Your biggest fails in GW2?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497

Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497

What are some of your worst fails in GW2? Mechanically? Gameplay? Or just out right funny moments all can be posted here.

I think my biggest fail was my first attempt at the diving challenge from from Draconis. You’re diving a good long ways to a bucket in sulfuric acid. But here’s the kicker. Due to the fog, I couldn’t actually see where there was water… and where there wasn’t. So 40 seconds later and suddenly someone gets the fudge scared out of them as a naked female charr slams into the dirt face first at 120mphs.

Posted by: AncientYs.8613

AncientYs.8613

gambling at the mystic toilet…

Posted by: Kodiak.4213

Kodiak.4213

Gambling for sure, i’ve wasted hundreds of dollars on black lion keys and thousands of gold in the mystic toilet…but somehow i still love this game. Perhaps my guilt would be way too heavy if I quit playing knowing the real world resources i’ve put into it.

However….i would love to see an animated short based on what the op described! Would be the best!

Posted by: TheSlothArmada.6709

TheSlothArmada.6709

Leveling a Warrior then Necromancer thinking berserker gear was good.

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

The first time I ever died in this game was to a herd of cows in Queensdale.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

Posted by: AncientYs.8613

AncientYs.8613

LOL!!!

Posted by: bearawr.9847

bearawr.9847

everytime i play ele

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Turning 150 softwood planks into dowels. I’d spent weeks saving up that wood!

Also the time (very early on in both the game’s life and my learning to play it) when I actually told my guild “I don’t need to worry about dodging, I play a ranger”.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

Black Lion Chest Gamble ofc
But still i am a RNG addicted so here i am.

Hi, my name is Shirlias and i have a problem…

Posted by: Shortage.5427

Shortage.5427

Buying the game and playing it for 1700 hours.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Right after launch, me and a couple of friends took on deer a few levels above us.

It ended well, for the deer that is.

At least we got the nearest wp opened up before we attempted that little venture. :/

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Coffietire.2783

Coffietire.2783

Back when the whole “every class can do every role” hype was strong, I decided that my main, a necromancer, would be a healer.

• I picked traits that seemed healer-like (Trait investment used to have a fee attached to it)
  • I went for gear that had healing power
  • I picked runes and sigils that complemented healing power
  • My first full exotic set was all magi
    All of this was a result of work spanning from the game launch until LW Season 1.

Then one day, I decided to switch to berserker gear and finally realized why everyone was complaining about the game being too easy.

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

Using Polymorph Moa on … a Moa

hey at least it changed its color

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

(edited by Orangensaft.7139)

Posted by: flog.3485

flog.3485

Running staff on mesmer in dungeons in the early stage of this game 5 years ago and actually thinking I was impactful until a pug actually whispered me one day: “dude I don’t understand your build. Are ayou actually doing damages ?”

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

My biggest fail was quitting GW2 a few weeks after release because I “got bored”. However, I didn’t even try most of the content like map completion, WvW and PvP. I was so stupid! Later I came back, tried more content, found a fun guild and I’ve been active since then. I just can’t get into other MMOs anymore.

Posted by: Irreverent.3594

Irreverent.3594

Quitting.

But this wins thread

Posted by: Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497

Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497

You’re not the only one dude. I got my ass kicked by a rabbit.

(edited by Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497)

Posted by: killermanjaro.5670

killermanjaro.5670

Turning 150 softwood planks into dowels. I’d spent weeks saving up that wood!

Ahhhh, yup, you’re not alone there! I did a whole stack into dowels as I wasn’t paying attention XD

But my biggest fail was probably that it took me a few months before I realised the importance of salvaging things, and to realise the TP existed!! So for months I was just selling all loot to vendors!

Posted by: Kestrel.7890

Kestrel.7890

Not playing while the Scarlett content was on.

Posted by: Zedek.8932

Zedek.8932

Watched the map in Verdant Brink to make out which direction the Itzel were and broke my neck because I moved without noticing and fell down a cliff onto a 150m deep ledge. I was in map mode anyways and could pick up a waypoint immediately..

Zedexx, sly Asura Thief/Assassin
and politically highly incorrect. (#Asuracist)
“We [Asura] are the concentrated magnificence!”

Posted by: Emmibolt.3928

Emmibolt.3928

What are some of your worst fails in GW2? Mechanically? Gameplay? Or just out right funny moments all can be posted here.

I think my biggest fail was my first attempt at the diving challenge from from Draconis. You’re diving a good long ways to a bucket in sulfuric acid. But here’s the kicker. Due to the fog, I couldn’t actually see where there was water… and where there wasn’t. So 40 seconds later and suddenly someone gets the fudge scared out of them as a naked female charr slams into the dirt face first at 120mphs.

My biggest fail is, I saw the ghastly grinning shield on sale for 300g, and was like aww I will buy that tomorrow, then it was 700g and I was like, I haaave that in guild bank, then I coould not pull it out because kittening anet nd some bs about goldselling, ps this is MY guild bank when I was the only member. So then I was like ohhh ok I just wait 24 hours to pull more gold.

Then it was 5 k gold.

And kitten everything.

TLDR; I could have gotten 3 shield at 300g and made stupid CAS$$$$HHHHHHH

Posted by: Klipso.8653

Klipso.8653

first one was that i didn’t know i could deposit materials until i was already lvl 30.

2nd one was when they changed how AR worked, i ended up going from 150 down to 80-something cause i did the conversion wrong

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

Believing for 5 years in a row that precursors can actually drop. I know now thats just a fallacy

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

Uncategorized Fractal.
Champion Rabbit.
Every godkitten time.

Posted by: circuitnerd.5863

circuitnerd.5863

My biggest fail was deleting my 3 day head start character. Now I have to wait till late November to get my birthday presents.

The biggest troll Anet has done to me was give me Spark as a precursor drop, on a beta character that I couldn’t keep. It dropped from a modrem grunt during HoT beta weekend 1. It was selling for 1000 gold at the time.

Certified Gameaholic

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

When I sold Zap for 90 gold in 2012.

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

My biggest fail was deleting my 3 day head start character. Now I have to wait till late November to get my birthday presents.

The biggest troll Anet has done to me was give me Spark as a precursor drop, on a beta character that I couldn’t keep. It dropped from a modrem grunt during HoT beta weekend 1. It was selling for 1000 gold at the time.

I think there was a whole forum topic on that problem and people got compensated at the time (after a while of fierce commenting)

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

Buying all the tier 1 and minis for the achievement …. and then selling them for half because the price dropped overnight.

And later that achievement got retired and a new one was made in place.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

Posted by: Yakez.7561

Yakez.7561

Playing power ranger with signets in soldier gear and pressing 4 on CD.

Posted by: Eros.6801

Eros.6801

Tried to swim to Southsun Cove only to find out there is a portal in LA….

Posted by: Qori.9671

Qori.9671

this sad video of 41 golem raid on stonemist castle , but no one bothers to clear the pot of oil above the door they are all at lol

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Thinking that playing a p/p + p/p quick pockets (ie “reload”) thief with clerics amulet was actually good. xD

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

Tried to swim to Southsun Cove only to find out there is a portal in LA….

This is the best!

Unfortunately, I am quick to dismiss fails from my memory, so I can’t come up with something original from the top of my head. I am sure there have been dozens of occasions I failed badly at this game, particularly when I was new to it.

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

Selling my loot to vendor for two months before discovering the Trading Post back in 2012.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: Brutaly.6257

Brutaly.6257

I flip the trader and my worst brain fart was when i misread some stuff in the wiki about ingredients in some runes. When i added up the cost for the ingredients i realized that the cost for the ingredients was just a fraction of the cost for the crafted rune on the trader.

Subsequently i bought everything i could find of a certain crafting material to craft runes and sell.

Imagine my surprise when i tried to craft the rune and i couldnt craft it.

that stunt costed me close to 3000 gold….

And this happend last week btw….

Posted by: Ray Koopa.2354

Ray Koopa.2354

Destroying two Gifts of Exploration

Getting a redundant skin from the SAB skin chest because the one for which I had only one chance and which I wanted was at the very bottom, not noticing I could scroll

Copying NPCs, including their names (in fact had “Rytlock” 1 1/2 years ago), trying to dodge Anet Mods so they won’t block it, then slaying Shatterer and not noticing there were 3 mods around all the time, in fact getting a name block just a few minutes later (Disclaimer: I’m not doing this anymore. I create punny versions on the nicks which have been proven to give a laugh rather than a ban now)

My first death ever, in Plains of Ashford, running around naked because I thought it’s funny, getting bitten to death by a… fish underwater.

(edited by Ray Koopa.2354)

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

I spent all my resources 2-3 years ago making eternity just to get that shiny crystal. But now i hate it because of the explosions on footfalls, its way over the top and ruins immersion for me.

Then i made predator after deadeye announcement as i gambled on it being more mechanical than warr rifle, as thief requires insight, but instead we are left with a hard hitting wep which reduces functionality in other aspects, which is a hinderance vs top players. Now i dont think ill ever play that spec, but ofc i had to make the wep soulbound..

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Posted by: Kiza.5630

Kiza.5630

Using Polymorph Moa on … a Moa

hey at least it changed its color

That’s my favorite activity in the game! Changing colors on Moas, turning everything else into Moas which then go onto a rampage, daze people and peck them to death.

On the topic. Few weeks I reset one of the blighting towers events and told everyone to regroup at the entrance, because someone in my squad screamed “lulz, fail, respawn” when he was actually at a totally different tower. Reactions ranged from confused, angry to amused.

Not sure about this one yet, crafted Astralaria for my Mesmer. Let’s see how that turns out. :o

Posted by: Kamp.9275

Kamp.9275

First halloween, I got the greatsaw greatsword skin on the first day, and sold it for 28 gold, which was a lot then. Didn’t know how rare it was.
It later went up in price to 5000+ gold ……………. doh
Guildies: “oh by the way, have you seen how much the greatsaw skin is worth now?”

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Gambling for sure, i’ve wasted hundreds of dollars on black lion keys and thousands of gold in the mystic toilet…but somehow i still love this game. Perhaps my guilt would be way too heavy if I quit playing knowing the real world resources i’ve put into it.

However….i would love to see an animated short based on what the op described! Would be the best!

If I recall right, that’s a logical hitch called Flushed Cost Fallacy. :P

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Believing for 5 years in a row that precursors can actually drop. I know now thats just a fallacy

It can happen!

And then you’ll get over-eager to add the skin to your Wardrobe right after the change in system, and only then realize it was a precursor and now you’re stuck with it until you can put together all the gifts and blaaagh over a Gift of Battle to finally make Meteorlogicus and sell the ruddy thing.

…I’m just gonna say maybe a few mistakes were made. >.>

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Flatley.1620

Flatley.1620

LS3 where you have to pick up those glowy things being lobbed over a barrier to you. Had my armour stripped back to a fig leaf so many times I gave up.

Ih and “precocious Aurene” ? That too.

i75820K@4.4ghz Noctua NHU14S GTX980TiSC
SoundblasterZ AsusX99Pro 512GBM2SSD 1TBSSD
3TBHDD 16gbRAM Corsair900D Win10Pro Corsair rmi1000w ethernet 100 down, 6 up

Posted by: Arkantos.7460

Arkantos.7460

crafted ascend gear and reading patchnotes that only theese are not available for upgrading to legendary …

Good Thiefs are average,
Skilled Thiefs are dangerous

Posted by: Maethor.2810

Maethor.2810

I’ve had a ton, but one of the more comical ones:

Decided to try to pick a fight with the chickens in Ebonhawk.

~Signe Grimsdottir | Wynne Everheart | Magiere Massing~
The Archivist’s Sanctum [Lore] – Just Us Grown-Ups [JUGS]

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

first one was that i didn’t know i could deposit materials until i was already lvl 30.

Exactly this one.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

I was going for the Dive Master and took like 6 months to actually make it to the top of the No Secret Jumping Puzzle without the aid of a portaling mesmer. I finally put on the goggles, and accidentally backward dodged off the platform and splatted. Took another 4 years before I attempted it again. By that time, the title had been removed.

Level 80 Elementalist

Posted by: usnedward.9023

usnedward.9023

Realizing yesterday that all the toons I create, run to 80 and delete for whatever reason…. I now have to wait 4 years for my 5 year anniversary present….lol

Granted Death – Necro
Consumed Hate – Thief
Unlucky Scrub – Ranger

Posted by: Nilix.2170

Nilix.2170

That time I jumped from a really tall height in Sparkfly Fen into some water that was incredibly shallow and someone witnessed my shame.

Attachments:

Mortar Shot is STILL nerfed by 28%
Purity of Purpose

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

Believing that Anet really cared about balance.

SBI

Posted by: Penguin.1345

Penguin.1345

I just managed to spend 119 gold on the tier 3 human armor because i misread an achievement and thought it would grant me “The Emperor” title. I was wrong and 119 gold poorer when i found out i was wrong…