Your top 3 desired races?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

Title says it all – which 3 races would you most want to see become playable?

Mine:

Tengu

Largos

Djinn

Posted by: Fay.2735

Fay.2735

Skritt

Dwarves

Largos

(Also allow sylvari to be smaller than humans as originally intended, head smaller than smallest current option, they feel chunky to me!)

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

Posted by: cpenney.4793

cpenney.4793

Kodan and Tengu , not too fussy for a 3rd.

Posted by: Aziff.3248

Aziff.3248

Dwarves

Kodan

Quaggans!

+1600 hours played as Asura Necromancer | Miniature Collector
Pain Killer [pK] | Blacktide EU | PVE: Corruptionmancer | PVP: Support Wellmancer

Duke Blackrose.4981

Dwarves would require retconning or deus ex machina, as only a few of them are left (and it’s hinted that Ogden might even be the last one) – certainly not enough of them to justify a playable race.

Fay.2735

Dwarves would require retconning or deus ex machina, as only a few of them are left (and it’s hinted that Ogden might even be the last one) – certainly not enough of them to justify a playable race.

Well according to the wiki dwarves are still around but turned into stone, living in the depths. There could easily be a plot devised where the magic that transformed them is reversed or a cure made (not deeply familiar with dwarf lore so I don’t know but I can imagine it wouldn’t be hard to explain it).

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

(edited by Fay.2735)

Duke Blackrose.4981

Well according to the wiki dwarves are still around but turned into stone, living in the depths. There could easily be a plot devised where the magic that transformed them is reversed or a cure made (not deeply familiar with dwarf lore so I don’t know but I can imagine it wouldn’t be hard to explain it).

That isn’t what I was referring to. Stone dwarves are still very much dwarves, but most of the stone dwarves have died in their war against the Destroyers for the past 250 years.

Fay.2735

That isn’t what I was referring to. Stone dwarves are still very much dwarves, but most of the stone dwarves have died in their war against the Destroyers for the past 250 years.

I can’t find any information saying they have mostly died out?

Posted by: Aoshi.4785

Aoshi.4785

Canthian (with their own starter city)

Dwarf

Tengu

Posted by: Masterj.4578

Masterj.4578

I would love to play as a Tengu

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

Largos
Centaur
Fuchikoma… I mean Karka.

Posted by: Kilrain Daggerspine.6843

Kilrain Daggerspine.6843

Kodans and Dwarves (stone form)

Centaurs would also be sick, but I doubt it would be logical armorwise or camera wise.

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

Ill include reasons

Tengu – Significant presence in game already, tied to a tyran/bad person.
Dwarves- Significant lore presence along with a small presence in game, tied to an elder dragon
Kodan- Significant presence in game, tied to an elder dragon.

Ones I think will not make it

Quaggan- very hard to make armor for them since they have such a unique body
Largos- although they have humanoid structure, they have a lot of difficulties for making armor. It seems they can’t breathe air, so that creates a lot of problems with head pieces.
Skritt- Although there is a chance of them being in there, speaking from a lore standpoint it wouldn’t make any sense with the way their intelligence works.
Djinn- Are essentially elementals with no unique structure, but from past sightings in gw1 they often are made of elements. This makes them very hard to make as a race. Plus they’re supposed to be very very powerful in terms of magic.

Posted by: Ooshi.8607

Ooshi.8607

I will not speak of over-sized chickens, no polar bears in drag or underwater Forest Gump lookalikes.
I will state why the Skritt should be the new playable race.

Every intelligent person among us will surely recognise the fact that Asura are the superior race in Tyria. This is not only due to their OP cuteness, but because the world of Tyria is evidently built with someone with the correct anatomical size in mind. The Skritt would give us another choice at playing a correctly sized individual. Not only that, if you look closely next time you speak with a skritt take a closer look at his smile. Tell me that is not even cutter than the cutest asura.
Secondly, skritt got tails. Only the Charr have got tails. Everyone knows that tails are OP. If like most people you want to have a character with a nice beautiful tail, but would not like to play a charr because they are anatomically challenged, then skritt are the way forward.
My final reason is that clearly the Skritt were just made for co-op play. Sometimes I feel that Guild Wars doesn’t give you enough reasons to group. Can you imagine a horde of Skritt just going forth in Tyria just shouting at the top of their perfectly sized lungs:

- Guarding! Guarding! Guarding.
- Hey stinky feet. Got shiny for me?
- Yes shiny? No shiny?
- You smell funny.

Duke Blackrose.4981

I will not speak of over-sized chickens, no polar bears in drag or underwater Forest Gump lookalikes.
I will state why the Skritt should be the new playable race.

Every intelligent person among us will surely recognise the fact that Asura are the superior race in Tyria. This is not only due to their OP cuteness, but because the world of Tyria is evidently built with someone with the correct anatomical size in mind. The Skritt would give us another choice at playing a correctly sized individual. Not only that, if you look closely next time you speak with a skritt take a closer look at his smile. Tell me that is not even cutter than the cutest asura.
Secondly, skritt got tails. Only the Charr have got tails. Everyone knows that tails are OP. If like most people you want to have a character with a nice beautiful tail, but would not like to play a charr because they are anatomically challenged, then skritt are the way forward.
My final reason is that clearly the Skritt were just made for co-op play. Sometimes I feel that Guild Wars doesn’t give you enough reasons to group. Can you imagine a horde of Skritt just going forth in Tyria just shouting at the top of their perfectly sized lungs:

- Guarding! Guarding! Guarding.
- Hey stinky feet. Got shiny for me?
- Yes shiny? No shiny?
- You smell funny.

Skritt Thieves would be overpowered. Steal without a cooldown.

Posted by: Cole Eyre.8471

Cole Eyre.8471

- Hylek

That’s the only other playable race I’m interested in.

Posted by: Firegoth.6427

Firegoth.6427

Psychorus

Fandangos

Gringos

Future update by Anet. http://futureupdateraces/Anet/support/update/llotr/upcoming

1+1 = potato

Posted by: Seren.6850

Seren.6850

kodan, skritt is all that matters

SoS original -“They mostly come out at night … mostly”
[FIRE] Serene Snow, Warrior

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

1. Elonians
2. Canthans
3. Dwarves

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Tengu: These guys have PC Race written all over them. They look cool, too!

Kodan: Serene, fuzzy wrecking balls. They’d make a great contrast to the Charr and Norn.

Skritt: Not all lone Skritt need to be stupid, and there ARE communication devices in the game already that would let them boost each other at a distance. They could have racial skills that improve based on the number of Skritt around them.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Rambodacious.7495

Rambodacious.7495

- Skritt

- Skritt

- Skritt

- Muke Muscleshell
- Potluck Massacre [PLUM]
- Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Lokheit.7943

Lokheit.7943

Don’t we already have a top 3 desired race on this same forum already?

Anyway here are mine:

- Tengu (because all the hints are there and they were going to be the 6th initial race and have their city clearly marked).

- Largos (slowly introducted to the player, have all the ingredients for playable race including a society divided in houses, cool and personalizable).

- Oni (I don’t believe any of the other existing non-playable races would be playable because of VERY LIMITED customization given physical traits of each race, or because they’re part of the racial sympathy quests, so I think if Cantha is ever reoppened, it would be cool if there were some sort of Oni faction that isn’t hostile towards other people and were just dormant in the Jade or enslaved by Kanaxai 250 years ago).

Posted by: Skykiller.3160

Skykiller.3160

Tengu

Largos

Kodan

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

I have characters of Elonan and Canthan origin, but being able to start new characters in their actual homelands would be most appreciated. As for non-human races…

Largos. Also a big fan of Andorians. /e sings “Am I bluuue…”
Tengu. How many will be named ‘Polly’?
Skritt. More come, yes?

Although a Centaur ranger would be pretty darned cool…

The table is a fable.

Posted by: Xauhes.9634

Xauhes.9634

Margonite

Largos

Mursaat

Posted by: Nocturnal Lunacy.8563

Nocturnal Lunacy.8563

Tengu
Mursaat
Hyleck

Forever Against Stacked Servers
Virual [VRUS] Alien Lunatics [StFu] Nocturnal Sxaddx [Nuts] Ft. Aspenwood
That which is dead may eternally lie, but with great aeons even death may die.

Posted by: Dingle.2743

Dingle.2743

Kodan
Tengu
Elder Dra- I mean dwarves.

Then again, around 100 players playing as Elder Dragons in a new starter zone would be hilarious.

Posted by: Giles Marchand.6970

Giles Marchand.6970

I can’t find any information saying they have mostly died out?

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dwarf

The entire “wiki” entry is full of information saying “they have mostly died out” and that Ogden is the last known living dwarf.

(edited by Giles Marchand.6970)

Posted by: Olfinbedwere.5049

Olfinbedwere.5049

The entire “wiki” entry is full of information saying “they have mostly died out” and that Ogden is the last known living dwarf.

What happened to the Stone Summit dwarves after their exile?

Posted by: Giles Marchand.6970

Giles Marchand.6970

What happened to the Stone Summit dwarves after their exile?

If no living dwarf remains of “flesh and blood” and Ogden is the last dwarf then they underwent the right or they died.

Posted by: Kodlak.4389

Kodlak.4389

Kodan

That’s all

Posted by: Lil Puppy.5216

Lil Puppy.5216

Moa Races
Mini Pet Races
Roller Beetle Races

Kodan
Largos
Karka jk Skritt

But it’ll probably be Tengu and that’s cool too.

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

Tengu
Largos
Mursaat

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Skritt

Skritt

Skritt

Also Mursaat and Dwarves

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Tengu. Almost there already with a city behind a wall.

Dwarves. Maybe a hidden city of dwarves could be discovered. There were bound to be some that didn’t want to fight the destroyers or just were further away. For example, immigrated to Cantha sometime in the past and no one knew about them because they were underground and secretive.

Skritt. The Asura have been testing their intelligence and one of the Asura developed a device that lets them connect with the hive mind from anywhere.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

Posted by: damny.9342

damny.9342

- Largos

- Quaggans

- Skritt (yay, RP a bumbling idiot when no other skritt are around :P)

Posted by: Safer Saviour.9685

Safer Saviour.9685

Tengu.

Largos.

Mursaat.

Posted by: Chuo.4238

Chuo.4238

Dwarves
Tengu
Anything not Quaggan. I’d rather see all Quaggan become targetable and attackable.

Posted by: Kasama.8941

Kasama.8941

Kodan – Giant polar bears that resemble buddhist

Tengu – Bird men that have knowledge of the Elder Dragons’ origins

Largos – An aquatic race with a different clan for each profession would be really cool

80 Ranger | 80 Mesmer | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 40 Engineer
“The learned is happy, nature to explore. The fool is happy, that he knows no more.”
-Alexander Pope

Fay.2735

You could make a race of skritt that have been enhanced by Asura to be intelligent then they could be a playable race?

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

• Tengu
  • Kodan
  • Largos
Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Posted by: Cooperal.8704

Cooperal.8704

A new sentient, mass-produced asuran golem – So many things to think about but it would surely be doable. I can dream. Give it numerous body-types to resemble other races and genders albeit with a metallic paint-job, give it a subtly-robotic voice-mask, make it share starting city with the asura. And so on.

Tengu – Especially if they introduced more eastern-looking weaponry. Anything resembling a katana would go well; big and small. I also like the idea of a creating a ranger from this race.

Rabbits – Only one class. Suicide bomber. Can only equip semtex, dynamite or a directional claymore mine. Can also use itself as a cooking ingredient. But no seriously I don’t currently have any passion for the other races. I wouldn’t quite be ecstatic over the Kodan, Hylek or any other potential fan-favourites.

Posted by: Isslair.4908

Isslair.4908

Skritt. I’d get all the shinies! Yes-yes!

EU Aurora Glade

Posted by: Thereon.3495

Thereon.3495

Kodan would be the only race id actively purchase today if they were in the gem store. Im not usually into ‘big, strong characters’ but the whole ethos behind the Kodan is fascinating and they look awesomely cool!

Thereon Avenrise – former [Noes] Officer – Piken Square (EU)
Retired and living in a shack. Relaxing!

Posted by: Nurse.1085

Nurse.1085

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Largos
^ That’s all I care for. They look pretty cool.

I have no idea what a Female Kodan would look like, but for some reason Female Tauren from WoW comes to mind lol. If they add Kodan/Tengu, which I’m sure they will, I hope they do a better job on the Female models.

Attachments:

Posted by: Raf.1078

Raf.1078

Skritt or Kodan….can’t think of a 3rd I’d be interested in playing.

PF/ GOAT on Tarnished Coast (Semi-Retired)
Raf Longshanks-80 Norn Guardian / 9 more alts of various lvls / Charter Member Altaholics Anon

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Dwarves
Skritt
Kodan

Posted by: Sokar Rostau.7316

Sokar Rostau.7316

1. Tengu
2. Skritt
3. A Tengu/Skritt hybrid that shoots laz0rz from it’s eyes and missile barrages from it’s kitten Okay, either Kodan or Largos, I’m not decided.

Dragonbrand – Reforged Vanguard [ReVa]
Kyxha 80 Ranger, Sokar 80 Necro
Niobe 80 Guardian, Symbaoe 45 Ele

Posted by: Akari Storm.6809

Akari Storm.6809

1. Tengu or even their Avicara bretheren.
2. Margonites.
3. Grawl.

wouldn’t mind playing Naga either.
wouldn’t mind having some new race enter the picture.
wouldn’t mind playing Wardens from Echovald Forest.
wouldn’t mind playing Harpies.
wouldn’t mind playing Largos (if they made the wings a bit better than the current look).
wouldn’t mind playing Djinn or a disciple of Kanaxai.

I don’t wanna play a Mursaat as I have farmed the crap out of them for my Mursaat weapons in GW1. I hate them. on a side note though, a floating race could be cool.

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

Out of the ones we see in game already, Tengu and Kodan. Don’t really have a third choice that I can think of that is actually plausible.

I love Skritt and Quaggan, but I think its best to keep playable race away from them. They have their charm and part of that is their dialogue and character. Seeing someone play as a Skritt or Quaggan may kill their draw or maybe enhance it. But I doubt I will look at Quaggans or Skritt the same way again if I see a ton running around. They should be required to speak only with OooO’s or hive mind. xD