Your opinion about today´s update

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

Let me summarize this thread so far: Almost every class has been nerfed in ways that players complain about. Guess ArenaNet didn’t do their job right…

Posted by: TorsoReaper.8530

TorsoReaper.8530

Thats because most of the people in forum are crybabies that cant see that, even if arenanet gave a deserved Nerf (maybe in the wrong way but still deserved) to make Ele DPS in line with other classes, it still has the top DPS in the game.
And good thing that this damage come from and actually hard rotation, so it will be Pretty safe from eventual future Nerf.

You should start reading the actual numbers now that DPS meters are legalized. In a vacuum do Ele’s do the most paper damage? Sure. In reality? Most ele’s weren’t even hitting the max numbers because either they weren’t good enough to pull off the rotation or their team isn’t good enough to support them to pull off the rotation because they kept having to swap to other attunements.

The problem is Anet just goes by the paper numbers or whatever they see happening from top 1% raid teams and applies that to the entire player base which isn’t even where they will derive their revenue. GW2 sales numbers have been crap ever since HOT drove away 25% of the player base and this kind of crap might be fine for the 1% raid teams but the other 99% of the player base that actually needs to buy gems because they aren’t sitting on thousands of gold is going to get kittened off and leave. From a game design decision it was a bad idea. From a business perspective it was a bad idea.

And RTL? LOL. I will be shocked if D/D makes a comeback as meta. Believe me, when i played in the early days, I loved D/D. Nobody wants it to be viable more than me but come on man. Let’s be honest, that ship has sailed.

Posted by: mykemyk.7456

mykemyk.7456

Things seemed to be working quite fine for ele’s not sure why they had to nerf overload 7% in pve? I mean what is the point? Did the legendary bosses complain to Anet?

Posted by: lucadiro.4519

lucadiro.4519

Thats because most of the people in forum are crybabies that cant see that, even if arenanet gave a deserved Nerf (maybe in the wrong way but still deserved) to make Ele DPS in line with other classes, it still has the top DPS in the game.
And good thing that this damage come from and actually hard rotation, so it will be Pretty safe from eventual future Nerf.

You should start reading the actual numbers now that DPS meters are legalized. In a vacuum do Ele’s do the most paper damage? Sure. In reality? Most ele’s weren’t even hitting the max numbers because either they weren’t good enough to pull off the rotation or their team isn’t good enough to support them to pull off the rotation because they kept having to swap to other attunements.

The problem is Anet just goes by the paper numbers or whatever they see happening from top 1% raid teams and applies that to the entire player base which isn’t even where they will derive their revenue. GW2 sales numbers have been crap ever since HOT drove away 25% of the player base and this kind of crap might be fine for the 1% raid teams but the other 99% of the player base that actually needs to buy gems because they aren’t sitting on thousands of gold is going to get kittened off and leave. From a game design decision it was a bad idea. From a business perspective it was a bad idea.

And RTL? LOL. I will be shocked if D/D makes a comeback as meta. Believe me, when i played in the early days, I loved D/D. Nobody wants it to be viable more than me but come on man. Let’s be honest, that ship has sailed.

Don’t worry man I use a dps meter since arenanet said they are legal.
If your team sucks the whole party DPS is terribile. And would be terribile evem if you play easier class.
If your team is good, giving you a good uptime on GotL, GoE, alacrity and Chrono distort in the right moments and your DPS still suck, then you are just bad and why in the world you should deserve top DPS?
We eles, yes I’m an Ele main, still have a top DPS build, you can still stay here to cry or go to training at it to push out the most possible from it, and if you use a dps meter you Can also prove to other player your DPS is still needed in raids.

For the pvp prospective… I’m not sayng Dagger off hand will be again in metà, because HoT powercreep and the removal of celestial amulet, not because it is bad.
but you at least have to admit that arenanet is looking in the right direction, even if the buffs are not enough

Parabrezza

Posted by: Ider.1276

Ider.1276

Yea, I think that 0.5 second ICD is a bit too long for the move. Maybe reducing it to 0.33 seconds would have been better.

Meteor shower casts a meteor every 0.375 seconds (9 sec effect, 24 meteors). So, either ICD is less than 0.375, and every meteor can hit (making ICD pointless), or it is above 0.375 and 50% (or more) of meteors are lost. Thats why i wrote above that this ICD bullkitten is totally bad idea to try and balance this skill. And yeah, i wrote “bullkitten”, cause this idea is as bad, as creating a chimera out of bull and a kitten.

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Yea, I think that 0.5 second ICD is a bit too long for the move. Maybe reducing it to 0.33 seconds would have been better.

Meteor shower casts a meteor every 0.375 seconds (9 sec effect, 24 meteors). So, either ICD is less than 0.375, and every meteor can hit (making ICD pointless), or it is above 0.375 and 50% (or more) of meteors are lost. Thats why i wrote above that this ICD bullkitten is totally bad idea to try and balance this skill. And yeah, i wrote “bullkitten”, cause this idea is as bad, as creating a chimera out of bull and a kitten.

And yet, ANet disagrees with you. As the hotfix yesterday lowers the ICD to .33 seconds when under the effects of quickness.

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Things seemed to be working quite fine for ele’s not sure why they had to nerf overload 7% in pve? I mean what is the point? Did the legendary bosses complain to Anet?

Raid bosses are actually played by Anet employees.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

Posted by: Ider.1276

Ider.1276

And yet, ANet disagrees with you. As the hotfix yesterday lowers the ICD to .33 seconds when under the effects of quickness.

I will try to test that. It is possible though that it will work just 50% meteors hits without quickness and 100% meteor hits with quickness.

(edited by Ider.1276)

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

I wonder why I should buy the next expac.

In my opinion, ANET doesn’t respect it’s own language in presenting content. The next specializations will soon be generalizations as well.

Mesmerising Girl

Posted by: robertjan.2197

robertjan.2197

It honestly feels like the devs don’t even play the game.

They are not (actively) listening to their consumers. E.g. they barely reply to topics or answer questions which would show proactive interest….

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

It honestly feels like the devs don’t even play the game.

They are not (actively) listening to their consumers. E.g. they barely reply to topics or answer questions which would show proactive interest….

The root cause of that is significantly more about the value of the forums and the communication on it when they do speak, than about their interest in what makes a good game.

The short version is found by looking for the comment two or three after any dev response that reads, more or less, “I know you are incompetent, but you absolutely must <BAD IDEA HERE> or THE GAME WILL DIEEEE”

cough not entirely distinct from the tone of these two comments, actually.

(Plus, “listen to players” is good and all, but Henry Ford was right when he said that if you asked, you would build a better buggy whip…)

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

As for ELE…. Yes Staff single target DPS is down… But Staff ele was never supposed to be 1 target…. It’s all AOE spells…. everything on staff was meant to hit multiple people.

Having this in mind the DPS of Staff Ele vs 3 or -Many- targets is still unmatched.
This being duly noted we should also see why the BUFF to scepter is important. Scepter is the new ranged attack weapon vs 1 target. Still we should take into account scepter has limited use and it’s capability is meh compared to staff in most situations. the beam attack is nice, but hitting more then 1 target requires some more movement…

I like the changes to warrior (being a condi warrior fan, I love the buff to FGJ, 25 stacks are back… )

I also saw distinct changes to condi thief, condi mesmer… and some other classes;

Necro however now has 3 stacks of bleeds for each chill… now that’s awesome… and you can get chill on blind and the CD of well of darkness was lowered, the icefield and the whirl in reapershroud will buff it significantly….. rotations will focus more on chill, well I like it… the chill mechanics are back. UNFORTUNATELY Chilling darkness still has a 3 sec ICD… holding reaper back significantly 2 or 1.5 secs would be an instant buff to reaper…allowing it to shine.

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

Posted by: GreyWraith.8394

GreyWraith.8394

Seems like the devs are indirectly aiming at countering condis. Notable increases to condi cleansing all over the place and many reduced utility CDs.

End of the Dream by Evanescence
unofficial theme song of the Nightmare Court

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

I’m in despair over the patch.

The Chronomancer “specialization” no longer really exists. Been depressed since yesterday afternoon.

I’m certain that the other unique Mesmer skills will be parsed out to the other classes soon as well.

I must have missed when Anet deleted all those chronomancer traits, the shield, and the wells from existence.

You’re wildly overreacting to something that doesn’t matter at all.

Posted by: VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618

VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618

That’s the problem with ANet, they’re balancing based on numbers, not actual playability. Open World was already a pain in the kitten as an ele, but now it’s just awful. Have fun running around in 80 areas getting blasted on by a group of 3+ enemies because the only skills to really survive in those situations just got worse.

it still works fine in Lake Doric, Bloodstone Fen, Bitterfrost, Verdant Brink…

I hardly notice the 7%. But the 25% buff of arc lightning really makes a difference.

(edited by VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618)

Posted by: Darcness.2408

Darcness.2408

not very keen on the phrasing abut time bending and Chronomancer change to Rev- Kinda takes out me even bothering to work for it on an Alt cause- Oh hey, all Revs have it now without the effort of working to Elite Spec Memser.

Posted by: Spook.5847

Spook.5847

Hi all,

Just curious about every one´s opinion when it comes to today´s update?

Personally I am quite disappointed as I was hoping for a lot more improvements e.g. towards balancing in WvW and some rework of the racial skills as well.

The problem with any “update” is the 20-30 afterpatches that continually shut down my game with no regard for if I am in a PVP match or whatever. Patch on logout would be a lot cleaner.