Your Favorite Race Aesthetically?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tojiro.4609

Tojiro.4609

So I’m new to the game and have been making many different characters to try out each class…and each time i make a new class i look up the armor sets.

Well each time i do that i always fall into making Asuras, because their armorlooks SO GOOD ON THEM. Like with other races their armors are hit or miss, like 3/12 sets look nice, but with Asura i like almost all of their sets, it looks so nice looks kitten/cute (depending on the outfit).

So whats your favorite Race based on Looks? Mine is Asura.

Posted by: Auralae.7482

Auralae.7482

Everything but Charr. As much as I want to like them, the clipped and stretched armor, bowed knees and hunched back make me unhappy. It’s such a shame because it’s a great race.

Based on the number of characters, I guess my order of preference is:

Sylvari (3)
Asura (3)
Human (2 – not counting name holder or key characters)
Norn (2)
Charr (1)

Number of Charr that I’ve created and deleted: About 6. The armor bothers me so much.

(edited by Auralae.7482)

Posted by: dsslive.8473

dsslive.8473

I have to agree with Auralae, i tried to make charr characters, but i just keep having to delete them because i’m just not able to get one to look great, armor especially is hard.

My favourite one aesthetically, sylvari. They can be so varied and interesting, so many concepts and all armor looks great on them. The colorcombo’s you can make, just the whole aesthetic.

Second would be humans, followed by norn and asura.

Posted by: Yamialexa.5103

Yamialexa.5103

I’m mostly for Sylvari, followed by Charr and Norn.

Posted by: Kamara.4187

Kamara.4187

Norn all the way! Had they scaled down the female norn model for humans then it would probably be human. The cultural armors for norn are also amazing in my opinion. Voice? I wish the female norn would have received the voice actress used for Eir instead. Jumping? not so good, but still my favorite race based on their looks.

Posted by: paintpixie.7398

paintpixie.7398

Norn.

I also like their culture/history the best.
But Sylvari and Asura I also find interesting.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Human. I dont care for the Norn male designs, otherwise it would be Norn.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Humans the least. To me they are the most boring with their too young faces and unimaginative hairstyles/beards/no tattoos.

Charr. I like a lot but the armor…. Sheesh. I hate skirts/cloth that hangs down. Not only does it look strange with their bent knees posture but I keep on thinking they are going to go nose first into the ground when they run and get tangled up in it.

Of the rest, pretty much my favorite is Sylvari. An interesting appearing race that has minimal clipping on armor.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Charr are easily my favorite. Its so nice to see a beast race that actually looks like a proper beast race (especially the females) and not just “humans with animal heads / tails”. And the overall look they have is just awesome, brutal and interesting. Yah, there’s tons of armor problems to deal with, but I can deal with those for all the awesome Charr bring to the table.

Second is Sylvari. I’ve always been a fan of plant-beings in general (favorite LotR race? Ents!), and they have ’dat glow on top of it. I love me some glowing.

Asura are 3rd. Nothing that stands out about them too spectacularly, but they’re another non-human race, which I tend to prefer in fantasy games overall. And they do have nice animations. I do really wish they had more skin color options, though.

Humans are 4th. Meh. Utterly meh. I see humans every day.

You may think Norn should be above humans just because they’re at least not human, but I absolutely hate how female Norn are designed. Male Norn are these big hulking gorilla men, and female Norn are… just upscaled humans. Ugh. Thank god whoever designed the Norn didn’t also design the Charr, or we’d have typical anime catgirls as the female version.

Posted by: Aguri.2896

Aguri.2896

Tied between asura and charr here. Asura would be my favorite aesthetically no doubt if it wasn’t for the fact 80% of their hairstyles look like crap and it’s really hard to actually make one look good. With charr I don’t like them as much, but I can always make a good looking charr with zero effort. Asura and charr are both very creative looking races and actually look like believable creatures, not just humans wearing Halloween masks, that’s why I like them.

I’m only here because sometimes I just like to watch things burn.

Posted by: Zalani.9827

Zalani.9827

Sylvari, I just love the options that they have. Humans have way to much babyface going on for me.
I would make more Charr but the clipping issues they have just gets to me.
I don’t mind Norn/Asura.

Jadis Narnia-Sylvari Ranger of [EDGE]
Dragonbrand

Posted by: Crysto.7089

Crysto.7089

Asura, but mainly because the animations.

#1 Commander/Player NA: Promotions

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Sylvari, followed closely by other Sylvari. Then Human, Asura, Charr, and Norn. If Norn actually looked like Braham does in the loading screen art I’d move them before or after Humans. ;o dem musclez.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Sylvari for aesthetics.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

human male, female norn

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Nephziel.6053

Nephziel.6053

I prefer humans visually.

Lore vise I think it would be norns. But something about those gorilla hands puts me off.
I wish they were bit more like 200 years ago

Posted by: CD673141-975B-42E9-8500-F0FEFF861A7D

CD673141-975B-42E9-8500-F0FEFF861A7D

Well my characters are as follow:

1- Ranger — Asura
2- Mesmer — Asura
3- Necro —-- Asura
4- War —-- a horrible human.
5- Guard —-- Asura

ASURA MASTER RACE!!!

Posted by: warbignime.4610

warbignime.4610

#Charr is love, Charr is life.

Some must fight so that all may be free.

Posted by: Lazuli.2098

Lazuli.2098

3 Humans (2 female, 1 male)
2 Norn (1 each gender)
2 Sylvari (1 each)
2 Asura (1 each)
1 Charr (female)

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Sylvari Thief
Sylvari Guardian (was Norn but deleted)
Sylvari Necro
Sylvari Ranger
Sylvari Revenant
Human Warrior
Human Mesmer
Asura Elementalist
Charr Engineer

All male cuz I manly boi. /flex [emote not found]

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Oreithyia.3064

Oreithyia.3064

by the aestetics of the characters alone Sylvari and Asura, by aestetics of the cities Asura and charr.
i really like the deathstar-look of the black citadel and the rusty metal theme and Rata Sum feels like running around on a ginat space ship which is just cool. Asura and charr also have the coolest animations in my opnion. I like my charr running on four legs and how crazily high the asua can jump. playing asura feels so fast which fits them great.

I also like the Norn, but I personally don’t think Hoelbrak is fitting the lore and culture of the Norn well…I really like the lonely homesteads in the shiverpeaks though.
I also would have prefered it, when there was at least one body model for the females to make them look more like their male counterparts. Perhaps that’s something, dear A.net I’d like to have in the total-makeover-pack. Some of the Norn women are just human in big, which is kind of sad and boring in my opinion. I, as a female player, want have the possibility to play a massive overly muscular female norn please.

humans…it’s not that I hate them, but when it comes to the visual things, I think the other races are more interesting, becuae they are what makes GW2 different from other MMOs. DR and Ebonfalke are still great cites to run around in and I kind of like the starting areas a bit more than the others though.
A few more african looking faces would be nice and i really would like to have a smooth topknot choice for my guardian of canthan descent.

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

1. Sylvari – they look the best when standing still.

2. Asura – their animations are the best.