Your thoughts on new daily achievements?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Mentalhead.5721

Mentalhead.5721

So, new achievements are here, some new ones were added, and now we have the ability to choose which achievements we want to do on daily basis.

Personally, I don’t like them because some of the achievements were removed such as Daily Kills, Daily Veteran Slayer, Daily Dodger, Daily Events or Daily Crafter. These are the things that you do in the game every day, you kill NPCs, do events, dodge, sometimes you even kill a veteran or a champion, so why are those not included anymore?

Don’t get me wrong, I love the ability to choose what you want to do for you daily, I love that there’s more diversity (and more will hopefully be added in the future), but I wish we could get some of those achievements back.

That’s just my opinion, what about you, where do you stand with new achievements?

Posted by: Vinny.6924

Vinny.6924

I like the ability to chose which dailies I want to do. But I do wish the ones you listed above could still be part of the choices.

Dailies are about things you do on a daily basis. They shouldn’t be about forcing you to change how you spend time in the game.

Also there should be a WvW Daily just like pve and pvp have their own.

Commander Ahria – Warrior – Stormbluff Isle

Posted by: nethykins.7986

nethykins.7986

Meh, its still very much the same to me. Going from 5 to 10(?) choices only makes that much of a difference if the choices are worth choosing – It’s still quite restrictive.

While they have chosen to open up the list, they still have locked it to a select group each day, so if you REALLY like gathering and crafting, from what I can tell, they are on alternate days. Gather on day 1, craft on day 2, when they could have easily opened all that up and given you gathering and crafting all on the same list to chose from.

Posted by: Shirogatsu.3150

Shirogatsu.3150

Extremely cool!
Keg brawl + Mist warrior + Story = good daily for me!
Fractal + Jumping puzzle + Ascalonian&Shiverpeak killer yesterday = another fun daily!

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

I think the list changes every day, no?

And about WvW daily, maybe on WvW update next month?
Still, I get most of my daily in WvW anyway… Events, Veterans, healer, dodge, etc… Best place to go…

Posted by: Cat.5839

Cat.5839

I have a problem with being forced to pvp in order to complete my dailies. I love the pvp aspect in this game but at my own choice. lots of times i have time issues that will not include being able to do the pvp and my storyline is always caught up so i have level in order to do that dailie when it comes up? I think we are fixing stuff that does not feel broken .I for one would like to see the dailies and the pvp dailies put back to where they were before. thanx for taking the time .