Your opinion about today´s update

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: robertjan.2197

robertjan.2197

Hi all,

Just curious about every one´s opinion when it comes to today´s update?

Personally I am quite disappointed as I was hoping for a lot more improvements e.g. towards balancing in WvW and some rework of the racial skills as well.

Posted by: TorsoReaper.8530

TorsoReaper.8530

The ele nerf was completely ham fisted. I wonder how they came up with 7% on overload air. Couldn’t they start with 3% and see how it goes?

I do love the ascended pvp changes. Now everyone can feel the pain of ridiculous leather prices and maybe it will put pressure on Anet to undo the stupid changes that messed them up in the first place.

The only positive i got from the patch is that boon sharing goes from 5 to 10 and I can get fractal keys.

Posted by: Devilman.1532

Devilman.1532

Good gods…. why not just delete the Elementalist class from the game if this is going to be your approach devs… Then again its what we have come to expect from you. Over the top nerfs and no real reasoning at all behind it.

Hamfisted? Yeah that’s one way to put it. I would have used the word idiotic personally.

This patch fixed nothing at all and only created more problems while addressing none.

0/10 complete failure.

Posted by: VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618

VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618

hm? mostly they buffed it. Arc lightning got up, lots of cooldowns went down. The overload air nerf was the only thing. And I can see why they did it. It was kind of overpowered.

Posted by: Azel.4786

Azel.4786

The problem with elementalist is that the “buffs” were done to compensate for an overnerf that was widely pointed out by the community but ignored.

These “buffs” make no changes to the meta of the class, under used skills, lacking weapon combos, traits, etc. it changes nothing. Or rather, the only thing with substance is the nerf on staff and air overload which still needs to be seen in detail how big that will be.

Devilman.1532

also don’t forget the nerf on Meteor as well that wrecks any flow there was in Fire that remained after the lava fon nerf…. you are correct these “buffs” are utterly meaningless. The nerf on Overload Air is huge. The class is now in a worse place than it was 3-4 months ago.

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

hm? mostly they buffed it. Arc lightning got up, lots of cooldowns went down. The overload air nerf was the only thing. And I can see why they did it. It was kind of overpowered.

Yeah but the by far top dps class in pve lost WHOLE SEVEN PERCENT OF DAMAGE on one of their more important skills, class is obviously dead now!!!!! Duh Not to mention that meteor shower was completely kittened on large hitboxes and it’s a surprise it even lasted that long without getting an on-hit-icd.

Guy’s obviously complaining for no reason.

Overall this balance patch seems pretty promising (although there’s parts I’m definitely unhappy with), has the option to shake the PvE meta a bit and open up more options for raid-comps again, though how far that’ll get used by the community has to be seen.

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

A single skill got a justified damage nerf in PvE. And 7% on air overload will not take Ele’s out of the running for top DPS. Again, even if they weren’t the buffs you wanted, nothing else in this patch was a nerf for eles.

Posted by: MyLifeForAiur.7840

MyLifeForAiur.7840

Yeah i also really dont like the ele nerfs here… the buffs could never compensate for the hefty nerf of meteor. I actually dont mind the overload air nerf because holy crap did that skill do damage as it was, 7% isnt a big deal. The mediocre buffs dont nearly make up for the meteor nerf… The class is by far the squishiest for a reason, Id much prefer the trade off of kitten tier survivability for high damage and utility to stay as it is. Every hit to damage makes the trade off so much less worthwhile.

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

I’m apoplectic. ANET has once again given away Mesmer’s signature ability.

First confusion, then Moa and now alacrity. By giving alacrity to Revenant … anet more-or-less invalidated the Chronomancer specialization.

I’d like anet to explain there apparent bias against Mesmer.

Mesmerising Girl

Posted by: Smoochoo.1086

Smoochoo.1086

All they succeeded in is to make the raids even easier than before. They totally ignore the players that want challenging content. They still ignore the people who want good-looking armor. Instead we got another ugly kitten glider and one laughable legendary after the other. No wonder this game looses more and more ppl when anet shows us with every update that they just don’t care about us. Raids are already easy enough if you got the skill and the motivation to learn and yet we get unbelievable updates like this one which ruins the difficulty level of something that was supposed to be for hardcore gamers who wanted challenging content.

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

I feel myself proven about the fact, that the time is over for “Skill Number Change” patches and that this game finally needs proper game mechanic changes instead that will be significantly more impactful for the game to bring it back onto the right track, than such a laughable “give candy to 8 of 9 kids powercreep festivals” like this patch, which solves nothing and makes things even only much worser.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Devilman.1532

Its easy to see here who doesn’t play the Ele class and has zero idea what they are talking about. LOL Oh well as I’ve heard it said “You cant do elite things with basic people.”

Maybe one day the devs will get a clue.

Ithilwen.1529

ANET gave away alacrity as it did confusion and Moa.. thereby invalidating an entire HoT specialization, the Chronomancer.

This is a joke right? You paid for a new specialization.. but we’ve decided to take it away from you.. because reasons.

Mesmerising Girl

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Delete revenant from the game. Pretty please. Thanks you very much. Those changes are ridiculous. Jalis worst legend got nerfed. Also whats the point of energy system? Another skill with 10cd? Wtb cooldowns for thief weapon skills in such case.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Its easy to see here who doesn’t play the Ele class and has zero idea what they are talking about. LOL Oh well as I’ve heard it said “You cant do elite things with basic people.”

Maybe one day the devs will get a clue.

I mean you go around here, claiming ele is definitely dead due to two nerfs (I’m not even gonna deny they aren’t heavy handed) when you have yet to see DPS comparisons between classes. Staff DPS was easily ahead 7k+ on large targets, not to mention that this is 2nd highest dps, not even some “average dps”.
Stop crying, wait how it plays out and if turns out to be that bad and anet doesn’t do anything about it then come back.
In the meantime, if you want to see two classes that get treated badly overall try necro and rev, Ele is far from getting kitten treatment.

TorsoReaper.8530

The crazy part about the whole thing is everyone would have been happy with a balance patch that buffed the underloved traits, weapons, and skills. The #1 complaint is not enough build variety but instead of fixing that they just put on the blindfold and swing the nerf bat and then give token buffs that don’t compensate for anything. It’s like the people doing the balancing don’t even play the game.

Posted by: Gibbonz.7219

Gibbonz.7219

Rev still useless

WHY

Posted by: Gwaihir.1745

Gwaihir.1745

ANET gave away alacrity as it did confusion and Moa.. thereby invalidating an entire HoT specialization, the Chronomancer.

This is a joke right? You paid for a new specialization.. but we’ve decided to take it away from you.. because reasons.

Tired of your qq threads bud. I didn’t see the guardian community coming out in force to qq years ago the moment another class gained access to stability.

Posted by: HardRider.2980

HardRider.2980

Ele gets rech buffs and one nerf and it’s qq dead class from people lol.

It’s still meta people…it’s still viable everywhere jeez.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Kiwi.6924

Kiwi.6924

Ithilwen.1529

I’d almost agree with this if the alacrity change looked viable. It’s weird enough that they’d give them alacrity (instead of a unique buff that fits the class flavor), but you can’t seem to have 100% uptime on it, and the fact that rev can’t provide quickness means they can’t actually replace a mesmer, and still have no place in the meta. I’m very confused about this change.

Posted by: Vyrulisse.1246

Vyrulisse.1246

Scrapper is the new Engi. Ignored.

Posted by: Azel.4786

Azel.4786

The crazy part about the whole thing is everyone would have been happy with a balance patch that buffed the underloved traits, weapons, and skills. The #1 complaint is not enough build variety but instead of fixing that they just put on the blindfold and swing the nerf bat and then give token buffs that don’t compensate for anything. It’s like the people doing the balancing don’t even play the game.

Shhhh…. You are making sense before a senseless patch.

It is easier that anet just deletes all the underused stuff rather than go back and improve them.

Posted by: Diskthree.4627

Diskthree.4627

That does not change the fact that pugs and even statics will pick up on the nerf fast and find reasons good or bad to not run eles in favor of engi/rangers. When 5/5 became meta in raids people stated that 4/4/2 and 7/2/1 was viable and things were fine. Skip forward a month later and everyone was using 5/5 anyway.

I have to agree with the people above that the nerf has not addressed the class/skill variety issues. In terms of potential dps, engi was buffed and eles were nerfed. Realize though, that ele dps was often much lower than the benchmarks created in realistic scenarios.

I for one would like to see the “Flavor of the Month” balance patches to stop.

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Ithilwen.1529

I’d almost agree with this if the alacrity change looked viable. It’s weird enough that they’d give them alacrity (instead of a unique buff that fits the class flavor), but you can’t seem to have 100% uptime on it, and the fact that rev can’t provide quickness means they can’t actually replace a mesmer, and still have no place in the meta. I’m very confused about this change.

Its less about whether this will make Ventari viable (it won’t) or whether it will allow Rev to provide 100% uptime on alacrity (I’m doubtful, and even if they could it would mean they couldn’t do much else, especially not switch legends), or even whether this will allow Rev to replace chronos in raids (definitely not). Its more about the fact that Chrono is the only class who got its marketed unique mechanic given away for no reason other than ANet didn’t want to redesign a rev legend. Every other class now has a unique effect they can apply. Every other class except for mesmer. And for most of those classes, one or more of the unique effects they can apply is a core class effect, it wasn’t even tied up in the elite spec in the first place, yet for mesmer alacrity was.

And it won’t even make ventari viable. So why did it happen? Why does mesmer get kittened like this? Why can’t mesmer have nice things? Other classes got access to moa, other classes now received access to alacrity as well. Frankly I wouldn’t be surprised if at this rate other classes will have better access to partywide quickness than chrono does within a year, and if another class gets a portal with the second expac.

NovaanVerdiano.6174

That does not change the fact that pugs and even statics will pick up on the nerf fast and find reasons good or bad to not run eles in favor of engi/rangers. When 5/5 became meta in raids people stated that 4/4/2 and 7/2/1 was viable and things were fine. Skip forward a month later and everyone was using 5/5 anyway.

I have to agree with the people above that the nerf has not addressed the class/skill variety issues. In terms of potential dps, engi was buffed and eles were nerfed. Realize though, that ele dps was often much lower than the benchmarks created in realistic scenarios.

I for one would like to see the “Flavor of the Month” balance patches to stop.

You mean like how currently people keep utter trash eles (some of which even get out-dps’d by chronos) instead of expanding their horizon and taking DHs, thieves or completely different dps for an overall better result?
Blame the pugs for that, I assume dps meters would help that at least. Also, DPS in actual scenarios is always lower than in benchmarks, that hits every class.

Posted by: Mr Godlike.6098

Mr Godlike.6098

Almost completely insignificant patch for pvp ele…Anet strongly supports zero build diversity on ele for another ranked season…literally devs don’t care.

Was depressed ele…now depressed druid
Kawaleria (KW)

Posted by: Travis the Terrible.4739

Travis the Terrible.4739

Balance team is blind to meta
Warriors only real nerf is for a gamemode i dont play.

Nothing else needs to be said.

Follow the darkness into the depths, it’s more fun than the light can provide.

(edited by Travis the Terrible.4739)

Posted by: Rap Tiger.1257

Rap Tiger.1257

For me it was another great patch since it made the pets better to be used, especially Wyverns in which are the pets that made me buy the expansion, now against the classes I face using my ranger core, warrior is not op, dragon hunter too Is not op, no class is op, stop crying, the only class that should have received a real big buff was revenant, the rest was a gift to have gained buff, so stop complaining and learn to play with the class.

Posted by: Clownmug.8357

Clownmug.8357

I’m sure this is how a lot of revenant players feel right now:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6_5IdNs4Vg

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

It’s all over the place.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I have mixed feelings regarding what I’ve read for changes. I’m trying to not form any strong opinions either for or against anything specifically.

[Until] I have a chance to get into the game and check some of it out first hand.

Stupid filter

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

(edited by LanfearShadowflame.3189)

Posted by: coso.9173

coso.9173

it’s funny to see the different points of view. thieves think they got the shaft again, other classes think thief got even more powerful, mesmers think that now with revenants, they’re not wanted anymore, revenants think they’re stil useless and no one will want them, eles think they got the shaft too, other classes think that the ele is top of the game and got mostly buffs and a couple of well earned nerfs…. opinions, right?

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

The Meteor Shower change for PVE is the harshest change among a mostly positive patch. I hope that ICD is reduced to 0.25-seconds (and soon) if they intend to keep it.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

Posted by: Ariurotl.3718

Ariurotl.3718

I liked it. Almost nothing I use was nerfed, and the guy going around yelling about Chrono being invalidated has been a source of much amusement.

Ithilwen.1529

Tired of your qq threads bud. I didn’t see the guardian community coming out in force to qq years ago the moment another class gained access to stability.

Stability was not the primary thrust and signature ability of Guardian. Let’s not forget that ANET also gave away confusion and Moa.. both supposedly unique to Mesmer.

Mesmerising Girl

Posted by: Ariurotl.3718

Ariurotl.3718

^ Yeah, this guy.

Posted by: fluffdragon.1523

fluffdragon.1523

it’s funny to see the different points of view. thieves think they got the shaft again, other classes think thief got even more powerful, mesmers think that now with revenants, they’re not wanted anymore, revenants think they’re stil useless and no one will want them, eles think they got the shaft too, other classes think that the ele is top of the game and got mostly buffs and a couple of well earned nerfs…. opinions, right?

This guy gets it.

As a primary thief player, I’m … indifferent. PvP only changes that don’t affect me, so no big deal, but stuff is being improved for better versatility. Nice to see. Maybe next round we might get some 2013/2014 era features back, even.

Mesmer changes sound awesome for making illusion builds more powerful beyond shatter spamming (yay!) and I might have reason to use a primary sword again, so yay for that, too. Otherwise it seems fair.

Not sure what revenant is doing with alacrity, but I didn’t do much with that side of chronomancer, so … no comment other than how weird a choice that is for a healing stance.

Happy to see better mace, banner, and shout stuff on warrior, personally. Been using builds focused around them in one form or another for years, so it’s exciting to hear they’ll be more prominent now.

Overall it seems … weirdly neutral. Some improvements, some reductions, the long awaited PvP split of everything is upon us, and nothing too good or bad. Just better.

Posted by: VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618

VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618

except that I play ele and I am fine with the patch. It makes some of the skills that had prohibitive long cooldowns actually usable. The 7% nerf is ok, IMHO. And the arc lightning buff is something I really like.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Stability was not the primary thrust and signature ability of Guardian. Let’s not forget that ANET also gave away confusion and Moa.. both supposedly unique to Mesmer.

Confusion wasn’t limited to mesmer, they just had the greatest access to it. For the most part, that’s still technically true.

Moa was unique, yes. However, Engineer also got warrior’s Rampage and Ele’s Tornado. Both of which were unique to their classes as well. I’m just waiting for Engi to get Lich Form in some fashion.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Silent The Gray.3091

Silent The Gray.3091

As a veteran player, played since launch, I fully support the reasonable changes made to the game in this previous update, it’s what we’ve all been yearning for, for quite some time, thank you dev team for putting your heads together and creating the shiniest of shinies.

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

This is simply due to the point, that the massive power creep buffs from all other classes outright outclass all the changes that thev Thief got.

All classes except thief Skill Recharge Times that massively improve the skills, the few changes on that on our skill feel unimpressive compared to all the rest of the other classes.
All classes except thief got direct damage boosts to skills with the biggest change at revenant, which got a skill boosted by freaking 100%

Their changes improve absolutely nothing on the gameplay side of the thief, there are no quality of life improvements unlike other classes received them.
Additionally we received PvP only nerfs , which feel just being totally pointless and being added only, so that they could say – there, look, we added also some nerfs, just for reasons, so that nobody could say in the end, that they most likely only buffed the class, like mostly all other ones with lots if skil lrecharge buffs that massively increase the DPS of these classes either or more useful in group support roles – and not because we needed really these useless nerfs

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: Keegan.4172

Keegan.4172

it’s really funny reading all these kitten comments about how one skill in their class got nerfed so the entire class sucks now lol.

Seriously, not everyone is going to like these changes. Everyone has their own opinions, but you guys need to just chill out over the smallest things that get you worked up.

(80s) Chronomancer, Reaper, Tempest, Druid, Berserker, Daredevil, Revenant.
(Below 80) Guardian, Engineer.

TorsoReaper.8530

it’s really funny reading all these kitten comments about how one skill in their class got nerfed so the entire class sucks now lol.

Seriously, not everyone is going to like these changes. Everyone has their own opinions, but you guys need to just chill out over the smallest things that get you worked up.

I think what is funny is Anet taking the long way to get to a mediocre outcome rather than the short way to get to a good outcome. What I mean is they could have left everything the same and looked at the underused weapons/traits/skills and buffed those to the level of the current meta builds. Instead they seem to randomly nerf and buff things without rhyme or reason.

Also, the fact that they said devs would be on to answer questions yet no devs are on, kind of speaks volumes about their ability to defend the changes in this patch, don’t you think?

Posted by: AnClar.1304

AnClar.1304

OK…it’s not the “end of ele as a class”…yet, but, truly ANet, I’m just fed up with your constant massive ele nerfs. This time Overload Air, and the thoroughly obnoxious cooldown on Meteor Shower.

I’ve generally kept my mouth shut on the long stream of ele nerfs, but this time I just have to say something. The microbuffs in no way make up for the systematic way in which you’re destroying the fun of playing this class. Let’s see, give us the glassiest, squishiest setup…then systematically over time remove the only compensation for having these crummy defensive abilities…having higher damage output.

I’m completely disappointed with the overall approach to this class that the devs seem to have held for quite a while now. I’m not just random qq’ing here. As many others have said, this seems to have been a long-held prejudice of the devs against ele.

Oh well…I fully expect the haters to flame me with the “Oh boo-hoo OP ele still OP just a bit less” comments. I don’t care. To me, this is beyond a single nerf…it’s about the systematic destruction of a class. Sorry ANet…bad job!

Oh, and as someone else mentioned in this thread…where are the devs anyways??? Gaile said that they would be on post-patch release to discuss…haven’t seen hide nor hair of ’em yet.

(edited by AnClar.1304)

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

Both my Necro and Engi builds got buffed. I am happy!

Posted by: Eval.2371

Eval.2371

The expectation was a lot of things that are over the top being reduced. Eg ele staff changes was totally expected. I hoped that all the other classes would follow suit. However I was wrong.

Almost every single class got substantial buffs in either a weapon, traits, or utilities. From a pvp perspective, a lot of what I find wrong with the game was not addressed. We still have very low skill floor classes that do exceptionally well with minimal effort. Conversely we still have a lot of higher risk playstyles or classes that don’t have any meaningful reward for playing them.

Lastly, I love ventari rev. The changes are interesting. Some of our problems were fixed: healing power not scaling well, auto summon tablet, light field has a use etc. Then we have alacrity which just strikes me as bazaro. In a pve setting it wont be meaningful enough to warrant taking if you have a mesmer in the group. Ventari is better than before but it still has all the same problems, its immobile, easy to lock down, not able to self sustain its self and does not assist the player in pressuring the opponent.

[Cya] TC Roamer/Scout
I Play WvW to have fun. I don’t find it fun anymore. Therefore I don’t play.

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

But they gave you all increased numbers for damage and lower numbers for cooldowns!
Should be winner winner chicken dinner for everybody!
Why you no all likes it!?!?!

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

Posted by: AnClar.1304

AnClar.1304

While every other class has been getting nerfed into oblivion in previous patches, two contenders remained at the top of the mountain continually getting praise and warming gifts, you know who those were? Ele and Warrior. I have zero sympathy for anyone playing Ele right now for having to deal with your first real nerf to anything in what… 3 years?

I’ve been playing ele since beta…I’ve been willing to put up with the one-shot kills, and constant kiting and dodging in order to stay alive…part of the class…fine. The compensation was, as I stated, higher damage output. This is not as you put it “your first real nerf in…3 years” If it were, I’d have nothing to say, but it’s not the first, second, third, or fourth significant nerf in the past three years. My point is still valid…this has been a systematic removal of the only compensation that eles had for being basically defenseless…especially against high-level enemies. I need to go dig out my history of ele nerfs over the years, and compare ‘em with the buffs. This ain’t only my opinion…many others share it. You’ve got yours. I don’t buy it.

Posted by: nedlee.5943

nedlee.5943

All classes except thief got direct damage boosts to skills with the biggest change at revenant, which got a skill boosted by freaking 100%

You sure are absolutely clueless. Look up on the wiki about how much that 100 percent increase means.