You've got to be kidding me...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Victrola.4560

Victrola.4560

Another godkitten outfit? Seriously ANet?
As much as I love to look fabulous and have versatility when it comes to my wardrobe, enough is enough.
How about we get some armor SKINS so that we can customize our appearances better?
You know, like you guys used to do quite often before outfits came along?
I’m sorry, but giving 4 dye channels to an outfit is not enough, ESPECIALLY when you are required to wear the entire outfit.
This isn’t Costume Wars; Halloween was last week.
Concerned fashion graduate,
-Victor

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

They announced a while back that armor sets are now in game earnable only and that means needing the HoT expansion and the Gem Shop will be outfits only. Back pieces are not considered to be armor for whatever reason. And neither are glider skins.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

It would be nice however if they just have the new skins be both outfits AND Armour skins. Similar to how they are selling glider/wing combos. This would please everybody I should imagine. The mix and matchers can have their options and low lvls and new alts can still enjoy outfits in their full without having to waste transmute stones.

Problem solved.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

They added a new complete armor skin for every subclass in HoT.

EDIT: Looks like its only partial skins afterall.

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

(edited by Hannelore.8153)

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

It would be nice however if they just have the new skins be both outfits AND Armour skins. Similar to how they are selling glider/wing combos. This would please everybody I should imagine. The mix and matchers can have their options and low lvls and new alts can still enjoy outfits in their full without having to waste transmute stones.

Problem solved.

Armor skins take a lot longer to make than outfits to test and deal with clipping issues from the shear number of combinations across all races.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

They announced a while back that armor sets are now in game earnable only and that means needing the HoT expansion and the Gem Shop will be outfits only. Back pieces are not considered to be armor for whatever reason. And neither are glider skins.

But they rarely add new Armor sets earn-able in-game. They did the Glorious armor and that’s about it, meaning I’ll never have a chance at more diverse medium armor chest skins (skirtless male stuff) since the focus is 100% on outfits. I don’t really count HoT expansion as being an addition on-par with their Outfit releases, and the armors pretty crummy with nothing new or unique about them. Leyline is unique in the aspect that it looks like a Chak s*** all over you and it solidified into concrete.

Till the core/universal game receives new skins at least monthly it’s all pretty much bull. People buy gold through gems so cmon, even if you make them insanely overpriced like racial it’d be better then the current situation which = never happens.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

(edited by Doggie.3184)

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

I don’t like any of the new armour very much.

Some of the weaps are really nice, but most of the armour? No.

It’s started to go in a WoWish direction and one of the medium armour chests is positively hideous, frankly.

There is really no other word for it.

I have always just wanted some simple top and pant options (with no skirts, or flaps, or straps, or padding, or pockets, or whatever).

Then the weaps and backpacks could be allowed to shine.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth