Your message was surpressed

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tom.6478

Tom.6478

I was just talking to someone and got that message…..I could understandf if I where using the map chat, but I was using the whisper.

Is this a comon thing?

Posted by: Insignia.6345

Insignia.6345

Yes give it a few minutes and you can go back to chatting away.

Asuranaut Tarnished Coast

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

The supression is way too aggressive it catches normal conversation :/

(also let me mail potions to my party please :o especially if we’re already in a guild! No supression for guildies please.)

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

It seems to affect all type of chat.

It also has some odd standards for when to supress messages. For example I like to wait when I’m killed to see if anyone would revive me. I used to type ‘thank you’ into /say in advance ready to post when someone did revive me, but I found that even if I hadn’t said anything for ages having that message sitting there ready to go caused the game to believe I was spamming it and supress me.

I’ve also been caught by it in situations where I was going down and being revived a lot, or otherwise playing cooperatively with strangers and kept saying ‘thanks’. That one is easy to get around because if you vary the message even slightly it allows it, but it’s still annoying.

I’m not sure if it’s Anet being overly cautious or if it’s an issue with how the chat is programmed – maybe these are the only ways they can pick up spamming – but it could do with being adjusted.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”