Your Train and why

Your Train and why

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

Frost gorge, Queens dale, Southsun, Cursed Shore. Which of these trains do you take and why.

#ELEtism

(edited by Chaotic Storm.2815)

Your Train and why

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

I don’t do trains.

Your Train and why

Posted by: Darkobra.6439

Darkobra.6439

I actually play the game.

Your Train and why

Posted by: Scumbag Mawile.6384

Scumbag Mawile.6384

I’d occasionally attend a Southsun train if I knew of one. Love lil bb young karka and their blood.

I say occasionally because I don’t like wasting hours of my life as a mindless drone amassing fantasy currency in a multiplayer game.

Disciple of Quag

Your Train and why

Chaotic Storm.2815

I’d occasionally attend a Southsun train if I knew of one. Love lil bb young karka and their blood.

I say occasionally because I don’t like wasting hours of my life as a mindless drone amassing fantasy currency in a multiplayer game.

I’m up there with you on that. I’m usual playing the game but I get times were I’m suddenly in the mood for mindless farming for an hour or so. I always try for southsun.

#ELEtism

Your Train and why

Posted by: Lexandro.1456

Lexandro.1456

People in the trains are playing the game too. Whether you agree with the style of play they have is irrelevant, they are still playing the game.

@OP; I often run the FGS train for gold/mats or when im bored. Dont often go to the QD train as almost all my chars are well beyond QD.

Your Train and why

Posted by: Darkobra.6439

Darkobra.6439

People in the trains are playing the game too. Whether you agree with the style of play they have is irrelevant, they are still playing the game.

@OP; I often run the FGS train for gold/mats or when im bored. Dont often go to the QD train as almost all my chars are well beyond QD.

Play however you want. Just don’t get in my dungeon parties. You’re actually required to dodge in them.

Your Train and why

Lexandro.1456

Running in a train =/= ability to dodge.

Failed reasoning there.

Your Train and why

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

Queens Dale if I’m solo. The champs at Frost Gorge are too strong to be taken down alone, though, people there tend to have sweeter tears.

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

Your Train and why

Posted by: Asmodeus.5782

Asmodeus.5782

I would visit the Cursed Shore train sometimes, if it ever started running again.

Language is a virus from outer space.

William S. Burroughs

Your Train and why

Chaotic Storm.2815

I would visit the Cursed Shore train sometimes, if it ever started running again.

wasn’t aware they had a train there.

#ELEtism

Your Train and why

Lexandro.1456

There was one a while ago, which resulted in the devs changing CS to stop champ farming exploits. People were deliberately failing event chains to restart them and farm the champs that spawned.

For about a fornight you could barely get in CS main and when you did it was full of people screaming at one another for completing the event and making other people wait. Horribad times that was.

Your Train and why

Posted by: Scumbag Mawile.6384

Scumbag Mawile.6384

i think they mean the event train that ran from launch to a few months ago when they dropped a nerf

Disciple of Quag

Your Train and why

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

Frostgorge, though I’d rather be back doing the pre-champ, Plinx/Penet/Shelt/Jofast runs before those were completely ruined. They were a lot more fun.

Your Train and why

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Rarely any, but if I had to then Queensdale because it’s a little slower paced and the scenery is nice.

Frostgorge is just a mad rush – I hate it.

Your Train and why

Chaotic Storm.2815

There was one a while ago, which resulted in the devs changing CS to stop champ farming exploits. People were deliberately failing event chains to restart them and farm the champs that spawned.

For about a fornight you could barely get in CS main and when you did it was full of people screaming at one another for completing the event and making other people wait. Horribad times that was.

sounds no different then our current trains. wonder why anets yet to do anything about them.

#ELEtism

Your Train and why

Posted by: Asmodeus.5782

Asmodeus.5782

People organized a CS train on Piken during most of the Wintersday event, our Gates of Arah and Melandru were bugged and effectively disabled. It was quite fun to fight champions that could actually down a nice chunk of the train.

Language is a virus from outer space.

William S. Burroughs

(edited by Asmodeus.5782)

Your Train and why

Posted by: Mada.5319

Mada.5319

Cursed Shore train still exists?
Never even knew there was a Southsun train. What do they farm?

Your Train and why

Posted by: imsoenthused.1634

imsoenthused.1634

Don’t do them very often but I occassionally FG if I want gold or to finish up a monthly champ requirement, and I do the Queensdale one if I get a Krytan champion or event daily.

All morons hate it when you call them a moron. – J. D. Salinger

Your Train and why

Posted by: Bron.9647

Bron.9647

Usually I don’t do any and just play the game. But occasionally I will run the Queensdale champ train if I need champions for my monthly or just want to do something mindless. I don’t know the order or location of champs in Frostgorge Sound and didn’t even know there was one in Cursed Shore or Southsun Cove, so I never do those champ trains.

[EDIT] I’m pretty sure there is also a champ train in Kessex Hills, or at least there was one during the toxic tower LS.

(edited by Bron.9647)

Your Train and why

Chaotic Storm.2815

Cursed Shore train still exists?
Never even knew there was a Southsun train. What do they farm?

We farm those blue karka shells off the vets. get around 1-2 per vet can take out 2-3 vets in a min or so. none stop from 1 vet to the next each shell goes for anywhere between 6-8 silver a pop. its more pure profit vs other trains aiming for exotics lodestones and crafting materials.

#ELEtism

Your Train and why

Posted by: siralius.9517

siralius.9517

Queens Dale if I’m solo. The champs at Frost Gorge are too strong to be taken down alone, though, people there tend to have sweeter tears.

^ This guy is also cool in real life.

I’m just going with the flow.
Let’s make it “Casual Friday” errday.

Your Train and why

Posted by: nagr.1593

nagr.1593

Stop jumping on trains and farming kitten unless you actually have fun with it—then by all means continue doing it. You could call me somewhat of a hypocrite because I actually farmed brain-dead CoF P1 for months back in the day (in my defense I actually enjoyed it). But my point is do not get too comfortable because anything that too many ppl are farming will get nerfed to the ground eventually. Try to hop off trains every once in awhile and try something else. I make 20g/day easily without anything of the sort.

Arun Kar

Your Train and why

Posted by: Eglesia.5049

Eglesia.5049

Well, the train for me starts in Rata Sum. Then it moves all the way North, goes to the right one, heads South towards the Sylvari home place. Then I repeat this process until I hit every place on the right with 100% map completion. I can pace roughly a level up an hour, so within 80 hours or so, I hit level 80. Which also equates to roughly 50% map completion. Granted, it depends on if I am bored or not.