Your FPS with windows 10

Your FPS with windows 10

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Vicao.5068

Vicao.5068

Hello guys,
I want to ask for the people who updated to windows 10.

How is your FPS? Better or the same?
Bugs?

Thank you!

Your FPS with windows 10

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

I think I went up a couple fps. Only odd thing I’ve noticed is a weird scratch noise that happens when I launch the game.

Your FPS with windows 10

Posted by: Tachyon.5897

Tachyon.5897

I think I went up a couple fps. Only odd thing I’ve noticed is a weird scratch noise that happens when I launch the game.

Just before the character selection screen appears? I get that too, but it’s only from the left front speaker.

Your FPS with windows 10

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

It works well for me. I’ve had no real problems with it. Other than I keep losing permissions on my picture folder, but that is not a big problem. I’ve not seen a noticeable increase in fps, but then my game was running smooth beforehand. Boot times are a lot quicker than 7.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Your FPS with windows 10

Posted by: headraver.4862

headraver.4862

ive not really noticed any diffrence using windows 10 but i do love the built in recording software so you can record your games i think mircosoft have finally created a good operating system time will tell

Your FPS with windows 10

Posted by: Klinch.2964

Klinch.2964

I get that scratch noise too, but with a few other games as well, not just Gw2

Your FPS with windows 10

Posted by: SindeeCyanide.9687

SindeeCyanide.9687

My FPS is the same, and I get that scratching noise too.

I just thought it was my speakers crapping out on me.

1111122333wwwwwwssssssssdddddddddddaaaaaasdddddwhy aren’t my skills wor—oh.

Your FPS with windows 10

Posted by: Vech.7396

Vech.7396

Id say I gain about 5-10 with windows 10, I also had the Screech noise from audio, but only the first time I loaded the game after installing windows 10, SO far I’m completely impressed.

Your FPS with windows 10

Posted by: Apolo.5942

Apolo.5942

About the same. No sound issue thou.

This had already been explained, unless they actually move to dx12, which in turn they cant do unless they fix their main thread on their engine, there is not going to be any change to your FPS.

The term Exploit means nothing in GW2 –
Vials Maize Balm Exploit(Halloween) 2014
Locked out of JP (Wintersday) 2015

Your FPS with windows 10

Posted by: Forgotten Legend.9281

Forgotten Legend.9281

Windows 10 shipped with DX11.2. DX12 won’t be released til around the holidays, earliest.

on my old AMD phenom2 x4 965, 8G DDR3 1600 RAM, with GTX 480, and a 10k rpm HDD, 1600×1200 LCD monitor, i haven’t noticed any difference in framerates, but load times are considerably faster after the initial loadscreen for each character. all my load screens in Win 7 used to be minimum 45 seconds. now they average 15 seconds or less.

i have not upgraded the win8.1 machine yet, and i won’t be for some time.

– The Baconnaire

Your FPS with windows 10

Posted by: Ykfox.3825

Ykfox.3825

I get that scratch noise too, but with a few other games as well, not just Gw2

You seem to be able to fix that scratch noise by running the game in compatibility mode for Windows 7/8.

Your FPS with windows 10

Posted by: imsoenthused.1634

imsoenthused.1634

Windows 10 shipped with DX11.2. DX12 won’t be released til around the holidays, earliest.

on my old AMD phenom2 x4 965, 8G DDR3 1600 RAM, with GTX 480, and a 10k rpm HDD, 1600×1200 LCD monitor, i haven’t noticed any difference in framerates, but load times are considerably faster after the initial loadscreen for each character. all my load screens in Win 7 used to be minimum 45 seconds. now they average 15 seconds or less.

my current directx diagnostic panel shows directx 12, so you are mistaken. I also gained a few FPS, like 2-3 on average, haven’t really noticed a difference in loading times.

edit: I just want to mention, the FPS gains I’m pretty certain are purely a result of windows 10 having less overhead for the system than Windows 7 or 8.1, Guild Wars 2 being a primarily CPU bound game.

All morons hate it when you call them a moron. – J. D. Salinger

(edited by imsoenthused.1634)

Your FPS with windows 10

Posted by: Fermi.2409

Fermi.2409

Unchanged, or at least so similar that I don’t notice a difference

HAF 912 | i7-3770k @ 4.5 GHz | MSI GTX 1070 GAMING 8GB | Gigabyte Z77X-D3H
EGVA SuperNOVA B2 750W | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | Acer XG270HU | Win 10×64
MX Brown Quickfire XT | Commander Shaussman [AGNY]- Fort Aspenwood

Your FPS with windows 10

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

I upgraded from Win7 on a GTX670 to Win10 on a GTX980Ti the other day and I can tell you it still drop below 60fps where it doesnt matter if you change from low to high settings, its still the same fps. While GW2 remain pretty and stylish, its built on an engine that is completely CPU bound. Win10 cant help it all that much.

Your FPS with windows 10

Posted by: Harprabh.6907

Harprabh.6907

I am Also the getting the scrach noise when i start guild wars 2 right before the character screen slection

Your FPS with windows 10

Posted by: XxsdgxX.8109

XxsdgxX.8109

Lol same here with the scratch noise but with every game in fact.
And I couldn’t really notice any improvement in regards to fps ;(
with other games I did notice but they run in dx11 while GW2 has dx9

Stella Truth Seeker

Your FPS with windows 10

Posted by: imsoenthused.1634

imsoenthused.1634

Scratch really is solved by setting things to run in windows 7 or 8 compatability mode. Not sure what causes it, but if it’s bothering you it’s easy to fix, albeit on a case by case basis.

All morons hate it when you call them a moron. – J. D. Salinger

Your FPS with windows 10

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

No – Win 10 has DX12 – it is your video card that can’t support it, so it shows the DX version your video can support is all.

I have a Radeon 7950 and DXdiag reports DX 12 for me.

proof below.

Attachments:

Your FPS with windows 10

Posted by: Lil Puppy.5216

Lil Puppy.5216

Mine is the same fps but it seems to skip half of the frames, tons of jitter when turning. It’s really annoying and I can’t figure out what’s causing it. That didn’t happen with Win7, all was smooth.

Also the scratch/bleep sounds when any directx game starts.

Your FPS with windows 10

Posted by: iSmack.1768

iSmack.1768

Lower fps than what I was getting in Windows 8.1

Your FPS with windows 10

Posted by: ToT.7018

ToT.7018

I also get the scratch from front left speaker.
One issue i have noticed now that if i’m in a big zerg some of the character models go to the basic looking version whereas that never used to happen.

Your FPS with windows 10

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

What are people seeing for their numbers though, not the deltas? I am debating whether to trust it to a virtual machine and what I should see. For comparison to win10, my mac gets down into as low as the mid 50s during things like teq.

Your FPS with windows 10

Posted by: Ozymandias.3295

Ozymandias.3295

No noticeable frame rate change since change over.

Guild Wars veteran player.. a Guild Warrior since April 26 2005

Your FPS with windows 10

Posted by: Havok.1946

Havok.1946

0 issues with Windows 10. It does come with Direct X 12, however there are no drivers for it other than what nvidia released, but the game does not support it. There will be no Direct X 12 games for at least the next year or so at least.

Live your dreams.

Your FPS with windows 10

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

I’ve had no changes at all in my fps since updating to 10

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Your FPS with windows 10

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

theres already dx12 games, most of them are in alpha stage though but you can play them.
for released game, so far only wushu online is dx12.
you will see more dx12 games most likely by end of this year or start of this year.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Your FPS with windows 10

Posted by: BattleCat.2098

BattleCat.2098

I grew up in the 80s with ZX Spectrum, Tiki-100, Commodore 64 and Amiga 600, so when it comes to FPS, I have two settings: Smooth or not smooth. Whether the FPS is 30 or 120 doesn’t interest me at all, anymore than I cared about the quality of DVD-movies over VHS-movies. Or blue-ray over DVD, for that matter. I’ll happily watch a poor cam-version of a movie. (note: it’s legal over here, based on the “why can I borrow a movie from a neighbor, but not from my sister in another city?”)

But anyway, I haven’t noticed anything different when upgrading to Win10. Love the system so far, and I can now record gameplay direct from Windows (Win-key + Alt + R). But performance? Couldn’t really care less. Maybe it’s faster, maybe it’s the same. Either way, you have nothing to loose. Especially if you, like me, got Win10 for free.