in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Razamis.1062

Razamis.1062

Mesmer, level 80, Happiness: 1/10 – 1 being the worst

Your level, class, and happiness rating 1-10

Posted by: Kailthir.6384

Kailthir.6384

Ranger, level 69, Happiness: 8.5/10 – 10 being the best.

Some small trivial issues, but so far so good.

Posted by: Passiflora.2047

Passiflora.2047

31 Elementalist: 6/10
15 Necromancer: 9/10
14 Ranger: 8/10
On the whole, about 8/10.

Deductions for:

- My Elementalist is noticeably more difficult to play than my other two, yet does not perform any better, and in fact seems weak unless I go all-out and generally play awesome. This makes me sad ’cause my Ele is my favorite character, yet the world feels so much more dangerous when I am playing her.

- Some personal story quests are way too hard and need rebalancing.

- Underwater tends to be one big death trap due to fast respawn rates, mob density, and the ability to be attacked from all sides. This makes underwater exploring a lot less fun.

Good luck with your project! ^^

Posted by: morph.5340

morph.5340

Necromancer. PvE = 6/10, PvP = 2/10.
Rogue. PvE = 8/10, PvP = 10/10.

Derpin’ with my homies!

Posted by: Tsaritsin.5364

Tsaritsin.5364

80 Asura Guardian, 2/10 (bored to death of Guardian, how I got 80 is beyond me, lol)

38 Human Warr, 5/10 (hate all the weapon animations apart from hammer, bored)

27 Asura Ranger, 7/10 (pets need work and bow dmg seems low, but fun to play)

8 Asura Necro, 0/10 (lol, lol, lol, lol, lol, lol, lol, lol, lol, lol, HOW, How did they get it this bad, HOW ??)

I shall not be there, I shall rise and pass,
Bury my heart at Wounded Knee.

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

80 Ranger.

8.5/10.

Really love the game, but the incredible number of bugs and glitches in the content in 70-80 areas is really putting a damper on it for me.

Posted by: Shadowgloom.1279

Shadowgloom.1279

60 Guardian 7/10 -My Guardian is a bit boring using mostly toughness
32 Ele 4/10 -My first character and I didn’t really like Ele as much as I thought I would
27 Mesmer 9/10 -My current love. So awesome and fun!
-Other love leveling alts

Overall 8/10 -The game is fun but I need to get out of the same zones I have already done like 3 times. Ha! I find myself doing all of the low level zones so doing the same thing at 80 won’t lower my fun.

Posted by: ravinhood.3981

ravinhood.3981

Looks like the positives are CLEARLY defeating the negatives and in the 80’s average just like on Metacritic.com Games a SUCCESS.

Hickeroar.9734

Looks like the positives are CLEARLY defeating the negatives and in the 80’s average just like on Metacritic.com Games a SUCCESS.

A lot of the lower happiness levels could also probably be fixed with some class specific tweaks, fixes of dungeon rewards/repair costs, and resolving the bugs/glitches.

FYI, for all the 10/10 and 1/10 voters: In statistics (if this really is a statistics problem) the high and low outliers are usually removed from the stat calculations.

I have a hard time believing anyone here is a 10/10 because there are obvious problems that need to be fixed. Your satisfaction cannot be 100% when there are broken things in the game.

I have a hard time believing anyone here is 1/10 because….if you were really that unhappy, you wouldn’t be here.

This is precisely why outliers are eliminated.

(edited by Hickeroar.9734)

Posted by: Tentacles.3965

Tentacles.3965

80 , thief , 7

Wanted more armor variety and town clothing. Also , more guild/community in-game interaction tools plz

Posted by: Arius.7031

Arius.7031

62 Mesmer – 8.5/10

Deductions for:
- Sound bug that happens when you have too many players, especially bad in WvW
- WvW queues
- Some balancing issues
- Combat is a bit too slow, things should die a little quicker

All in all, I really love this game a lot so far.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

Posted by: ravinhood.3981

ravinhood.3981

A lot of the lower happiness levels could also probably be fixed with some class specific tweaks, fixes of dungeon rewards/repair costs, and resolving the bugs/glitches.

FYI, for all the 10/10 and 1/10 voters: In statistics (if this really is a statistics problem) the high and low outliers are usually removed from the stat calculations.

I have a hard time believing anyone here is a 10/10 because there are obvious problems that need to be fixed. Your satisfaction cannot be 100% when there are broken things in the game.

I have a hard time believing anyone here is 1/10 because….if you were really that unhappy, you wouldn’t be here.

This is precisely why outliers are eliminated.

I tend to do it like the Olympics scoring once was, you drop the highest and the lowest ONE and then ALL the others count. So if you had 3 10’s and a 5 ana 6 ana 1 you’d drop one 10 and one 1 and all the rest count. Better statistical calculation by far.

Posted by: garetjax.4756

garetjax.4756

20 elementalist – I stopped playing it cause I suck at managing so many skills and switching attunements. I expect I’ll go back at some point in future and try to learn the class.

80 guardian – The survivability is great, but I found myself lacking dps… before I realized that it’s probably due to my crappy gear I switched to ranger. And I will stick with it.

80 ranger – 9/10 fantastic, well done class. I’m having a huge fun just killing PvE mobs with it.

Things I dislike the most:
- risen and Orr, terrible terrible idea to make it the top levels areas, it’s dark grim and has a kittenload of creatures but it’s NOT fun
- personal story is just good, not great, and has a lot of voice bugs which kills the immersion

What I like the most:
- the game is FUN, that’s what I’ve been looking for for quite some time and I found it here. I stilll have 100% exploration to do and all the jumping puzzles. Then… I’ll either get bored or not, we’ll see.

Posted by: Oxe.6142

Oxe.6142

I have a 75 necro and a 40 elementalist.

I have stopped playing the game because I put up with the terrible camera’s and controls for 3 weeks and I’m tired of it. I don’t intend to continue playing at all until those issues are addressed. The necro is over 100 documented bugs now, I don’t intend to continue playing the necro until they are addressed.

So a number for happiness? 0. ZERO.

Posted by: shaedence.3517

shaedence.3517

61 Asura Warrior 10/10
22 Asura Ranger 10/10
18 Asura Engineer 7/10
12 Human Elementalist 6/10

Overall game: 9.5/10

Way too many bugs still for a perfect 10. I stopped playing my Warrior for a few weeks in hopes that the growing number of high-level bugs will be squashed sometime soon (please, Anet!), but other than those bugs, and the petty “the Trading Post is down for the 148027th time,” I’m loving the game.

I do ge what people who say it was pushed out early, not to a SWTOR extent, but 2 mos of polish could have done wonders for the Level 40+ content.

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

lv 80, Ranger 8.5/10

-1 Ranger although being AWESOME is starting to grow a lil stale to me, may just be the low skill cap of the prof…

-.5 for very minor errors and the such about the game, this .5 will likely always be gone because nothing is perfect…

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

Level 80 Ranger, 6/10.

Posted by: Eternal Duty.4789

Eternal Duty.4789

Level 80 Thief and Guardian. 7/10 while it lasted.

- Endgame
- Dungeons
- WvWvW

Leveling up was fun. When I reached 80, well I didn’t have much to do except queueing for WvWvW for hours and running boring, unfun dungeons with cheap mechanics.

sPvP is the best in GW2 but you don’t even need a lvl 80 for that.

Posted by: Cephei.2610

Cephei.2610

lvl 62 Guardian 3/10

Posted by: Starscream.6498

Starscream.6498

Level 80 Warrior, 8/10

Quite fun, but as others have said, I would like to see some class balancing and fixing bugged events. Orr is annoyingly broken right now.

Posted by: DusK.3849

DusK.3849

Guardian, 80 for the past couple of weeks, 9/10.

Like rock and metal remixes of video game music? Check out my site and get your headbang on!
Also, check out Hardcore Adventure Box: World 1, World 2, Lost Sessions
Main Character: Dathius Eventide | Say “hi” to the Tribulation Clouds for me. :)

Posted by: Ahwoo.8029

Ahwoo.8029

Ranger
6.5/10

Posted by: Vayra.3290

Vayra.3290

80 Elementalist: WvW/PvE: 9/10, SPvP: 5/10
40 Mesmer: 10/10

The Unnamed[ThUn] – Desolation
Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

Posted by: Qelris.6901

Qelris.6901

Ranger 45, stopped playing it because I just didn’t like rangers. I’m still using it for WvW for monthly achievement. (Map Completion: 47%)

Guardian 48, deleted to change of order. (Map Completion: 50%ish)
Guardian 65, fun at open pve, dungeons meh, never been looking forward for PvP. Decided to try something new and made a mesmer. (Map Completion: 64%)

Mesmer 18. Started it yesterday. I’ve been having a hard time from the transition from a guardian to a mesmer(a lot of blocks on guardian). I’m starting to get used to it atleast.

I always 100% every map of the same level range before going to the next level range(1-15 before 25-35, etc). I’ve done couple of dungeons, I like the difficulty for the most part, though I do dislike when I get bad groups or certain dungeon explore paths(AC path 3, by example). I haven’t crafted yet, simply because it isn’t worth it. I’ve PvPed through WvW only with my Ranger for monthly achievement. I don’t really care about PvP, as I prefer complete PvE before PvPing. I’m still looking forward a profession that I will actually like at higher level.

Couple of things I dislike.. camera, occasional glitched events, difficulty to get gold for certain professions at certain DEs..

Time Played: 307 hours
I’m actually surprised at how much time I’ve played.. wow..

I’m giving it at 8/10

I’m only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Posted by: Cavthena.3065

Cavthena.3065

80, Ranger
While leveling – 8/10
+ Great game content, enjoyable, very nice story.
- poor skill diversity, large amount of bugs

While at level 80 – 3/10
+ SPvP is fun.
- Large amount of bugs, Content is repetitive, Content is dull and not exciting, crafting and dungeons feel tedious.

Posted by: Libensborn.7851

Libensborn.7851

Lvl 80 Necromancer – 8/10

It would be 10/10 if not for the bugged DEs and some traits not working as they were supposed to. Apart from that im enjoying the game.

Posted by: McSneaky.9037

McSneaky.9037

80 engineer, 80 mesmer, 35 warrior
2/10

Posted by: MKJoker.8372

MKJoker.8372

80 Warrior, 80 Ranger.

8/10

Taking a break though. 300 hours in such a short time hits you hard.

Posted by: Duskmelt.9834

Duskmelt.9834

Level 66 Mesmer Happiness 9/10

Posted by: SolaceInDeath.7502

SolaceInDeath.7502

80 Thief
Leveling, 9/10
Despite the glitches with some of the events, which is the only negative, it was great. The quests were memorable, the zones were great, and heart quests actually felt rewarding.

“Endgame,” 1.5/10
I told myself I would play this for years. I ended up taking a break a week after I started playing, came back, got some decent Exotics, and it lost it’s entire appeal. It just hit me that the game was a meaningless grind, and sets meant nothing. There is no progression other than leveling itself, and all of the PvP sets are the same models as the PvE sets. Not to mention that the personal story ending was a complete disgrace.

I quit WoW almost 2 years ago, and I am very disappointed I am debating going back to it.

(edited by SolaceInDeath.7502)

Posted by: DanteZero.3569

DanteZero.3569

level 80 human ele: 7/10

All in all, having started out as a hardcore ele in GW1, it would be natural that I play an ele in GW2. My problems though, range from some skills being too weak, having too long of a cooldown, or the traits being lackluster. Especially the grandmaster traits.

Posted by: AlexanderFaust.4518

AlexanderFaust.4518

Highest Characters::
Lv80 Necro
Lv80 Elementalist

Highest Crafting::
Lv400 Tailor
Lv400 Jeweler
Lv400 Armorsmith
Lv400 Cooking
Lv400 Artificer

Current happyness level with GW2::
7/10

Good::
1. Living world w/challenging events.
2. No “required” grind.
3. Jumping puzzles.
4. Intricate Auction House.
5. Fun swapping mechanic for combat/weapons.
6. Explorer based rewards.
7. Casual friendly payment model.

Bad::
1. Can’t “complete” certain zones due to bugged skill points/hearts.
2. Crafting seems to be a BIG waste of time *(flooded market = no profit/point).
3. Been in 7 Guilds… ALL of which turn out to be lazy and don’t do “anything”.
4. Been playing since Pre-launch, only able to do 4 dungeon runs.. *(no one seems to be interested ~ lack of rewards?…).
5. Dynamic Events are usually empty and avoided by players *(if there’s no “chest” at the end).
6. Camera gets me motion sick when jumping *(constant zoom in and out for NO reason).
7. All of the Elite skills on BOTH my two lv80 suck and are to easily countered/ignored by bosses and in PvP/WvW -_-

Conclusion::
There are some REALLY good elements surrounding Guild Wars 2 ~ but some things are just boring and to “player dependent” *(can’t have fun solo, due to lack of challenge).

This extends to the “Dragons” ~ where the fights are nothing more than “pretty light shows” from all the players spamming their spells *(No challenge via lack luster boss mechanics and combat is just to easy to stand still/spam).

Posted by: Krighton.2138

Krighton.2138

8/10

Hideous Rift style armor designer has been hired by ANet. Female armor is abysmal for all classes.

This is a big one, since males are visual beings, I don’t like looking at “Ugly”

More exposure, push the envelope. Tera did it, does it quite well. Minus the 8 year old girls of course. don’t need that garbage.

Posted by: PawPrince.5719

PawPrince.5719

Guardian 43 – 2/10

also
Warrior 37
Thief 30
Ranger 24
Elementalist 16

Same overall though on the game, 2/10

I did make and level the Necromancer, Mesmer, and Engineer to level 15-18 as well, but deleted them after for space and because I could not enjoy those classes at all.

Posted by: bcbully.7289

bcbully.7289

Level 55
Happiness 2

I said 2 because even though I’m not playing, I don’t have to pay a sub. I guess that’s worth a 2

Posted by: Tiberus.2394

Tiberus.2394

74 Ranger
64 Guardian
44 Elementalist
43 Necromancer
36 Warrior
14 Mesmer

3/10 on all, weapon skills come way to early nothing to look forward too except traits and utility skills, game is so buggy, even the lower level zones are starting tokitten me off e.g. skill NPC in Beetlerun just disappeared yesterday.

I feel the same as SolaceInDeath.7502, I really wanted to enjoy this game but MoP actually looks like the better MMO.

Posted by: Lipin.7529

Lipin.7529

80 Elementalist 9/10

Need general bugs to be fixed.

Posted by: CthulhuDawn.8194

CthulhuDawn.8194

Level 80, Human Warrior (bleed build), 10/10

Posted by: Danicco.3568

Danicco.3568

80 Guardian, 10/10.

For 10 I mean I am having a really good time, despite the bugs and some other annoyances, but they don’t take out the fun from the game at all, since there’s still alot to do.

Posted by: Dungin.2983

Dungin.2983

engineer level 54, 10/10
…there are some issues b2p rocks my socks, and it runs 40-60 fps on my old dual core…game is beautiful also

Posted by: Gomly.6128

Gomly.6128

80 Ranger – 80 Warrior and 24 Engi … 10/10

Although I can’t seem to stick with one character. I level one then have to try something else.

Posted by: Krosslite.1950

Krosslite.1950

highest is 30
been playing since head start
all classes plus some

10/10

Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or hold sacred

Posted by: Ashlotte.3719

Ashlotte.3719

Ranger 80

Before Claw Island? 9/10 (Occasionally broken DE made me sad…)

After Claw Island? 4/10

Lost all interest in the personal story even before it bugged out and made me mourn a character I never heard of…Orr was just terrible after awhile and the final dungeon made me profoundly sad.

Hopefully Anet takes a lot from what people have said about the game to heart and makes the later game just as enjoyable as the early stuff was!

Posted by: Kanexus.2648

Kanexus.2648

guardian level 80..feeling are a bit mixed..but i would say its like a 8/10..just sucks that once u get max level u only can gain loot and the crazy karma gain to satisfy ur craving…they really should introduce a system to give you a reason to still wanna kill mobs besides mats

Posted by: Yvraine.2715

Yvraine.2715

80 Ranger 7/10

When I reached the Straits of Devastation it went to 4/10. But then I found the Kodans in Frostgorge Sound

Posted by: AliceKaye.1903

AliceKaye.1903

33 Engineer 9.5

Arcanist Norri | Ceirynn | Darbii | Emlyn | Nyssi | Teltiu
Alice Kaye’s Twitter

Posted by: hype r.5431

hype r.5431

80 Warrior

probably 9/10

Posted by: Balkito.8160

Balkito.8160

80 Charrior and 24 Thiefari, 10/10

I have to force myself to focus on these characters instead of making alts, and I have to try to rein my mind in to stay on one path instead of wandering off.

<pkittenye,>

#RookstarWasRobbed

Hickeroar.9734

80 Ranger 7/10

When I reached the Straits of Devastation it went to 4/10. But then I found the Kodans in Frostgorge Sound

I just discovered that zone as well. Woot!

Posted by: Fish.4567

Fish.4567

lvl 67 guardian. 8/10

rating will be higher once they fix all the bugged events and skill challenges etc. as well as improve the stability of server.