Your level, class, and happiness rating 1-10

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Vahn.2734

Vahn.2734

I’m not sure whether I should rate happiness with my class or with the game overall so I’ll do both. I’ve tried every class so far(But not past lvl 23 in beta.)

Ranger- 10/10

Guardian- 9/10

Warrior-8/10

Engineer-9/10

Mesmer-7/10

Elementalist-8/10

Necromancer-7/10

Thief-10/10

Overall game experience: 9/10

-1 for blantant lack of communication from forum mods and their tech support department.

Their community manager and reps seem to do a good job though. Seeing the devs post here is encouraging as well so that saves them a point.

If it weren’t for my one gripe about communication I’d have zero problems with this game, however, overall, I like this game a lot and see myself playing it for a long time.

Posted by: Zederok.4173

Zederok.4173

Level 80 Warrior 7.5 out of 10

I deducted one point because there is no real skill progression, since all your main skills and abilities are aquired by level 5 or 6. I deducted another point for alot of broken events. and I deduct another .5 points for not having a decent way to find groups for dungeons.

Proud member of Vigilance of Sanctum of Rall. Order of Longbowman’s local 187 since 1971

Posted by: Mellotron.7598

Mellotron.7598

80 Mesmer
8/10

Posted by: sixfeetunder.6508

sixfeetunder.6508

60 warrior

31 ranger

7 gaurdian

rest of the classes suck.

1-3 bases soly on dps/tank/justkilling

Posted by: beatrix.5074

beatrix.5074

80 Thief
11/10

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

80 Necromancer: bugs… bugs everywhere.
The ‘everything is endgame’-thing is a lie and the downscaling is not consequent enough, which really bugs me.
But i had a lot of fun leveling and playing.
8.5/10

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: vic.7065

vic.7065

lvl 80 Thief

9/10 Apart from some minor issues, this is the best Themepark MMO since Vanilla WoW.

Posted by: sdubb.3064

sdubb.3064

59 and loving every minute …..10/10

Posted by: sdubb.3064

sdubb.3064

59 and loving every minute …..10/10

Posted by: melkathi.5203

melkathi.5203

Asura warrior lvl fiftysomething, can’t exactly remember.
6 or 7 out of 10
Difficulty in the game seems to be created by increasing spawn sizes and decreasing respawn timers, by giving all enemies knockdown and poison/bleed and by forcing you to kite and kite while waiting for your condition remover and healing skills to come off cooldown. Seems that whatever class you pick, that is what you end up doing (at least in the personal story)

Posted by: Mastermind.3169

Mastermind.3169

lvl 80 guardian 3/10

Posted by: jaish.7925

jaish.7925

80 ranger
happiness (7/10)

Posted by: Kuddleguts.2501

Kuddleguts.2501

80 mesmer – 9/10
The amount of people complaining about quest bugs is surprising. I can’t think of any other MMO launch that was as smooth as this one, and I think I playedkittennear all of them. TP problems were slightly annoying and my heart goes out to the necros, but I have to say that Anet exceeded my expectations.

Posted by: RaZaC.1963

RaZaC.1963

Cool Topic

Level 50 Norn Elementalist 9/10 because of things that need refinement.

-Dungeons;
-More armor skins;
-Bug fixes;
-Balance PvP;

Posted by: Yocchan.8902

Yocchan.8902

Level 44 Guardian 10/10

Posted by: Spryt.8012

Spryt.8012

80 Sylvari Elementalist 9/10

Still a lot of things that need fixing but there is enough stuff that works for me to still have fun.

Posted by: Ba air.1372

Ba air.1372

61 Sylvari Elementalist 9/10

I have some minor annoyances but so far the rest of the game makes up for it.

Posted by: Calavera.1086

Calavera.1086

Engineer 22 9/10

Posted by: Venator.5780

Venator.5780

80 Mesmer 10/10

Posted by: Menso.4203

Menso.4203

31 thief 8/10

Wish I would notice all the time I spent in spvp more when I do pve

Posted by: Novalight.7568

Novalight.7568

80 elementalist:
PvE: 4/10
WvW: 9/10

63 warrior:
PvE: 9/10

“GW2 takes everything you love about GW1” – M. O’Brien
“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2” – C. Johanson
“The most important thing in any game should be the player” – R. Soesbee

Posted by: PhoenixFire.2790

PhoenixFire.2790

Trying a bunch at the same time so here goes (this is experience SO FAR, will change I’m sure as I level)

Ranger 28 – 9/10 – Very easy to play, Lynx I choose you! (BM/wilderness)
Warrior 28 – 7/10 – Straight forward slash fest (Crit build – sword/axe)
Mesmer 20 – 5/10 – Powerful but slower in pve. (staff build/ illusions)
Elementalist 20 – 7/10 – Fun in groups, haven’t figured out solo yet. (staff build air/fire)
Engineer 18 – 2/10 – Damage lowest of the 5 ( grenades/bombs thinking about maybe trying flame thrower)

If I had any idea of what I was doing, they’d probably all be 10/10. So really I’m rating my personal skill and understanding of the classes.

Last 3 tried but not my cup of tea.
Necro – deleted
Thief – deleted
Guardian – deleted

Posted by: AdelaisAer.4109

AdelaisAer.4109

Human, Engineer, 39, 7/10. Mostly happy, but with skill challenge npcs not working, and loots and rewards from mobs/champions being absolute crap, I am getting progressively unhappy the more I play.

One who prefers their own Elysium, a collected being of brilliant ambience and nurturing.

Posted by: Xeres.3724

Xeres.3724

52 Norn Warrior – 9.5/10. He hits things really really hard. Sometimes he gets in over his head because I whirlwind into a pack of 8 mobs and now they’re all attacking me.

40 Human Elementalist – 8/10. Large learning curve but I think I’m getting the hang of it. More gear dependent than the warrior though.

21 Norn Guardian – 7/10 so far. I like that she can take more damage than my warrior but she really needs more ranged options.

Posted by: DrixTrix.7168

DrixTrix.7168

Mesmer – 44

9/10 fix illusionary leap and give feedback field an ground target tag and then 10/10.

(playstyle 10/10 anyway)

Posted by: Rock.7324

Rock.7324

Rockbaby, lvl 70 Guardian, 8/10.

Lost a point due to bugs ingame (I’m well aware it’s the beginning and those will be fixed, but so far, lost a grade for that) and another one for PvP (I enjoy it, but due to some features missing I can’t enjoy it as much as I want).

* ’Ko leži ne beži! *
Rockbaby – Asura Guardian, Desolation EU :)
Rockavenger – Dwarf Paladin, Bronzebeard EU :D

Posted by: Stevoli.8795

Stevoli.8795

I had an engineer, got it to level 35, and deleted it. I just couldn’t get in to dropping totems all the time, er turrets, whatever.

Level 31 thief – 9/10
Level 45 guardian – 9/10
Level 21 warrior – 7/10
Level 40 elementalist – 8/10
Level 28 mesmer – 5/10 (seems like too much effort to put out decent dps)
Level 35 ranger- 8/10
Level 27 necro – 5/10 (just not my playstyle I guess)

(edited by Stevoli.8795)

Posted by: Kantazo.8324

Kantazo.8324

Level 80 Ranger 10/10

Posted by: BlueprintLFE.2358

BlueprintLFE.2358

Level 55 thief 9/10 love the class and design,
Level 30 Mesmer 9/10 ^^^^^^^ same as above
Level 25 Guardian 8-10 (love the class, wish we had a ranged weapon for WvW.)

If you meant for the game, 9/10 loving the game it’s a blast, definitely going to keep my attention for a long time.

USMC 1st Battalion 10th Marines
Guardian-Blueprinted, Warrior- Grizzilli
[JCM] Guild: Ehmry Bay WvW

Posted by: Jnaathra.6549

Jnaathra.6549

Got Elementalist to 80… Found it to be lacking when you stack it up side by side with the other classes.

5/10.

Made a Thief which I have pushed to 64 at this point. High burst and lots of finesse dodges. Much more fun to watch. Viable tank/survival and DPS builds.

8/10

No such thing as perfect in my book. To get a 10/10 classes would have to be utterly flawless.

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

Lvl 48 Guardian. Rank 30+ sPvP. 7/10.

-1 Poor Elite skills.
-1 Poor range combat capabilities. (change Staff’s Wave of Wrath into a 1200 range attack, allow Empower to be used on the move. Change Scepter’s 1srt attack into a 3 chain hit combo, change Smite into a symbol).
-1 Annoying profession specific bugs.

(edited by Khenzy.9348)

Posted by: Bguk.1309

Bguk.1309

Lvl 80 Ele 8/10

Posted by: Cancer.9065

Cancer.9065

Necro 80 9/10
Engineer 28 5/10
Warrior 15 10/10
Ranger 15 9/10
Ele 15 7/10

Edit Just notice that it was a 1/10 overall and not about each class. Overall I guess 7/10

Cancer is also a Zodiac sign.

Posted by: Salacious.7358

Salacious.7358

mesmerm, 32, 8/10

Posted by: theli.3542

theli.3542

ranger lvl 63 9/10
1 point reduction : axe-horn / greatsword is more fun than bows

Human Ranger
Aurora Glade – Aetheria guild

Posted by: Vordar.6548

Vordar.6548

Main 80 Warrior – 10/10
75 Guardian – 9/10
32 Elementalist – 9/10

Trying out a couple more alts to experience story from other points of view.

Posted by: Bruno Sardine.2907

Bruno Sardine.2907

80 Engineer

9/10

My only real gripes:

- Downed state abilities are kinda meh relative to some other classes
- Elixir gun doesn’t proc traits centered around elixirs even though the gun is shooting different elixirs (as said in the tooltips).
- Kits, in general, don’t adopt any of your main-weapon’s stats (and we only have one weapon set, just an fyi for those who don’t know engineers).
- Rifle is weirdly contradictory in that it’s supposed to be a ranged weapon and has skills to help maintain range, yet all of it’s high-dps abilities require you to be almost point-blank.

Posted by: rozcinana.7249

rozcinana.7249

Elementalist, 70-ish, 8/10

it would be higher but i’ve seen way too many bugged DEs lately.

Posted by: Ordika.9513

Ordika.9513

Warrior 47
Engineer 18
Elementalist 15

9/10 – some of the bugs on skill points and DE’s which block progression on them irk my OCD, but as long as ANet fixes them and I can eventually complete them I’m good

Ordika Skirata || Keirstaad Rhith || Rhun Turold || Quinten Vigar || Ahrung Park
Swansonites of North Shiverpeak – Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted by: FalconDance.1637

FalconDance.1637

Ranger 39
Mesmer 14
Guardian 18
Engineer 8

Satisfaction varies. Lately recurrent multiple game bugs have seriously lowered my enjoyment.

On a good day 9/10
Lately 4/10

BirchFlower [RBW] – Sylvari ranger, Isle of Janthir
Lili BirchFlower, Adjutant, Royal Black Watch
http://www.royalblackwatch.net/

Posted by: Attila.6348

Attila.6348

Necro 80 – class wise I’ll have to go with 6/10 just because I’m not playing him due to how many bugs they have.
Game wise – 10/10 I got my money’s worth and am still playing. 130+ hours I believe so far. I haven’t event played TF2 this long.

Posted by: killbill.7910

killbill.7910

I’m gathering data for another little statistical project and I need as much data as I can get!

All I need is your level, class, and just generally how happy you are right now on a scale of 1-10.

Much appreciated!

level 80
Ranger
10/10

-Killbill

" When you judge another you do not define them, you define yourself "

Posted by: Warchant.8476

Warchant.8476

46 engineer. 9/10

Posted by: OmegaDestroyer.4782

OmegaDestroyer.4782

Level 80 Engineer. Currently, I’d say I’m at 6/10 for happiness. Trying to raise crafting levels is frustrating, dungeons are horribly tedious and often feel cheap, the later areas of the game lack polish, a large amount of traits don’t work, and there are bugs everywhere.

Unfortunately, my interest is fading.

Posted by: Sarisa.4731

Sarisa.4731

Note that I’m a PvE player, so all my opinions are in that regard. I do not enjoy sPvP. While I somewhat enjoy WvW, I’m not going to jump in WvW and weaken my server by taking a spot that someone who is better than me, and enjoys WvW more could use better.

Profession:
80 Elementalist: 8.5/10 – Thoroughly enjoyable to play, and a great challenge in parts (especially solo in Orr). Score would be higher with a better trait design, and a bit better reward for the higher effort to play.

29 Mesmer: 6.5/10 – I greatly enjoyed this profession in BWE3, but between the nerf in phantasm health, and overall being weaker feeling in general in PvE in live as compared to beta.

Gameplay:
Controls 9/10 – Some minor issues, especially with the camera and very tall and very short characters. Otherwise, rather responsive and intuitive.

Exploration 9/10 – Very fun. The only drawback is that some areas are incredibly difficult due to high densities and high respawn rates of obnoxious mobs (large parts of Orr, some dredge areas). Some bugged chests.

Events/“Questing” in the open world 7.5/10 – The lower score is due to the large number of bugged events, skill challenges, and a few broken hearts. It’s sad to see previously working events and skill challenges in 1-15 areas now broken. The ease for botting to happen in some events also degrades it a bit. It’s also a bit sad to see broken chests at the end of certain difficult jumping puzzles. Fixing the bugs and issues with events, skill points, and the like will boost this up to 8.5/10 or 9/10.

I’m of mixed feelings about the “zerg” nature of some events. In some ways, it’s fun to have those large many-vs-many battles. In other ways, the increased challenge of shortmanning (3-5) big boss events like the Queensdale Wasp Queen, Iron Marches Branded Army, or some of the mid-level champion grade group bosses is a LOT of fun and feel more satisfying.

1-70 Play “Experience” 8.5/10 – There is a lot of variety in areas, and you’re not really forced to go any particular place if you do not wish to. Most hearts give you multiple ways to complete, so that if you want a break from fighting, you can do so. There is enough available experience to easily level yourself without having to do much grind, and completing hearts gives you a reasonable amount of spending money.

70-80 Play “Experience” 6/10 – Frostgorge Sound is enjoyable. Orr is not. It’s a challenge, yes, but there is simply too much trash, at too high of respawn rates, with way too many obnoxious abilities (pullback, condition explosions, spammed blind, cripple, lightning fast run speeds). You’re practically forced to Orr as it has the highest karma available outside of WvW, and is the only place to have a good chance of getting many of the better crafting ingredients.

Crafting 6/10 – A lot of good can be made, but there is also a lot of junk. Crafting is a huge money sink. Disciplines are inconsistent as to their difficulty at the current time.

Dungeons 4/10 – While they have a lot of potential, right now they are far too much grind for what they’re worth. I don’t feel all the cheap tricks and fake difficulty aspects are worth getting through to reach the difficult and fun parts. The reduction in rewards greatly reduced my desire to run these. They’re only worth doing in organized guild groups where everyone is on voice.

Community 8/10 – In game community is one of the best I’ve seen in any MMO. It was even better in preview. What I reduced the score for was that there is nothing that really creates communities. You get ad-hoc groups together, do a few events, and then break up. It’s difficult to “connect” with your fellow players outside of guilds. Another issue is that while ArenaNet got rid of most of the ways that players can grief one another, there are still a few ways, and those “tricks” are being done more and more.

Economy 6.5/10 – Money sinks are essential. I feel that they are a bit too much at the present time. Playing normally, without spam-farming Orr events, it can be difficult to build up a reasonable supply of currency to spend on levelling up crafting and optimizing your equipment. It seems as if a lot of the level 80 aspect is to get you to buy gems to earn money, but the gold you trade the gems for has to come from somewhere. I don’t want that gold to come from stolen accounts, bots, or exploits.

(Edit: Forgot the economy section)

Lille of the Valley [WHIP]

(edited by Sarisa.4731)

Posted by: Hawken.7932

Hawken.7932

My thief… leveled it up… was 10/10 until about level 40 and then kinda 7/10 in the end. I really LOVE the thief, but it needs more combat variation (I think just the variation that some more weapons would bring). Has great gameplay though.

My guardian is totally 10/10 at level 51.

My overall experience with the game is definitely a 9/10. There’s room to improve the game in some areas, but on the whole it’s an amazing mmo, imho.

I LOVE the dungeons, and don’t mind crafting — glad that both are hard for a change and not the mindless systems that other MMOs have.

Posted by: Latham.8064

Latham.8064

Lv 80 Elementalist – 7/10 PvE, 9/10 WvW, 5/10 sPvP
Lv 50 Ranger – 9/10 PvE
lv 20 Thief – 9/10 PvE
lv 25 Warrior – 4/10 (I just don’t feel the class play style at all)

others, various levels under 20:
necro – 6.5/10 (bugs andkitten minion AI)
guardian – 5/10 (play style a bit better than warrior, but still not my thing)
mesmer – 8.5/10 (slower in pve than other classes, but a lot of fun)
engineer – 8/10 (cool concept but somewhat confused as a class whole, no weapon swap is hurting it IMO, and counter-intuitive rifle abilities)

Game satisfaction: 8.5/10 why?
Pros: Very fun, addicting, WvW fun, all exotics share the same stats so you can choose your grind, beautiful big world, great race diversity
Cons: Champion Events turn into a zergfest where you usually stand and autoattack, underwater fights often bugged (creatures go immune + heal up to full), crafting is a grind to 400 and takes insane amounts of resources, personal story becomes Traherne’s story at one point.

(edited by Latham.8064)

Posted by: Manifoldgodhead.2356

Manifoldgodhead.2356

Level 80, Thief 10/10

Posted by: Crysto.7089

Crysto.7089

Engineer 80.
PvE 10/10
PvP 3/10 on land. PvP 7/10 while defending a siege. PvP 10/10 underwater.

Overall Score: 7/10.

Warrior 17
6/10
Only 2 weapon slots what? I’ve got like 4 unique skill bars on my engineer at any given time. Gets boring fast. Feel like my options are quite limited even on a profession that can use many more weapons.

#1 Commander/Player NA: Promotions

Posted by: Somoe.3621

Somoe.3621

80 Guardian: 7/10

For the most part I’m enjoying the game and my Guardian, to the extent that I have yet to get an alt past level 6 before going back to her. The game loses 3 points though for a few reasons. Keep in mind there’s just as many, if not more, reasons as to why I LOVE this game.

1. Crafting/Economy
- Lots of over-saturation and many items are only worth vendoring.
- Secondary materials (Blood, Bones, Dust, etc) are more important than primary materials (Ore, Wood, Cloth, etc).
- The price of Runes of Holding spikes up DRAMATICALLY (4s → 14s → 50s → 2g? → 10g!?)

2. Guardian
- Scepter’s #1 is entirely too slow.
- Staff needs a lot of attention and the animation for it’s #1 seems unnecessarily bad on female Humans (imo).
- Greatsword is overpowered, as it is for every class that can use it.
- Sword and Torch don’t really seem to have a purpose because Greatsword is superior in just about every way.
- Elite skills seem very binary and lack variety (one for tanking/melee, one for supporting, one for ranged DPS)
- Tanking doesn’t feel like an accepted role in the game due to the removal of the trinity system and mobs can still 2-3 shot even if you’re stacking Toughness.
- Heavy armor design feels uninspired compared to the absolutely gorgeous light, and to a lesser extent medium, armor designs.

General:
- Events are too easily zergged.
- World bosses should have a more randomized respawn timer to prevent people from camping and zerging them repeatedly.
- It would be nice to be able to change FoV.
- “Culling” when there are too many players in an area
- Dodge, although super fun and an amazing idea, is inherently anti-melee
- Ranged feels superior to melee