*Your* Wish List For Next Patch?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Starbird.4029

Starbird.4029

Go nuts. What could ANet add to this game to keep you playing?

For me:

- P/P generally improved for thieves, making it a viable and fun leveling and PvE spec.

- Pets now take 90% less damage from non targetted AOE attacks in PvE (50% less in PvP).

- Pet movement speed and ai generally improved.

- Condition limit removed.

- Initial HP, power and skill unlocks adjusted for several class to make the early game experience more consistant.

- General improvements to the Ranger, Engineer, Necromancer and Thief class in PvE.

- Non Combat ground movement speed for all classes increased by 30%.

(edited by Starbird.4029)

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Engineers now have a ‘kit slot’, where the second weapon slot is for most classes. They may place any kit here excepting the medical kit.

Engineers can now use hammers.

Necro Wells have had their CDs slightly lowered. The Necro staff 1 attack has increased missile speed. Power scaling on the Axe has been slightly increased.

Power scaling has been improved on Life Blast, it scales much further up at full life force, and down more at low life force. The missile speed on Dark Path has been greatly increased.

Cantrips now have slightly higher CDs (my main is an ele, and we really need this to bring our bunker builds in line before ANet does something really stupid to our dagger skills like what they did with RTL)

Dragon’s tooth is ground targeted, both flamestrike and stoneshards have slightly higher condition durations.

Static Field is now much larger, and lightning strikes periodically within the area. CD slightly increased. Ice spike is now a blast finisher.

Greater and lesser elementals can now attack while moving.

Ranger pets now have an active dodge skill.

Scaling on the ranger sword and dagger has been improved.

More ranger pets have been added.

Each race now has necro minions, engi turrets, and guardian weapons unique to their race.

The Norn Spirit forms can now attack while moving

The asura Golem skills and Power Suit can attack while moving.

NEW CULTURAL ARMORS FOR EVERYONE! YAY!

No more condition stacks limits

Tornado and Plague form now have a buff called intangible, which mitigates some damage from melee and a great amount of damage from ranged weapon attacks.

In fact, let’s just make a blanket declaration that all spammable skills can now be used while moving, because a basic attack that requires you to stand still is always going to be useless against one that allows you to move.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

All i want is a new dungeon with its own unique skins to grind (something you can grind more than once a day cough stupid fractal weps…) and new armor, ascended or not i don’t care but ZERO new armor skins in 8 months when so many new weapons were included is ridiculous.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Starbird.4029

Fantastic idea.

If this thread goes well, I will continue to update the OP with good suggestions.

Starbird.4029

ascended or not i don’t care but ZERO new armor skins in 8 months when so many new weapons were included is ridiculous.

I’d just love it if I could get a ‘coat’ like cloth look on my plate classes…

Posted by: Joseph Skyrim.2470

Joseph Skyrim.2470

Thief “hide” downed skill changed to something more useful since now it’s basically a beacon to all npc foes (you get all aggro) as soon as you pop out from hiding as a result in their previous changes to hiding.

Posted by: blanketfreak.8913

blanketfreak.8913

I want one thing for next patch and I don’t care if it was the only thing we get and that is to have an option to turn OFF targeting with RIGHT MOUSE BUTTON.

Posted by: Sunflowers.1729

Sunflowers.1729

Guardians and Mesmers now have +25% move speed signets.

Really, that’s all I ask for.

Starbird.4029

Guardians and Mesmers now have +25% move speed signets.

Really, that’s all I ask for.

Honestly ANet should increase the movement speed out of combat by about 30% for everyone. Hoofing it everywhere in a world this size is obnoxious.

Posted by: gkrit.9416

gkrit.9416

- Elite skill changes. Elementalist in particular. Tornado… still as useless as always.. cant justify trading off my skill set for the duration of tornado.

- New utility skills… need more build diversity.

- More heal slot skills

- Trait tree fixes. Seriously, all traits need to be available across all trait slots in a trait line. Balance traits accordingly. Will add more diversity.

- Remove 1 attribute from each trait line and allow us to invest 70 points to spec in attributes of our choice. Will require a slight system alteration.

Posted by: wauwi.9162

wauwi.9162

- better ranger pets.
- better ranger spirits.
- tradable fused weapons.
- dungeon speedrun exploit fix/barrier behind every group of mobs. (yes, i consider CoF P1 speedfarming for instance exploiting)
- more performance optimisations.

[EU/GER]Elona’s Reach: Aerrith: Lv80 Ranger / Sephirra: Lv80 Mesmer
“Only the finest of potatoes in my zerkburgers.”

Starbird.4029

more performance optimisations.

And an ‘Ultra’ setting for effects

Posted by: CobaltSixty.1542

CobaltSixty.1542

Engineers now have a ‘kit slot’, where the second weapon slot is for most classes. They may place any kit here excepting the medical kit.

Necro Wells have had their CDs slightly lowered. The Necro staff 1 attack has increased missile speed. Power scaling on the Axe has been slightly increased.

Power scaling has been improved on Life Blast, it scales much further up at full life force, and down more at low life force. The missile speed on Dark Path has been greatly increased.

Cantrips now have slightly higher CDs (my main is an ele, and we really need this to bring our bunker builds in line before ANet does something really stupid to our dagger skills like what they did with RTL)

Dragon’s tooth is ground targeted, both flamestrike and stoneshards have slightly higher condition durations.

Static Field is now much larger, and lightning strikes periodically within the area. CD slightly increased. Ice spike is now a blast finisher.

Each race now has necro minions, engi turrets, and guardian weapons unique to their race.

Tornado and Plague form now have a buff called intangible, which mitigates some damage from melee and a great amount of damage from ranged weapon attacks.

In fact, let’s just make a blanket declaration that all spammable skills can now be used while moving, because a basic attack that requires you to stand still is always going to be useless against one that allows you to move.

You had some really good ideas and then blew them all with a blanket statement to remove the condition limit.

Posted by: Enikuo.9205

Enikuo.9205

Option to disable right-click targeting.

Starbird.4029

You had some really good ideas and then blew them all with a blanket statement to remove the condition limit.

If you don’t mind me asking, why would removing the condition limit be a big deal in PvE?

Posted by: Torqueblue.1945

Torqueblue.1945

Well lets start with.
1. Commander Icon Hider for Mini maps or the option to Hide our mini map.
2.Studded Armor skins added to the WvW vendor.
….ya that’s ’bout it.

UPDATE: Oops one more thing Fix Superior Rune of the Water’s Second bonus. It’s been bahroken for quite some time.

Scotch and Pills, what could possibly go wrong? – Max Payne

(edited by Torqueblue.1945)

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

I want one thing for next patch and I don’t care if it was the only thing we get and that is to have an option to turn OFF targeting with RIGHT MOUSE BUTTON.

omg THIIIIIIISSSSSSSS

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

For the lol:

mesmer portals: no cooldown, longer durations, not restrained by distance, and placeable anywhere instead of just where you can stand. This includes walls.

However, longer duration for the portals would be nice.

Posted by: SadieDeAtreia.8912

SadieDeAtreia.8912

inb4 thread moved to suggestions or deleted.

Anyway…
Q: “What could ANet add to this game to keep you playing?”
A: “Nothing. Just fix it”

Posted by: Flash.6912

Flash.6912

want more effects to the legendary weapons!

R.I.P Kumu <3

Posted by: Parlourbeatflex.5970

Parlourbeatflex.5970

Dream list for new content (not even gonna start with bug and balance fixes)
New armour… Especially new types for medium wearers… No more kittening coats please.
New quiver that doesn’t require 250 t6 crafting mats.
New wvw mechanics and optimisation.
New dungeon and fractals.
New living story content that is actually epic and exciting.
New mechanic to make south sun cove unique, giving players actual reasons to go there.

Posted by: Oranisagu.3706

Oranisagu.3706

blueprints are ACCOUNT BOUND (why are they still soulbound after 8 months?)

stacks can be higher than 250 (at least 999)

dungeon tokes are a currency which doesn’t have to take up all the bankspace

even more bank slots can be purchased

movement speed generally increased by 33%. swiftness boon abolished. in combat speed = out of combat speed.
or add speed signets for mesmer and guardian. though I find it rather annoying that nearly every class has to sacrifice a utility slot just to walk at a pace which doesn’t seem like a crawl (considering the world size)

fix burst (or fix latency issues, which they never will be able to)

at least 1 cleave auto-attack weapon for every single class

remove/rewrite defiant. make the blind condition less useless in dungeons

remove chain-cc enemies from pve/dungeons (multiple tamini, most gravelings in ac, knights in ta etc). consta hard-cc is not a fun game element especially as long as not every class has access to 10+ sec stability. or remove endurance completely and allow us to dodge whenever we want.

deleted thief class

Posted by: Riselight.3695

Riselight.3695

Fantastic idea.

If this thread goes well, I will continue to update the OP with good suggestions.

I can’t wait to receive 50 stacks of confusion

Riselight [WvW] – Elementalist
Smough The Cruel [WvW] – Warrior

Posted by: NeilChapman.5902

NeilChapman.5902

A 1st person perspective to the game like there was in the original Guild Wars.
More emotes.
More content for Personal Stories.
A reason to visit home instances.
Guild Halls.

Posted by: Mugiwara Luffy.1087

Mugiwara Luffy.1087

A racial skill slot. There aren’t a lot of people who use racial skills because profession skills are stronger. It’d be nice if there is one slot extra for racial skills (non-elite).

Posted by: google.3709

google.3709

• Tone down “Mug” damage on Thief, it hits too hard for a 10 point trait.
  • Tone down on Earth’s Embrace on Eles. Stun breaker/protection/stability at the same time is too much for a 10 point trait. or make it like Warrior’s “Endure Pain”, so that if you use the skill. the trait goes on a 90s cd.
  • Add a short internal cool down (2-3s Max) where mesmers can’t create illusions after using shatter skills.
  • New Salvage options for PvP Items (save our wrist).
  • Please Ignore the Engineer on next patch :] we’re fine

(edited by google.3709)

Posted by: Louveepine.7630

Louveepine.7630

Norn:
-Male head size needs to increase
-Females need heavier, more muscular options
-Females need to look less like Barbie, and more like NORN
-Scar, blemish, and bodily flaw options for both genders

Charr:
-MORE HEAD OPTIONS FOR ALL
-MORE HORN OPTIONS FOR ALL
-MORE HAIR OPTIONS FOR ALL

Asura:
-More ear options
-More face options
-More hair options

Sylvari:
-They’re the best off, but still, more hairs and faces

- news skin Race T0 – T4 – T5 – T6

- halls guild

- Housing

- Arena duel

- news dungeons + skins token

- news maps pvp

- news maps pve

- add mini-games (polymock…)

- pack mission bonus.

- news puzzle jumps.

continue to improve existing cities.

– Add a floor to Rata Sum: Dormitory, coterie, bathroom common.

– Add open house at Promontory.Restore the Canthan district in Divinity’s Reach (The arguments for removing it
were ridiculous)

- Add norn totem, and homes

- Add homes Charr.

- Add sylvari houses and trees.

- Add new houses, arena, pontoons, floors, hiding in Lion’s Arch.

# Asura because I’m worth it!

(edited by Louveepine.7630)

Posted by: Adry.7512

Adry.7512

my WISH list isss…

a Party Matching system.
Duel options in PVE world.
MORE PVP game modes in the Mists.
a lot of breathe-taking Dungeons in the end-game.

Posted by: Esya.3427

Esya.3427

Dungeon explorable mode unlock per account instead of character.

Posted by: Grounder.7381

Grounder.7381

- a vehicle like, costumable/upgradable motorbikes, cars, or an airship that can be ridden across tyria with up to 100%+ movement speed.
- reduce waypoints number
- 1000 new weapon skin
- 5000 new armor skin
- new area that includes many big architecture, instead of open plain with trees.
- many new monsters with unique ability
- new dungeons
- new legendaries
- remove the one on one story cutsceen and add real CG for cutscene
- space expansion
- item macro button slot
- costumisable weapon slot with many new weapon skill for each weapon
- dueling in towns and open world
- player kill to a minimum extent

….. well…, you said to go nuts… =P

Posted by: DaddyBoJangles.6012

DaddyBoJangles.6012

Dungeon explorable mode unlock per account instead of character.

This and only this.

Posted by: Tondrin.7806

Tondrin.7806

Would love to see loot DR neutered or obliterated

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

WvW map redesigned so tactics and strategy could outperform zerg balls. We need real choke points other than keep doors, and we need a progression based sieging system where you can’t take SM until you have all other towers and keeps on your side.

Redone point tally system in WvW so servers that can’t get their [censored] together during the day but manage to take every point on all 4 maps for 8 hours while everyone’s sleeping and at work don’t some how manage to outscore those who actually fight for their borders.

Real class balance so not only are Warriors, Thieves, and Engineers wanted in s/tPvP, but the other classes that already have some use actually have options in how they want to spec and play. The same for PvE and WvW.

Something to occupy my time! I don’t care if it’s player housing, guild housing, a different and more involved WvW scene, or s/tPvP opened up to normal gear. Something to warrant me investing time and energy into my character instead of making a level 1 to s/tPvP and the hour or 2 a day to WvW before I want to vomit.

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

- Fix the horrible problem of visibility in big fights. My thief is angry for all those missed backstabs.
- Fix the horrible problem of visibility in small size fights. Yeah, it IS a problem even with just 5 players attacking the boss.
- Did I mention the visibility problems in fights? I keep loosing track of my mouse cursor. Make it a LOT more visible. Make it not disappear when you move the camera maybe or try as an option.
- And make the ground targeting reticles more visible too. In big fights (hmm, I sense a pattern here) they tend to be very hard to see along with the current target ground ring which is pretty useful to aim the ground targeting skills.

Starbird.4029

my WISH list isss…

a Party Matching system.
Duel options in PVE world.
MORE PVP game modes in the Mists.
a lot of breathe-taking Dungeons in the end-game.

These are great

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

A mini risen priestess of lyssa. I’ll die happy. Or a mini shatterer

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

Posted by: Louveepine.7630

Louveepine.7630

- 1000 new weapon skin
- 5000 new armor skin
- new area that includes many big architecture, instead of open plain with trees.
- many new monsters with unique ability
- new dungeons
- new legendaries

I love it!

# Asura because I’m worth it!

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

- Fix bugs
- Improve pet AI
- Fix lackluster traits
- Add more armor skins
- saved trait swapping (2-sets)
- fix Rangers
- Fix bugs
- More Guild functions/halls
- Add dueling
- More character creation options (hair, ears, faces, etc.)

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Posted by: Shootsfoot.9276

Shootsfoot.9276

Particle effects slider.

Posted by: lunawisp.2378

lunawisp.2378

An option to stop the right-click-selection of objects.

An option to get rid of that multi-function select/talk_to_npc/loot key that devs love so much. It’s annoying and causes more problems than it’s worth.

Fixed auto-targetting so it prioritises angry mobs two feet away rather than the scenery on the other side of the map.

Oh yes, did I mention an option to stop the right-click-selection of objects? Well, just in case, I’d like an option to stop the right-click-selection of objects.

Found pottering around on Desolation (EU).
lunawisp was my peacebringer on City of Heroes – she lives on in memory as my gaming id.

Leo Paul.1659

Aside from a mini priestess of lyssa, I’d like an auto-follow keys pls

Posted by: Nottix.7864

Nottix.7864

- New armor skins. (We keep getting weapon skins, never armor)

- Free Waypoints to your race’s home city.

-In game LFG system.

-More use for the Home Instance. 8 months, and the only reason for home instances is the few story parts that take you there in earlier levels.

-Engineer Grenade #1 uses auto attack like it’s water version. Many engineers’ fingers will thank you.

-Engineers with legendaries, will not lose it’s aura and footprints when using a kit.

- Increase the staff #1 speed for Necromancers.

-Change titles to only visible on players you have targeted or your mouse hovered over.

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

1. Return Orr to it’s actually improved state in the 1/26 patch. Remove Champs and multiple Vets from DE’s. Debuff the nobles. (I think that return to the actually fixed state of 1/26 should be all that needs to be said.) Humans always run the risk of becoming silly—we learned that from Monty Python—Orr is silly. While you are at it fix the Temples so that that the fights are not chaotic failure-fests and a Temple or two actually opens. And revert all DE’s that you toyed with to their 1/26 state. The game felt fairly balanced at that point. Developers should be able to try new things. However, trying new things is only a safe course if the developers have broad experience and management has reality-testing down. Trying new things should never equate to repeating the mistakes of the past. I think right now you should focus on doing stuff you know works. Maybe try new things later.

2. Return Thief reveal to 3s. The change to 4s did nothing to address any presenting problem but did destroy the flow of the off-hand dagger.

[BTW, it’s pretty sad when you see a pattern of reversion to a prior state as being improvements, but oh well]

3. Profession balance. Focus should be on re-engineering the engineer, then ranger and necro buffs/fixes. Don’t need to list them here as they are plastered all over the forums and have been since launch. Definitely buff longbow auto-attacks and extend this to the warrior as well. The longbow is a nice weopon; there is no reason for it to be a nice weak weapon.

4. Fix condition damage. This would be a huge buff for the the condition Necromancer but it would bring balance and group utility to any condition build. Lose the stacks on the mob and maintain damage by player in terms of damage and ticks. Right now, because of the bleed cap, if you added 10 more necros to a group you’re really not adding much damage. Additionally, if a Necro gets Ascended gear he’s not adding much damage. Learn the lessons from the past and maintain damage by player. Please don’t try to excuse it from technical limitations again as we’ve learned that lesson as well. The “I’m sorry the computer can’t do that” really hasn’t worked well since the 1970’s. (Those were the days.) This is simply something that needs to be fixed.

That would be more than enough for a patch. True, there’s no 8-bit graphics, sound, or jumping involved so it’s not going to tickle that niche. I’d argue that it will tickle a very large segment of the player population—especially if it is messaged right.

Edit: Oh yeah, forgot about the titles. Please add titles to my list of improvements through reversion to a prior state. The ideal would be a default state where they are visible only on mouseover. If that can’t be managed then the option to hide them altogether will work. (Visible on mouseover would be the ideal.)

(edited by Raine.1394)

Posted by: Arc DLad.2194

Arc DLad.2194

a flame and frost based fractal, where the dredge/ flame legion win (cos we know they’re gonig to lose)
or just some new fractals at higher levels, and the other assended gear been available in fractals

How does Treahern change a light bulb?
“commander can i have a word”

Posted by: Arken.3725

Arken.3725

New weapons for all. I loved playing the dervish in guild wars 1 and the closest thing we have is guardians. Just an example, maybe add scythes?

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

Snip..
Engineer Grenade #1 uses auto attack like it’s water version. Many engineers’ fingers will thank you.

I don’t play my engi because I can’t find a build that works for me without grenades. However ground targeted spam while kiting is an RSI in progress. This would be a significant improvement to the profession.

Posted by: Rin.1046

Rin.1046

Overall there is not much I can think of adding, as the game is great, but here are a few things I’d like to see:

Basic, cheap, max stat, armour that can be aquired easily. As in low cost and easy to buy (not requiring a group event to succeed or level 400 crafting to make). In GW1: Prophecies, by the time I had finished the story I had enough platinum to buy the cheapest max stat armour and weapons, I have not been able to do this in GW2 (on all 4 of my level 80’s). Not everyone has the time or inclination to grind for max stat gear and grinding should only be forced on you if you want certain aesthetics, not if you want max stats. As ascended trinkets are not for any aesthetic purpose, they really should be much easier to acquire imo and so should basic skin exotics. Much easier. I am perfectly ok with good looking skins requiring lots of grind.

More GW1 armour remakes in the gem store. Here are some of the armours I’d like to see return: Elite Gladiator (warrior), Elite and non-elite Kurzick armour (warrior & ritualist), Elite and non-elite Imperial armour (assassin), Scar pattern armour (necro), Ancient armour (ritualist), Non-elite Templar armour (warrior) and Seitung armour (assassin). The same goes for some GW1 weapon skins too.

More mini games (I’m looking at you Super Adventure Box) in each of the capital cities. Also, I would like to see mini dynamic events occur there too, such as stopping a thief robbing a citizen in Divinity’s Reach or the occasional bar fight you need to join in/break up in Hoelbrak.

More sPvP game types. Conquest is good, but I want more options without the conquest mechanic. Bring back Fort Aspenwood style games, simple death matches and CTF. I’d also like to see larger scale games, for 20v20 or more, that are more objective based and take longer than 15 minutes to win/lose. I’d also like to see game types like the battlegrounds in WoW or the assault maps in TF1&2, where each side pushes the other to and fro across the map.

GW2 is a great game, which for the most part I really enjoy, but I feel it has fallen short on some of the hype and I would like to see more of Anet’s visions brought into the game and more player sugestions taken into account. I’m sure more is in the works and I look forward to seeing what those things are. I still have faith in Anet to push GW2 to its fullest potential. We just need to be patient.

Simplicity is complex.

Good feedback is key to getting the developers to listen to you.

Posted by: RochelleFreeman.5603

RochelleFreeman.5603

make targeting smoother, especially when your downed it takes forever to switch targets.

Make the skills smoother always feels like there’s a delay.

Give incentive to run Arah…

Give incentive to run story mode dungeons

Add a proper dungeon finder or group finder

Add inspecting so I don’t get a million questions on what armor I’m wearing.

Leo Paul.1659

^I agree with the low cost max stat armors/weapons (and runes/sigils to an extent) so that we can have the same freedom in changing our builds just like in GW1. Traits doesn’t provide the same amount of variety.

Posted by: Zaviel.1245

Zaviel.1245

YES.