Your longest time to sell a legendary Weapon?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: TehHobNob.4687

TehHobNob.4687

Hi there. Just wondering what your longest personal wait for that big sell on the TP is. I’m here killing time while mine is hitting 2 days and getting undercut. The waiting is destroying me. I’m so impatient lol. Anyone have any good stories with this?

Pancakes
Thief

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

Well the longest are the ones that have been up for years :P. Anyways its best to put it up few hours before reset. Its around that time that most things in TP are sold. The time that it take to sell a legendary varies.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

Can be anywhere from 1-3 days to a couple of weeks and beyond.

Mostly depends on if you catch the market in an up or downswing and the amount of sellers versus buyers.

Unless you get really unlucky and get cought off guard from an economy rebalance or such which shifts the price point for months to come.

Best advice: try to forget about your listing and get suprised when it sells. Either that or take a hit from the 5% listing fee, which I would not advise after 2 days. Maybe after 2-4 weeks IF you absolutely need the gold.

Posted by: Doam.8305

Doam.8305

Unlike other games and basically every other Auction Hall I can think off this game lacks a shelf life for auctioned items. There is no 12h-48h and then reavaluate and repost. That means there are items left up for days, weeks, months, and years this makes the economy sluggish to change. Personally I think the current market price of legendaries are inflated. Because people are placing items in increments lower than the value of items put up for auction when these gen 1 legends were the only go to source.

For instance I own Bifrost already but I don’t think it or it’s pre is worth the current price tag. It got to be the most expensive legend due to being issuable by many classes and unlike the GS it was the only option. However we have two legendary Staffs now and one would think the price would have dropped substantially.

It will take as long as you want it to as we do have buy orders from people seeking a discount. The other route pays more but you’ll never when it will sell. Going during high population times like server reset over the weekend would maximize the amount of people that see you new auction. Being a legendary means it will be unlikely someone will instantly undercut you by a copper too.

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Took me 3 months to sell my Bifrost back when they were 4.4k each. That was the longest, the rest all sold under a week.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

It entirely depends on so many factors that it’s not worth comparing. The only reliable way to sell quickly without risking undercutting is to sell the highest buy offer. The next most reliable is to sell for 10-20% more than that and a good middle ground between risk|profit is a little more than halfway between buy & sell offers.

Here’s why you should resist your impatience and leave your legendary alone:

• Profit runs from 300 to 800g depending on the weapon.
  • The sale price is 1800-3000g.
  • It costs you 5% of asking price each time you change an offer, so that’s 90-150g to relist.
  • Each relist therefore depletes your profit enormously.

For example:
According to GW2 Efficiency, you can forge Bolt for ~1800g. If you list it for just under the current lowest sale offer of ~3000g, you’ll gross 2400g for a net profit of 600g. If you relist once due to impatience, you’ll lose 150g, so you’d net 450g instead.

Incidentally, if, instead, you happened to have acquired Zap randomly and sold it directly for just under its WTS price of 740g, you’d end up with 629g.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Ryou.2398

Ryou.2398

All you need to do is lower the price a bit, just make it a decent deal compared to the current price.

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

All you need to do is lower the price a bit, just make it a decent deal compared to the current price.

Since he already listed the item, this would effectively cost him his 5% listing fee and the cut in price he demands.

The btter approach is to wait a couple of days more and since no economic balance changes are set to be patched in, the risk of a drastic market shift down are lower.