Your favorite moment.

Your favorite moment.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sil.4560

Sil.4560

Some of you have been playing since launch or even before, if you took part in the beta. Since this forum has a mind-boggling amount of negativity rushing into it every waking hour, I thought I’d ask for some positive experiences.

What one moment or event, in GW2, has been the most memorable and enjoyable for you? Who was there? What did everyone do to make it great and why did you love it?

Another question:

What was one time in-game that someone helped you out and made an impression? Who was it and what did they do?

Looking forward to hearing some good from people. I’ll type something up myself after I come home tonight. I’ll have to think about it while I’m out.

Your favorite moment.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

1. The moment I logged in for the first time.
  2. Countless times I have been revived in PvE by random players in the area.
The Burninator

Your favorite moment.

Posted by: ShadowMaster.5708

ShadowMaster.5708

Either when i first bought the game and started out with my brother. Same race, both noobs and leveling together. When i got light armour gear i sent it to him and when he got heavy armour gear he sent it to me.

It was fantastic.

Either that, or when i forged Spark and finally created my Incinerator after 7 months of work… Both are amazing for me

Your favorite moment.

Posted by: mojowalker.3798

mojowalker.3798

I think for me, the most memorable was finding my first vista during the last beta … when it went to the cutscene and the music for it played … i was definitely smitten.

And I second JustTrogdor — the biggest help has been the innumerable times someone stopped to rez my sorry kitten after I’d gone and done something not particularly bright.

“If you can’t beat them, get a bigger stick.”
- Some random quote -
The Walkers and the Whispers, ANVIL ROCK

Your favorite moment.

Posted by: Surbrus.6942

Surbrus.6942

My favourite moment? There has been many of those. PvPing my way up through the Obsidian Sanctum and reaching the top for the first time (back in beta) probably ranks highly up there. Finally reaching 80 from the experience given by stomping a Sea of Sorrow’s Invader back in September is probably equally as memorable… just that timing on my first ding 80 was just so perfect (especially so since that battle resulted in saving a tower)

Someone else helping and giving me a memorable impression would have to be one time when someone was actually getting me back for when I was helping them out initially. IIRC I was helping someone through a JP (with my Mesmer), not simply porting them to the end, but porting them up the specific spots they were having too much difficulty with. A week or so later I get a message from that person in the mail reading something along the lines of: “May your belly and pockets always be full” with a few Omnomberry Bars included." That message still gives me warm fuzzies.

Your favorite moment.

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

As for random res, one I do remember recently is fighting a centaur veteran on my low level asura warrior at the end of an event chain in harathi hinterlands. I had managed to solo my way there, and had killed most centaurs around before the big fight except for the ones that were with the veteran, but the fight had taken too long and had gotten him to a little over half HP when the centairs started respawning, and eventually I went down with only the veteran still alive.

Since it was the only enemy around I couldn’t kill him fast enough to actually rally, and foolishly I hadn’t taken any nearby WP on my way trough the event chain, so I was saying that was it… when out of nowhere a mesmer, guardian and ranger show up, the mesmer pops illusions and starts ressing me while the others distracter the bad guy, I go up and we team up to finish the event and kill all centaurs around..

It wasn’t much, but it felt really epic at the time..

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Your favorite moment.

Posted by: captaincrash.6528

captaincrash.6528

It might sound silly but during the betas when I made a Necromancer, to pick the class I was least likely to play upon release so I didn’t get bored. When I went into Death Shroud for the first time and my guy said “I am Death incarnate!”, I thought it was the coolest thing and made my mind up on the spot.

Crash ~ Charr Reaper

Your favorite moment.

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

Does loading the beta login screen and first hearing the music count?

Other than that, probably the WvW marathon me and two of my mates done a few weeks after launch, where we just stayed and defended a keep for going on 6 hours. That night, we managed to push back quite a few zergs through smart use of siege, support abilities and the Warrior’s falling damage trait.

Sure, we didn’t get much in terms of loot, XP ect, but damm we had fun.

People helping? This one random guy helping me take a Champion down for the lulz. I did have an epic screenshot of him knocking the guy back and me using my GS to Rush forward, but unfortunately it was on my HDD that broked

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Your favorite moment.

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

The beta login screen :/