Your luck with the forge and Precursors?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Amborz.2174

Amborz.2174

Ive heard the chances of getting a Precursor in the forge is rare. I’m just wondering how rare….for everyone else.

In the last week Ive gotten 2 in under 10 tries for each. SO I’m just curious to hear from everyone else.

This less than a week ago: http://i50.tinypic.com/2ywyhq1.jpg

This today: http://i45.tinypic.com/2a8glma.jpg

So am i just extremely lucky and should i keep pushing my luck or is this common?

Posted by: nawrasz.6219

nawrasz.6219

You’re extremely lucky and you know it and made a topic pretending not to know it so you get the “OMG WOW YOU GOT 2? YOU LUCKY GUY YOU” posts from the people and/or people who envy you.

Yep. Anyway, yeah, lucky. I got a Dawn after 30 gold worth of attempts or so and that’s considered lucky too. You could keep going and end up wasting another 200 gold and getting nothing though, so I’d just sit on what you have and make a legendary if you want to.

Posted by: Kromica.2831

Kromica.2831

Stopped keeping track of how many times I tried it was to depressing.

Posted by: Kanthor.2094

Kanthor.2094

I’ve gotten 6 so far, but the worst 4 are probably less than 50G combined. With some precursors being so valuable and so rare, you would have to record a rediculously large sample size to even come close to knowing your average return.

Amborz.2174

You’re extremely lucky and you know it and made a topic pretending not to know it so you get the “OMG WOW YOU GOT 2? YOU LUCKY GUY YOU” posts from the people and/or people who envy you.

Yep. Anyway, yeah, lucky. I got a Dawn after 30 gold worth of attempts or so and that’s considered lucky too. You could keep going and end up wasting another 200 gold and getting nothing though, so I’d just sit on what you have and make a legendary if you want to.

Well..that was, rude. I was actually curious as to others experience….because there are so many conflicting answers and continual updates to this kinda stuff. Thanks for your feedback.

Posted by: Saturn L O L.1406

Saturn L O L.1406

I agree with second poster, there is absolutely NO way you would put yourself in this precursor market without doing ANY research, the net is absolutely flooded with QQ threads about every single precursor related mystic forge crafting… GL anyway, still rude

Amborz.2174

I agree with second poster, there is absolutely NO way you would put yourself in this precursor market without doing ANY research, the net is absolutely flooded with QQ threads about every single precursor related mystic forge crafting… GL anyway, still rude

I actually didn’t put myself in the market…Dusk was an accident i was only hoping for a few exotics in return. I never thought i could get precursors with forging rares anyway i thought you could with exotics. So i didn’t need to research anything. The second one i thought why not i did it once…who wouldn’t try again after getting it so easily..4 tries. How was i being rude though ? Y’all are a hard group to talk to…I’ll think twice before posting here for anything else lol

Posted by: OliverLogan.7145

OliverLogan.7145

Thread Hijack!

Do we have an official percentage for chucking lvl 80 Rares in?
Some estimates are 0.5% – 1%. Can anyone confirm?

Turning Dolyaks into [Slab of Red Meat] since 2012.