I know some hardcore PvP and WvW players, I think they should /could work with 2 unlocks of WP’s per 1 actual World complete, as long as they could accept the fact they’ll not recieve Gifts of Exploration.

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

Posted by: that baby stealing dingo.7216

that baby stealing dingo.7216

This makes massive sense. I like it.

I have a sword, a dagger, and an estimated life span of 2.47 seconds.

Posted by: SlateSloan.3654

SlateSloan.3654

I think that there are alot veterans who would still play more and want to use classes which they have not played before.

Im currently in the situation that id like to play gw2 but want to play it with several different classes i currently not have yet but i definately will not spend 1-5 weeks daily fractal and edge of the mist noodeling around until i got a char finaly on 80 to be able to play the content i want to play.

i definately have the waste of lifetime in focus here.

Players who want to level noodle around can do that if they like. All others should be able to select a level 80 startup option on character creation screen. Arenanet should respect the lifetime of its players here as its likely that there will also be more classes in the future if we take in account that like 50% of tyrias map is not yet revealed.

Dont offer me any pay for faster comfort solutions i wont accept those.

let me entertain you

Posted by: nottsgman.8206

nottsgman.8206

No

^this

70 ‘mains’ and waiting for more slots
| 61 Asura | 5 Charr | 2 Norn | 1 Human | 1 Sylvari |

Posted by: Phy.2913

Phy.2913

The only semi-kinda-sorta- argument I’ve seen worth considering is the “I don’t want to see the game made easier” crowd. Other than that, how would my ability to move around the map slightly sooner negatively affect your gameplay enough to stop this from happening?

Posted by: tinymurder.5791

tinymurder.5791

I like this suggestion, and recommend that you repost it on either the CDI Forum, or see if the community development thread is still active.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

You unlocked worldcompletion. Do you want to …create this new character on level 80 with all waypoints unlocked?

Want to? Sure. Do I think it would be good for the game to offer this? No, not really.

This is one of the those “sound like a good idea” suggestions that costs a lot more to implement than people think (as has been noted in the numerous threads on the topic) and provides relatively little benefit — for all the complications, it’s a one-time per character minor savings of time.

I have an alternative suggestion that I hope would be easier to code and support:
Single waypoint unlock consumables

• These would work like level-up tomes: eat one and you unlock a single waypoint (perhaps random, perhaps player gets to choose the zone base on character level, or perhaps it could be any unlock).
  • The unlock would generate 0 xp, but would count for world completion.
  • Each consumable would cost an XP token, which we’d earn after completing all masteries in the region.

This would continue ANet’s trend of providing modest benefits to veteran players for investing extra time on the same characters, without putting less-frequent or new players at a stark disadvantage. It would also help us to feel that post-Mastery experience still has some use.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”