"Your message has been suppressed due to excessive messaging"

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Herrstarr.5821

Herrstarr.5821

Getting this after shouting in map chat once “LFG etc etc etc”, I try the same line again literally 5 minutes later (sat and had a cig while waiting for any1 to reply to first shout), tried again and got this message.

Not the first time this has happened either, it makes trying to find a group for anything pretty god kitten hard, is the spam system bugged or something ? Can you not repeat the same line of text once or twice every 10 minutes ?

I’m at a real loss here, No idea what to say, besides the fact that this is just dumb.

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

indeed sometimes when i try to form a party for a dungeon i get silenced for ages because i spammed lfg like 4 or 5 times.

Posted by: Rizzy.8293

Rizzy.8293

Dungeon Finder system would get rid of this issue.

Posted by: Tortun.5946

Tortun.5946

Even when you’re not doing the same line and you’re having a conversation in /say this bloody well kicks in.

Tortun – Protector of Gandara and Bessie!
WvWvW Player Who Doesn’t Have Much of A Clue

Posted by: Rhongomyniad.5081

Rhongomyniad.5081

Happens a lot in WvW too, and despite changing my message I get suppressed for ages .. hope it gets changed! If someone is really being a nuisance you can always block em

Posted by: Urosh Uchiha.9732

Urosh Uchiha.9732

This is annoying in my opinion as well. Usually when I find a group of people doing stuff in the world and we start to talk on /say chat and I get muted for 10 years… really kills the mood and socializing. And I agree with Rizzy for the Dungeon Finder. Not only for the reason of getting muted. It’s really annoying and money wasting when you want to raid and you go to each zone to check if there are people there willing to raid. Dungeon Finder would save a nice amount of silver.

Posted by: dirtyklingon.2918

dirtyklingon.2918

i think it’s from being reported for spamming.

who doesn’t love wow clones?

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

Aren’t you guys enjoying the community building that a lack of dungeon finder offers??? Screaming lfg over and over, being blocked and reported for spamming, wasting hours trying to find a group on your server only when there are probably plenty of other people across other servers who want that instance as well… Aren’t you happy these experiences haven’t been taken away and your community destroyed by that horrible dungeon finder tool?!

Posted by: Trock Bronze.9625

Trock Bronze.9625

Press Y hit looking for group, everyone standing by the dungeon (which there are plenty of) will see the symbol and you don’t need to say anything.

Posted by: Thunderstruck.5368

Thunderstruck.5368

Cmon Anet, If you are NOT going to have a dungeon finder you can’t seriously enforce this kind of "excessive messaging moderating….. Don’t make getting groups for dungeons harder than it already is.

(edited by Thunderstruck.5368)

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

Reported this LONG ago, like day 5 and was informed it was checked and it was working as intended. When I replied that evidently this was not checked cause saying something 20 mins apart should not get me supressed I was AGAIN told it was verified to be working as intended.

Not only this but the person handling my complaint had the AUDACITY to suggest if I felt like spamming in the map channel maybe I should find something else to do (paraphrased but it was insulting to me since I explained up front this was not the action I was suppressed for). Thats right, saying Poisontongue twice over 20 minutes is worthy of being muted.

Don’t hold your breath on them doing anything about it, it’s working as intended.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Posted by: akuzum.5263

akuzum.5263

Once i got this message because of i accidently ctrl+left clicked to map chat, instead of spliting items.
Probably some people reported me for spamming :/

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

I’ve gotten the message when all I’ve said is ‘ty’ in /say for getting revived.

I’ve gotten the message when as far back as I can scroll, I didn’t say anything.

I’ve also talked and talked and talked without getting suppressed.

I think it’s ok for ANet to have a system that enables them to save a lot of labor $$ from policing chat-channel abusers. But they need to get this code to actually work as it should (like so many things in GW2).

Posted by: theerrantventure.9185

theerrantventure.9185

I wish you could de-map the CTRL+function = paste to chat option. LCTRL is my Ventrillo/voice comms hotkey and often while mid fight, I spam a combo of abilities into the currently active chat and get locked out of chat for a few moments.

I’m fine with the temp lockout but I wish I could remap that one key. >.<

Trolls are like stray cats.
Feed them and they multiply.
Please do not feed them.

Posted by: snowywonder.2496

snowywonder.2496

We definitely need LFG channel or function. I don’t want to spend money to waypoint to the dungeon entrance just to find out no one is around and waypoint back. I don’t want to stay in LA for 30 minutes just to find last few members for dungeon. I don’t want to be suppressed because I use the same LFG/LFM sentence once every 5 minutes. Last but not least, I don’t want the dungeon to reset simply because the first enterer leaves the group or we kick him out for AFK.

Posted by: Ars Valde.8693

Ars Valde.8693

So, I’ve recently started gambling on dyes as a way to make money, and to acquire gratuitous amounts of colors for myself and friends. However I have reached the point where we are all saturated, and so I end up giving away large amounts of worthless dyes for free to people instead.

This is when I hit chat/email suppression. In Anets effort to combat bot-spamming and emails they have taken a heavy handed approach that is affecting the players. When I’m attempting to list off dyes to give away I link quite a few at once and it gets chopped down for some reason. Nothing like linking 10 dyes to give away and only 2 show, causing me to have to INSTEAD post multiple times in smaller increments, which I then hit the spam suppression.

Further to aggravate this is attempting to send out emails to people who request said dyes (Because we don’t have any way to actually TRADE with people) gets suppressed for rapid emailing.

My solution so this isn’t just kittening?

Chat Suppression: Tone it down, bots are easily blocked. If someone DOES get suppressed, give them a timer so they don’t repeatedly test the suppression and get chatbanned for a longer period of time.

Email: Enable a feature to only receive emails from friends/guildies/game mail, and not random emails, and remove the suppression completely. Getting a few emails a day is not that bad.

(edited by Ars Valde.8693)

Posted by: Shinzan.2908

Shinzan.2908

I keep getting spam suppression messages when looking for a party, lacking a dungeon finger spamming LFG is all you can do though. Agree that it needs an adjustment imo.

Posted by: sushihead.9360

sushihead.9360

it is especially absurd when you are need to use /map chat to find groups…

Posted by: Lamont.5973

Lamont.5973

It is set way too extreme at this point.

Posted by: ChairGraveyard.2967

ChairGraveyard.2967

The fact that they made it so story mode dungeons only give the real reward on the first time through really exacerbates this problem. Finding story mode groups is practically impossible without also getting your LFG messages shut down.

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

I thought it was kind of amusing when I was trying to coordinate a united attack in WvW.

I was like “Everyone get ready to push in 10 seconds”
Then “5”, “4”, “3”, “2” ……“message suppressed due to excess spaming”.

Needless to say that attack ended up a clusterkitten.

I know there are workarounds and the feature serves a purpose….but yeah….it’s a little sub-optimal at times.

Posted by: Iambeastx.6805

Iambeastx.6805

Getting it after 3 mails to guildies to give them potions for a dungeon >.<

All my life i wanted to be someone,
now i realise i should have been more specific.

Posted by: Artair.1687

Artair.1687

I don’t think the game needs a dungeon finder, that really did ruin wow, but not having a proper LFG tool in the game at release I think was a huge mistake. An LFG list that worked on the whole server, with some filters and being able to post things you want to do is what this game needs.

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

Getting this after shouting in map chat once “LFG etc etc etc”, I try the same line again literally 5 minutes later (sat and had a cig while waiting for any1 to reply to first shout), tried again and got this message.

Not the first time this has happened either, it makes trying to find a group for anything pretty god kitten hard, is the spam system bugged or something ? Can you not repeat the same line of text once or twice every 10 minutes ?

I’m at a real loss here, No idea what to say, besides the fact that this is just dumb.

This happened to me as well, I did 3 of the same message with about a 1 minute interval inbetween and got suppressed messaging. I missed 2 dungeon groups because I couldn’t chat for a while. I’m seriously in awe at how stupid this is

Posted by: Krosslite.1950

Krosslite.1950

New LFG mechanics in the works. hopefully in Nov. (crossing fingers) Don’t quote me on that pure speculation there.

But still give it a chance to kick in

Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or hold sacred

Posted by: Reclaimer.9276

Reclaimer.9276

Currently the most annoying thing for me in gw

Posted by: ThetaJ.9038

ThetaJ.9038

I’m having this issue and it’s ridiculous…All I’m doing is sending to mail messages and I’m getting the excessive messages error…

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

I’m having this issue and it’s ridiculous…All I’m doing is sending to mail messages and I’m getting the excessive messages error…

A. Necro thread.
B. the mail limit could be raised by at least 2 but 5 would be awesome.

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.