Your thoughts, monthly achievement exp without dying

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: benfy.3541

benfy.3541

Hey guys just wanted to get peoples thoughts on the exp without dying part if the monthly challenges.

I really dont care for it mainly because i myself struggle i like to dungeon or WvW a lot. I managed to get up to 71.5k then got squished by a charr. Big mean kitty.

On a positive note im a ranger love her (even thou his damage can be a little poo) i never played pvp in any mmo as i really dislike the attitude it breads but so far i must say ive played Wvw a lot espically to get monthly achievement and came 1st in a 4 v4 match even thou we lost… BOO URNS.

Any and all feedback and opinions are welcome just leave the trolls at the door.

NO BLADES. NO BOWS. LEAVE YOUR WEAPONS HERE!

Posted by: Leiloni.7951

Leiloni.7951

I think the exp without dying thing is bugged but I did manage to get it by crafting.

Posted by: SirMoogie.9263

SirMoogie.9263

I haven’t had a problem with it. I did TA the other day, and while I died in the dungeon, finishing it awarded a ton of XP towards the monthly. I don’t think dungeons are a problem for the achievement even with frequent deaths as the completion reward is huge and enough to get the achievement. WvW does seem problematic as death is assured and I don’t know of many big gains. I like WvW, but haven’t tread there much so I can’t speak with any sense of expertise on this area.

benfy.3541

yeah numerous people have said for me to craft, but im a leather worker. which means no leather drops ever, i have spend 2 days grinding for lether then accidentally made a bag in discovery then went o kittens

Posted by: Pants.8315

Pants.8315

I’ve done it twice this month.

As mine reset last week for some unknown reason. Keep getting it without noticing. I am a Guardian tho.. :P

Posted by: raphaeldisanto.5478

raphaeldisanto.5478

It’s much more difficult at lower levels. At 80, it only takes 4 or 5 events. Mine reset a few weeks ago, and I didn’t even notice until the game told me I’d gotten the exp thing again. At higher levels, you really don’t notice it.

benfy.3541

O but i worked so hard last night in Wvw to get 50 kills plus all the salvaging.
o well as im a level 53 i guess i will just do it next month.

Posted by: raphaeldisanto.5478

raphaeldisanto.5478

Hehe. I don’t step foot into WvW until I’ve gotten the exp achievement. Much easier to get exp without dying in PvE.

Posted by: Paladine.6082

Paladine.6082

yeah numerous people have said for me to craft, but im a leather worker. which means no leather drops ever, i have spend 2 days grinding for lether then accidentally made a bag in discovery then went o kittens

Why do people say they have problem getting leather? I get more leather than anything else, so much in fact that I frequently have to NPC full stacks (since the price on TP is so low that you end up making a loss selling it on there once you pay the 15% tax).

If anything I would say far too much leather drops and my fiancée would agree. You should try farming Gossamer, now that is what you call a low drop rate.

Mystic Forge Attempts for Pre-Legendary
Lvl 80 Axes : Rare: 483; Exotic: 4 – Frostfang: 0
Lvl 80 Swords : Rare: 20; Exotic: 0 – Zap: 0

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

The xp achieve is definitely bugged. I’ve gone a few dungeon runs in a row without dying, getting a few levels in the process, and not got the achieve. But then did get the achieve not too long after dying off a cliff.

To get the achieve:
It seems to not matter if you die, but does matter if you change zone or log out.

Posted by: dybryd.1358

dybryd.1358

I was so nervous about missing this part of the September achievement – I had everything else, but I’m a reckless player who dies a lot. I decided to get 100% on all the home cities to safely get some XP … I did two of them, and then walked off a ledge in the Grove and fell to my death!

But in the end I got it just by adventuring at my level – it’s only about a level and a half.

Posted by: Voqar.2349

Voqar.2349

Never had a problem with this, never focused on it, and can’t believe anybody is complaining about it.

If I, as a primarily PvE player, have to go to WvW to get my invader kill count for the monthly, then any other type of player (like a PvP focused player, for ex) can be expected to do something NOT PvP oriented to get some parts of their monthly too.

GW2 is a comlete game, not just a PvP game or a PvE game, which is one reason why some achievements (or legendaries) span all aspects of the game.

So if you can’t survive long enough in PvP to do this, do something else.

Or, if you wanna only play your way, then don’t worry about getting the monthly done, it’s not like the rewards are anything anybody NEEDs or are remarkable.

Posted by: Arsenal.2601

Arsenal.2601

I play an elementalist. Extremely fun profession, but squishy. So I will, never, ever, ever get this achievement. Even while crafting, my elementalist got her glove caught in one of the looms, cut herself, and died. So not even that way.

“I’m always achieving greatness!”

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

I play an elementalist. Extremely fun profession, but squishy. So I will, never, ever, ever get this achievement. Even while crafting, my elementalist got her glove caught in one of the looms, cut herself, and died. So not even that way.

I play Elementalist too, and it’s really by far the easiest achievement to get. In PvE you do a few event chains and there you go.

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

Posted by: voyager.4982

voyager.4982

As a few others have noted, level is a huge key here, and there are reported bugs around changing zones, logging, or even potentially using some waypoints. I know I was stuck at 22k for weeks even though I went 3 days without dying at one point for any/all of these bugged reasons.

Being conservative and just hoofing it out, I discovered that the level of zone really is key.

My first really focused attempt I was trying to do it in a starter zone and was on pace to do it in 8 hours or more using XP buffs (at 49% of the achievement I had completed 95% of the zone).

The next day I switched to Bloodtide Coast (45-55) on a lvl 44 toon, and got it in about 2.5 hours with occasional afks and without any xp food/buff, doing a few events and completing only about 30% of the zone.

So yes, it does seem to be bugged (at least compared to the other requirements which can be done across multiple toons at any point in the month), and it is pretty easy to ‘do it wrong’ (I certainly did).

But assuming you have a lvl 40+ toon, it can be done in one session, and it should be increasingly faster in higher zones.

Posted by: Leiloni.7951

Leiloni.7951

I play Elementalist too, and it’s really by far the easiest achievement to get. In PvE you do a few event chains and there you go.

I think he was joking (I hope) with the comment about dying while crafting. Ele is my main also and like I said earlier, I got the achieve crafting. But Ele does not die any more than most other classes in PvE content, so that’s an exaggeration.